The Secret Garden Hostel Reviews

ul. Skawinska 7, Krakow, Poland

The Secret Garden Hostel was recommended to me by a friend of a friend and I would stay again in a heart beat. As somebody who isn't really after partying or sharing with 19 year olds this was the perfect place to stay at. The hostel is hidden away in the Kasimierz area of Kraków but the old town is either easily accessible on foot or via the tram.

• 27th Jul 2015

More like a very cheap hotel than a hostel! I would definitely recommend if you want privacy but probably not a place to meet other travellers. Phenomenal value for money in terms of it was very nice well decorated and a good place to sleep - way better than an actual budget hotel. Spacious rooms and nice showers!

Nice location near the center, extremely friendly

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Austria

It was realy great! Just 5 min from the Center, two tramstop, 10min walking, great place. Breakfast is very good!

very hard bed

• 1st May 2014
  • Ukraine

Nice hostel situated in a very cozy part of Krakow, close to public transit. Calm and quiet, at least at the time we were there. Friendly staff and good tips for things to do in the neighbourhood. Not very "food-y" breakfast; mostly white bread and sugar, but, hey, it's included!

We stayed in the apartment, which was very large and spacious. The hostel is not located far from the river which is great place to stroll and 5mins from the castle. It is a further 10min walk from there to the main square but it is a nice walk. The area feels very safe and the staff are very friendly and the reception offers a lot of advice on what there is to do. Would definitely recommend the Secret Garden Hostel!!

• 7th Apr 2014

Very good value for money. Good location and the place seemed very clean. Staff weren't particularly helpful but for the price couldn't really complain... One thing though, this place has a very acute bed bug problem!!!! I was completely covered in bites.

Everything was pretty ok, hard to complain, clean, calm, good location. But the internet connection even though was available was very very miserable.

I've stayed here three times now and I know I'll stay again when I'm next in Krakow. Rooms are light and airy and tastefully decorated, staff are friendly and very helpful and the breakfast is always good. The location's not excellent, but it's still only 15 mins walk to the station and about the same to Rynek.

We stayed in one of the apartments and it was lovely, for the price we were expecting alot less. When i come to Krakow again i will certainly be staying here.

EVERYTHIN OK, AS ALWAYS

We stayed in the apartment (33b) and it was very nice, like having your own place there! The location was good for us, the area was nice and quiet and a short walk away from where we wanted to go (Kazimierz, Wawel castle, the riverside and the Old Town). The apartment does not include breakfast but it can be bought for a good price and there are also places nearby to buy something. The apartment is fully equipped, incl. kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine... Highly recommended! :)

• 30th Aug 2013

was a pleasure to stay here and will hopefully book a trip back in the near future

Overall great stay. Location is not the best for old town, but there are some great restaurants close by. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. The whole place was clean and well kept. Definitely recommend this place.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. When we arrived the receptionist explained that there was a loud group in the main hostel, and asked if we'd like to switch our private 2 bed room we had booked to an apartment they also had just down the street. The noise wouldn't have bothered us but we took it and the apartment was simple and cosy. Other pros: continental breakfast included, they can arrange tour bookings and airport shuttles, and wi-fi in rooms. Highly recommend!

Average hostel, friendly helpful staff, quite a walk to the main square, but very close to Kazimiertz, good value for money

• 5th Oct 2012
  • Ukraine

The hostel is a short walk to the Old Town, where you'll probably spend most of your time. It's on a quiet street, so no noise problems. I booked a private room, and they gave me a whole dorm room to myself. The room was nice, and so were the staff. If you're looking for a happening hostel to booze up in, this isn't it. If you're looking for a nice place to relax after a day's walking, then this is it.

This was one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. It was so clean and the staff was really helpful and friendly. I stayed in the family room with three friends and it was perfect.

Very clean, tidy, comfy and affordable hostel. Very easy going and obliging staff. Bike renting service very cheap, easy and useful (best way to see Krakow). I would definitely recommand this place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7