The Secret Garden Cotopaxi Reviews

Via El Pedregal, Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador

One of my favourite places I've stayed! Great views of Cotopaxi, good food and snacks (especially the cakes!), lovely staff, amazing jacuzzi, and helpful with organising tours. Yes it is a bit more expensive than you will find in big cities, but for it's remote and special location and for full board it is quite reasonable, and the cheapest close to the National Park. Use the $5 pick up from Secret Garden Quito!

Beautiful location, all meals were included, loved the dogs there. Could have been a bit more description about what the waterfall hike involved eg. climbing across slippery rocks. Also would have loved to have electricity in the dorms. Nonetheless had a great time!!

Easily the best place we have stayed at that has been booked through Hostelworld. The views of the Cotopaxi volcano were amazing. We took so maney photos because the volcano just kept looking better and better as the cloud cleared. It was also great how all the meals were provided. Each night was spent around the indoor fire talking with the guests and playing card games, jenga, etc. The staff were very helpful and organised a cool hike to the volcano's glacier. And the dogs were so cute!!!!

I enjoyed staying here and the scenery is beautiful. There may be too much pressure to sign up for hikes and I feel that the staff doesn't properly describe the difficulty of each - it did feel a little bit like they were just trying to bring in additional money. But overall, the food was good and the showers were nice and hot. And the scenery is absolutely beautiful. I would recommend this for a day or two.

Excellent location and friendly staff. I was a bit disappointed that there was no need to practice my Spanish (as nearly everyone spoke English). Food was good, almost too much provided at some meals, especially for high altitude. Would like to see coca tea as a drink option. Appreciate that gear (including rubber boots) is provided for hikes, etc.

• 19th May 2014

I really loved my time at the Secret Garden Cotopaxi. So great, I stayed longer than planned!

Loved it! Can´t wait to go back.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Awesome location, people, and treks! There is a jacuzzi...and 3 cute dogs.

View all Cotopaxi National Park Hostels