The Singing Lamb Backpackers Reviews

Arauco 779, Puerto Natales, Chile

Amazing hostel - probably the best I've ever stayed in. Lovely beds, amazing shower, soft towels provided, delicious breakfast, superb communal area, very helpful friendly staff

The staff at night Was the Best! Very helpful and with The Best attitude. The staff in The morning Was not so much, specially for breakfast. On our first day, they fell asleep so There Was no breakfast. The one thing I would recommend, is that at night, the TV would be turned off On The common space, and there would be music instead, its more fun.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Chile

EXCELLENT showers and breakfast. Awesome water pressure, super clean bathrooms were perfect for that first shower back. Having eggs at breakfast was a treat and staff was quite friendly. The hostel is a little too big to properly meet people, so the atmosphere is a bit lacking. It is a bit further away from the city center as well. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier about coming back to this hostel after my trek. Close to Base Camp as well, so easy to return equipment afterwards.

Beautiful hostel, great facilities. Kinda quiet as Puerto Natales is a jumping point for Torres del Paine Nat'l Park. Most guests are only staying overnight before or after beginning their hike.

LOVED LOVED EVERYTHING! Especially the white linen and towels, how clean and warm it was and the amazing bathroom facilities in the 6bed dorm (omg). Oscar at the reception went out of his way to help me w bus tickets which I truly appreciate! One of, if not the best hostel Ive ever stayed at , thank youuu!

Overall a great hostel, with spacious and beautiful common areas, a cooked breakfast (eggs!), reliable wifi and a great staff. It's a 5-minute walk to downtown, so not the most centrally located but certainly not an impediment either. The strangest thing is that the big lockers in the rooms have no latches for locks, and there are only a limited number of lockable lockers in the main area (lucky if you get one), which for a hostel of this quality is an odd shortcoming. Otherwise excellent.

So good I booked 2 more nights for after I got back from doing The W in Torres. Great places to come back to after 5 days in the park hiking. Showers are amazing with very high water pressure & hot!!!!

Once again one of the best hostels I have stayed at. It's clean, has great WiFi, the staff is amazing and helpful, in a great location and it's very spacious. The breakfast is very good & love that it starts at 6:30am so even when you leave early for the hike you have your breakfast. It's a great hostel to base yourself while preparing for the W, O or Q hike in Torres & they even rent out lockers for the stuff you're not gonna take with you while you're gone. Stay here if you can!!!

We had a wonderful time at this hostel! Beautiful building close to the center of town. delicious breakfast. helpful staff (Oscar was particularly awesome and helpful!). The only downside for us was that we had a couple items stolen from the dorm... a power converter and flipflops. (there ARE lockers available, these seemed more secure, but bring your own locks). Definitely our fault for leaving things out, but sad because the rest of the hostel had a great vibe!

better than a regular hostel!! :)

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Loved this place. Arrived around midnight to no problems and a very attentive staff member who made our check-in easy and who inspired us in making our Torres Del Paine trip the next day and helped us book our onward journey from Puerto Natales. Beds were comfy, duvets were divine. Spotlessly clean with a fantastic breakfast. Laundry next door very handy. Short walk from both bus station and downtown. Can't recommend highly enough.

This hostel was wonderful. The staff was so friendly, and a great breakfast with eggs was included. They provided me with all information I needed about doing the torres trek. Oscar even booked a bus for me when I was gone. There are large lockers for backpacks.The common areas are inviting and comfortable. Shower pressure and heat was amazing. They let you keep your things in a locked room if you are going on the trek. Definitely recommend it here!

Great base for Torres del Paine. Atmosphere is great.

• 10th Jan 2015

This was more a hotel than a hostel!! Freshly made beds every day, fresh towels every day and freshly prepared breakfast every day! Really helpful friendly multilingual staf and a good location. I am very happy I could stay there for 3 nights!!

pretty decent hostel except for the fact that their internet didn't work and they knew they had problems with the router. They just said yea it always has problems and sometimes you can randomly connect. Everyone at the hostel was saying they had trouble with it.

Great place to stay. Really friendly staff. They will help you with everything you need, going far beyond what one would expect. The rooms are nice and the environment is good to meet new people.

This is a great hostel and I recommend it for anyone who is planning on doing a trek in Torres del Paine and wants a relaxing place after or before. The service is set up for you as a backpacker and I found that the place was superclean with warm showers and high water pressure. They organized a Christmas dinner that was spectacular and really sweet. I also found it was very easy to meet people in this hostel.

Best hostel that I've stayed in, in the whole of South America. Great staff. The newer private 6 bed dorm side was like somebody's guest bedroom with the most comfortable mattresses, big warm duvets and clean pressed sheets (courtesy of the fantastic laundry next door- available for our use too). Hot, very high pressured and immaculately clean showers. Location on southern side of town but only a 10min walk from the main drag.

Nice staff, always ready to help you to plan your hiking. Good breakfast. Big lockers. Computers in case the wifi is slow. 15 minutes walk to the bus station. A really good hostel.

Comfiest, coziest beds in the 10 bed dorm room, especially with how windy Puerto Natales is, the best bed to come home to. Also nice, large, clean kitchen. Close to the bus station

View all Puerto Natales Hostels