The Student Hotel Amsterdam West Reviews

Jan van Galenstraat 335, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the most amazing hostels I have ever stayed in I believe me I have stayed in many all over Europe. The staff was amazing and very accommodating and the atmosphere was purely brilliant. The location is about a 12 minute ride from the city center but I enjoyed the ride and views. Being on the subway let me see other areas of Amsterdam than just the city centre which I felt was important.

• 28th Dec 2015

The people at the reception were very helping . They greeted everyone with a smile and helped us in getting around Amsterdam. Would surely recommend this hotel to everyone

• 25th Dec 2015
  • India

It has a great collegiate atmosphere and has newnew and clean facilities for an excellent price.

• 10th Dec 2015

Everything was quite nice, however, I sent them two mails regarding my payment since it was 20 euros more than what I was expecting from the hostelworld price and they didn't reply (it's been two weeks).

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Iceland

The hostel is super new, clean, and well located. It is a huge hostel that seems to be an old business center converted into a hostel. We stayed in a private room, it was the largest, cleanest, and one of the cheapest rooms we stayed in out of the 5 hostels we stayed in during our trip. They have a great gym and great food. And there is a tram, metro, and bus station literally right across the street (so many hostels say that they are across from a tram station and are not, this one is :) )

Karina and Charissa are the best! Cheers from Argentina and thank you for all the help :)

A hotel at hostel prices & a hostel with hotel standards!! Superb. Next to a main train station (but without the noise!) and really easy to get to, and around from. A decent gym(!), pool tables, communal areas, loads of space, fantastic and helpful staff, great rooms (we had an ensuite and the bathroom was top notch), really clean throughout the whole building. Only thing we regret is that we were only staying one night, as we were using it as a stop-over. Definitely going to stay again!!

If I'd realised non students could do short stays I would have stayed for longer and could have saved myself some money doing so too but nonetheless I enjoyed my time there. Great place and staff.

• 28th Oct 2015

no kitchen.

• 24th Aug 2015

Everything was perfect but a smell of weed coming through the air conditioning. Not everybody comes to Amsterdam for that.

I liked the room and the hotel, it looks like a student accommodation (I had a single room, with my own bathroom, a big bed, bookshelves and desk), it was a bit dusty, but overall nice and clean. The only thing I wasn't happy with is that they don't accept cash, not even in the bar and I had to use my UK card even for a coffee. It's just next to the metro 50 station (2 stops to go to Sloterdijk, then one stop with a train to Amsterdam Central) and to bus and tram stops.

• 16th Aug 2015

I loved this place!!!!!! Such a beautiful clean hotel for such a reasonable price. Staff are friendly, food in the reasturamt was good, it was close to the tram, and you could rent bikes which was so awesome!