The Singing Lamb Backpackers Reviews

Arauco 779, Puerto Natales, Chile

A very well kept hostel with good facilities. A bit on the expensive side but for me it was worth it.

Not exactly next to the bus terminal, but still worth the walk. After the Torres del Paine, the dorm, beds, bathroom and all facilities were fabulous - super comfy bed! Too bad we only stayed here for a night. Totally recommend it.

Wonderful place to stay. I wondered into Puerto Natales after a full days travelling from Puerto Montt and was very tired and hadnt booked a place to stay. I walked into the Singing Lamb and was warmly welcomed and showed to a room where I had the best nights sleep in the comfiest bed I have slept in since starting my travels. The place is like a hotel but with that great hostel atmosphere. The staff are great and very helpful with all the tips you need for trekking. Breakfast is very good too!

Great little place. Felt like a home away from home.

The Singing Lamb was a great place to stay. Good beds, very good showers, good breakfast, good computers, nice communial area... The best place to come back after you did the W-trek! The staff was so nice, Octavio was the best host! He s interesting to talk to, takes care of the guests and makes them the best breakfast . :-) A real recommender!

Very nice hostel with very clean rooms, we took a double one with private bathroom which was really nice but quite pricy if we compare it with other stays (but this is Chilean Patagonia of course). Ok breakfast and nice locker service to use when you are hiking in the NP! Would recommend it!

Very nice facilities, but the hostel was too big to have any atmosphere. Very antisocial.

This place is great. Close and easy to bus station. Comfortable common area and comfortable rooms with showers. A fair walk to town center, but not bad 20 minutes.

• 8th Feb 2014

Singing Lamb was a great place to meet others who were preparing for the trek through Torres del Paine, but unfortunately the nice stay was tarnished by a plague of bed bugs. Me and another friend were bitten along with others in the 9-bed dorm. It's also sad that they require you to pay $1,000 Chilean pesos per day to leave your bags in a locker while you´re backpacking, even if you stay there upon return. We decided to go to Kaweskar instead a few blocks away.

Clean place. Big dormrooms. You can leave your bag in a locker when you go to the TDP park. Tasty breakfast. Staff, especially Octavio, are really friendly.

Good place to chill before after your trekking

Really great hostel. Such nice, comfy beds. Perfect before and after torres. Lockers for storing your stuff and even a little shared area for sleeping bags etc. lovely breakfast too. Unfortunately my girlfriend did get bed bugs but I think this was unlucky and probably unusual

huge living room with plenty space n entertainment facilities however i dislike management of this hostel results in poor service. they charged 1 dollar p/d for storing luggage when u r at park.other hostels you can easily find free. I booked w circuit hostel for the day i come back they were happy to store my luagguge for free even i didnt stay there at beginning. i left a small bag with clothes at singing lamb reception when i came back the staff just told me it was gone.

Good place to chill before/after trekking Torres

My experience at The Singing Lamb was great! I had a very short visit and was thinking that I wouldn't be able to take a tour to Torres del Paine because all excursions were already fully booked. When Mauricio heard about that, he said that he would find a tour for me and he did! It was my birthday so it was a special gift that I received it by spending the day on that amazing park! Also, Octavio makes the best bread that I have ever had in any hostel that I have stayed at.

Good brekky provided in the morning - free home made bread & scrambled eggs. Potential for a good atmosphere but everybody is always busy backing for their hike. Found staff were not overly helpful when approached about issues - eg, a map of the town or what to do in the town itself... The dude who cooked me scrambled eggs every morning though was sensational.

This is the best hostel l have stayed at. It is new and clean, has four functioning computers and serves eggs for breakfast. It is within walking distance of the bus station, but a little farther from shopping than other hostels.

A little bit off the main drag, but close enough to Erratic Rock for the run-down on TDP. Really clean facilities, made for a nice welcome shower after hiking the W. The rooms are a bit awkward with most all the beds right next to each other, but aside from that, the hostel provides everything you need to prepare and wind down from hiking in Torres del Paine

Nice clean dorms and clean common area with computers which was nice, and good breakfast, with brewed coffee!

Great hostel, nice atmosphere, comfortable beds, kitchen available, nice living room, computers and free wi-fi available. The only thing to say is that the rooms have a lot of beds (10) so it can get a little noisy with that many people. I would definitely recommend this place!

View all Puerto Natales Hostels