The Station Backpackers Reviews

Level 5, 131 Beach Road, Auckland city, Auckland, New Zealand

Very clean and cosy hostel. Friendly and helpful staff I really enjoyed my stay there! I would come back!

• 20th Jan 2015

I'll recomanded it!

Meh. Not really worth the money...compared to Nomads the location sucks for the money you pay. Atmosphere wasn't fun...felt awkward...clean and quiet but just weird. Staff were awkward. If you're going to pay their prices it's way better and more fun to stay at Nomads.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff let us check in early and the room was a nice size with ensuite. Overall everything was clean and the cafe upstairs is good. They have TVs in the private rooms as well as a table, fridge and kettle with drink making facilities. Just slightly out of the cbd but doesn't take long to walk anywhere. It seems very secure because you need a card to get in the front door at all times. Would stay again!

They have some live ins that make lots of noise at night and don't clean up after themselves in the kitchen and common area. They were taking action to solve this when we were there. Other than that this is a good hostel to stay at. Near the city, near supermarket, wifi works well outside of peak times. Kitchen is well equipped and is clean after cleaners have been in.

Cozy place to stay, nice atmosphere.

Just a average hostel with a lot of long time stayers. Also there's to many beds in a room. So f all space to put your bag. Staff was good though.

We have to precise that this is not entirely the fault of the staff, who are lovely peoples, trying to do their best. When we staid here (one week) the kitchen was all the time dirty, it was almost impossible to find a clean plate, a glace or flatwares... the poor cleaning ladies must do the dishes by their own, throw tones of beers, it was really not enjoyable to eat in those conditions... Some lockers in the room were broken, the only outside area in the hostel looks like a rubbish...

This is not the place I had expected according to reviews. First of all, It´s not well located, you have to walk a lot from bus stop or bus station. Second point, there a lot of persons living permanately so the enviroment is not like simply tourists enoying the city for a few days. Last point and really important is that majority of rooms are next to common area so if you are an early sleeper, forget about sleep until all people stop drinking and shouting. Glasses are left dirty.

I was kept up until 1am with people partying in the rooms next to the common room. I asked the duty manager to ask them to turn the music down this didn't happen. The signs say quiet after 10pm.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

I spent a very good time in this hostel! The reception staff was very friendly and happy to help us and was surprised by the cleanliness in the room, common area and bathroom. And I especially liked the bathroom very modern, new and clean. I really enjoyed my showers :). The room has lockers and was close to the kitchen and lounge, so easy to socialize with the other guest. So I would definitely come back to the Station backpackers!

perfect hostel for recovering from jetlag while still being very close to the city. Clean and good facilities but not the best place for socialising

My room was ok, clean... But, the problem was that the leaving room is by the room's doors... Too noisy, people talking and listening to music till late!

Nice hostel. Quite clean and people are nice. Small rooms but have windows.

Personally I always leave the sharing rooms as clean as I found, and I also did in the Station backpackers. However, I saw that people don't help to keep clean the kitchen and I think something should be done (more effort on making people to respect the others by leaving things properly). Women bathrooms are not easy to be used for more than two persons at the same time (eg. having a shower), and usually people close the door to have a shower stopping the others from going to the toilet.

The hostel has lots of personality, mostly due to the retro furniture. The staff is friendly. Unfortunately the bathrooms aren't as clean as they could be (buying a larger rubbish bin could help with the overflowing papertowels). There's no freezer, so if you live off frozen tv dinners - this is not the hostel for you.