The Shiralee Hostel Reviews

107 Brisbane Street Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Everyone was very welcoming when I arrived, only problem I really has was because I wasn't here to work pretty much everyone here was so It was hard to meet people during the day ! Still overall it was a great hostel !

Good hostel but could be better if staff were actually in reception when it says it is open. Needs more cutlery and plates in the kitchen too and to keep the doors closed at night to stop mosquitos eating you in your sleep

It's a alright place. Tim was nice enough to give us a room that had better occupants.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

No signs on the back door if you arrive late. Very aggressive night manager who has no qualms about coming into your room without knocking. Heard they have mice and had money stolen from my wallet as the rooms dont lock. Still awaiting a refund from the manager. Modern looking hostel in a decent location but lacking any sort of customer service or customer care skills. Reception is rarely manned. Save yourself any hassle and book elsewhere.

They made my wait more than 12 hours to get my room because they "dont know where is the guy who must do the check out to let free my bed". Besides of that, the reception was close almost all the time and you never know who is in charge. Luckily I just stayed there one night

After a good experience at The Shiralee Hostel previously I decided to rebook for my return to Perth. Unfortunately it was fully booked for 2 of the 4 days I needed it, so I had to book somewhere else for the first two nights. The two nights not spent at the Shiralee showed me again what a bad hostel is like and the Shirlee is definately not one of them. Overall The Shiralle is one of the best hostels I have stayed in on my multiple trips to Aus (definately in the top 5, probably in top 3).

• 23rd Jul 2014

Thanks for returning to stay with us Erin, good luck on your travels. The Shiralee

I was suppoused to stay 3 nights and in the end I spent more than a week!! Tim, the owner, is really easy going; toilets are always clean, which is something rare in hostels! It's a cosy, small place, quite and with an amazing atmosphere, perfect to make new friends. Feeling like staying with a big family. 10min walking to all the facilities and pubs, but far enought to avoid the caos. living room is really comfortable and the kitchen is big enought for everyone. I will definitely come back

• 22nd Jul 2014

great to hear sara, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Very good hostel,the staff was friendly and helpful.this is more of a home than a hostel and is not a party hostel.id go back to this hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

thanks kerry, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.. hope to see you soon

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, great atmosphere and a great place to make friends. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jul 2014

thanks ashley! glad you enjoyed yourself.. The Shiralee

Although initially sceptical about booking The Shiralee Hostel, due to its poor score on trip advisor, I decided to give it a shot due to it having some good recent reviews. I am glad I did, this hostel (under the new management) does not deserve the poor rating it has. It's in a convinient place (a few minutes walk from the Art Centre stop on the free Blue Cat bus route). It is clean, has large showers with hot water and provideds 3 hours of free wifi a day (strangely uncommon in Australia).

• 27th Jun 2014

thanks erin! we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us..

I love this place. The best hostel I have stayed in.

great to hear Anton, thanks alot and hope to see you back again soon!

Well run family hostel, very good atmosphere, good facilities, clean. Only thing we had issues with was food getting stolen, happened on several occasions. Staff was cleaning very early and was a bit noisy. The hostel itself felt more like a house/home than a hostel so overall very good.

thank you for the nice review! sorry about the rude awakening by our old cleaner, i can assure you we have changed our cleaners to contract professionals that start at a reasonable time in the morning!