The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

two people shagging in the bed next to mine high inappropriate considering it was a 12 man dorm

• 3rd Aug 2013

Great location, the staff is alright nothing special. The tube is right there and the rooms are fine. Good to crash for a night or 2, don't expect a palace.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Spain

The location is OK but the staff is exceptionally rude, the wi-fi sucks and costs too much, a lot of drunk people go in to the reception at night and make a racket and the staff don't care what so ever. Also: My girlfriend got BED BUGS !!! staying here. No joke. AVOID

Small room, really hot inside. They dont have any common area at the reception where you can sit. I ve asked the stuff for a 48 hours sighseeing tour and they told me that I should buy two 24 hours ticket (60 pou ds) then I ve realized that with a 24 hour ticket plus 6 pounds I could have done the 48 hours tour. Another negative point is that they charge you for everything (internet, luggage store, soap, etc). I ve been 3 days and in the first the elevetor didnt work, in the second the wifi didn

When I read the reviews to this hostel, I was scared to go there. But in fact, it´s not so bad. It´s cheap, but the rooms are clean, there was no smell and the staff was normal. I understand the problems, which other guests had, but for me the hostel was absolutelly acceptable.

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Czech Republic

- The light switch of the room and the bathroom was the same, which means that whenever somebody needed the toilet during the night, everybody in the room would be awakened by the light (remember, you are sharing room with 7 strangers) -- You have to pay both for WIFI connection and for luggage storage (2 pounds per bag!) - Breakfast was definitely low quality, to the extent that some customers brought their own food. - The lift was out of order during our stay.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Spain

The place is run down. In comparison to other places at the same or lower price there are better options available with better staff. While mostly clean the lack of effort is quite noticeable.

• 19th Jul 2013

Great location and thats about it. Its ok for a few nights stay, but no free wifi and no free lockers. I guess thats what makes it so cheap. The beds are rather short not really advised for tall people. Also were only 2 power points in the bedroom for 8. How is this possible!

Very rude staff. Hostels are meant to accommodate travelers. Wifi was expensive. Most travelers are on a budget so maybe they should appear as if they actually care about the traveler and not just trying to make money on them.

• 16th Jul 2013

Booking last minute is never a good idea when you're on a budget and travelling for business. The Royal Bayswater Hotel doesn't have many facilities and the private room doesn't even have a bathroom door, just an odd plastic curtain that doesn't look too clean. Would definititely NOT recommed this place if you can go somewhere else. As mentioned in the description, you don't get free Wifi here so if you're gonna browse the Internet, you better go to the nearby Starbucks a fair bit!

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS HOSTEL'S WEBSITE. The staff at this hostel had terrible customer service training. They had no ability to deal with problems, instead had to wait until their manager came in the morning. This system caused stress to me and my friend. Other incidences are as follows: - One male staff member wearing headphones whilst appearing inconvenienced to talk to me - One male staff member not wearing shoes whilst in his uniform Also, you should never have to pay for wifi.

Very very dirty, staff not helpful, you are expected to pay for internet, luggage storage, everything!! Breakfast too poor!

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Greece

It has been great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 12th Jul 2013

The location is convenient and nice but the rooms are overfilled and the staff is stingy and impolite. When my group showed up just before midnight they made us wait to check in because the guy at the front decided to end his shift early. When we finally could check in they overbooked our room and my friends had to share a bed. It's nice to have ensuite but the rooms house so many people that it seems wrong to advertise this amenity and there were not enough outlets and they charge for WiFi.

Bad staff, unclean, dirty rooms and so on. But the worse was that the staff was so unfriendly and the really bad breakfast. There were mole in all the bathrooms.

I stayed in a private ensuite room, so my stay was okay. But be warned that this hotel is used for school groups, so is regularly crowded and noisy if you are on the floors with the dorm rooms.

• 7th Jul 2013

Rooms to expensive for what they really are. No wifi, which is more than normal today. For luggage deposit we needed to pay 2 pounds per luggage, whereas in other hostels,it is for free. Good location

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Switzerland

Great location, very clean, very good value for money!

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Wales

I had great time during my vacation. The hostel is pretty good , maybe not the cleanest one. I shared my room with 10 people it was possible to sleep every night. I suggest this hostel for the location (only 30sec by walk to the Queensway station - central line).

to be honest i wouldnt't recommend this place. just a no go

• 2nd Jul 2013