The Silk Road Reviews

Dorsoduro 1420/E, Venice, Italy

Small hostel but Alex was wonderful. I had my camera out when I checked in and he made note. Offer to take me to San Marco's square in the morning for sunrise photos, which was awesome! He offers a free photography tour as well, so great hostel for those who love photography :)

I enjoyed my stay at the silk road, the owner was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and the bathroom and kitchen were fine too. Finding the Silk Road was easy enough, I followed the directions on a map before arriving, which helped.

The atmosphere is homey and friendly. The location and view from the dorm room is awesome!

Great Location in Vennezia, Quiet and clean. Good value for money. Room dont lock but locker provided.

• 20th Oct 2014

everything was nice, the breakfast is good, the location is good as well and the view from the room is awesome

The location was really good because it was on the main island of Venice. And the breakfast was also great. As a solo traveler it wasn't the best place to stay, but also not the worst.

I'm not sure if it was mosquito or bed bug.. but based on the bite pattern (three bites in series, at two different location) there was a bed bug on my bed near the window. You'd better check. Apart from that I was happy staying there.

This was a well run hostel. Alex is a very good host. There were only 4 beds in the room and plenty of space. Only about 15 or 20 minutes walk from the train/bus station. I would stay again.

Our stay at this hostel was perfect. Those who have tried to find a reasonably priced place to stay in Venice will appreciate the farely low rates at this hostel and especially what you get for your money. The location is perfect, the neighbourhood is safe and a lot cheaper than the very touristic spots in the city. Super friendly and welcoming owner, great cleanliness and all in all everything and more we wished for. Thanks, Alex, for making our stay such a nice experience!

Had a lot of fun!

Had a nice stay at The Silk Road, the rooms are big and airy with a great view over the river. There is a good little breakfast in the morning and Alex is sound. Its a bit expensive but probably one of the best cheap places to stay in Venice compared to other options. All in all, I would definitely stay again :)

Clean, good wifi, hot showers. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere, for the price I don't think you can get better in Venice. Would return and recommend. ATM, grocery store, restaurants all close by. I did not see it noted online but upon arrival was advised cash only. Nice location, if you're not taking a water taxi it's a good 15 minute walk over several bridges - be mindful if carrying a larger bag. Entrance is a few meters down a small alley.

The best place. The vibe is great. Close to everything you need. Walking to everything, waterbus, good restaurants, grocery store, post office. If and when I return to Venice, unless I am with a companion, I would stay they again and again. Well, to tell the truth, he does have a room for couples. But I had the best. Bed under the window, view of the canal, a good view, hearing water lapping, people outside. Stay there and be surprised. It's basic, clean, simple and wonderful.

• 17th Sep 2014

Great location, comfortable room and bed. Staff was really nice and supermarket is really close. Everything was good!

I had a wonderful stay! Great location (right on the water), awesome staff, and everything was very clean and tidy. Thanks so much!

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff (Alex) was friendly

Alex is the best!

Very nice big and airy room overlooking the water and the other island. Despite the breeze, electric fans are provided. Nice clean and cozy hostel. Locked cabinets are provided. Bathroom is not the communal type. It is like a regular house turned into a hostel. Only 10-beds in all. Very homey. Breakfast is included although selection could be better. A little hard to find from the Santa Lucia train station if you decide to walk instead of taking the vaporetto. Take the vaporetto, if I were you.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts