The Station Backpackers Reviews

Level 5, 131 Beach Road, Auckland city, Auckland, New Zealand

A very good hostel. Fresh sheets, good beds. 5 min walk to city. Staff were awesome. Definitely staying here again.

What this place lacked as a result of dated and older facilities, it more than made up with its ability to nurture social interaction. Great place!

Very noisy at night, staff not very approachable but facilities clean and good enough.

Okay place for a few nights. 5th floor is the 'party' floor with a bunch of old timers making noise until 3 am, and 7th is more quiet without a common room. Staff friendly and helpful. But our two last extended night cost 45$ which was not worth it at all. And someone stole my cardigan, which I accidentally left in the bathroom one night. Good location, okay facilities. Kind of hotel like.

The Station was, on the whole, a pretty decent hostel. The lockers broke on occasion, and the Wi-Fi was temperamental. There was also not nearly enough fridge space. However the staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was a good mixture of people and a generally convivial atmosphere.

It's okay to stay there for a night, but I wouldn't recommend it for longer.

Rooms crowded with little ventilation.

Overall a very nice place to stay. A tad pricey, and not right by Queen Street (like YHA or a couple others), but good nonetheless. the pin code safes in the room are a nice touch.

Wifi NEVER worked. Kitchen way too small for the amount of people staying. Noisy from main road at night and early in the mornings. Blinds in my room didn't work so on top on noisy from the road the sun would shine in early mornings making the room very hot and uncomfortable. Not enough showers/toilets and no privacy in the female bathroom. Overall unhappy and wouldn't recommend it.

The kitchen is small but clean and everything is new. The room is quiet as I was on the 7th floor. The backpacker is really quiet which is good! The bath and toilet clean as well. I recommend this backpack!!!

• 16th Feb 2015

Good place to go for the price. There are closer hostels than it for the price but the staff makes up for it. Only thing i hated was that it is unusually loud even for a backpackers and it is encouraged by the addition of free drinks on a certain day and the participation of a pub crawl on another. Quiet seekers beware. Everyone else, go for this place. THE WIFI IS PAINFULLY SLOW.

• 14th Feb 2015

Room was very small, half of the lockers were broken. Lockers with PIN are noisy (beeping sound), not very convenient if people are sleeping. Internet is free but awfully slow.

If you are a backpacker travelling around NZ you'll find it quite clean and with a good atmosphere.

Nice and clean hostel for little money, a short walk from the city center, friendly staff, new and clean facilities, (paid) parking in front of the hostel

Very clean and cosy hostel. Friendly and helpful staff I really enjoyed my stay there! I would come back!

• 20th Jan 2015

I'll recomanded it!

Meh. Not really worth the money...compared to Nomads the location sucks for the money you pay. Atmosphere wasn't fun...felt awkward...clean and quiet but just weird. Staff were awkward. If you're going to pay their prices it's way better and more fun to stay at Nomads.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff let us check in early and the room was a nice size with ensuite. Overall everything was clean and the cafe upstairs is good. They have TVs in the private rooms as well as a table, fridge and kettle with drink making facilities. Just slightly out of the cbd but doesn't take long to walk anywhere. It seems very secure because you need a card to get in the front door at all times. Would stay again!

They have some live ins that make lots of noise at night and don't clean up after themselves in the kitchen and common area. They were taking action to solve this when we were there. Other than that this is a good hostel to stay at. Near the city, near supermarket, wifi works well outside of peak times. Kitchen is well equipped and is clean after cleaners have been in.

As a lone woman traveller I was very thankful that the man on the reception who was very friendly gave me a room upstairs away from any noise. My room and the bathrooms were all good and I enjoyed my stay here..