The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The attendents that work in the night, are more lazier and peevish

• 14th Nov 2013

Very average hostel. Within hours of arriving my boyfriends wallet was emptied. I also had my outlet and phone charger stolen out of the wall. The staff have no interest in helping you or going out of their way. The atmosphere is sketchy and no one trust anyone. Only benefit is the location. Lock up and hide your belongings while you shower, sleep and go out. Wouldnt recommend.

Good value . Quality as you would expect for price

• 9th Nov 2013

The locations is very good and the staff is ok, but it would be better if they charge for a good breakfast than offer a poor breakfast..

• 9th Nov 2013

I stayed in a mixed 8-bed room. The price that I paid was reasonable for a one night stay, but the condition was not. once you've check-in, you'll be greeted by very dusty staircase - and I am not exaggerating when I say very. The room is massively crowded. The only available space in the room was a space the size of a single bed in the middle of the 4 double-decker beds. The toilet is OKish, the only good thing about the room. But the light for the toilet shares the same switch as the main ligh

• Malaysia

Lockers in room didn't work so had to pay more to keep bags behind the desk

• 9th Nov 2013

I stayed in a private single room on the 3rd floor. The room was tiny but just what I needed. Breakfast was included which was a good bonus. This was the cheapest single private room I could find so I was a bit weerie. However, it turned out just fine, and I would stay again. Nothing special but I was out and about most of the time anyways. It was very close to the Queensway underground stop which was super convenient! My room was clean and I had no problems with security.

Evenr if just for one night, it s been a pleasure to spend it in your hostel because I just had all I needed for a comfortable fast visit in London! Thanks Rosa

• 8th Nov 2013

THE ROOM WAS RIDICULOUSLY SMALL FOR 4 PEOPLE. LOCKERS AND DOOR LOCK WAS BROKEN EVERY SECOND DAY. CARPET DUSTY. BREAKFAST SAD. ON THE OTHER HAND, THE LOCATION IS FANTASTIC, AND IT IS VERY EASY TO REACH EVERYWHERE BY BUS OR UNDERGROUND, AND THE STAFF WAS VERY KIND.

• 7th Nov 2013

I have stayed at several hostels in this area and the others all use triple bunk beds. This hostel uses double bunk beds in all the dormitories which are much better for those of us o6 foot tall.

The shower in the room had cold water for 2 days, toilet out of order. To go to a toilet during the night had to go to basement.

I had a great stay there. I booked a private room and it was fully equiped. The bathroom was cleaned on a daily basis as well as my room. The staff was very helpful even though my english was limited. I think the internet price (2 pounds for 1 and 1/2 hour) was fair.

• 3rd Nov 2013

It is a good place to stay in London at a good price

There's no Hot Water !!!!

Well, shower had cold water in the room, only cold water and no shower outide the rooms. Second night Room toilet out of order, not even cold shower and to go to a toilet, only in the basement, Lift´s not working to the first floor, not even when you carry a heavy suitcase. Only one micowave in the Kitchen. No free Wi Fi

They ask for 2 pounds luggage storage as it should be free with lots of stollen items in this hostel rooms .So actually you have to add in your mind another 2 pounds per day and do purchase the luggage storage otherwise u could remain with nothing.

Great location but you get what you pay for. Water in the shower was either barely warm or scalding hot. Lock on the door was barely holding the door shut. Impossible to meet anyone since there is no common room. You have to pay for the wifi, which, wouldn't bother me if it were decent but it was terrible. It is, however, right next to Queensway and across the street from Kensington Gardens. All in all, you get what you pay for.

Sunday morning, no hot water at all on level one. kitchen toilet blocked. People sleeping on beds without using sheets provided.

My stay of eight days in the hostel went very well, me and my girlfriend spent a memorable week in London, the staff was helpful, the room and the hostel generally clean, thanks to all of The Royal Bayswater Hostel who made my stay there pleasant! thank you for your attention. Kind regards Asen Mallinov

I booked this hostel because they had an elevator for my disabled friend only to get there and its out of order with no sign on the door informing us plus they put us on top floor involving 6 flights of stairs. I was appalled they should state on website if problems as I did check day before that had elevator.

• 30th Oct 2013