The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

I spend one night at this place. The room are clean ,as well as the bathroom, the atmosphere is nice and the hotel is very well situated. Unfortunatly the staff was not really nice but for one night it's not a real problem

Great location , but no facilities. We had to pay for internet and staff was not warm. We also found a big group of teenagers so you can expect a lot of noise and crowded places like the kitchen.

Hostel has its positives and negatives, the positive point is undoubtedly the location, the place is relatively clean and can say that it is also safe, the staff will do the job properly, the negatives are on account of the services offered, the hostel does not provide free wifi to use and you must pay 2 pounds per hour, also has in-room locker, another service that you must pay and also ends up being expensive, the breakfast is a little time and 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. check out time is 10:00.

You get what you pay for in this hostel. It's very close to the city centre and right next to Hyde Park at a reasonable price. However, everything extra costs extra: wifi, to use the lockers or the bag storage. The breakfast is plainly toast /with strawberry jam) and cereal. On our last day, they change the locks without telling us and left the door open for anyone to go in. When we pointed this out to the staff they simply said "all the doors where open" as if that made it ok.

For the price it is not bad but I think it was dirty the bath and you have to pay for everythings... Wifi, adapter,luggage storage and is very expensive. Finally breakfast is very poor you just have a cold milk with coffee, slices of bread and orange juice. I only breakfast on first day because I didn´t like. I don´t recommend.

• 7th May 2014
  • Spain

The good thing is that there is a professional locker in the hostel reception, but you have to pay for it...

I really didn't like this hostel, the breakfast really poor and not good quality. For me was kind of far way from the sing areas, as london eye, but close to the subway (for me no better because just one way from teh subway is 4 pouds, really expencive!). NO FREE WIFI. But for a cheaper place to sleep in london is ok!

The staff that I first met when check in was very rude and he really change my mood from excellent to angry

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

There were NO lockers in the rooms (and I had 3 rooms total) contrary to what their homepage and flyer said. So you basically had to leave your suitcase unprotected in the room. There were only very few plug sockets in the rooms and no power source whatsoever in the bathroom. Most of the windows were broken and not closable, so it was cold and loud. The staff was more or less friendly and helpful. The location is really good, but still woulnd't go there again. bring a lock for your suitcase!

• 27th Apr 2014