The Silk Road Reviews

Dorsoduro 1420/E, Venice, Italy

This is a great place to stay in Venice. The rooms are spotless, and with a view of the river. There is a kitchen you can cook in, the showers are nice and it is in an easy location. The only thing is there is no social aspect to the hostel so it's not so great for solo travellers.

It's a very nice experience with Alex. He is really nice and helpful with all the things. I really enjoy the stay there. I hope I can spend more time in Venecia!

Absolutely amazing. Less of a hostel, more like being welcomed into a home for a couple of days.

Amazing friendly staff, very small hostel so don't expect a big common area etc. Perfect for a short stay in venice. The location is literally perfect, easy to get to all the main areas and to take the ferry/boat etc. Very reasonable price for Venice and very clean/modern/safe. Didn't feel like a hostel, felt like a small hotel.

Noise at night and morning.

Silk Road was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Alex was a great host! Very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

I loved this place. It felt more like your own home. Very cute and cozy. The owner's are awesome. Very helpful and kind. I would recommend this place to everyone visiting Venice. Great value for the money.

The Silk Road was more of a guest house than a hostel. There wasn't really a hostel atmosphere which can be important if you're travelling alone. However, everything else was great. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean, there was no wait for the bathroom. Breakfast was included in the price and the location was easy walking distance to everything you want to see in Venice. Importantly, Alex and the other staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful.

it is good nice location nice bathroom

“I was a solo traveller. It was a nice place by the canal. Great to just sit and enjoy the view. A water bus stop was 1min walk from the place so that was good. If you're looking to meet new people, wouldn't really recommend this place. There aren't any common areas so any interaction you get is with people in the same dorm as you. The dorm and toilet was clean. Breakfast is free but there wasn't much variety. Thankful to Alex for walking out to pick me up when I had trouble finding the place.”

Fantastic location! Right on the water! Alex and staff were so so great!! They were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms and bathroom were very clean and we felt right at home. It's not far from the main attractions, and the walk is gorgeous anyways.

Had a great stay! Alex is lovely and super helpful. A small hostel so it's a bit quieter (depends on if that suits you!). They do a great breakfast and there's a supermarket nearby. The only thing I didn't like was that the locker space was split, meaning I had enough space for my things by themselves but I couldn't fit my backpack inside (I take it as hand-luggage, so it's not massive). I had to empty out the bag. Not really a huge issue though.

Very accommodating and welcoming, staff extremely helpful, good breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015

Best location in Venice! Next to a Supermarket (they are not that easy to find in Venice), sea view, right in a lovely small alley, less crowded here! Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! Breakfast is great especially for a hostel. Met a lot of solo travellers. You won't get a better property for that price ! Would come back :D

Alex was super helpful and welcoming! Would definitely recommend this to anyone, the location was a few steps from the water which was awesome. A bit of a walk from the train station but there is a vaporetto stop a few steps away from the location.

Excellent place to stay if you want to stay on the island, for relatively cheap. It's a simple and quite small hostel. Only 4 beds in my room. Breakfast was okay, nothing fancy, but everything was clean. A bit lame they closed down the kitchen at night but you work around it. Great view outside the windows. Definitely one of the best places to stay on the island, if that's what you're looking for (relatively) cheap.

Excellent facilities, beautiful location off the main main island, so less touristy, but very accessible walking.

A great place to stay if ever in Venice! Right by the water, too!

• 19th Jan 2015

Love, loved, loved it here! One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in by far! Alex the manager was so helpful and friendly. And the breakfast was the best start to my day.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts