The Strand Hotel Reviews

99 William St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia

Absolutely disgusting! Go to another hostel! Nothing is clean. Doors are not locked. No dishes in the kitchen. Holes in the mattress. I had a really bad allergic reaction after few hours in this room.

Nice place, good location, for the price you pay it worth it. The place is not sparkling but they try too keep it clean.

• 13th Apr 2015

The bed was not done even at my arrival so I had to wait to get it done first even though I arrived at 02:00pm instead of 10:00am.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Pakistan

Broken kitchen with no cutlery or cups/mugs. People hang out in the biggest dorm only. No fun to be had sorry used to be better years ago.

Awfull hostel! Everything was really dirty. You can't even close the window and curtains so a lot of noise and light. The long term guests are out of control and they have no bounderies. They let a friend of them stay in our room for 1 night, he was sleeping on the floor. We also saw one of the guys pie in the shower. The room was very small and didn't even have enough lockers. The fan above my head was disgusting, so was the kitchen. We didn't feel safe and you can't lock toilet or shower!

You get what you pay for!! The bottle shop is a bit terrible but the rooms are okay and everything is clean. The brekky is fantastic and they serve PINTS!

The laundry room inconveniently closed at midnight, sometimes earlier, and sometimes I needed to pick up or wash my clothes after then. If the hostel just didn't want people on the rooftop too late, couldn't the laundry room have its own separate door or entrance? Also, I didn't know what to do when I first arrived until the housekeeper chanced by and told me the reception desk was, oddly enough, at the bar. Every time I needed the receptionist, I had to wait for them to serve the bar customers.

• 24th Feb 2015

sorry but this ist the worst Hostel i've ever stayed. rats in the dorm was the top of it. Please invest money in cleaning. Travelers are also human beings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 17th Feb 2015

canceled my reservation on arrival date!!! it was made 3 weeks before!!! they said that they are full.... after 2,5 months still no money back.... never again " HostelWorld.com"

• 7th Feb 2015

As me and my back packing friend checked in at 10pm we were assured from another guest in the room that the hostel would bring us sheets, but when we returned from our night out we were left to sleep on a bare mattress. Not only did we not have a pillow but if it hadn't been for another guest taking down the curtain and putting it over me we would of had no cover either. their was no staff to ask for bedding from and we couldn't use the bathroom alone as it didn't lock. You get what you pay for.

• 7th Feb 2015