The Silk Road Reviews

Dorsoduro 1420/E, Venice, Veneto, Italy

Friendly, clean, secure and easy to find. Convenient for water bus connections and major sights. Really pleasant stay, thanks.

Great hostel! Great location and the owner is really worried about you being comfortable, really nice place, complete breakfast and great view!

Very warm welcome and always given help with any questions about the city. Conveniently next to water taxi, close walk to main tourist areas, quiet and clean. Beds were comfy, heat and lockers in room. Delicious free breakfast (sweets included!). Seemed a bit expensive but it was a really great place so I'd say it was worth it.

There is the supermarket near by the hostel, it is good, you can save much money to buy what you want!

Alex is a very friendly person, the view in the room is nice too

I feel very at home and seems that I've known the staff for sometime. He is very funny, accomodating and cool. I will defintely comeback!

It is definitely an expensive hostel (Venice is expensive in gerenal) but it totally worth the money. Alex (the manager) is a super cool guy. I loss the key for my own lock and Alex helps me to find it so I don't have to break down my lock. He even make an event for all the people staying in hostel to go take night photos in Venice.

The rooms were large and clean. It was very easy to walk anywhere and very easy to find. Supermarket right next door was a plus. Alex was lovely, very inviting and made you feel at home!

I really enjoyed staying here. Thx to Alex. He is very humorous and looked to enjoy his work. If you make some food, he will show up out of nowhere and help you to cook with joking and letting you know about some useful cooking tips. And also I stayed at female 4dorms, It was the widest room for 4 people whete I've been stayed not even mention of no bunk!! Also there is a huge supermarket near by the hostel, it is quite convenient to buy some useful stuff and food I highly recommend this place.

I stayed a sea view 4 female dormitory room and girls who share room with me were all kind. Also, the breakfast was very good even though I am a vegetarian. Tea, juice and clementines are included. There are also bread, candies, cereal, milk and coffee. Plus, it's really close to vaporetto line 2 and N.

It is very clean and the staff is very kind.

Silk Road is the perfect hostel. Alex, the host is great, and will tailor your stay to be whatever you want it to be. He goes above and beyond what is required as a host. I've never met a kinder host! Just don't mention glassmakers. He will give you great recommendations on what to do and see and where to eat based on your interests. The location is seaside and walking distance from all sights. There is a grocery store and bank right next door. The breakfast provided is varied and plentiful. A

Excellent place to live ,everything is perfect!

A very good hostel. Location is great, it's sea side and just next to a very good supermarket. The boss is very hospitable and like to chat with guests. Clean and good wifi.

The owner was great at silk so helpful and friendly!. However, the bathrooms could have used a mop they were pretty dirty. I would stay at the Silk Road again

boss is very welcome. and compared with Venice living price, the cost is worth. sanitary situation is very good. the boss would like to introduce the city to visitors and recommend some good spots.

• 10th Dec 2013
  • China

The silk road, is just like staying at a friends house. the rooms are huge, the atmosphere is fantastic and the advice is brilliant

When we got to the hotel, the guy sat us down with a map and showed us where all the things were that we wanted to do! That was amazing!! Locks were also provided for for the duration of the stay. Location was great, only about a 15-20 minute walk to Piazza San Marco. It also overlooks a gorgeous view of the water and one of the islands. It's pretty small but if you have fun people in the hostel it makes for an awesome time :D. Breakfast was great as well. Would definitely come back!

• 6th Dec 2013

I liked this Bed and Breakfast. It was easy to find and in walking distance to everywhere. Also, the view from the room was on Isola della Giudecca, which was nice. Everyone was friendly, it was clean and breakfast was ok.

Great location, very friendly host (thanks Alex!) We really enjoyed our stay, I'm happy i've found a place in Venice where I would like to go back to next time.

• 15th Nov 2013