The Student Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

Jan van Galenstraat 335, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hotel - not just for srudents! We were impressed by the number of facilities: bar, gym, pool table, ping pong, chill out area, computer, lockers, bike rental,... Great atmosphere! Only hitch: a bit far from city center but easily reachable by tram.

It's the best hostel I slept in, the room was clean, nice and a comfortable bed. The only downside is that it's too far from the city center. It is easy to find with public transportation and that's why it's a good hostel for people who want to be in their room around 12 o clock but if you want to check out the nightlife off Amsterdam than it's too far away.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hi! I stayed in room 2622 last week and the shower handle was loose. Other than that everything was wonderful, thank you!

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room for 4 nights and loved the place. I was expecting it to dirty and hostel-like but it felt like a hotel, much nicer. The room was small, but perfect for what we were there for. The one downside is that it is about a 20 minute tram ride from the central station, but we got the 96 hour pass for the teams and it was perfect and only 21€. I definitely recommend this hotel. There are ping pong tables, bball court and other fun stuff there too

I loved this place. Fun and energetic in the lounge/cafe areas, chill and peaceful up by the guest rooms. Location is a bit far from things, but with super convenient public transportation. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The facilities at the hotel are really nice. They have everything you need for your stay there. The hotel is a bit outside of the city but easy enough to travel to. I would have liked to stay at a hostel in the city but it was a nice second option with everything else booked.

The kitchen was filthy. I understand students live there, but tourists might wanna make use of it too and don't like to find it like that.

Friendly staff. 9.50 euro buffet breakfast. Clean, quiet and comfortable bedroom with shower. Right next to Metro Station. Easy to get to from airport once you figure out the train schedule. Lots of perks like ping pong table, reading area, basketball court and an elevator.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in the middle of July. It's a really nice place and reasonably priced. I would recommend hiring bikes from them as the location isn't ideal and is a bit out!

The hostel was a little far out of town (about 20 minutes on the tram) but the room was spacious and clean. The staff weren't particularly knowledgeable about the tourist attractions (eg how to book tickets for the anne frank house and when the best time to visit is). Additionally, I was charged for my stay using the card I payed the deposit with before I even arrived. This was annoying as I wanted to pay the remainder on a different card to avoid a foreign currency charge.

An amazing place to stay between young people but also with older tourists. WOonderfuuuuulll! :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Very good. The room was a double private ensuite. It was spotless, plenty of storage and wełl secured. There were kitchen facilities for every group of rooms. At the reception area there was a library area, gym, pingpong table and a bar/restaurant. Not quite the true backpacker experience, more of a luxury traveller. Ideal for a couple content with their own company. Great value for money, but a 15 minute tram from the town centre and sights. Right beside a stop for trams and metro.

The hotel is really nice and funky. However, our room was given to someone else - this was a bit of a shock in the middle of the night. You can only pay using card, including buying food from the restaurant, which I found a bit annoying. Staff were fine but not overly helpful, gave us no map or advice on how to get into town. FYI- Get the tram into town and not the metro, its far quicker and easier.

This was a good place to stay the only down side was the location, a bit far from the center so you have to take a tram or metro which gets a bit more complicated at night in the late hours.

Only one problem we had - its no possibility to pay for the hostel by cash. For only 22,5 euro per person and per day we had good twin apartments with shower and good furniture. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Really good hotel considering what we paid. Perfectly situated right outside both the tram and metro station and very easily accessible to the city centre within 20 min. Would highly recommend it.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

We stayed in a double room with private bathroom. This place was a 20-30 minute tram ride from the city centre in a dull part of town. With the money that you will spend on public transport getting in and out of the city, do yourself a favour and pay that extra bit more for closer, better accommodation. The rooms were clean but basic. The staff were not very helpful - when we reported that our TV and the communal water cooler were broken, nothing was done about it. The common room was great

train, underground, tram very close to this place

Very technologically advanced hotel with a lot of different resources (food, bikes available etc.). Also a very good location that is right next to the tram stops that go into the city.

Clean room with cooking possibility. Lounge with billiard tables, couches and table tennis. Little restaurant with affordable meals. Near to the tram and metro, 15 mins to city center with tram.

• 28th Apr 2014