The Station Backpackers Reviews

Level 5, 131 Beach Road, Auckland city, Auckland, New Zealand

This is not the place I had expected according to reviews. First of all, It´s not well located, you have to walk a lot from bus stop or bus station. Second point, there a lot of persons living permanately so the enviroment is not like simply tourists enoying the city for a few days. Last point and really important is that majority of rooms are next to common area so if you are an early sleeper, forget about sleep until all people stop drinking and shouting. Glasses are left dirty.

I was kept up until 1am with people partying in the rooms next to the common room. I asked the duty manager to ask them to turn the music down this didn't happen. The signs say quiet after 10pm.

Large hostel with a pretty vibrant social scene when i was there. The staff were nice and the included internet was a big plus when compared to most other hostels in new Zealand. The layout of the rooms to the communal area can be annoying though as it can be very loud. The morning often left the place as a bit of a mess with the kitchen full of plate and tables covered.

I spent a very good time in this hostel! The reception staff was very friendly and happy to help us and was surprised by the cleanliness in the room, common area and bathroom. And I especially liked the bathroom very modern, new and clean. I really enjoyed my showers :). The room has lockers and was close to the kitchen and lounge, so easy to socialize with the other guest. So I would definitely come back to the Station backpackers!

perfect hostel for recovering from jetlag while still being very close to the city. Clean and good facilities but not the best place for socialising

My room was ok, clean... But, the problem was that the leaving room is by the room's doors... Too noisy, people talking and listening to music till late!

1 2 Next » last »