The Secret Garden Quito Reviews

Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas, Quito, Ecuador

View from upstairs is awesome! Pretty cool hostel, with so many interesting aspects to it. Great tours and information, other people from other hostels were coming to ours because of the customer service etc. in terms of tours and information. A comfortable room and nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

i think that it's a good option to stay in Quito, but the neighborhood is a little insecure at night. Not a party hostel, Also the options at the bar are very poor, they shlud definitely improve that and put prices on the things because you never know how much are you spending until the checkout. Besides that it's good.

Staff were absolutely amazing.

The hostel was great!! But please fire the guy behind the reception! He has never heard of beeing customer friendly.

We had a couple of occasions where staff were rude and really unhelpful to our questions. However on other occasions these same staff were fine, so ill asume I caught them at a bad time. Our room was very noisy very early in the morning. The view from the bar is amazing and there is security during the night. All in all not a bad place.

Nice place! One member of staff on arrival was really friendly and helpful...but the other guy was really grumpy and not so helpful. Sweet room with a shared bathroom, shower was cold but found another one which was lively and warm :) Fantastic communal roof terrace! Great view over Quito...woul stay there again.

• 27th Dec 2013

The security of the building itself was quite good, however, the locked baggage storage was quite poor. Because no one was making sure people were grabbing their own bag (and no extras), my husbands bag was taken and subsequently lost/stolen because a group of people started throwing luggage into cabs to go to the airport without making people go in one at a time to get their own bag (no ticket system). Our previous stay was fantastic, but this incident left us with a very bitter feeling.

• 17th Dec 2013

No laundry service on weekends

• 6th Dec 2013

Terrible staff upon arival claimed that my money was counterfeit, I explained that the money came from an american cash point and if they wished to check my passport they could, they then proceeded to make a phone call to a manager who told them to use a UV pen, which they could have done straight away, surprise surprise the money was authentic. From this point the staff were rude, and clearly had a problem with me. Zero atmosphere, left the next morning

• 29th Nov 2013

I love, Love, LOVE the place and the location, however, the online booking system is not very well explained to the single traveler. It says one room night around $16, but you cannot book for one person in a private room. There is only an option for two people and both times I've stayed there, this has been an issue. Otherwise, it's a great experience there. Thank you.

• 25th Nov 2013

I didn't feel like in a hostel, where you normally meet a lot of other travellers

I strongly recommend this hostel. You will feel like your are in a hotel. You can consume and pay only when checking out. All room is clean twice a day. Location perfect. One of the best hostel I have ever been. Congratulation. Keep up the good job.

Out of all the hostels on 3 continents I've stayed in, Secret Garden was the best. Rooms were clean, plenty of hot water, extremely helpful staff who spoke fluent English, free WIFI . . . it was an all around great experience. The one thought I would add is that the reviews I read that mentioned there were a lot of stairs were not exaggerating! So, if lots of stairs are a problem for you, it may not be the place for you. However, it won't stop me from staying there again. I loved the place!

• 11th Nov 2013

Stunning view, nice atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. Some rooms are quite dark and the electric hot showers aren't good so go for the gas heatened ones.

Loved it! Thanks guys! Better showers would make it absolutely perfect. Alex xx

• 2nd Nov 2013

Had a great time here, met lots of lovely people. I had a twin room that was off one of the dorms, so not really completely private, wouldn't recommend that room, as you have to walk through the dorm room to the bathroom and the walls are very thin, you hear everything. Should be at least a bit cheaper than the other private twins. The view on the terrace rocks, so does the dinner! The tour agency downstairs is amazing, I booked some great tours!!

1 2 Next » last »