The Shiralee Hostel Reviews

107 Brisbane Street Northbridge, Perth, Australia

The guy who checked me in - when he was available - gave me wrong information on a few things and his way of communicating was unpleasant and too aggressive. I also do not appreciate being called "sweetie" and "honey" continuously by a random dude I don't know. I was placed in a room with two long term guests, sorry guys, you were nice enough but the room stank. The lockers are a joke; two out of four no longer had a lock as it was super easy to break off. The bathrooms are nice, location good.

reception staff over the day is unreliable and most of the time not helpful, even when really nescessary. a borderline experience. night management is okay and lets you sleep and see a clean kitchen and terace next morning. why does the vacuum cleaning start 6 or 7o clock in the morning? non working travellers ned sleep too ;) not enough lockers. cleanliness should be checked more over the day. you can stay there, nice renovation, but the reception over the day was awful - don't rely on it.

great facilities, incredible unprofessional management. but the day manager, d., is a huge problem. as long as he is in duty, shiralee is not suitable for travellers. worst case: i asked for earlier checkout at 8am to get a ride to the next destination. answer: "reception opens 9am, bro". and the 29th december is a public holiday. plan around our reception times, i want my private time... etc. he is raging around daily and barely at the reception. this is a no go, and so: avoid this hostel!

Amazing hostel, great location, friendly staff, would stay again

Everyone was very welcoming when I arrived, only problem I really has was because I wasn't here to work pretty much everyone here was so It was hard to meet people during the day ! Still overall it was a great hostel !

Good hostel but could be better if staff were actually in reception when it says it is open. Needs more cutlery and plates in the kitchen too and to keep the doors closed at night to stop mosquitos eating you in your sleep

It's a alright place. Tim was nice enough to give us a room that had better occupants.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

No signs on the back door if you arrive late. Very aggressive night manager who has no qualms about coming into your room without knocking. Heard they have mice and had money stolen from my wallet as the rooms dont lock. Still awaiting a refund from the manager. Modern looking hostel in a decent location but lacking any sort of customer service or customer care skills. Reception is rarely manned. Save yourself any hassle and book elsewhere.

They made my wait more than 12 hours to get my room because they "dont know where is the guy who must do the check out to let free my bed". Besides of that, the reception was close almost all the time and you never know who is in charge. Luckily I just stayed there one night