The Secret Garden Cotopaxi Reviews

Via El Pedregal, Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador

The absolute best hostel in South America. The price is expensive, but it is beyond worth it. The staff is incredible and the experience is one in a million. We were so sad leaving! Such a cozy and comfortable environment. Makes you feel at home right away!

I enjoyed spending a few days at Secret Garden Cotopaxi. The staff is very nice, the food is very yummy. I didn't have a chance to do any activities because the volcano erupted. It s a great place to meet travelers and exchanged our story. I will definitively recommend staying at Secret Garden. Victor and others will make you feel welcome. One suggestion will be to serve local food rather than western foods...

Fantastic stay, location is amazing overlooking Cotopaxi. Rooms are very comfortable. Food was ok, could have been a little bit better but this was the only downside. Overall well worth a visit for 2-3 nights.

The food, staff, and atmosphere at the hostel were brilliant. The activities that could be booked through the hostel were also good, especially the horse riding. The mountain biking from the glacier was not great because the bikes were old and in poor condition (but the walk itself was worth doing). Overall a great experience and worth the money. Thanks!

• 4th Aug 2015

OMG. Best hostel ever in my 3 months in South America so far. I didn't want to leave. Victor and Craig are running a smooth-sailing ship. The staff, the views, the food are incredible! All the meals and snacks are amazing. I was sick and spent two days laying in a hammock, watching Cotopaxi, and it was so nice to relax after doing hikes for two days before that. The room is very comfy - there's a fire going at night for warmth. I can't say enough nice things. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Great little treat in the middle of nowhere, amazing views of cotapaxi (when it is not behind the clouds!) A little overpriced but I would recommend to anyone who wants to escape into the countryside for a few days! However a little disappointing that the return service to Quito is more expensive than the outward - doesn't really make sense!

This place is so idyllic and beautiful. What an amazing place to relax after a wild time in Quito. The food is delicious, the staff are so so kind and they work so hard and I really appreciated that. Make sure to bring lots of warm clothes here! I only stayed for two days, but I could have stayed a few more, what with all of the doggy snuggles and cake! The horseback riding was the BEST!

Best hostel I have stayed in South America! Eco hostel with amazing views, the staff are so friendly and run the place with a laid back attitude but take care of everything you need. Day trips are well planned and offer a range of activities. Food is amazing as well! Such a unique place, you would be crazy to miss out on this place if you love the out doors.

The hostel is wonderful & in an amazing setting. The only staff I met were volunteers. They were nice but they also started drinking around 5:00 with the guests and one even smoked pot as he cooked our dinner. My issue is that if anything were to happen, I'm not sure what sort of shape they would be in. Locks on the cabin doors would be nice - you never know.

Absolutely amazing!!!! So much better than the Quito secret garden, but they are very different hostels! Although $40 a night, it is very good value for money. The staff are all lovely, not cocky at all like some of the other reviews say! Beds and so comfy and they have lovely dogs! Free banana cake and bananas all day, and the food is so nice. Would 100% recommend staying here!!!

Worth a stay for it´s for its beautiful surrounding landscape. Lodgings were very creative and food was good. Activities and overal price a little expensive...But 100% worth a booking....

Secret Garden Cotopaxi is the gold standard of hostels. The food served was delicious & good portion sizes. Great views of the area. Clean & spacious rooms. The atmosphere & sense of community was perhaps the best part of our stay here. The staff is super friendly and very helpful with organizing activities and travel plans with everyone staying. They helped us split a taxi to the airport with another couple to significantly reduce the cost.

Great spot but you're really paying for it. The excursions while wonderful are pretty pricey and it really adds up (though meals and snacks are included). The food is very good and it's a really great atmosphere. Drawback is the fact that none of the cabins have locks. Not ideal although we had no issues and heard none.

Thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hostel in Cotopaxi. Everything was as good as any review on here will surely tell you. I loved the idea of having no wifi, meaning more socialising! I found the volunteer staff to be a little obnoxious though at times.

View all Cotopaxi National Park Hostels