The Sentient SF Reviews

179 Julian Avenue, San Francisco, California, USA

The worst hostel I've stayed EVER! I strongly DO NOT recommend. Dirty, all the facilities broken, and the staff is really rude. I needed to wait foe 3 hours on the street with my luggage to wait the caretaker go there and do my check-in. This place should not be listed on Hostelworld because it's completely different from the others they have listed around the world. It's not the same level.

i would say the worst hostel in the world ever...the atmosphere is absolutely horrible such as the staff (wich almost does not exist) the place is dirty and the only friend you can have there is bugs... don't go there for any reason

• 17th Aug 2013

The hostel is good, the room where I stayed was clean. However, do not expect housekeeping, because there is not. The only thing I got really sad about was the bathrooms, they were not so clean, and I am including the ones for shower and for necessities. In addition, the one in the first floor was not working, so you were supposed to always go to the second floor to take a shower.

Receiption is very often closed. I waited 2 hours to check in. I had one window in my room...broken. I told the boss the first day and after 6 days anyone come to check the problem we had 3 up to 4 showers broken.

I Luis May 24 juillet 2013 14:12 Jacques Caouette 31 juillet 2013 23:53 À : Robert Lemaire Répondre | Répondre à tous | Transférer | Imprimer | Supprimer | Afficher l'original - Masquer le texte des messages précédents - ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Luis May Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:12:28 -0700 Subject: Re: confirmation / reservation / To: Jacques Caouette

• 24th Jul 2013

Good people , good room !

• 21st Jul 2013

Very cool place to stay. Was it clean? No. Was it safe? Probably not. Did I have a good time? Very. The hotel is situated in the coolest part of San Francisco: The Mission. Very nice restaurants, book shops, coffee shops, everything. Street art everywhere. I loved it. The place is right in between Valencia Av. and Mission Street, the life blood of the neighboorhood. Cross streets like 16th and 23rd offer a wide variety of shops, diners and so on, you must visit. Loved it. Nice staff too!

This hostel is not located in the best part of town.. there is not much to do in the Mission District, and it's one of the slummier neighborhoods in SF. There is a BART station very close to the hostel, so you can use that to get to more fun areas. As far as the hostel itself, the room I stayed in was fairly dirty with exception to the bed which had new mattresses. The towel I was given was very damp, so I purchased my own. There are much better, and cleaner hostels in SF

• 9th Aug 2012

didn't have a room for me on arrival. Got moved to another hostel, Dirty room, bad location, trouble regarding payment, only positive was that i wasn't bothered and had my room to myself.

• 7th Aug 2012

Hello, I booked a hostel couple weeks ago (see below) and prepaid for it like $39. Dates are 4th-11th of August. I arrived at Saturday at 1am on the 4th of august and the Hostel was closed. So I had to go to different place. The question is - if I can get a refund? Sincerely, Kseniya Ikonnikova

it was not possible to check-in when I arrived, so had to find another place to stay

View all San Francisco Hotels