The Secret Garden Quito Reviews

Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas, Quito, Ecuador

Plenty of fun hang out areas. Nice helpful staff but terrible showers!

Loved it! Good location between Old Town and Mariscal and in walking distance to both. Although it´s not close to nightlife there is a laundrette and internet cafe and some inexpensive restaurants on the road and bars and clubs are only a short taxi ride away. Breakfast is good (at the extra cost of $2.50) and if you opt in for dinner before 10am you get a free drink! The staff are extremely helpful and speak good English. Best thing about this place though is the sociable rooftop terrace!

• 6th Jul 2014

Fantastic atmosphere and great place to meet people. Clean, secure and friendly. Roof top terrace is good but closes really early. On one night I was ordered to go to bed by the security guard at 11.30pm, an order that I obviously didn't follow as he wasn't my father and I wasn't a child! As is often the case with hostels the volunteers that work there are awesome and some of the paid staff are moody and uninterested. All up though a great hostel and a good place to hang out for a few days.

• 4th Jul 2014

This was the most expensive hostel we stayed at during our trip in Ecuador, but I think that's just because it's Quito. Breakfast was delicious and cheap.

I can hardly describe how awesome Secret Garden is. The owners let us lock our stuff up here during our jungle excursion, we went out on the town with the staff, and many memories were made on the rooftop.

• 26th Jun 2014

While the location was prime and atmosphere was good because of the travellers that were staying at the hostel, I was very disappointed with the staff. The checkout staff, because we booked the hostel for 3 guests, put EVERYTHING on one bill after we asked for everything to be split, and I had to go through 10 pages of 3 days of meals, drinks and activities in order to sort out who owed who. This shouldn't be the guests responsibility, and it took over 45 minutes to sort this out, with no help.

Great hostel! Very easy to meet people

Absolutely amazing! The facilities are incredible and it has a really safe and friendly atmosphere to it. Great place to meet people from all over the world and also it provides many different excursion opportunities around Quito. Really can't rate it highly enough.

• 18th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the secret garden. The food was excellent and the views from the rooftop were worth staying here alone. The bathrooms and beds were clean but it was rather noisy at night. I think this also depends on who is staying at the hostel. The staff was really friendly and great about calling cabs. My friends and I had a great time here!

• 13th Jun 2014

Brilliant hostel. Loved the bar and the food that was available, both in the morning for breakfast and at night. It probably had the best breakfast menu of any hostel we have stayed at. It was lovely to go to the bar on the top floor after a day of sightseeing and relax with a beer by the small fire. Great atmosphere and the staff were very helpful.

the staff were not very friendly. Unlike other hostels I have stayed at, there was no warm comforting environment. When i arrived my luggage was lost and I was freezing and they had me wait hours for a room with no condolesence. When i ordered the veggie dinner they told Me they ran out and gave me the meat option and also ran out of salad. the free coffee

• 1st Jun 2014

We only stayed here one night, got in late and left quite early. When we got there, I think the night guard was sleeping, because it took some time before he opened the door. Not what you want when you are in a new town in the middle of the night, tired after a flight. When he filly opened, he seemed unhappy and not very friendly. The room, however, was nice! Clean and cosy. We stayed in a private room. The atmosphere in the hostel is good, I could easily stayed here for a day or two more.

The rooftop terrace overlooking the city is incredible!

• 30th May 2014

Nice hostel, beautiful view of the city. Didn't spent much time there so didn't experience much from the hostel, but the staff was friendly and it was easy to meet people.

Hostel Wasn't that good ..... But pretty social place .....

1 2 3 Next » last »