The Silk Road Reviews

Dorsoduro 1420/E, Venice, Italy

The Silk Road was more of a guest house than a hostel. There wasn't really a hostel atmosphere which can be important if you're travelling alone. However, everything else was great. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean, there was no wait for the bathroom. Breakfast was included in the price and the location was easy walking distance to everything you want to see in Venice. Importantly, Alex and the other staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful.

it is good nice location nice bathroom

“I was a solo traveller. It was a nice place by the canal. Great to just sit and enjoy the view. A water bus stop was 1min walk from the place so that was good. If you're looking to meet new people, wouldn't really recommend this place. There aren't any common areas so any interaction you get is with people in the same dorm as you. The dorm and toilet was clean. Breakfast is free but there wasn't much variety. Thankful to Alex for walking out to pick me up when I had trouble finding the place.”

Fantastic location! Right on the water! Alex and staff were so so great!! They were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms and bathroom were very clean and we felt right at home. It's not far from the main attractions, and the walk is gorgeous anyways.

Had a great stay! Alex is lovely and super helpful. A small hostel so it's a bit quieter (depends on if that suits you!). They do a great breakfast and there's a supermarket nearby. The only thing I didn't like was that the locker space was split, meaning I had enough space for my things by themselves but I couldn't fit my backpack inside (I take it as hand-luggage, so it's not massive). I had to empty out the bag. Not really a huge issue though.

Very accommodating and welcoming, staff extremely helpful, good breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015

Best location in Venice! Next to a Supermarket (they are not that easy to find in Venice), sea view, right in a lovely small alley, less crowded here! Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! Breakfast is great especially for a hostel. Met a lot of solo travellers. You won't get a better property for that price ! Would come back :D

Alex was super helpful and welcoming! Would definitely recommend this to anyone, the location was a few steps from the water which was awesome. A bit of a walk from the train station but there is a vaporetto stop a few steps away from the location.

Excellent place to stay if you want to stay on the island, for relatively cheap. It's a simple and quite small hostel. Only 4 beds in my room. Breakfast was okay, nothing fancy, but everything was clean. A bit lame they closed down the kitchen at night but you work around it. Great view outside the windows. Definitely one of the best places to stay on the island, if that's what you're looking for (relatively) cheap.

Excellent facilities, beautiful location off the main main island, so less touristy, but very accessible walking.

A great place to stay if ever in Venice! Right by the water, too!

• 19th Jan 2015

Love, loved, loved it here! One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in by far! Alex the manager was so helpful and friendly. And the breakfast was the best start to my day.

Silk Road was my favorite hostel during my trip to Europe! Alex is really helpful, always willing to sit down and draw out directions on a map for you. The location is great -- you're right on the water so you have a beautiful view out your window in the morning. Everything also is really clean and well-kept. One tip: shower at night because there is only one bathroom for girls and it gets full in the morning. Wonderful hostel!

• 17th Dec 2014

Very nice Hostel, excellent staff and very familiar atmosphere, I felt as I were at home! the landlord was very supportive and talkative and smart, I had very nice conversations with him. Thanks to that, my stay in venice was definitely awesome!!!!

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts