The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The second time I stayed later in the week the staff were really pleasant and was given a room away from the main road as I had requested. There were cockroaches in the bathrooms and not enough accessible sockets in the rooms. But cheap accommodation, good location so would stay again.

Slidt. Fik værelse ud til en konstant kørende udsugning.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Rooms stuffy

It's in a good spot, near the tube and buses, right across from Kensington Gardens but the hostel could use some upgrades, especially in security - there are only a handful of lockers all of which were full so that was disappointing. Not the worst place we've stayed but certainly no where near the best.

O hostel tem uma localização otima, em frente ao hyde park, com linha de onibus bem na frente, estações de trem e de metro muito proximas, o custo beneficio de ter uma boa localização em londres é porque você poupa muito, pois no transporte é onde se gasta mais dinheiro na viagem. O hoste tem café da manha, o que também é otimoe possui cozinha caso queira cozinhar tbm. Pelo menos o quarto que eu fiquei era muito abafado, nao tinha ventilação e o banheiro era minusculo. A internet era paga tbm

The good points for this hostel : very good location, bus stop right at the door, clean, kitchen at your disposal, no curfew. Bad points: the lift isn't working most of the time, staff doesn't really know about what to see and the prices, noisy because of heating or cooling right outside the window of my room.

poor value for money... staff was quite unpleasant, facilities were dilapidated, breakfast was bad

• 17th Jul 2014

Ha sido muy agradable la estancia y la verdad es que es una buena elección por la comparación de calidad, precio y cercanía. Volvería a ir.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Spain

La calidad precio es buena. Nos molesto que tanto el wifi como el servicio guarda equipajes lo cobran cuando en cualquier hotel del mundo son gratis. Ademas cancelamos un dia de estancia con mas de un mes de anticipacion y se quedaron con el anticipo del 12% de ese dia, inclusive habiamos contratado la reserva flexible de hostelworld. Sinceramente estas politicas que tiene el hostel me parecen pesimas, solamente lo volveria a recomendar en caso de que se este buscando un alojamiento economico

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

The location is excellent (just a step from the subway and buses) which is good because once you've seen your room you just want to go far away from it. - One night it rained, the ceiling was LEAKING (the drops falling on my face and my bed woke me up). - Many acarids although the the room is cleaned regularly (I spent my time sneezing) - Disgusting breakfast - Unpleasant staff (just tell us if we annoy you by asking questions) Ugh I'll never come here again!

• 14th Jul 2014

The guy on the desk didn't know how to work the card machine and expected us to be able to whip out £400 from the cashpoint. Waited for an hour before they even checked us in. It's noisy, the beds are too small for fully grown adults, and we got eaten by insects of some kind. Stayed one night and cancelled the rest, had to suck up a cancellation fee, but I will never go back there ever again.

• 13th Jul 2014

Wi-fi should be free!! Nice common room and kitchen, helpfull staff, excellent location in front of hyde park

Wi-Fi should be free + no lockers at room.

Location is excellent! Very close to Central London. Good value for money. Other basic items are payable though like the Internet, towels and to keep your luggage (2 pounds per bag).

hostel is in a really good location. Free wifi would make the hostel even better. No real common area to meet other travelers, but you can meet some in the dorm room. good value for money, would prob stay there again next time I'm in London :)

This hostel is a good deal for what you pay for. Bed, warm shower, breakfast. It's not a luxury hotel so you shouldn't expect that. I came in with low expectations and was satisfied. It's right near Hyde Park and the bus stop so while it's a bit west of Piccadilly square, it's not hard to get anywhere.

We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed room in advance. Once we arrived they told us, that someone did a mistake and now we had to sleep in a 8 bed room. This room was so packed with people, stinking and facing the main street that we could barely sleep that night. In both rooms and bathrooms that I slept in no hooks for clothes existed!

• 7th Jul 2014

Worse ever hostel I had stayed

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very Pleasant and efficient ladies on the desk, comfortable beds and nice to have toilets en suit.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Sejour trés agréable dans l'ensemble. Personnel accueillant et disponible, emplacement idéal (3 lignes de metro !), central et situé à deux pas du quartier branché de Notting Hill. Cependant j'émettrai deux réserves: l'etat des douches est catastrophique (soit glacée soit brulante presque dangereux) et les casiers pour mettre ses affaires à l'abri comme c'était indiqué dans la description étaitent cassés ! La salle à manger au sous-sol n'est vraiment pas accueuillante...

• 6th Jul 2014