The Silk Road Reviews

Dorsoduro 1420/E, Venice, Italy

Had a great stay! Alex is lovely and super helpful. A small hostel so it's a bit quieter (depends on if that suits you!). They do a great breakfast and there's a supermarket nearby. The only thing I didn't like was that the locker space was split, meaning I had enough space for my things by themselves but I couldn't fit my backpack inside (I take it as hand-luggage, so it's not massive). I had to empty out the bag. Not really a huge issue though.

Very accommodating and welcoming, staff extremely helpful, good breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015

Best location in Venice! Next to a Supermarket (they are not that easy to find in Venice), sea view, right in a lovely small alley, less crowded here! Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! Breakfast is great especially for a hostel. Met a lot of solo travellers. You won't get a better property for that price ! Would come back :D

Alex was super helpful and welcoming! Would definitely recommend this to anyone, the location was a few steps from the water which was awesome. A bit of a walk from the train station but there is a vaporetto stop a few steps away from the location.

Excellent place to stay if you want to stay on the island, for relatively cheap. It's a simple and quite small hostel. Only 4 beds in my room. Breakfast was okay, nothing fancy, but everything was clean. A bit lame they closed down the kitchen at night but you work around it. Great view outside the windows. Definitely one of the best places to stay on the island, if that's what you're looking for (relatively) cheap.

Excellent facilities, beautiful location off the main main island, so less touristy, but very accessible walking.

A great place to stay if ever in Venice! Right by the water, too!

• 19th Jan 2015

Love, loved, loved it here! One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in by far! Alex the manager was so helpful and friendly. And the breakfast was the best start to my day.

Silk Road was my favorite hostel during my trip to Europe! Alex is really helpful, always willing to sit down and draw out directions on a map for you. The location is great -- you're right on the water so you have a beautiful view out your window in the morning. Everything also is really clean and well-kept. One tip: shower at night because there is only one bathroom for girls and it gets full in the morning. Wonderful hostel!

• 17th Dec 2014

Very nice Hostel, excellent staff and very familiar atmosphere, I felt as I were at home! the landlord was very supportive and talkative and smart, I had very nice conversations with him. Thanks to that, my stay in venice was definitely awesome!!!!

Small hostel but Alex was wonderful. I had my camera out when I checked in and he made note. Offer to take me to San Marco's square in the morning for sunrise photos, which was awesome! He offers a free photography tour as well, so great hostel for those who love photography :)

I enjoyed my stay at the silk road, the owner was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and the bathroom and kitchen were fine too. Finding the Silk Road was easy enough, I followed the directions on a map before arriving, which helped.

The atmosphere is homey and friendly. The location and view from the dorm room is awesome!

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts