The Schoolhouse Reviews

400 Route de L'Ecole, Chamonix, France

I actually ended up not staying here at the last minute-- but the reason may be important. We got to the city centre, and then realized that this hostel was a couple miles outside of the city, and the only way to reach it is by a bus that runs every hour (sometimes every half hour?). We didn't have a car, and we wanted to stay in the actual city, so for anyone who wants to stay in the more usual city part (which is really beautiful) and does not have a car, this would not be the best option.

The school house has a very relaxed environment, cool people and amazing views. Hilton and Leanne were super accommodating, assisting with my questions & pointing me in the right direction for what ever i needed. The large common area makes it easy to meet the other travellers and the smaller upstairs room / outside area is perfect when you want some quiet time. Kitchen, Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean. I would come back & defiantly recommend staying here for your time in Chamonix.

• 10th Jun 2015

My partner and I had a wonderful time at the SchoolHouse, the wooden house is beautiful and the room offered an amazing view on the mountains. Peaceful, quiet, pretty and homely! The house is a big out of town but if you are expected slow holiday and nature discovering this place is perfect! Hilton was lovely and helpful with trips and lifts, however, I noticed that Leanne was cold and not very communicative with the people staying there.

The Schoolhouse is a beautiful and very idyllic place. I definitely recommend it. The owners are friendly as are the two dogs. Everything was clean and had personal touches. It's such good value for money and I had two lovely nights sleep there with a view looking out onto Mont Blanc. I definitely recommend this hostel. 100%

• 10th May 2015

In winter Its a little awkward without a car. the local free bus, can be time consuming. 60% of the lights didn't work and the hostel door was left open most of the day. The organisation for payment was sketchy at best. BUT YOU SHOULD IGNORE ALL OF THIS. The couple that run the hostel are fantastic, the atmosphere, decore and whole experience here is FANTASTIC. I was injured during our stay and the guys were so helpful. Indie and Keith (dogs) are a joy, and you are made SO welcome. 10/10!!

• 26th Mar 2015

Leanne and Hilton were excellent hosts. The included breakfast in the winter is far above any other included breakfast I've had at a hotel/hostel in Europe. Great views and trails from the hostel. Plenty of on site parking.

• 8th Mar 2015

Awesome place to stay. Hilton and Leanne's hospitality was great. Thoroughly enjoyed coming back to the hostel to relax after days on the slopes. Would definitely stay again and recommend the place to others.

• 16th Jan 2015