The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Desayuno muy pobre y de baja calidad, te cobrab por todo Mucha gente mucho ruido,.se hace difícil dormir

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Good if: you prioritize location and easy access to public transportation. Not good if: you prefer a backpacking atmosphere. This is probably not the hostel faults, as it happens with most really large hostels. What could be improved: Poor breakfast for the shared rooms, wifi is expensive (pay per hour) and it is not included (was not even working at the time we were there), free lockers for everyone in the shared rooms. Since it is such a big place, it is impossible to feel your things are sa

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

We booked a private room at short notice because we were going to a concert at Hyde Park. This was the best we could find for location and price. The location was great. Our room was small but totally adequate. Clean. All we wanted was a comfortable night’s sleep and a hot shower in the morning. After reading some reviews saying that the inclusive breakfast was poor, we were surprised to come down to eggs, sausage and beans in the morning as well as toast, juice, coffee, cereal, cheese, jam…

very unpleased that hotel made us change room after every night during our stay!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Finland

I stayed at the Bayswater hostel last year, so this was my 2nd stay. The staff certainly are excellent and friendly and efficient; it is the reception staff I am thinking of! On checking in this year, as soon as I walked into reception I recognised a female staff member behind the reception desk from last year . They made it quite clear that they were happy to accept my driving license as Photo ID even tho it had expired 5 years ago! Another hostel I originally booked into would not accept!

• 23rd Jun 2015

This hostel was okay. It is close to bus stop and right next to Hyde Park. You have to pay for the wifi, and there were only 2 in the entire room for 8 people.

Good for short stays, the staff was friendly and the hostel was easy to find. Bed was comfortable, and the room was large enough for 20 people, with 2 bathrooms so things weren't too crowded. However it was noisy during the night (to be expected of a hostel, but woke me up a couple of times) and the continental "breakfast" was just toast and cereal, it was a huge disappointment, almost laughable. Still though, for just one night it was great value for money!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Personale scortese, lenzuola fornite al check-in sporche (anche di sangue). La ragazza alla reception molto scortese e arrogante, durante le procedure di check-in si è messa a chiacchierare al telefono. Sconsigliato

• 22nd Jun 2015

Enjoyed my staff. Would have appreciated a locker or somewhere to secure my bags while I was out during the day.

• 21st Jun 2015

1) The room was meant for 8 people but the second day, a bed of 2 people was added without any notice or apology. 2) The shower was broken : the water was either too cold or too hot --> impossible to properly shower.

• 19th Jun 2015

The location was great but there just weren't any lockers which is always super sketchy in a hostel. The free breakfast was decent: cereal. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Not too many hostels in London are that great to begin with.

This was a solidly okay place to stay. And for the price its probably worth staying. Our room was unfortunate as we had a group of young adults who were the most inconsiderate hostel users I have ever seen. They kept coming back to the room around 2 drunkenly singing and no matter what anyone said to get them to stop they didn't until they passed out. But not hostels fault, the hostel itself wasn't bad, not the cleanest or best services. But next to underground station and cheap.

Die Lage war super, aber das Hostel/Hotel ist für mehr als zum Schlafen nicht geeignet und mir persönlich für das was wir angeboten bekommen haben viel zu teuer.

• 17th Jun 2015

Very good hostal and location, the personal isn't good at all and I think it could be better

Pas de casier sécurisé dans les chambres, tous les dormeurs laissent leur affaire dans la chambre, en faisant confiance à son voisin. Pas de vols à déplorer lors de mon séjour. Emplacement excellent. Personnel très peu sympathique. Propreté assez mauvaise, mais pas génante pour des jeunes pas trop regardant. Les draps sont propres et les lits d'assez bonne qualité. Petit déjeuner assez mauvais mais gratuit Cuisine à disposition A choisir si on veut juste avoir un endroit où dormir,pas plus

For the price you pay, I think it's worth it. It's right next to Hyde Park, which means it's a long walk to get to London's main attractions, but luckily it's a minute away from the underground which makes it more convenient. You need to pay for wifi and luggage storage, though. Breakfast was just plain toast and jam/butter.

Muy bien situado, buen lugar si la intención es conocer la ciudad.

• 12th Jun 2015

I only stayed for 2 nights in a 20 beds dorm and i would not recommend more. Good and cheap hostel as long as it is just to sleep. Very close to Queensway station (less than a minute walk).

I had a wonderful time and the company andfacilities were brilliant. Sorry though I can't syay with you again as your services will be unavailable after srptember possibly. No complaints.

This hostel is like a palace compared to the hostel I stayed at previously. There is carpet in the corridors and a lift that takes me all the way up to the fourth floor. The tv room is so big and spacious with a super big flat tv screen on the wall. The kitchen has all the utensils, plates and cups stored in the cupboards in the kitchen instead of having to ask at reception and place a deposit. Each dorm room has its own bathroom with toilet and shower. No going outside the room at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7