The Station Backpackers Reviews

Level 5, 131 Beach Road, Auckland city, Auckland, New Zealand

Location, showers and wifi are excellent. Brilliant value for money. Kitchen a bit small on the level we stayed on. Overall was great and extended the stay a following week directly with them.

• 16th Aug 2015

Really good hostel for good price. Bathroom and kitchen really nice and clean, my room could have got some cleaning, though, loads of dirt on the carpet! The location is good and also free WiFi.

Didn't get any sleep. I was kept up all night by drunk people "partying" directly outside my room with music blaring. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• 13th Jun 2015

No common area, tiny kitchen, small rooms with hardly many windows. But the people were lovely, although it didnt have the atmosphere I was hoping for.

The location wasn't the best but descent enough. It's about a 10 minute walk to Queen Street. The atmosphere was great in my opinion. Everybody was pretty friendly.

Lockers didn't lock. Room wasn't cleaned once in the week I was there. Kitchen was full of dirty dishes every time I went in to use it. My milk was stolen twice from the fridge. Internet was very slow and not working lots of the time. Couldn't wait to get out of there, maybe auckland has a low standard of hostels overall, not sure, but I know this was a very low standard of hostel compared to every other one I have stayed in before, and thats quite a lot.

Thank you so much for a wonderful experience especially the hospitality warm friendly smile looking after us so well. I would come back again.

• 1st May 2015
  • New Zealand

There was loud music every night from about 6pm-2pm, some nights it was playing until 4am. Didn't sleep a lot! The people who were staying there long term weren't very welcoming, no one spoke to us, felt intimated to walk into the kitchen area etc

• 25th Apr 2015

A newly revamped place with good facilities and very comfortable beds. The managers is really awesome! Stayed for one night to a partying mob in the common area at Level 5, who left the place totally in a bad condition the next morning. I would think that the hostel is well preserved with lots of history and the partying does not really help travellers who want some peace and a good night sleep. Well, this is Auckland and we can't expect any less. Overall a pleasant place and recommended.

A very good hostel. Fresh sheets, good beds. 5 min walk to city. Staff were awesome. Definitely staying here again.

What this place lacked as a result of dated and older facilities, it more than made up with its ability to nurture social interaction. Great place!

Very noisy at night, staff not very approachable but facilities clean and good enough.

The most fun hostel I've ever stayed in! There's nowhere quite like this place

Okay place for a few nights. 5th floor is the 'party' floor with a bunch of old timers making noise until 3 am, and 7th is more quiet without a common room. Staff friendly and helpful. But our two last extended night cost 45$ which was not worth it at all. And someone stole my cardigan, which I accidentally left in the bathroom one night. Good location, okay facilities. Kind of hotel like.

The Station was, on the whole, a pretty decent hostel. The lockers broke on occasion, and the Wi-Fi was temperamental. There was also not nearly enough fridge space. However the staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was a good mixture of people and a generally convivial atmosphere.

It's okay to stay there for a night, but I wouldn't recommend it for longer.

Rooms crowded with little ventilation.

Stayed 3 nights. Kitchen is small and constantly dirty but manageable. The staff did well to keep things in working order, but definitely a mid-level experience. The room smelled pretty bad. Don't know where it was coming from, but was a noticeable smell in there the whole time. Good place as a last minute stay, but wouldn't be my first choice.