The Surf Hostel Reviews

Taghazout, Taghazout, Morocco

Amazing staff, amazing food! The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Perfect location and excellent roof top terrace view of the beach and the village!

The atmosphere, the people, the pets made it very difficult for us to leave The Surf Hostel. Taghazout is a spectacular place that I would love to return to. Sunsets on the water and millions of stars, beautiful.

Very fun hostel to meet other people. Loved the pets and the overall atmosphere was so relaxing and chilled. The people really made this hostel! Great stay and wished I could have stayed for longer

Where do i begin! Free Breakfast every morning cooked by the very gifted sous chef Yassin who is currently in training with the Mr. Miyagi of Moroccan cuisine, Mohammed. The bathrooms have a beautiful blend of the notable interior designer Philippe Starck and the infamous 'final room' from the James Wan film "Saw". Planned on staying 3 days. Stayed for a week. The also have an array of exotic animals: Kirra the Dog Ginger the Cat Shisha the Kitten Franklin the Turtle Sonic the Hedgehog

• 24th Aug 2015

Loved my stay in Taghazout. Super relaxed little town, awesome hostel atmosphere and fun people. Only downside was that on Sunday there were 3 of us who wanted to go surfing but we couldn't go because no one would take us. They didn't really give us a reason either, which is a bit disappointing since it IS a surf hostel. Other than that it was great though, definitely one of my favourite hostels in morocco so far!

Very cool hostel. Loved the surfing! Met loads of cool people here. Breakfast is pretty epic too.

This is a great hostel if your looking for a place with laid back vibes, super delicious food and surfing. The crew here were able to answer any and all my questions. Everyone who works here are amazing cooks (you will not be disappointed) They drove us to the best places to surf for avid surfers and beginners everyday and offered great rental equipment for a great price. I will defiantly be back in the winter when the swell gets bigger! Thanks to everyone at The Surf Hostel you made my trip!!!!

• 12th Aug 2015

We really enjoyed our stay there, it was so nice and chilled! The staff where all really friendly and laid back. They took us to the best places to surf each day and cooked us an amazing bbq on the roof terrace. We also really enjoyed playing with te cutest puppy that lives there! Beds comfy and showers good. Roof terrace really nice. Thanks :)

• 8th Aug 2015

They cook great meals so make sure you have dinner there.. (Also try a restaurant called sunset for their veggie burgers!)

The dorm was a bit dirty. And there was nowhere to lock up valuables either. Also, they really need to put in a doorbell because on multiple occasions I was locked out and had to bang on the door for several minutes before being heard and let inside. Positives were a big and yummy breakfast, a comfortable rooftop terrace with a nice view, cute animals and cheap surf rentals and lessons.