X
NOTE: 9 or more guests qualifies as a group booking, change the number of guests to return to normal search.
Enquire Now HostelBookers Logo Group of 15 or more?

Our sister site HostelBookers can create a tailor-made booking plan for your large travel group.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Reviews & Ratings Explained

67%

Rating
2613 Total Reviews
  • 71%Value For Money
  • 66%Security
  • 88%Location
  • 67%Staff
  • 60%Atmosphere
  • 62%Cleanliness
  • 56%Facilities

The rating percentage is calculated from customers who booked within the last 12 months.

All ratings and reviews are based on the feedback and opinions of the customers who submitted them and do not express the opinions of Hostelworld.com. This way, you get an up-to-the-minute opinion of just how good a hostel really is.
Read our review guidelines »

  • Show:

63%

La calidad precio es buena. Nos molesto que tanto el wifi como el servicio guarda equipajes lo cobran cuando en cualquier hotel del mundo son gratis. Ademas cancelamos un dia de estancia con mas de un mes de anticipacion y se quedaron con el anticipo del 12% de ese dia, inclusive habiamos contratado la reserva flexible de hostelworld. Sinceramente estas politicas que tiene el hostel me parecen pesimas, solamente lo volveria a recomendar en caso de que se este buscando un alojamiento economico

  • 15th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Uruguay
  • Male, 25-30
  • (1 review)


57%

The location is excellent (just a step from the subway and buses) which is good because once you've seen your room you just want to go far away from it. - One night it rained, the ceiling was LEAKING (the drops falling on my face and my bed woke me up). - Many acarids although the the room is cleaned regularly (I spent my time sneezing) - Disgusting breakfast - Unpleasant staff (just tell us if we annoy you by asking questions) Ugh I'll never come here again!

  • 14th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Mixed Group, 18-24
  • (1 review)


80%

Wi-fi should be free!! Nice common room and kitchen, helpfull staff, excellent location in front of hyde park


63%

Wi-Fi should be free + no lockers at room.


77%

Location is excellent! Very close to Central London. Good value for money. Other basic items are payable though like the Internet, towels and to keep your luggage (2 pounds per bag).


80%

hostel is in a really good location. Free wifi would make the hostel even better. No real common area to meet other travelers, but you can meet some in the dorm room. good value for money, would prob stay there again next time I'm in London :)


71%

This hostel is a good deal for what you pay for. Bed, warm shower, breakfast. It's not a luxury hotel so you shouldn't expect that. I came in with low expectations and was satisfied. It's right near Hyde Park and the bus stop so while it's a bit west of Piccadilly square, it's not hard to get anywhere.


63%

We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed room in advance. Once we arrived they told us, that someone did a mistake and now we had to sleep in a 8 bed room. This room was so packed with people, stinking and facing the main street that we could barely sleep that night. In both rooms and bathrooms that I slept in no hooks for clothes existed!

  • 7th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Germany
  • Female, 25-30
  • (1 review)


37%

Worse ever hostel I had stayed

  • 7th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Malaysia
  • Mixed Group, 25-30
  • (1 review)


83%

Very Pleasant and efficient ladies on the desk, comfortable beds and nice to have toilets en suit.

  • 6th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • South Africa
  • Male, 25-30
  • (1 review)


80%

Sejour trés agréable dans l'ensemble. Personnel accueillant et disponible, emplacement idéal (3 lignes de metro !), central et situé à deux pas du quartier branché de Notting Hill. Cependant j'émettrai deux réserves: l'etat des douches est catastrophique (soit glacée soit brulante presque dangereux) et les casiers pour mettre ses affaires à l'abri comme c'était indiqué dans la description étaitent cassés ! La salle à manger au sous-sol n'est vraiment pas accueuillante...

  • 6th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 18-24
  • (1 review)


74%

Location is great, Massive park right across the road to relax. Value for money is good, need to pay for wifi, average continental breakfast.


77%

The Royal Bayswater Hostel est une très bonne adresse d'auberge de jeunesse à Londres. Les lits, les chambres et les salles de bain sont propres et l'accueil y est chaleureux ! Seul petit bémol le petit déjeuner qui est compris dans le prix est vraiment mauvais... Mon jus d'orange et même mon thé étaient imbuvables ! Mais ce n'est finalement qu'un détails car l'adresse est très bien !

  • 5th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 18-24
  • (1 review)


69%

Jammer dat de Wifi niet gratis is. Zeer vriendelijk en behulpzaam personeel. Helaas werd ons op de laatste dag pas verteld dat er een keuken voor ons tot onze beschikking was. Goede ligging naast de metro

  • 5th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Netherlands
  • All Female Group, 18-24
  • (1 review)


60%

chambre vraiment très petite pour 6 personnes, pas de possibilité d’aérer, donc très vite il fessait étouffant, en plus on a eu quelques cafards, en tout as des bêtes qui leur ressemblaient fort.

  • 3rd Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Belgium
  • Mixed Group, 18-24
  • (1 review)


71%

I like there, but don't have free wi-fi, you need to pay for that.


74%

Nice room was just ruined with the people that were in them getting us up at 5 each morning. Kitchen was okay and had a working oven as well as hobos. Excellent location operate Hyde park and around the corner from a tube station.


60%

No wifi :(

  • 1st Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Australia
  • Female, 18-24
  • (1 review)


34%

I had BLOOD on my sheets!!! When I complained to reception the person said " I don't know if it's blood - I'm not a forensic scientist !!" Clearly they don't change the sheets between guests. It was disgusting. Really dirty place. Wifi sucked. DONT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

  • 29th Jun 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Australia
  • Male, 18-24
  • (1 review)


83%

nous avons été très bien accueillis et avons trouvé une aide adaptée à nos besoins ( nous avions fait des erreurs lors de la réservation ) l'auberge est idéalement située

  • 26th Jun 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 41+
  • (1 review)


« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(150 results)


View all London Hostels

Please give us your feedback