The Stone Bridge Reviews

22 Shi Ban Qiao, Yangshuo, China

This hostel is a breath of fresh air, away from the craziness of Yangshou. The owners were really really nice and friendly. They were really lovely to chat with. Beautiful place!

Hands down the best place I stayed in China.... Hosts were amazing and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable, awesome breakfasts, great value for the money. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in yangshuo!!!

Nice and quiet place. Owners are very nice and helpful. Lots of services ("family dinner", bike renting, massage...). I was just a little surprise about the airport pickup service which is not really "pickup": you meet them in the city and they help you find the right bus, afterthought I am not sure it worths the money...

Hi, just to clarify, the "airport pickup/bus service" is not a service that we provide, that bus run is controlled by a private company and not run by the hotel. We offer to help guests to book seats on any bus that they may wish to catch and as its very confusing for guests to know which bus to catch , we, the stone bridge, provide an "escort" service and take our guests to the bus station and put them onto the right bus. WE DO NOT CHARGE for escorting guests to the bus, its a courtesy

The excellence of this place cannot be overstated: Jessy and Stephen are the friendliest people I met in Asia, and they know exactly how to go about doing any activity in the Yangshuo/Guilin area you might be interested in, be it a river cruise, renting motorbikes, scenic spots, or just walking in the surrounding villages. We stayed there 4 nights in mid-June. The place is about a 15 minute walk from Yangshuo proper, and that keeps it quiet and peaceful at all times of the day (and night).

• 13th Jun 2014

What can I say? Fantastic hostel run by a friendly couple. Jessie and ahLong are extremely helpful and make you feel welcome attending to your every needs. Felt more like a B&B. Single rooms are modern, spacious and clean. Jessie cooks the best Full English in China and their bread was very good. They are helpful in offering suggestions on places to visit. The hostel also organised my bus to Guilin and transported me to the bus stop. Excellent service!

Jessie and a long are very nice couple ,provide a lof of good travel suggestion to the guest ,and book the service in advance if you want ,the hotel is really like home ,and hygiene is very good ,you can chat with people from different country to talk with your travelling,your life ,it will be the best choice if you want to stay in yangshuo,i will book this hotel if i will go to yangshuo the next time,please do not miss it .thanks for beautiful landscape as well as friendly host

• 31st May 2014
  • China

I wish there was a category above excellent for staff because the owners are amazing! Very down to earth, helpful and charming. Jessy helped us plan each day, took care of bookings for us and Ah Long took us to the bus station. Amazing place! Don't stay anywhere else! And the breakfast is great in the morning.

• 30th Apr 2014

Great stay here for 3 nights. ahLong and Jessy are super helpful in planning anything you want and giving advice/recommendations. Will happily go back and recommend this place to others.

This was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at in China. As advertised, it was in a village that necessitated a walk along the river, but it was Quiet! The only sounds after the sun went down was a rare dog barking or the sounds of chickens. The hosts were excellent in getting me bus tickets, and were quite knowledgeable about the area. Services were always provided in a prompt and friendly fashion. The owners provided the necessary refrigerator for my medical needs as well.

This was the best hostel I've stayed at in China. Jessie and Along are very friendly and helpful, the location is mellow and peaceful but just a quick bike ride from town, the facilities are incredibly clean, and Jessie's cooking was fantastic. I highly recommend staying there.

Fantastic hostel. Steve is really a great host, always ready to give great advice and help you. He is really dedicated to ensure their guests have a great time. He even came with me a few times in town to help me hire a scooter or make sure I got on the right bus back to the airport. The location is really quiet, which is why I chose it at the first place, and that was certainly a great decision as in town it is way too noisy. You can also eat great breakfasts and other things.