The Silk Road Reviews

Dorsoduro 1420/E, Venice, Italy

I had a wonderful stay! Great location (right on the water), awesome staff, and everything was very clean and tidy. Thanks so much!

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff (Alex) was friendly

Alex is the best!

Very nice big and airy room overlooking the water and the other island. Despite the breeze, electric fans are provided. Nice clean and cozy hostel. Locked cabinets are provided. Bathroom is not the communal type. It is like a regular house turned into a hostel. Only 10-beds in all. Very homey. Breakfast is included although selection could be better. A little hard to find from the Santa Lucia train station if you decide to walk instead of taking the vaporetto. Take the vaporetto, if I were you.

We liked how spacious our room was, and we enjoyed the view of the water from our window. We found the Location to be slightly on the edge of town, so it was not the best location. The place is closer to a Hotel than a hostel, so there are not any organized outings in the city to meet people or other guests.

Although it is a bit far away from the main attraction, however, it's nice and quiet. There is a waterbus station next to it which is very convenient to travel to any place in Venice. Alex is really nice and you can watch world cup in living room. There is also a supermarket next door. Very clean and tidy. Strongly recommended! 很不错的!

If I ever come back to Venice, I will make sure to stay there again. Alex and Meghan welcome you like an old friend and they make sure that you get to experience the city like a true Venetian. The B

The couple who run the place were so friendly and helpful. The place was immaculate and breakfast was great. I loved the location as it was close to everything but on the quieter side of the canal so not too noisy.

• 5th Jun 2014

Alex runs a friendly, clean and homely hostel come guesthouse. It's not a party hostel which was fine by us and the rooms are big and light, definitely the biggest four bed dorm we've stayed in. Breakfast was good and the accommodation is next door to a supermarket and water taxi. Would have liked access to the washing machine though. Definitely recommend

The location was great (although difficult to find with the current directions), right on the water, beautiful view, and quite close to St. Mark's Square by water b. Alex, the owner, is just fantastic - he's so helpful and accommodating. The hostel was beautiful too; it felt more like a hotel. Loved the bedding. The breakfast was pretty good, better than I've had in a lot of places - there's bread to toast, a selection of cakes/biscuits, jams, apples, juice and coffee. I would definitely return.

• 13th May 2014

Cozy hostel and nice view of the shore. The price is a little bit high among hostels, but respectively OK in Venice I think. The owner is helpful and the breakfast is nice.

The hostel was very clean. Good location, grocery store next door. The staff was helpful. The beds were comfortable and nit bunk beds, which was a nice change.

Breakfast is perfect. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Perfect location by the size of the grand canal. Alex is helpful. Will stay again when in Venice. Good value for money

Friendly, clean, secure and easy to find. Convenient for water bus connections and major sights. Really pleasant stay, thanks.

Great hostel! Great location and the owner is really worried about you being comfortable, really nice place, complete breakfast and great view!

Alex is a wonderful host. I found him to be helpful and just great fun. The hotel itself is also lovely. The bedroom/ bathroom &kitchen are very clean and the wifi works. The location is good, if I remember currently, its about 20 minutes from St Mark Square. It gets a bit chilly in the evenings, so be sure to bring a cardigan. Overall, its a great place. Alex, if you read this, PLEASE send me the pictures that you took of me and the two american girls back in March.

• 26th Mar 2014