The Strand Hotel

Good 561 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2017
5.4

The hostel was incredibly unclean, the bathrooms had hair all over them, my sheets had makeup stains on them, the kitchen was absolutely disgusting. Whilst it was in a good location, I would not have stayed there if it wasn't for more than one night! It also advertised that it was newly renovated (September 2016) if that is so, they have obviously let this go very quickly, as the place was so dirty!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017
3.1

Worst hostel ever

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Mar 2017
2.3

The staff were unfriendly and flippant, and the room and battrions were disgustingly dirty. You could improve the service by vacuuming the rooms, giving guests blankets that aren't stained with urine and cleaning the bathrooms to avoid rust on the bins and wet floors with hair all over them

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017
7.4

Nice place to stay in Sydeny, close to Kings Cross and close to CBD. Nice atmosphere, with bar / restaurant downstairs and roof terrace. Service was good, helpful staff. Only negative thing: lock of the door was broken. Locks for the closets were provided for free, but still...

• tthomps1226
  • USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
1st Mar 2017
6.0

My family got denied and kicked to the curb in the rain. I failed to see the line where it said no one under 18 allowed to stay in the rooms. Therefore I cannot rate this high or low.

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2017

It was my first hostel I stayed in Sydney, It was not as bad as I had been told and I did not see any cockroach, everything was good. The hostel really closed to Hyde park so I could jog in the morning and came back to the hostel before I stared my trip. And the roof top was so nice but I did not spend much time there because of the rain.

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2017
3.7

don't usually write reviews but this place was the dirtiest me and my friends have ever stayed at! The kitchen was filthy and so was the outside communal area, which seemed to be full of guys smoking weed and wasting time. The room itself wasn't clean, full of rubbish under the bed and mucky mirrors. The fan only pushed around hot air and it basically became a sauna at night. The staff however were very nice and welcoming but the hostel was a let down.

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
13th Feb 2017
6.0

Not enough bathrooms and not clean.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
6.3

I only stayed one night. The room wasn't ready when I arrived (the late afternoon). The bathroom on my floor was locked so I had to use the other floor's shower. Also the room was really hot. The location is fine, quite close to the King's cross station and the hostel wasn't too noisy. Quite many long-termers I think - the price was quite low which was a plus.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
11th Jan 2017
6.9

It was okay. It has a nice location - not too far from the centre. A few cockroaches and not a nice small in one of the bathrooms. The bedrooms are unbelievable hot. Wifi is only available on the ground floor and a tiny bit in the first floor, and it is not very fast. Overall it was okay - we didn't spend much time in the hostel anyway, the bathrooms were better than some places and some of the staff were very friendly :-)