The Secret Garden Quito Reviews

Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas, Quito, Ecuador

Such a fun atnosphere. If you are looking for people to travel/hang/party with, you will find it. The terrace is bth fun ad beautiful!

• 24th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel with nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, amazing view on the terrace.free water, coffe and tea all day. maybe a computer for guests without a fancy phone would be nice.

I really enjoyed my stay at the The Secret Garden, though the staff was a little more standoffish than some of the other places I stayed during my trip. They weren't able to tell me when there were protests, or even where to go for a decent lunch. When I asked for a recommendation, I simply got the standard "Just walk down the street and find something." Sometimes during the day it is hard to find someone at reception.

Great hostel! Just be awared: the showers are always cold, doesn't matter what they say, it is.

Wi fi only worked in the living room and kept lagging. The rooms were clean. it seems like some part of the staff was really nice and some were useless. The atmosphere is not good because the terrace closes at 11 and you can only be in your bed after 11. I stayed at other hostels in Quito that I prefered honestly

Very nice stay, breakfast service a little slow but the hostel was very busy. Good internet and awesome bar area

The view is great. The wifi downstairs is good enough for Facetime. They have food and drink but expensive compared to outside. Cocktails for $3 are great though. There is always people hanging around upstairs on the terrace. The staff were not very knowledgeable about the area and simply directed us to the travel agency which was always closed when we were there. Also, I arrived at 1am and they didn't have my name down or know where my room was even though my friend was already there sleeping!

Beautiful terrace, great location. Awesome in house travel agency. The volunteers working there are just plain rude--to me and to other guests. They seemed very put out at answering any questions, or helping with anything at all. In all, I witnessed a lot of eye rolling and exasperated sighs from the staff. Guests are made to feel stupid or unwanted when they are unfamiliar with how this particular hotel operates.

• 7th Aug 2015

We had a really great stay at secret garden hostel. Good atmosphere, spectacular view,tour agency in the basement is a plus. Good food, lockers with plugs, amazing house. Only thing we missed was an explanation about how the food order and list system works because it's a bit special. Would def.come back!

I have two recommendations for improvement. 1. Our reservation was "lost." I strongly suggest that you improve either your reservations software or your staff training so that reservations are consistently kept in an organized manner. 2. How to enter the hostel when the front door is locked at night was very confusing. There was both a doorbell, and an intercom system, and we used both but had to wait outside 15 minutes to get in. Please post a sign that explains how to enter at night.

• 5th Aug 2015

Loved our stay at The Secret Garden Quito! Amazing location, great atmosphere and clean rooms.

• 5th Aug 2015

This was pretty disappointing based on all that I heard about the place. The layout was cool, and the atmosphere really social, but it´s not very inclined to be helpful for backpackers (no kitchen, no computers, volunteers who are nice but are quite unhelpful with information about the town or about the Cotopaxi hostel). It was nice, but I´d try somewhere else next time. View from the terrace pretty incredible though.

Lives up to its rep. Great use of a quirky building, fab views and good vibes. Showers are pretty poor and deserve investment but otherwise a great base in Ecuador.

The showers were cold throughout my stay and I had a pillow and bra stolen during the stay. The view was amazing and the food was good and at a good price. I felt relatively safe inside the hostel but not safe to explore around the hostel. The area is not safe and a couple people got mugged right outside of the hostel during my stay. I wish the wifi would stay on later. It's fine to have no wifi in the bar area but the wifi turned off at 11 pm throughout the hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2015

There was such a family atmosphere in the secret garden I instantly felt at home, the view for the bar is amazing and the staff so kind and helpful. Couldn't recommend this place more to people, best I have ever been looked after in a hostel!

The staff are all hungover volunteers and the manager is never around to talk to. I had to remind the staff a few times every time I ordered something. The best thing about this place is the view and they seem to think that they can charge anything for that but the most important thing about any hostel is service and this place has absolutely awful service. Can get better service elsewhere for a lower price and if you are that desperate to see the view then go there for a drink. Disappointing.

A nice place with a good thing going on! A little too pricey due to what you get!

Cold showers 80% of the time. Unhelpful staff, woken up at 4am in the morning because the staff were to lazy to go back down for a key, when letting someone into the dorm. Very overrated hostel in general. On the positive side very social and a good atmosphere created by other travellers. Wouldn't recommend, must be better places to stay in Quito!

This hostel isn't without issues, but I would (and did) come back. Pros: The view from the terrace is amazing! Family style dinners and a great variety of breakfast foods cooked to order. Travel agency downstairs. Cons: Terrible showers - despite what the signs claim, you get either hot water or good pressure. Never both. Terrace and all common areas close at 11 pm. Staff is friendly but don't suggest things to do in the city.

great views from the roof top.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5