The Secret Garden Hostel

Superb 231 Total Reviews
Superb 231 Total Reviews

5th Aug 2017

Although a good 30 minute walk from the old town, the hostel sits in the charming center of the Jewish quarter, near many great restaurants and bars. We stayed in a quaint 3-person private room, which got quite hot on warm days, and had a window beside a set of garbage bins, leaving a pretty intense smell if left open. Otherwise, the room and facilities were very clean, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Definitely a quieter place to stay, better for those not looking to socialize.

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017

Absolutely one of the best hostels out there.. a slight walk into old town but an absolute gem of a hostel. Could not fault it, very clean and tidy, very secure and just amazing!! Would highly recommend

• Wales, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Our group of ten was accommodated in pairs, in five rooms. All five rooms were spacious and clean, with comfortable beds and nice showers! The kitchen facilities were again very clean and we made use of them. A cheap breakfast was available, and was pleasant. My whole group would highly recommend, and have no complaints! Thank you to the very helpful staff :)

• piotrwittchen
  • Poland, Male, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017

My room was clean, quiet & elegant. I had everything I needed. There was a bed, couch, private toilet with fresh towels. The staff was very nice and helpful. I also had free WiFi access, free coffee & tea. There's very nice climatic garden in the front of the hostel with a few tables and chairs. For additional 15 PLN, I had simple breakfast. I could store my luggage in the hostel for a few hours after checking out. I would recommend that place.

• England, Couple, 31-40
16th Jun 2017

The hostel is located in Kazimierz district, and walking around there was loads of really good restaurants and cafes. It's a quick walk to the main Jewish Quarter in Kazimierz and about a half hour walk into Old Town/Kraków Główny station (we walked everywhere!). The room was super clean and we saw staff cleaning the communal areas regularly. Our room was large and actually consisted of three separate areas, plus a bathroom. The 24/7 reception was also handy. Would definitely recommmend!

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Jun 2017
7.7

We stayed here for a few nights during our trip to Krakow. The hostel was nice and clean, bathrooms especially were clean. On the whole it was alright, however wouldn't recommend it to younger travellers as it is quite quiet, think we saw three people our entire stay and not much opportunity for meeting other travellers. Depends what you're looking for I guess.

15th May 2017

Very nice staff, close to Jewish Quarter, and very clean. Would highly recommend!

20th Apr 2017

This hostel was easily one of the best that I have ever stayed at. The entire hostel was clean and kept up to date. There were clean towels waiting for us on our bed when we entered the room, the bed/sheets were fresh and clean, and the pillows were AMAZING (big plus for me, as my neck usually suffers after a few nights in a hostel bed). The shared bathroom was spotless for our entire stay. Last but not least, the workers were friendly, welcoming, and overall fantastic people.

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly speaking different languages. Clean modern kitchen with 24 hour free access to tea and coffee. For 15pln have breakfast - cereals, juice, breads, cheese and ham. Comfortable beds, lovely rooms and good showers! TV room for relaxing - bring a DVD to watch or read one of the hundreds of books. Security is good with a key card operated front gate and keys for rooms. 15-20 min walk from the old town and 5 mins walk from the Jewish Quarter. Great stay !!

6th Apr 2017

All of the staff were very courteous, and happy to help me book various things around Krakow.