The Shiralee Hostel Reviews

107 Brisbane Street Northbridge, Perth, Australia

After a good experience at The Shiralee Hostel previously I decided to rebook for my return to Perth. Unfortunately it was fully booked for 2 of the 4 days I needed it, so I had to book somewhere else for the first two nights. The two nights not spent at the Shiralee showed me again what a bad hostel is like and the Shirlee is definately not one of them. Overall The Shiralle is one of the best hostels I have stayed in on my multiple trips to Aus (definately in the top 5, probably in top 3).

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very good hostel,the staff was friendly and helpful.this is more of a home than a hostel and is not a party hostel.id go back to this hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

thanks kerry, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.. hope to see you soon

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, great atmosphere and a great place to make friends. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jul 2014

Although initially sceptical about booking The Shiralee Hostel, due to its poor score on trip advisor, I decided to give it a shot due to it having some good recent reviews. I am glad I did, this hostel (under the new management) does not deserve the poor rating it has. It's in a convinient place (a few minutes walk from the Art Centre stop on the free Blue Cat bus route). It is clean, has large showers with hot water and provideds 3 hours of free wifi a day (strangely uncommon in Australia).

• 27th Jun 2014

I love this place. The best hostel I have stayed in.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

great to hear Anton, thanks alot and hope to see you back again soon!

Well run family hostel, very good atmosphere, good facilities, clean. Only thing we had issues with was food getting stolen, happened on several occasions. Staff was cleaning very early and was a bit noisy. The hostel itself felt more like a house/home than a hostel so overall very good.

thank you for the nice review! sorry about the rude awakening by our old cleaner, i can assure you we have changed our cleaners to contract professionals that start at a reasonable time in the morning!

There was 15 bags of rubbish out the front of the hostel.Check in was at 1400,no staff on site,had to wait 3 hours,not respond to phone calls,very unhelpful when he did show up.

• 18th Feb 2014

hi allen im sorry you had a bad experience with our hostel, unfortunatly we are unable to check in guests with australian passports as we are an international hostel.. the hostel is now under new management and all of the issues raised were our initial first week teething problems.. thanks for your understanding regards the shiralee

I only stayed one night, but after the dump of a hostel I was at in Margaret River, this was wonderful. Clean, homey, friendly, nice beds, did I mention clean? The two people I shared a room with said they moved out of their previous hostel in Perth as soon as they found this one because it was so much better. And for a great price! I don't know about location, all I needed was a place to sleep before driving to the airport, but seemed there were plenty of eating places around.