The Strand Hotel Reviews

99 William St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia

Showers, toilets and door lockers are broken.

• 21st Jul 2014

The shared kitchen was quite dirty. The door of the room was not very solid.

It was a fun week end although I had to pay 50 dollars for a key that i broke

• 4th Jul 2014

Wi fi doesn't work

the staff was very friendly and always here in case something was wrong, the room was always cleaned. Location of the hotel is very convenient and it makes it easy to go anywhere whether walking or by public transportation.

There were clear "No Smoking" signs EVERYWHERE. Yet my room reeked of cigarettes like someone had been chain smoking in there! Next after my long flight I was ready to crash right after checking in, 1 hour after check in some guy unlocks the door and walks into my room, no knock or nothing, HE HAD A KEY! I didn't see him on staff before or after that again.Lastly the wifi was completely unreachable from my room, and spotty even on the ground floor. When I asked the staff about it the shrugged.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Please have beds made for new arrivals.

Location is excellence. Trade off is quite noisy. No front desk, the bar staff do it. Some time bar customer will come up to hotel corridor. Make it a bit nasty

Was worried about going to a hostel in Sydney after hearing so many horror stories from people, but have to say enjoyed myself and would be more than happy coming again. For traveling on a budget the strand hotel is great value for your money. Thanx guys

• 20th Feb 2014