The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Really in the heart of London - excellent location. Very cold at night - broken windows, Other than that I would recommened it.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Poland

It was an OK hostel, best thing is the location as it's 15 minutes walk to Oxford Street and it was good value really. On the downside the rooms a little bit dirty. Girls on the reception were nice.

staff and surroundings were absolutely very nice

• 28th Oct 2013
  • India

Spacious hostel in a central London, got most of the backpacking essentials: proper kitchen, large eating room. It's not a youth hostel, I was surprised to see some children, families and elderly people. The atmosphere was okay. WiFi was not free, which is a big let down I think. They have a number of desktop computers going for 2 pounds for 90 minutes I think it was. Staff consists largely of Eastern Europeans, some barely speak English and don't seem too concerned with hospitality...

Attitude of staff horrible. Esp the female counter staff-so rude. Our toilet light was spoilt but wasnt fixed during our stay. Breakfast was horrible as well.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

I don't know how many regal types choose to spend their time in hostels, let alone this one. Never-the-less, it is one of the better hostels in London. The pleasant Polish receptionists, the cleaned eatery and kitchen and presence of laundry and dryer. The TV is good. During my time I met an eccentric Irish hostel drifter who told me about the scaffolding of Hyde Park Hostel. Also, Helen with her superb opinion on the talentlessand nauseating Miley Cyrus. And I also saw a magic show in French.

is a very bad hostel!!!!!!

• 19th Oct 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hostel for 4 nights, in a private room. The location was great and every moning we've got new towels and sheets, that was very nice. The room was clean and big. Only the shower was very very cold, and gave less water. Also de price of the room was quite high. Overall we enjoyed our stay and we would recommend the hostel to others.

• 17th Oct 2013

Good location and staff (although there was a bit of conflicting information on luggage holding)-I was in a single private -the room was clean however for a private room could have been done to higher standards (there was hair and dust on the floor of room and bathroom-also dusty around window sills). It's good value for money for an ensuite private however small things (like cleanliness) are easy to fix and increase customer satisfaction and peace of mind ten fold. TV in room is very nice touch

The place smells of weed when you get past the door leading to the stairs. Probably fine for a stopover of one night but not recommended for longer stays. Staff at reception are fine, however someone in my room reported a blocked toilet and staff came up at 2am with no consideration for people who are already asleep, turned the lights full on, and then left without attempting to fix the toilet or turning them off after a few minutes.

this is my third stay here and i find the place to be great value, centrally located and easy to find, this has all the basic requirements including lockers (£2 extra) in the rooms, clean bathrooms (size depends on which room you're allocated) and breakfast included (just the basics but it's included). The only reason for the low rating, I guess, is the dis-interested staff (but that depends on who you get). Would stay again if price doesn't increase.

Good place to stay only in case of good location. All other things are bad - clearness, hospitality... Rooms are VERY small, you can't even seat on bed!

the hostel is located in a great area - near the Underground and very close to the central. the first night we get a horrible room but the reception was very friendly and helpful and let us change the room. the next room was much better. when you come to London and just visit the City and don't spend much time in the room I would defintly recommend this hostel. ist worth for the money, the area is great and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

• 10th Oct 2013

Worst place I ever stayed in my life dirty, bed bugs, terrible breakfast and the rudest staff ever. You have to pay for everything. Old people there and very young kids there running away.

This is not a hostel for travellers.. It's for homeless and junkies... Had some Heroin addicts in my room throwing up for 3 days straight and threw up alllll over the bathroom and it wasn't cleaned up for a whole day. Wifi isn't free and there is zero atmosphere! Even though it's cheap I wld never reconmend this hostel!

need reovation throughout

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

Straight forward and a very pleasant place to stay! Will certainly be returning. Thank you.

In general the hostel is good, breakfast and anothers, but there is a problem.... wifii pay for use internet ???? is the first time I had to pay 1 pound per 1 hour, honestly speaking it was unfair, really, because internet is free around the world in all hostels, I disagree with this policy, it is necesary to change this.. but in another issues it was good, but internet in this century it is essentail, it is not possible to pay an additional charge, simple no??? thanks

There should be free access to wifi.

Great location. It's so central. I stayed in a single ensuite room. It was very clean. Breakfast for private rooms is good. There are two things I don't like though. First, the lift did not work, which made it so hard for me to carry my luggage to my room. Second, you could hear people walking on the floor and banging their doors so loudly at night. But in general, the place is much better than expected. I will definitely stay there again.