The Tent Munich Reviews

In den Kirschen 30, Munich, Germany

Wanted to find out what it's like In a 100 bed dorm. I now know. It's not too bad. It's a little out of town but get a tram and/or bus. This place is more of a campsite but still was a really social place. The food the cook is nice too.

Loved the atmosphere of this place, met so many lovely people, they had a lovely campfire. I was a bit dubious staying in a tent with 100 people but there is safety in numbers! Yummy food, cheap beer and wine. Showers aren't the best first thing in the morning but they never are when you are camping. Overall the character and atmosphere made up for any of it's small flaws.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Gibraltar

What a cool place! It's a lot of bodies in one huge tent but not bad. Only complaint is that if you have long hair don't go on a bottom bunk, the springs from the top bunk with pull your hair out! For the price and location, you can't beat it! Will return for sure!

I was so nervous coming here. Then after three nights I didn't want to leave!! You must experience The Tent! Was like a little community. I will definitely be back. Had so much fun. Great clean facilities, AMAZING lovely staff, great experience. A tip, bring earplugs, I slept with earplugs and had no problem :) Can not wait to return!

For what you're paying you can't complain at all. The roaring fire and people with guitars singing made it a really good atmosphere!

The bathrooms and showers were extremely clean. I found the staff slow and almost annoyed if you had to call them over when they weren't at reception. I didn't find it as social as I thought for a solo traveller. Everyone seemed to be in their own groups. Pay the 2 euro extra to sleep in a bed, the dons you get for the floor is like a yoga mat.

Overall the experience was good. Nice place to kick back and relax with the basics in life. Only setback is, it is located quite far from the city centre so those of you without your own transport, consider twice....

The atmosphere at the tent is great and the service is excellent, given the price. definitely recommended to any traveller who is able to adapt himself a little. Best choice of value for money

• 8th Aug 2014
  • cmrt495588

We ended up cancelling our reservation for another place in Munich and staying at the tent instead due to word of mouth. We were not disappointed. The staff is wonderful, the cafeteria serves fantastic, well priced food and the atmosphere is great! Only complaint is get better wifi!

Great hostel if you're on a budget. Don't expect to find any luxury of course, it is quite simple. Basically you'll find a bed to sleep and may meet some people in the loads of leisure activities that is offered in the hostel. Breakfast is good, but get ready to be freezing during the night and no plugs close to your bed to charge your cell phone.

I enjoyed my three day stay in The Tent, it was a really friendly place, and the atmosphere was great. I particularly liked the fires in the evening and the friendliness of the people staying there, the staff were very friendly as well. My only suggestion for anyone staying would be to bring your own sleeping bag, or to ask for extra blankets as it is very cold in the tent at night. Other than that, I loved staying there, and it was the highlight of my trip to Munich.

• 6th Aug 2014

Amazing place, is a bit far of the city but you can get public transport at any time. Best atmosphere, staff and guest were so nice. It's truly an unique experience, breakfast was good and cheap, facilities all clean and the price couldn't be better. Give up a little comfort if you want to have a very unique and different experience! Loved it.

Good atmosphere! Staff were excellent. Bit out the way but easily get the tram! Fantastic little camp site. Reasonable time for a curfew, surprisingly a good nights sleep!

In all honesty I suppose you get what you're paying for. But honestly when a hostel doesn't even provide pillows to guests and consistently has no form of sound barriers, I'm not going to be comfortable. Not only that but the staff were unfriendly and apprehensive to provide any help, only finding out on the final day of 3, that you were able to use powering the cafeteria. Unfortunately for me it felt segregated in terms of people staying and integrity.

• 4th Aug 2014

I read the reviews on this and just couldn't believe someone would say "magical," but I absolutely agree! When we arrived, it was dark already, so the white lights were twinkling and there was a band playing. I felt like we were entering a different world... It is (by far) not a fancy place to stay. Its a tent. If you are prepared to stay in a TENT, you will absolutely love it. I considered myself camping, and therefore thought the place was amazing. Have an open mind! Have fun!

I stayed two nights here and loved it. The vibe was great, and it was nice to just relax and hangout. They also had cheap food which was good so we didn't have to leave to eat. Also the bonfires at night were a plus. After staying in so many cities the camping vibe was refreshing.

Great atmosphere. Campfire was awesome. Fun to change it up a little bit and sleep in a 100 person tent.

Was awesome. The staff is so cool and the atmosphere too. The place is very Nice.

The atmosphere was amazing, you can meet there alot of travelers and new friends.

• 31st Jul 2014

One of the most unique places I have stayed at. While the beds are basic and you share with a hundred others under one big canvas, the atmosphere is fantastic, the staff are friendly, and the food and drink is really cheap. The evening campfires are really sociable and the whole place is very chilled and bohemian. I would definitely recommend staying here either in a group or as an individual!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5