The Station Backpackers Reviews

Level 5, 131 Beach Road, Auckland city, Auckland, New Zealand

Wifi NEVER worked. Kitchen way too small for the amount of people staying. Noisy from main road at night and early in the mornings. Blinds in my room didn't work so on top on noisy from the road the sun would shine in early mornings making the room very hot and uncomfortable. Not enough showers/toilets and no privacy in the female bathroom. Overall unhappy and wouldn't recommend it.

The kitchen is small but clean and everything is new. The room is quiet as I was on the 7th floor. The backpacker is really quiet which is good! The bath and toilet clean as well. I recommend this backpack!!!

• 16th Feb 2015

Good place to go for the price. There are closer hostels than it for the price but the staff makes up for it. Only thing i hated was that it is unusually loud even for a backpackers and it is encouraged by the addition of free drinks on a certain day and the participation of a pub crawl on another. Quiet seekers beware. Everyone else, go for this place. THE WIFI IS PAINFULLY SLOW.

• 14th Feb 2015

If you are a backpacker travelling around NZ you'll find it quite clean and with a good atmosphere.

Nice and clean hostel for little money, a short walk from the city center, friendly staff, new and clean facilities, (paid) parking in front of the hostel

Very clean and cosy hostel. Friendly and helpful staff I really enjoyed my stay there! I would come back!

• 20th Jan 2015

I'll recomanded it!

Meh. Not really worth the money...compared to Nomads the location sucks for the money you pay. Atmosphere wasn't fun...felt awkward...clean and quiet but just weird. Staff were awkward. If you're going to pay their prices it's way better and more fun to stay at Nomads.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff let us check in early and the room was a nice size with ensuite. Overall everything was clean and the cafe upstairs is good. They have TVs in the private rooms as well as a table, fridge and kettle with drink making facilities. Just slightly out of the cbd but doesn't take long to walk anywhere. It seems very secure because you need a card to get in the front door at all times. Would stay again!

They have some live ins that make lots of noise at night and don't clean up after themselves in the kitchen and common area. They were taking action to solve this when we were there. Other than that this is a good hostel to stay at. Near the city, near supermarket, wifi works well outside of peak times. Kitchen is well equipped and is clean after cleaners have been in.

As a lone woman traveller I was very thankful that the man on the reception who was very friendly gave me a room upstairs away from any noise. My room and the bathrooms were all good and I enjoyed my stay here..

Cozy place to stay, nice atmosphere.

Just a average hostel with a lot of long time stayers. Also there's to many beds in a room. So f all space to put your bag. Staff was good though.

We have to precise that this is not entirely the fault of the staff, who are lovely peoples, trying to do their best. When we staid here (one week) the kitchen was all the time dirty, it was almost impossible to find a clean plate, a glace or flatwares... the poor cleaning ladies must do the dishes by their own, throw tones of beers, it was really not enjoyable to eat in those conditions... Some lockers in the room were broken, the only outside area in the hostel looks like a rubbish...

This is not the place I had expected according to reviews. First of all, It´s not well located, you have to walk a lot from bus stop or bus station. Second point, there a lot of persons living permanately so the enviroment is not like simply tourists enoying the city for a few days. Last point and really important is that majority of rooms are next to common area so if you are an early sleeper, forget about sleep until all people stop drinking and shouting. Glasses are left dirty.

I was kept up until 1am with people partying in the rooms next to the common room. I asked the duty manager to ask them to turn the music down this didn't happen. The signs say quiet after 10pm.

Large hostel with a pretty vibrant social scene when i was there. The staff were nice and the included internet was a big plus when compared to most other hostels in new Zealand. The layout of the rooms to the communal area can be annoying though as it can be very loud. The morning often left the place as a bit of a mess with the kitchen full of plate and tables covered.

I spent a very good time in this hostel! The reception staff was very friendly and happy to help us and was surprised by the cleanliness in the room, common area and bathroom. And I especially liked the bathroom very modern, new and clean. I really enjoyed my showers :). The room has lockers and was close to the kitchen and lounge, so easy to socialize with the other guest. So I would definitely come back to the Station backpackers!

perfect hostel for recovering from jetlag while still being very close to the city. Clean and good facilities but not the best place for socialising

My room was ok, clean... But, the problem was that the leaving room is by the room's doors... Too noisy, people talking and listening to music till late!