The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

I stayed in a twin ensuite, very comfortable. The room needs a bit of refurbishment, there were some wet marks on the wall. Despite that I loved the place. :)

The showers could really need a check. They are not good at all. I stayed with 7 other girls and almost all of us agreed that the shower was really poor. Otherwise I have enjoyed the stay.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

No free Internet Walls are thin

Good location, close to the tube station. But the hostel itself looked a bit run down. No good relaxing atmosphere. Most vistors didn´t look like backpackers more like low payed workers. Poor breakfast but ok. Just one bathroom for 12 persons. Rooms are run down, old metal bunk beds not very stabel. But all in all an good cost-benefit ratio.

There was an ongoing problem with the lift, which meant climbing 5 flights of stairs from breakfast room to dorm. there were no amenities in the kitchen for cooking or heating personal food stuff. Staff were courteous and helpful.

i staid 4 night in a 10 beds's rooms...You get, what you pay. For the money it's okey: a bed, a breadfast and a bathroom, for other thing, you have to pay. I didn't see strange people o something like that, but the atmosphere it's not too good , for know people ( half of the guests has 35-50 ages).All let his luggage in the bedroom(shoes , towels, etc) and nothing strage happened

I stayed ina room for 10 people. There was no other young people besides me and my friends. This hostel does not have a young vibe. The breakfast is very poor, only bread and butter. Nothing was tidy and new. You can see that there was no care for the place. Only one bathroom for 10 people, you can imagine how it gets after everyone baths. NO FREE WIFI, you have to pay for everything there. The place is dirty!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

The rooms were quite clean and rather big. We stayed in a 20 beds dorm and the guests were all very kind and quiet late at night. Unfortunately the showers were cold, but the bathrooms were quite clean. We enjoyed our stay.

• 16th Jan 2014

When we arrived at our room, it was very untidy, they give us numbers of our beds but it was impossible to find. The hotel charge for the internet one high price, it was really bad. The breakfast is terrible. This is the worst place that i have ever gone on my life,

We just spent one night there, but the shower was very bad, either boiling or freezing water, it looked dirty overall. Our bedroom was really small for 8 persons, the beds couldn't fit it properly, there was no almost no space for luggage. Breakfast was ok. But it is a cheap hostel, so for just one night it was acceptable.

• 1st Jan 2014

The breakfast was not a full British breakfast, on which I was hoping. but the food offered was good quality.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Belgium

I did not like this hotel. The rooms have a bathroom for 10 or more people, no free internet, you need to pay 1 pound per 15-minute internet.

This hostel was okay. We found most of the staff pretty cold and unfriendly (especially the manager). You have to pay 2pounds every 24hours to use the safe..even though most of the free lockers in the rooms are broken. Breakfast was average.

There is no free WiFi and the breakfast included only toast with marmalade

A hostel without wi-fi, make the things difficult :/ , and the staff don't like to help you in your tasks.

Totally lacking in service. One of my friends managed to send them an e-mail to inform them that she wasn't coming and they deemed it proper to cancel my booking as well. (Even though I sent them a confirmation as proper) What's more, even if I showed them the voucher they totally disregarded me and offered me to stay the night for 20 GBP per night! Needless to say I stayed one night and found another place to stay for the rest of my vacation. A serious turn-down for me and an absolute no no!

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Greece

The staff could be more polite and the Hostel didn't have free Wi-fi access so we had to pay 1pound for every hour. But the location is perfect, there is a bus station and an undergroud station right next to it.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Greece

QUITE SURPRISED. My single room was not amazing but quite normal for a low budget hotel… nice large single bed with clean linen, clean toilet with towels and nice hot water shower, a small LCD and ever everything you need to make some tea. Nice breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans, cereals, milk, coffee, tea, fruit, juice, bread, jams and butter). Overall evaluation is good for the expectations I had. Not advised for conceited or preppy people. ;)

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Stayed in a private room again - much better than first time, very clean and bright room, I was shocked at how big the room was! Room cleanliness was immaculate as was bathroom cleanliness in room.. Not much to say really , nice staff and good location, internet is not free but the room does have a TV! Luggage storage £2 a day :)

okay for the price but very, very basic!!!