The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Nice room was just ruined with the people that were in them getting us up at 5 each morning. Kitchen was okay and had a working oven as well as hobos. Excellent location operate Hyde park and around the corner from a tube station.

No wifi :(

• 1st Jul 2014

I had BLOOD on my sheets!!! When I complained to reception the person said " I don't know if it's blood - I'm not a forensic scientist !!" Clearly they don't change the sheets between guests. It was disgusting. Really dirty place. Wifi sucked. DONT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

I was really disappointed and I would not book this hostel again. It does not fulfill the expectations you get if you hear the name.

• 24th Jun 2014

Close to tube station, buses and loads of pubs, restaurants and shops. Really friendly staff. You have to make your own bed up so not great if you arrive in the middle of the night, however the beds are probably the comfiest I've ever slept in at a hostel, think they are all foam mattresses which means no springs sticking into you all night. Breakfast is included and there's plenty of space and a telly in the dinning room.

good for the money, Its were I stay when im in London - been at this place 3 times now. Close to underground (20m), small supermarket, bar mm. Right across the street is Hype park. I have only stay in privat rooms. Only positive things to say about that.

I saw some bad reviews for this hostel, but having tried it myself, it was fine. I liked how the rooms were all ensuite and showers were hot. I also met some other young backpackers who were more friendly than other hostels. The beds provide basic comfort for the price, and the breakfast is good with hot chocolate and squash provided, as well as tea and coffee. I would recommend this hostel as a temporary place for people to see London.

Coming in the lobby looked clean and orderly. The receptionist was grumpy and just handed us our keys. He mentioned we had breakfast but all details were brief. He told us out room numbers and which door to us. We get into our room and it's dark and smells odd. The bunkbeds were cramped into a room and not cleaned for new guests. We had to guess which beds were open. There was no working light and random trash lying on the ground. I woke up feeling unsafe and gross. We didn't eat breakfast.

• 20th Jun 2014

free wifi would make hostel better

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »