The Student Hotel Amsterdam West Reviews

Jan van Galenstraat 335, Amsterdam, Netherlands

No ac. Not a responsive staff. Shower didn't work properly. I alerted the staff however nothing was done to resolve the problem. Had to shower in my brothers room down the hall. Very inconvenient.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great facilities, good staff and food was quick:)

• 27th Jun 2015

Good locación

My Friend and I had a fantastic stay at the Student Hotel Amsterdam West. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean, and rooms/bathrooms were a good size for 2 people. It was really easy to get around on Amsterdam's tram/train system, so that was a definite plus. I wish the kitchen stayed open longer or that there was more reliable way to get food delivered, but other than that the stay was great!

• 20th Jun 2015

LOVED IT! incredible value for your money. Would 100% recommend

Majority of staff were really friendly and helpful, bathroom was nice but rooms are basic and kitchen facilities are only available if your stay is more than two weeks which we didn't know before we arrived. Location is poor (there is nothing around the hotel) but is very well connected to the city centre and the airport. If you're happy to eat out everyday and use public transport you'll like this hotel.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hi! Thanks for your review and the 4 stars! It’s good to know that you thought our staff were very friendly and helpful. The shared kitchen facilities are indeed only available if you book to stay here for two weeks or longer. Otherwise, booking a suite which has a private kitchen is always a possibility for guests. Another option is our onsite bar/restaurant for small bites, warm dinners or a late beer. We appreciate your review and would be happy to have you again! Carter Jones, Manager

This may sound strange and perhaps silly for someone who hasn't stayed at the hotel. The doors on the room although really heavy (so I assumed they would) did not shut all the way on their own when you left the room. With a normal house door you obviously lock it so you know it's shut, but as we left the room I thought the door would shut behind me. I came back after breakfast to find it was not fully shut.

nice relaxed place!good to chill and stay :)

• 6th Mar 2015

there is no heater inside, have to use the air conditioner.

The Student Hotel Amsterdam provided me and my companion with exactly what we wanted while we stayed in Amsterdam. It was nice being able to head downstairs for breakfast, lunch or dinner when we needed it. if we were feeling as though we wanted a lazy day we would play pool or ping pong downstairs. It was cheap enough to catch the tram into central Amsterdam plus the room provided us with a map of Amsterdam with things to do written on it. I would recommend this hotel to any student any day.

• 7th Jan 2015

Hi! I am very happy to see you fully enjoyed our hotel and its facilities! Thank you for sharing your positive experience among the HostelWorld community. We hope to welcome you back anytime soon! Thanks again, I wish you all the best for your next travels! Carter Jones, Manager