• Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas, Quito, Ecuador

8.8
Fabulous 1,659 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1,659 Total Reviews
The Secret Garden Quito Located at Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas, Quito.
Ecuador
Quito Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas
88% 1659
-0.2190285 -78.5046099
    Rooms available

• LuckyNites
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
21st Aug 2016

Excellent hostel, really wrll maintained and clean, super staff and great rooftop bar for breakfast and beers in the evenings.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2016

I think you pretty much just have to stay here if you're backpacking Quito. You can't beat Old Town to stay in, and with a place as social as this (with travel agency down the bottom, meaning lots of tours leave from here anyway) you're bound to meet people to hang out with in Quito and even beyond. Despite its reputation, it's quiet by 11pm. The free luggage storage is amazing, meaning I could leave my main bag during my trips to the Amazon and Galapagos. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

So clean! Great view on rooftop!

• USA, Male, 31-40
6th Aug 2016

Incredible view of Quito from the large rooftop terrace they have. The staff was friendly and went the extra mile to show guests a good time. They serve two meals a day at reasonable prices. The hostel is best for young travelers. I recommend taking the Spanish classes especially for those just starting their travels in South America.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

The Secret Garden was a magical place! The atmosphere was fantastic, especially in the evenings. The room was clean and nice. Unfortunately our private room was only accessible through a dorm and when the other people from the dorm locked the dorm door, we weren't able to get in without asking a member of staff for help. But otherwise it was a fantastic hostel and would highly recommend it!

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th Jul 2016

Really good for going solo because of the friendly atmosphere. The travel agency downstairs was so useful, really great for setting up your trip.

• England, Male, 41+
29th Jul 2016

Staff incredibly helpful. They helped me find my luggage that hadn't arrived and contact my volunteering organisation. Excellent service.

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

I absolutely loved the few days I spent here. Staff is incredibly friendly, the terrace views are second to none, and it's a wonderfully fun atmosphere. Nightly dinners are quite good and reasonably priced, and a nice filling breakfast is included. Definitely bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, even if you're in a private room. Overall, I'd definitely recommend and will stay here again next time I'm in Quito.

• USA, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2016
7.7

We paid extra for a "private" room. We got the room at the bottom of the stairs, with a single flimsy door. As a result we were kept up late by the booming music from upstairs, people going up and down the stairs, and they wouldn't allow us to turn off the outside light shining into our room. We were then woken up early by the staff cleaning and people going up and down the stairs. Needless to say we slept very poorly. A great place to party and socialize, but not to rest.

25th Jul 2016

We have stayed at Secret Garden Quito twice now. We have enjoyed our stay both times. It is a very social hostal so if you want a quite stay make sure to get a private room. The roof top view is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is exceptional, especially the voluteers. I would definitely recommend staying here and definitely go to Secret Garden Cotopaxi. That was the highlight of our trip in Ecuador.