The Secret Garden Quito Reviews

Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios, Sector San Blas, Quito, Ecuador

Superb atmosphere, great bar with an unbeatabloe view over Quito's Centro Historico, a great place to meet fellow travellers. However the facilities are slightly lacking and the bathrooms leave a little to be desired. The showers for example are only electrically heated, so the water is only hot when the pressure is on very low. So a good hot shower is all but uinobtainable! $3 a beer at the bar... and no meals are included. Though the $1 pancakes for breakfast are great!

nice hostel, great roof top terrace. would stay there again, good place to meet people

Stayed in a twin private with the loudest floors in the world! Also, lucky taxi's are cheap to tourist section as this hostel isn't close to much.

Great folks and the reception was great- mil gracias y seguro estaré de vuelta.

• 13th Jul 2013

Clean, safe and well located. Great bar that has a really good view

In a really nice area in Quito, near the old town and the bar area of la ronda, clean rooms, friendly staff-useful travel agents downstairs. Roof-top bar had beautiful views of the city, pleasant place to stay

In a great location and fantastic rooftop terrace. They do dinners every evening which are a great way to meet other guests. It's more on the expensive side than other hostels in Quito but worth it for the sociable atmosphere. Travel agent downstairs is great as well.

Not quite sure I liked the location. I thought there would be more restaurants and things to do closer to the hostel. The hostel rooftop restaurant and bar was closed as well as the laundry service- had those been available, my stay would have been more enjoyable I'm sure.

Nice hostel in a nice area with a lovely view from the rooftop. All the facilities were very clean. The only downside was that it's quite pricey.

Overpriced. Sketchy wifi (at best). No kitchen/cooking facilities or brekky. Good atmosphere with good common areas, hot water

• 28th Jun 2013

The roofdeck views make this place the perfect place to stay. I arrived at 3am & woke the next morning to the most spectacular views!!

This hostel is one of the best I have stayed in around the world! The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable, the rooms are a good size and everything is very clean. We also stayed at their sister property in Cotopaxi and cannot recommend it highly enough, it was a highlight of our 3 months in South America. The breakfast and dinners are great value and really tasty. Will definitely stay here again if im in Quito!

The beds had bugs in them. they bit me and didnt let me sleep. i had to sleep over the sheets and with my clothes on. They also charged me more than what it apears in the reservation.

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

Great hostel if a little pricey. Terrace bar has great views and is very sociable. Floor boards in the rooms are VERY noisy though!!

I stayed here for a week and it was awesome. It's a little more expensive than some places but the staff are really friendly and helpful (their $1 pancakes in the morning are great!) the terrace has a great view and it's a really good place to meet people. The place was always really clean and the laundry service is super cheap and quick. Only issue I had was that I was supposed to get an airport transfer which never turned up (flights were a little delayed) so I had to find my own taxi at 1am!

Good hostel, nice people. However, the water pressure on the top floor is really low, if one wants hot water using the electric showers. The room tend to get quite cold at night. There is no common room or any place to hang out with other guest past 11pm available (they literally turn of the lights and kick you out at that time). The view from the roof top is amazing.

The rooftop terrace was very nice, and the rooms were clean. The price seemed a bit expensive, but the travel agency downstairs was convenient and informative.

I had a private room with a shared bathroom. The shower has an attached electric heater that did not work, so no hot water. The staff member I told, in Spanish, did not really care about the problem. So, the other shower had a bit of a line to get in. It's an easy location to get to on the Ecovia from Quitumbre or Riococa, and from there to other sites around the city. I'll probably go back just for this reason, and because there were no bed bugs and a beautiful view from the roof restaurant.

• 9th Jun 2013

This maze-like hostel carries sound like you wouldn't believe. WiFi is only in two areas, and you are banned from those areas from 11PM -7AM. I was silently booking a plane ticket at 10:50PM, and I was kicked out of the WiFi zone and lights were turned out. Yet at 2:00AM, partners are throwing up and screaming from the same area. Frustrating. I did appreciate the day tours.

Hostel Staff just sat around all day not doing much at all. Turned on music to Cafe very early which is right next to dorms. even when there was no one in cafe. No Kitchen or facitilites to wash clothes either.

Hi the staff is there to assist guests, this is why they are always present on the terrace, just to assist the guests. On mornings, we put soft music from 08.00. We have no communal kitchen and nowhere we advertise that. We have a laundry service. Please read the conditions and amities of an hostel before you book. Thanks Florian