The Surf Hostel Reviews

Taghazout, Taghazout, Morocco

To repeat what no doubt plenty of others travellers have already said over the year, this was a cool place to hang out. Breakfast included in an already decent price and even surf hire was very reasonable for board and wet-suit. Had an epic road trip to Paradise Valley with some others in the hostel and driven by Yousef. (Thank you Yousef for how you looked after the mountain puppy). Please continue to do good. Samir was equally accommodating and I wish the brothers the best in the future. SR

Good place and cool spot. Met lots of cool people staying there. Only problem was their dog. I found a rotting piece of boney flesh like a dog chew thing in my suitcase, so im assuming the dog dropped it in when it was open on my bed. Didnt find it for days and wondered why everything i had reeked. Cleaned my bag, found it and had to throw out some clothes it smelled so bad. So yeah. Good hostel but the pets shouldn't be in the guest rooms. Oh, and locals are annoying to surf with. No respect.

• 8th Dec 2015

I booked for 3 days and stayed for a month, mostly cos of the atmosphere being so awesome, it's really chilled and personable. It's less like a hostel and more like a family of surfers. We had some great nights of hanging out and listening to music, sharing stories and drinks, playing games and finding surf. Of all the other hostels in town I got the sense from other people in town that there weren't better atmospheres than this one. Breakfast is pretty good, always on time, and yum.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The vibe and atmosphere at this hostel was incredible! The roof top has an majestic view of Taghazout and the surrounding surf breaks. If your looking for a hostel with a relaxed yet interactive and helpful staff this is the place to stay, whether it's finding a fun activity, the best places to eat or what secret surf spot will be best in the afternoon the staff always have plenty of information to guide you. Also lots of great tasting meals on offer at the hostel and the rooms are very tidy.

• 11th Nov 2015

Amazing staff, amazing food! The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Perfect location and excellent roof top terrace view of the beach and the village!

The atmosphere, the people, the pets made it very difficult for us to leave The Surf Hostel. Taghazout is a spectacular place that I would love to return to. Sunsets on the water and millions of stars, beautiful.

Very fun hostel to meet other people. Loved the pets and the overall atmosphere was so relaxing and chilled. The people really made this hostel! Great stay and wished I could have stayed for longer

Where do i begin! Free Breakfast every morning cooked by the very gifted sous chef Yassin who is currently in training with the Mr. Miyagi of Moroccan cuisine, Mohammed. The bathrooms have a beautiful blend of the notable interior designer Philippe Starck and the infamous 'final room' from the James Wan film "Saw". Planned on staying 3 days. Stayed for a week. The also have an array of exotic animals: Kirra the Dog Ginger the Cat Shisha the Kitten Franklin the Turtle Sonic the Hedgehog

• 24th Aug 2015

Loved my stay in Taghazout. Super relaxed little town, awesome hostel atmosphere and fun people. Only downside was that on Sunday there were 3 of us who wanted to go surfing but we couldn't go because no one would take us. They didn't really give us a reason either, which is a bit disappointing since it IS a surf hostel. Other than that it was great though, definitely one of my favourite hostels in morocco so far!

Very cool hostel. Loved the surfing! Met loads of cool people here. Breakfast is pretty epic too.