The Sleeeping Maris Tallinn Reviews

Sauna St 1, apartment 7, Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia

Only the cleanliness of toilet need to be improve... The rest of the stuff is great...

I arrived at around 7 in the morning, made a last-minute reservation, but nobody responded. I tried calling them, the reception, the number provided in case the reception didn't answer. Nothing. So yeah, this pretty much was a zero.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Terrible place. Dirty, beds do not have even bedsheets. The place looks like a prison. Probably a prison is better. Lol

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Tanzania

The place was in such a state we decided to leave a night early and sleep on an overnight bus instead. The whole time I saw one staff member at odd times; when we first got there and rang the doorbell, nobody answered, another hostel in the same building opened the door for us begrudgingly. The toilets weren't cleaned in at least 36 hours, no toilet paper until we asked, one broken mirror in one of the bathrooms and no mirrors or waste bins in our room. Torn sheets, windows hanging on one hinge.

No one at the reception, we waited and waited and there was no one, we had to find another hostel, stay away from this hostel

Bathrooms where disgusting didnt take a shower.. The entrance was through a bar going up by the most unconfortable stairs.. Room was dirty too.. The whole place smells i know is very cheap but we are not animals this place is in no condition to work as a hostel. The fact they only take cash and dont even have asomething outside that says hey we are here is shady. Worst experience ever!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Dominican Republic

There is no sign of the hostel on the door of second floor. And when I went through the door, I just saw a bar. So I went back to the stairs, and checked all floors of the building. After 30 min of thinking and many trials, I finally found that the hostel is inside the bar of the second floor. The bar is also working as a reception of the hostel, but usually no one is there. So even if I had a trouble or question, I could not ask. Very inconvenient.

The location was excellent and everything was near. If you want to pay as little as possible and just want to have a place to sleep, then sleeeping maris is the place to be (not a party hostel!). But i was shocked how dirty the place was - the showers, the rooms - and I didnt see toilet paper the whole time i was there. Our dorm smelled, well, bad. We had mix ups with our keys and the owner didnt seem to care. I really wasnt happy about the place but it was cheap.

Some sound proofing would improve the sleep by very much. The doors seemed to be like paper.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Estonia

The perfect hostel for backpack travellers. Nice atmosphere and personal. Right in the center of the city. Good people to meet and chat. The building is half destroyed, cleaness needs enormous improvement and keys do not often works BUT you are paying 6e a night and hey! you are travelling in a new city, so what are you doing staying in the hostel instead of getting to know the city?

Exzellent Location. However the building was too old, the person wasn't there when we arrived and we had to wait. The WC was smelling badly, there wasn't toilet paper and soap.

There is nobody at reception at 14.00 although I mentioned before. Entrance is also not visible. It took me 20 minutes to find the door. I never recommend this place.

It is a really nice place. Shared room are big and comfortable. There are just to thing to declare about it. To reach the hostel you must go through a bar. It took long time to find the place (not the building, but the floor and door). The other things is that, as it is above a bar, sleeping during weekends can be hard. Anyway the noise of bar was not so loud inside the hostel.