The Station Backpackers Reviews

Level 5, 131 Beach Road, Auckland city, Auckland, New Zealand

As a lone woman traveller I was very thankful that the man on the reception who was very friendly gave me a room upstairs away from any noise. My room and the bathrooms were all good and I enjoyed my stay here..

Cozy place to stay, nice atmosphere.

Just a average hostel with a lot of long time stayers. Also there's to many beds in a room. So f all space to put your bag. Staff was good though.

We have to precise that this is not entirely the fault of the staff, who are lovely peoples, trying to do their best. When we staid here (one week) the kitchen was all the time dirty, it was almost impossible to find a clean plate, a glace or flatwares... the poor cleaning ladies must do the dishes by their own, throw tones of beers, it was really not enjoyable to eat in those conditions... Some lockers in the room were broken, the only outside area in the hostel looks like a rubbish...

This is not the place I had expected according to reviews. First of all, It´s not well located, you have to walk a lot from bus stop or bus station. Second point, there a lot of persons living permanately so the enviroment is not like simply tourists enoying the city for a few days. Last point and really important is that majority of rooms are next to common area so if you are an early sleeper, forget about sleep until all people stop drinking and shouting. Glasses are left dirty.

I was kept up until 1am with people partying in the rooms next to the common room. I asked the duty manager to ask them to turn the music down this didn't happen. The signs say quiet after 10pm.

Large hostel with a pretty vibrant social scene when i was there. The staff were nice and the included internet was a big plus when compared to most other hostels in new Zealand. The layout of the rooms to the communal area can be annoying though as it can be very loud. The morning often left the place as a bit of a mess with the kitchen full of plate and tables covered.

I spent a very good time in this hostel! The reception staff was very friendly and happy to help us and was surprised by the cleanliness in the room, common area and bathroom. And I especially liked the bathroom very modern, new and clean. I really enjoyed my showers :). The room has lockers and was close to the kitchen and lounge, so easy to socialize with the other guest. So I would definitely come back to the Station backpackers!

perfect hostel for recovering from jetlag while still being very close to the city. Clean and good facilities but not the best place for socialising

1 2 Next » last »