The Tent Munich Reviews

In den Kirschen 30, Munich, Germany

I loved this place. Best staff, best atmosphere. Bonfires at night. But forced in bed by 1am so nobody ever gets obnoxiously drunk. Best you experience this place for yourself. It made my stay in munich.

Ye it was alright

• 17th Sep 2014

It is a little bit away from the center, It gets really cold at night that is why they give you like 5 blankets and no pillow. I do love the bonfire every night where everyone just get together and sit and you just meet people which is the best part but the facilities are really clean and great atmosphere but they do put out the fire at 1 am and they were pretty rude about that.

Amazing atmosphere! Great staff and cheap beer!

Great fun place to stay! Bit far out of the city but perfect if your not bothered by getting a short tram. Would recommend staying a few nights here and getting amongst the fun. Cheap beers and a good laugh. Loved it

Fun place, one of the more amusing stops this trip. Lots of blankets are required, or better yet, someone to spoon with. Can get very cold. The awesome bonfire helps tho! The wifi is pretty poor and they closed the kitchen a full week before Oktoberfest started (with no notice at booking) meaning we had to buy all our food out. Despite all that I highly recommend The Tent because it is a fun, hilarious experience.

A big tent and you have to prepare your own sleeping bag. It rained when I stayed here so that the bed was very moist. But thanks to the warm staff who gave me 5 blankets so that I didn't feel cold that night. There is no wifi in the tent and you have to go to the cafeteria to charge your devices. The tent is a little far from city center, about 25 mins by tram and bus 17 because of the construction.

I had the most amazing time at The Tent. I had my doubts when booking for here, but once I arrived I kept extending my stay. The atmosphere was my favorite thing about this place; the homemade dinners, cozy hang out/dining area, and outstanding hospitality were the best parts. Everybody here, both staff and other travelers alike, was so warm and friendly. The bathrooms are also impeccably clean (probably cleaner than most hostels I've stayed at), so at 12 euros a night...it really can't be beat.

Great stay and incredible atmosphere and staff. Vey unique experience (for us at least) compared to any other place we stayed in many different hostels. A little out of the city centre, only 10-15 mins by public transport with short walk. Good cafe/eating area. Internet gets slowed in evening with 100 very often I'm sure; so understandable. No privacy, but that's the style. Staff is great for suggestions on what to do in Münich and as you head to other cities. Will stay again if in Münich!

The campfire makes it complete! And all the Beautifull people, from all around the world!

• 5th Sep 2014

Friendliest staff, cleanest toilets ive come across, overall epic place to stay in.

Be sure to read information about this hostel as it's very unusual: it consists of several big tents with like 50 two-storeyed beds and lockers, so in your room may be sleeping like 100 people (also there were another tents with less people). Everything else is of quite good quality - clean bathrooms, toilets, area around hostel. Also very nice is that it has quite big area which really looks like park so atmosphere was really superb and super-friendly.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

Awesome staff. Great atmosphere. Cheap food and beer. Decent, clean kitchen and bathroom facilities. Slept in the beds and on the floor. Would reccomend beds over floor, but overall we had a blast :) Needs an atm though!

Fantastic place,really fun, a great atmosphere and there is a camp fire to sit round which is great for meeting fellow travellers! Nice and cheap as well.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Such a lovely place with beautiful staff, amazing food, showers and most of all the most incredible atmosphere, I met great people constantly there and you can easily spend the whole day lounging about the area, playing ping pong, badminton, eating or drinking at the cafe etc. I already want to go back! Location is a little out of town but not enough to be an issue, especially in such a gorgeous setting. Close by is nymphenburg palace as well which is pretty nice . Great value as well!

Awesome, cool place, sweet folk.. Vielen dank!!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

It has a great kitchen and great cafe and wedding machines. The staff were really friendly and there is internet access. The only thing is that it gets cold in the tent sometimes and some people got drunk and ran around on to of all the beds one night at 2am. Other than that though it was great.

I know the showers are short to save money /water, but the timer is nowhere near long enough to allow a decent shower. Other than this, the camp fire, atmosphere and staff were wonderful. Thank you!

The Tent was an unusual place to stay. However, if you're into meeting new people- this is the place to come. I would recommend staying more than one night so you can soak in the atmosphere of this place. We only stayed the night and felt slightly pushed out by the main "gap yahhh" group of people. However, people are very friendly and I spoke to a range of people. It is quite a bit out of Munich city centre- however the tram 17 takes you pretty much to outside with an added 2 mins walk.

i really like the idea of the tent hostel there are live music and campfire and the atmosphere is great! i would love to go there again when i travel to munich in the future

• 23rd Aug 2014