The Student Hotel Rotterdam Reviews

Willem Ruyslaan 223-225, Rotterdam, Netherlands

I stayed there for 2 nights. It was too short! I will came back next time when I visit Amsterdam again,

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

What a cool idea for a hotel! Would love to stay there for a semester! Unfortunately never had time to use the ping pong or billards table! The room was great and clean, unfortunately the microwave didn't work so it was annoying that we paid extra for a kitchenette but couldn't use it. We went down to the lobby to ask for help/notify the staff and they were not very friendly or helpful. Also the breakfast buffet is adequate but not really worth 7,75. Overall though great place!

I had an amazing time in there. Very good value for money. It is not situated so close to the city center, but we managed to walk back and forth. Our room was lovely and we even had kitchen facilities.

Best hotel ever!I didn't expect to Rotterdam to be so good.It is a very peacefull city and the hotel's location,staff,room,common areas,wifi,transportation so everything was perfect.The guy in the reception even talk to us our language,he was so friendly.I will definetly come back!❤️

The staff were absolutely wonderful, to the extent that my overseas credit card wouldn't work in the parking meters outside (cash is not accepted), so one staff member used his own card and I reimbursed him.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The rooms and facilities are excellent and if you want to stay in a hotel on a budget, it's highly recommended. However, it's so huge and impersonal that if you are after a hostel vibe, this is not the place for you. My biggest criticism is that everything has to be paid for by card (even a cup of coffee in the cafe!) so if you can't use your bank card for free (i.e. most people not within the Euro zone), expect extra unnecessary costs. The management need to rethink this policy.

Excellent value for money, all the advantages of a hostel with a great community feel and no awkward standard hotel rules, all with the privacy of having your own room. Big thumbs up! I will not think twice next time I go to Rotterdam, definetly booking there again!

• 20th Jul 2015

Nice and clean ho(s)tel. Room has airco so that is great in these hot days here. Staff were nice and helpfull. A lot of facilities in the hotel. It has the backpackers hostel atmosphere but with the luxury of a three/four star hotel.

Thanks for your super positive review! Very happy to read you enjoyed our facilities. We love your description of our hotel, a mix between luxe and backpackers atmosphere! Hope to see you soon! Thomas.

We can't say much about this actual hotel because we got transferred on arrival due to an over-booking situation. However, the common areas and bar, etc. looked really stylish and there was a nice buzz about the place. Looked very hip and fun, but was a bit to far to walk to the center of town. We were actually happy to be transferred to another hotel since it was much closer to the action, although I feel this place would have been nice in all other aspects if location isn't a concern.