Fabulous 263 Total Reviews
Fabulous 263 Total Reviews
The Student Hotel Amsterdam West Located at Jan van Galenstraat 335, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Jan van Galenstraat 335
89% 263
52.3721407 4.8364627
    Rooms available

• Vietnam, Couple, 31-40
9th Aug 2016

It is so great, very comfortable and clean. We satisfied 100% with this hostel. We strongly recommend it to you if you intend to have trip in Amsterdam.

4th Aug 2016
6.9

Nice accommodation, rooms, bar, common room, gym etc. easy 20 min tram ride to the city! I was very unimpressed with the check-in though. They tried to charge my credit card without my permission, and emailed me to say they would cancel the booking after it obviously had no Euro on it. I replied and sorted it out, but upon being 30 mins late for check-in due to a late flight - they had cancelled it anyway. Lucky they had another room. Unprofessional in my opinion!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

Super cool hotel! It gives you the feel of a hostel with the amount of people out and about and the ease of hanging out with other travelers but the privacy and luxury of a hotel with your own room. Would definitely stay here again next time we're in Amsterdam !

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2016
6.9

Although it is quite far out the hostel overall is very nice and clean. A nice place to chill at the end of a busy day...

• England, Male, 31-40
30th Jul 2016

A very clean and modern hotel / hostel in the outer part of amsterdam though right next to tram stop that takes 15 minutes or so to the centre. Very friendly staff at reception, and hundreds of bikes at the basement to hire out. Everything was great. THe canteen serves basic standard food. All in all very good for what it is.

26th Jul 2016
8.0

Overall a good place. It is out of the city for a bit though, but it's not a long ride on the 13 metro. A bit understaffed. Every time I wanted something--a question or to request something, I had to queue for it by the front desk. It was very frustrating how I had to wait in line for people to finish checking in just for this. Also, it's a student hotel but I saw kids and a lot of older people, which I found to be a bit creepy. They should cap the age to keep it truly "students" hotel.

• Bulgaria, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016

This was the first hostel I've stayed in in my life. I am used to staying in hotels most of the times I go on vacation but this time I decided to try a hostel. I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean, well-organized and friendly this hostel looked. Everything from the lawns to the signs, from the cafeteria to the common room and from the hallways to the bedrooms was clean, well-maintained and inviting. The staff was extremely helpful and ready to assist. Definitely try this hostel!

• Egypt, Male, 31-40
21st Jul 2016

Amazing place for a very good price.I had a cozy bedroom with a private bathroom.desk and closets! Everything I need for a good short stay.convection,clean and quiet. The room was a little bit hot until the hotel staff provided me with a mini fan :) The location is perfect.steps from the hotel there is the tram way station and metro station.easily you can get the ticket from the machine next to metro station and take tram 13 to downtown( Dam station) which is like 20 minutes from the hotel.

17th Jul 2016

All fine, but the shower drainage could have been better. You couldn't shower for more than about 15 minutes without the water spilling over into the bathroom.

• England, Male, 41+
9th Jul 2016

very good however on the outskirts of town public transport is a must.