The Student Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

Jan van Galenstraat 335, Amsterdam, Netherlands

there is no heater inside, have to use the air conditioner.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • China

The Student Hotel Amsterdam provided me and my companion with exactly what we wanted while we stayed in Amsterdam. It was nice being able to head downstairs for breakfast, lunch or dinner when we needed it. if we were feeling as though we wanted a lazy day we would play pool or ping pong downstairs. It was cheap enough to catch the tram into central Amsterdam plus the room provided us with a map of Amsterdam with things to do written on it. I would recommend this hotel to any student any day.

• 7th Jan 2015

Upon arrival, we were told we had already paid on card via direct debit, rather than paying the remainder up front, like hostelword told us. Also, we were given a key card for a room which was already occupied and had other people's belongings in!!! Other than these bad points, the hotel staff were really friendly, the hotel is really modern, clean and the facilities look great, even though I didn't use them. This hotel doesn't accept cash! So remember to bring a card.

• 6th Jan 2015

A little pricy but you absolutely get what you pay for. Feels more like you're staying in a hotel rather than a hostel.

Was such good value for money and made a real change from the hostels I'm used to, but with with the same vibe. Transport links real easy from town. Really enjoyed my stay. Only draw back is the resterant and bar only take card, so as a traveler working in cash couldn't get anything there and because I was only staying a couple of days couldnt use the kitchens either. But there is a supermarket just accross the road that sorted that out. Ill deff be going back.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

An excellent hotel, the room big and clean! It's as u can see it in pictures!A perfect choice for young persons.It's not in the city center but it's not far at all with the bus or metro...I definitely recommend it!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Greece

I loved this hotel in general and would have rated it much higher if we didn't have such a terrible experience. One night we came back to the room and it looked like they had stopped halfway through cleaning the room. The bed was completely stripped with new (questionable) and old sheets and towels on a pile on the floor near the door and the stripped comforter and pillows pilled on top of the chair. The best the reception could do was say, "that's weird" and we made the bed ourselves. Gross.

This is a nice hotel, but it was not exactly what I was expecting. This is mostly my fault. It is not a hostel, but a hotel. I think booking it on hostelworld, and the name 'Student Hotel', confused me. I only stayed one night, which was plesant enough. I unbooked the rest of my stay before transfering to a hostel near the city center. The staff was very helpful and there was no problem to unbook. Restaurant has a nice vibe.

Your staff, facilities, atmosphere, everything is awesome! I¨ll be back :)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

I had a great stay. It's a student residence so it's packed with young chatty people, the room I stayed in was awesome, they cleaned up every two days, there is a gym, a bar and some nice chill areas with pool and ping pong. The rooms have wifi and plenty of space so you don't have to live out of your bag. Staff were friendly and helpful at all hours. It is a little far from the center (10 mins on tram) and that restricts you to a 12 pm curfew or an all nighter . Otherwise rad.

Amazing stay at the Student Hotel! The rooms were clean, modern and we even got given an upgrade to a suite on arrival which was nice. Bed was super comfy, POWER shower was awesome and plenty of space. A small kitchenette in our room but nothing to actually cook with - I suppose that's mostly for the longer term students. No safe in the rooms either so don't expect that. Bar was nice, VERY cheap compared to central Amsterdam. They ONLY take card though so your cash will be useless there!

• 3rd Nov 2014

The location is way out of the main city center. You will have to take the tram back into town everyday if your a visiting tourist like us. We only stayed one night and ended up staying somewhere right in the city center or roughly the same price. However the student hotel was immaculately clean with great facilities.

Location out of town but just next to tram stop so easy to get to. Great rooms, friendly staff and atmosphere. Would stay again!

Nice spatious rooms, ascetic but clean. Appears a bit like a hospitality factory rather than a cosy hostel but often that's all you want while you come for the city not the hotel. The hotel is a bit outside the centre but easily reached by tram or bicycle which you can rent for EUR 9. A downside was the party at the hotel which let us hear the base deep into the night, not very loud however at our backside room.

i travelled by myself, i appreciate the private room rather than all else, just want to keep calm after a whole day tired traveling, that's exactly what i got here, the room is clean, and the bathroom is even rather like a 3 star or 4 star hotel, which is quite important to me. i saw the menu of the canteen, it's not expensive et of lots of choices, but haven't tried, but it means if you get back late, you can still get something not bad to eat.

We liked The Student Hotel very much and had a pleasent stay. Its facilities are great and the breakfast buffett in the morning was more than satisfying / saturating. You can choose from 2 different kind of cheese and ham, all kind of fruit jam, honey, syrup, together with toast or baguette rolls, they also have cereals and yogurt. Location was also very good. You can catch a train or the metro right in front of the hostel. We will definitely return one day.

Nice, different kind of hotel. A bit far from the city centre it takes about 15-20 minutes by tram. Pool tables and ping pong were a refreshing extra. Nothing special or luxurios but if you are just staying a night the Student Hotel is a proper option.

Great hotel - not just for srudents! We were impressed by the number of facilities: bar, gym, pool table, ping pong, chill out area, computer, lockers, bike rental,... Great atmosphere! Only hitch: a bit far from city center but easily reachable by tram.

It's the best hostel I slept in, the room was clean, nice and a comfortable bed. The only downside is that it's too far from the city center. It is easy to find with public transportation and that's why it's a good hostel for people who want to be in their room around 12 o clock but if you want to check out the nightlife off Amsterdam than it's too far away.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hi! I stayed in room 2622 last week and the shower handle was loose. Other than that everything was wonderful, thank you!