The Shiralee Hostel Reviews

107 Brisbane Street Northbridge, Perth, Australia

great facilities, incredible unprofessional management. but the day manager, d., is a huge problem. as long as he is in duty, shiralee is not suitable for travellers. worst case: i asked for earlier checkout at 8am to get a ride to the next destination. answer: "reception opens 9am, bro". and the 29th december is a public holiday. plan around our reception times, i want my private time... etc. he is raging around daily and barely at the reception. this is a no go, and so: avoid this hostel!

Amazing hostel, great location, friendly staff, would stay again

Everyone was very welcoming when I arrived, only problem I really has was because I wasn't here to work pretty much everyone here was so It was hard to meet people during the day ! Still overall it was a great hostel !

Good hostel but could be better if staff were actually in reception when it says it is open. Needs more cutlery and plates in the kitchen too and to keep the doors closed at night to stop mosquitos eating you in your sleep

It's a alright place. Tim was nice enough to give us a room that had better occupants.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

No signs on the back door if you arrive late. Very aggressive night manager who has no qualms about coming into your room without knocking. Heard they have mice and had money stolen from my wallet as the rooms dont lock. Still awaiting a refund from the manager. Modern looking hostel in a decent location but lacking any sort of customer service or customer care skills. Reception is rarely manned. Save yourself any hassle and book elsewhere.

The staff was really nice and tried to help where they could. The lounge, kitchen and backyard are clean and big enough. Unfortunately, they didn´t have enough dishes and cutlery so I always had to borrow from others. Many of the people there are working but also up for a good night out. They have big lockers in the room and a nice terasse to chill out at. The neighborhood is nice with many nice restaurants and bars just a ten minutes awalk away.

After a good experience at The Shiralee Hostel previously I decided to rebook for my return to Perth. Unfortunately it was fully booked for 2 of the 4 days I needed it, so I had to book somewhere else for the first two nights. The two nights not spent at the Shiralee showed me again what a bad hostel is like and the Shirlee is definately not one of them. Overall The Shiralle is one of the best hostels I have stayed in on my multiple trips to Aus (definately in the top 5, probably in top 3).

• 23rd Jul 2014

Thanks for returning to stay with us Erin, good luck on your travels. The Shiralee

I was suppoused to stay 3 nights and in the end I spent more than a week!! Tim, the owner, is really easy going; toilets are always clean, which is something rare in hostels! It's a cosy, small place, quite and with an amazing atmosphere, perfect to make new friends. Feeling like staying with a big family. 10min walking to all the facilities and pubs, but far enought to avoid the caos. living room is really comfortable and the kitchen is big enought for everyone. I will definitely come back

• 22nd Jul 2014

great to hear sara, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Very good hostel,the staff was friendly and helpful.this is more of a home than a hostel and is not a party hostel.id go back to this hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

thanks kerry, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.. hope to see you soon

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, great atmosphere and a great place to make friends. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jul 2014