The Strand Hotel Reviews

99 William St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia

No common room, very tiny dirty kitchen. Wifi is connected only in the smelly 10 people dorm...

The staff was unfriendly as hell and the athmosphere is terrible. Nobody speaks a word to each other, not even a simple "Hi" when meeting in the stairway... there are Bettler hostels for less money in Sydney!

I am "only" a backpacker, but I also have the right of a clean lifestyle. Everything was so dirty with mold and broken-down. I think the floor has never seen a vacuum cleaner, I noticed as I tried to walk barefoot. In the shared kitchen are a lot of signs, that you have to clean after yourself, but no one did. Not enough fridges for all people in the house and the kitchen on the rooftop closes at 10pm, so it wasn't usable for late working people. It was not possible to lock any toilet. :( :(

• 25th Nov 2014

The location is excellent, just 5 minutes to Kings Cross and 10 to George St. There's limited facilities, only 2 or 3 showers for girls and none of the toilet doors had locks! The kitchen area was flithy, the plates/cutlery set I rented was dirty when I got it and the oven/hob barely worked. It was a nice atmosphere because of the people staying but the staff were rude and unhelpful. You do get free wifi which was a bonus!

it was not all that bad especially if you want to save a dime in $idn€¥. When I checked in and went to see my room, there was a guy humping a girl. My appearance didn't seem to bother them. Later I found out that the girl wasn't a guest at all but selling her body for a free place to sleep. The kitchen/roof terrace basically had fridges and kitchen sinks, ah gee it wouldn't kill you to invest in a kettle and microwave. Fan in the room is welcome but a bit noisy (when you got the top bunk)

I stayed in the 10 beds dorm full of nice and friendly people with lots of room for the luggage. The bathrooms are clean, the staff really friendly and the view from the rooftop just great! I really enjoyed my stay!

Our door didn't lock, kitchen not equipment

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Showers, toilets and door lockers are broken.

• 21st Jul 2014

The shared kitchen was quite dirty. The door of the room was not very solid.

It was a fun week end although I had to pay 50 dollars for a key that i broke