The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

It's a bit annoying that we do not have access to free lockers that we could use with our own padlocks. Also, the oven are not very effective.

the lockers in the room are not there anymore !!! the only lockers available are in the lobby and you have to ask the reception to open it every time you want to use it this hostel is ok for a couple of days but not more, it is only "royal" by its name

Was what you payed for, I would stay again. Shower pressure was a bit slow and no wifi. Really close to a tube stop and over the road from Hyde park, with plenty of shops around.

Si no estás buscando gran cosa, este sitio no está mal. Adecuado para un viaje de dos o tres noches en el que lo principal sea no gastar mucho dinero. Lo malo es que hay que pagar dos libras por bulto y día si quieres dejar tu maleta en una taquilla; también pagas por toalla y por wifi. No hay cortinas (pero en casi ningún sitio de Londres hay...). Por la noche hacía algo de frío, así que mejor coge un buen pijama. Y a la ducha hay que pillarle el truquillo para no achicharrarte con el agua.

An old worn out hostel, that once was an old worn out hotel. Yet business has never been better due to its prime location right across from Kensington Palace, and the never ending stream of tourists and EU immigrants. For the price, it is as good as you will find in London. .There are significantly worse hostels in that area.

You will have to pay for all Internet, washing facilities and lockers. You will not be able to use kitchen facilities if school groups visit. The main staff were not friendly in the slightest. However some of the girls on front reception were lovely when we checked out. Location is good and it is cheap if you stay in a large dorm. You get breakfast every morning which is good.

• 22nd May 2014

Stayed in a 20 bed room and the line for the bathrooms could get pretty long in the mornings as there were only 2. The rooms were a bit dirty, but the beds were clean. We were given fresh sheets at check-in. Breakfast was toast, cereal, and coffee or tea, so nothing special. Great location though - right next to Hyde Park, Kensington Palace and gardens, and Queensway metro station.

I spend one night at this place. The room are clean ,as well as the bathroom, the atmosphere is nice and the hotel is very well situated. Unfortunatly the staff was not really nice but for one night it's not a real problem

Great location , but no facilities. We had to pay for internet and staff was not warm. We also found a big group of teenagers so you can expect a lot of noise and crowded places like the kitchen.

Hostel has its positives and negatives, the positive point is undoubtedly the location, the place is relatively clean and can say that it is also safe, the staff will do the job properly, the negatives are on account of the services offered, the hostel does not provide free wifi to use and you must pay 2 pounds per hour, also has in-room locker, another service that you must pay and also ends up being expensive, the breakfast is a little time and 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. check out time is 10:00.

You get what you pay for in this hostel. It's very close to the city centre and right next to Hyde Park at a reasonable price. However, everything extra costs extra: wifi, to use the lockers or the bag storage. The breakfast is plainly toast /with strawberry jam) and cereal. On our last day, they change the locks without telling us and left the door open for anyone to go in. When we pointed this out to the staff they simply said "all the doors where open" as if that made it ok.

For the price it is not bad but I think it was dirty the bath and you have to pay for everythings... Wifi, adapter,luggage storage and is very expensive. Finally breakfast is very poor you just have a cold milk with coffee, slices of bread and orange juice. I only breakfast on first day because I didn´t like. I don´t recommend.

• 7th May 2014
  • Spain

The good thing is that there is a professional locker in the hostel reception, but you have to pay for it...

I really didn't like this hostel, the breakfast really poor and not good quality. For me was kind of far way from the sing areas, as london eye, but close to the subway (for me no better because just one way from teh subway is 4 pouds, really expencive!). NO FREE WIFI. But for a cheaper place to sleep in london is ok!

The staff that I first met when check in was very rude and he really change my mood from excellent to angry

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

There were NO lockers in the rooms (and I had 3 rooms total) contrary to what their homepage and flyer said. So you basically had to leave your suitcase unprotected in the room. There were only very few plug sockets in the rooms and no power source whatsoever in the bathroom. Most of the windows were broken and not closable, so it was cold and loud. The staff was more or less friendly and helpful. The location is really good, but still woulnd't go there again. bring a lock for your suitcase!

• 27th Apr 2014

Awful service experience with a receptionist. Morning shift people were much nicer and polite. Accomodation (bunks) as expected. Nothing spectacular but nothing wrong either. No free WiFi

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Estonia

Prepare to pay for everything individually (somewhere safe to keep your bags, pay for WiFi by the hour, etc). Also, this place is not ideal for a young traveler. I was greeted by two men that looked to be in their 40s, had to move empty beer cans and pizza boxes to finish making my bed, and was so grossed out by the whole place that I did not end up staying the night there, so I lost the money I spent on one night. It's in a good location but that's about the only positive thing I saw in it.

• 24th Apr 2014

beds were really bad- squeaky and had a big dent in the middle. only one bathroom in the rom to share with 12 people. staff were not very helpful at check in.

Appalling shabby neglected nightmare