The Sleeeping Maris Tallinn Reviews

1 Vaike Karja building 7, Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia

The hostel is located in the middle of the old town. It can be hard to find due to a new entrance. It looks like a condemned building inside, but it's great for the price, especially for a short visit. The showers worked fine and there's a great kitchen. When you need to check out early, a staff member can be hard to find. The staff are very knowledgeable on the city. I would stay here again

+ Location is great - right in an Old Town but not at the most busy street. Big kitchen which is also can be used for socialising, bar at frideay and saturday nights, lots of showers on different floors - Hard to find in spite of I had directions, hard to look about inside - different parts of hostel are at different floors and sides of one house, room wasn't wery clean, lack of WC's at the last floor wish it was a bit cheaper for that facilities

I think it would be very convenient to have a sign on the door written "The Sleeping Maris"

Great location but the hostel needs to work cleanliness and customer service plus hostel address is not the right.

The hostel was OK. It it in the center, perfect location. The price is also good. I think the hostel is very good for staying a a few days but not longer. It is very difficult to find, it is not in Väike Karja but in Sauna street 1 (no sign for it). After entering, you must go to the first floor (it is a nice old building but without elevator!), enter ~"Mark Twain". After reception narrow steps again. The main (and only?) problem is the hygenie of the hostel, that is very poor. Otherwise OK.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Loved the location and the staff, but it's the shabbiest place I've ever payed money to stay at.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

I really liked the bar inside the hostel. I wanted to checkout on 08:00 o' clock, but the staff was still sleeping, so i had to wait.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Very cool place. The most unusual hostel we've stayed in. I wish they would clean the showers each day.

It was expensive compare to other cities, and the quality was also under expected.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel is really good if you are looking for partying and meeting new people. Although, if you want to rest and have good nights to sleep, here is definitely not your place! It has a great location in the heart of the old city. Very good restaurants, clubs and bars near it.

The hostel is nice. The staff is just great. Kinda hard to find it. The building is kinda old, and it doesn't seem very clean at all. But the staff is so helpful and so friendly, that these problems just disappear.

My hostel was overbooked so they recommended The Sleeeping Maris hostel. I thought private room was basic although very cheap but since moving to another hostel I rather be back there. My new hostel was fifteen euro more a night and the private room was below the sleeeping Maris standard and somehow it's rated 25 percent higher. Haha it makes no sense. Guests were also younger here. Top marks for the blonde girl working who found me another hostel me like

I like the Hostel but it needs work. People leave the back door open at Dancing ESTI and I had breakfast with a big rat twice. It seemed to know where it was going too. My room needed a vacuum and as well some serious window /wall work. Hostel was close to living in an abandoned bldg as you can get. I was there last year and it was livable but no maintenance has been done and it seems only one staff member now. Location is rt and perfect but Hostel is one of four in the bldg and poor overal

Very disgusty bathroon and accomodations. Please dont go to this hostell any way. The address is wrong it was difficult to find the hostel becaus the correct street is Sauna.. Very wear furniture and poor internet connection. Definitelt never recommend this Hoste. Mr dennis wa very friendly ( manager)

• 9th May 2014

This must be the worst sign posted hostel around and at first glance the hostel looked like a dive walking through the pub area. The 4 bedroom isn't too bad though and the hostel is in the best location possible (once you eventually find it). If you can brave the dusty rooms maybe worth a go.

the worse hostel ever. it is totally dirty and stinky place and even not so cheap. I had problem to sleep in that conditions. instead normal wall between rooms, there was a door, so I could hear people making love, talk etc. from other room. I took private double to have silent.... So don't make my mistake and never go there. In this price you can have Economy Hotel much more better, cleaner with bedroom in the room and with clean bedding etc. just normal.

• 29th Mar 2014