The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Great location, clean sheets, friendly and helpful staff. Stayed in 3 different rooms due to availability but all were fine. Shower in one room wasn't great but still could be used. Breakfast was basic, toast, cereal, tea and coffee, but was fine.. Kitchen was good if you wanted to organise your own food. Used by families and school groups as well as travellers. Wifi wasn't great but pub a couple of doors down had great wifi, food and drinks! Very close to Queensway tube stop. Will stay again.

the worst hostel i've ever stayed, it's cheap but you have to pay for everything so you'll end pay more than in a nice hostel.

Firstly location was perfect. Tube, bus and walking distance with everything. The rooms were sufficient and the beds we're tolerable, remembering the hostel is on the cheaper side. The bathrooms were standard and leaned to the more unclean side, however I didn't feel I couldn't use it. Toast or cereal for breakfast and a cup of tea sufficed. Overall it wasn't perfect, but I wasn't paying for perfect so to that this hostel suited me. If anything, I'd have liked a clean bed cover with the sheets.

Clean, cheap and basic.

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Israel

The bathroom in my room had mold all over the wall and the toilet didn't flush well. I appreciated that breakfast was offered, but it was very simple: toast with butter and jam, basic cereal, with tea and instant coffee. Otherwise, it was cheap and a pretty good location.

Simply the best! Better than all the rest;)

I know that a hostel is not an hotel but... I stayed here 5 nights in a private room. The place is really nice and clean. Housekeeping and breakfast are perfect. But...I slept just one nights. The other nights we were disturbed by people shouting laughing and running in the corridor at every time in the night. Even when I went to the reception to complain nothing changed. They have rules written on the wall in the hall and they have to get the people respect these rules as well.

• 27th Jun 2013

Good location short walking distance (2min) from queensway and bayswater tube station, dirty bedding (can't use them), felt like in contaminated place we were concerned about getting bed bugs/lice from the dirty beds, breakfast not to 9.00 am as they claimed, broken locker. They have no place to leave our bags free. It's not cheap so you expect reasonable quality but it was below our expectation.

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Saudi Arabia

Nice location, good facilities, quite clean... Staff isn't always very helpfull, but it is good value for your money, a good stay for what you pay

You have to pay extra for wifi and for leaving the luggage. Female staff is ok and very friendly but the man is very aggressive, I think the less I can expect is to be treated with respect.

The only good thing is the price and the location. (Busstop in front and tube nearby.) Unfriendly stuff. Guests have to pay for internet. Dirty rooms and bathrooms, it smelled (especcially bathrooms), rusted beds which are squealing, sink in one of the bathroom was broken, the staircase in the room is a trip hazard (especcially in the dark), no reading lights, some plugs but only far away from the beds, absolutely no privacy (no curtains at the beds), no adapters to borrow (only to buy).

A breath of fresh air. Recently arrived in London for a working holiday and whilst looking for long term accom my partner and I stayed here for one night (all that was available). We stayed in a private room, and it was nicer than some of the hotels we stayed in.

• 24th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

Simply the best!!

Our stay was very good. The room was oke. The location was fabulous. The underground is a minute away.

• 23rd Jun 2013

Don't expect too much seeing as this is one of the cheapest. Alright for one or two nights, any longer go somewhere with a better rating.

8-dorm rooms are very small and there is hardly any space to put any luggage.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • India

no hot water ! before 10 am they just turned off !! joke .

Pretty good hostel! Very close to the undeground station, near the big park and other facilieties! 24 hours open and everythin' is pretty comfortable! It was good - next time will book room in this hostel!

• 6th Jun 2013
  • Ukraine

for private room.i can recommend for those of u who plan to stay here..small room but still comfort and value for what u spend...good access...i stay here again soon.

• 6th Jun 2013
  • Malaysia

Highy rude staff and complaint to hostelworld hasn't been responded after a week. They also do not allow for you to call them. Just unacceptable. Avoid both if you can.