The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Very few bad words to say about this place. Staff very friendly and helpful, will help to book activities such as adventure sports for you. Facilities good, location a tiny bit out of town but there are regular buses that come free with the hostel. Very happy with my time here.

I really enjoyed tent village. What sold it for me was the atmosphere and the staff. I was not a fan of the rickety beds which shook and were difficult to get up. Still, if you realize that its more like camping, its good. People are very friendly and the bar area is cool. Tulia Andy and Peter were great! Loved Interlaken and would go back.

Would definitely stay here again!! Amazing location a little far from center but great views and atmosphere. Tents did heat up during the day and beds were a bit squeaky but not bad. Lockers available to rent or use if you have your own lock. Staff was nice and helpful with information about exploring the towns and mountains. Meet some cool people and made great memories!

This place is amazing. The tent village is the perfect was to see Interlaken. Hot tub, Swimming pool, Outdoor bar, all at the base of the mountains its amazing!! Really good place to meet other travellers as well, i arrived as a single traveller, on the first day met people and went hiking with them the next. Its a really good atmosphere and really really good value for money. Shout out to the Staff aswell they are amazing, Julia and Peter!! Thanks for an amazing stay!

It was amazing, recommended place to stay.

Stayed here for one night. Wifi sucked but everything else was fine. Beds were surprisingly comfy and there were plenty of toilets and showers. We would stay here again.

Absolutely fantastic place and people! There is no other place with such gorgeous views and such a unique living situation. If you are going to Interlaken, you MUST stay at the tent village!

• 10th Jul 2015

The price for this hostel is a rip off for what you get. The buck beds are horrible, not security to leave stuff inside the tents.

Cool place to stay. Feel like linens should be included in the price. Bed was really comfortable and bathrooms were clean.

There was a private event on the night we stayed- not much of an atmosphere in the bar and we were warned 'not to eat their buffet' as we arrived and encouraged to go to the sister hostel instead. Some curious guests kept peeking in our tent. A warning about the private party would have been appreciated. The swimming pool/hot tub was dirty looking. One female member of staff was very friendly but the guy in charge was a bit short with the guests. Linen not included either.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

maybe I got unlucky, but both nights I stayed there, were groups taking over the common areas, not very social, especially a private party taking place there, the hostel is brilliant though,a jacuzzi with that view is really amazing. you obviously can't stay in the tent during the day in summer as it gets super hot. But it cools down very fast in the evenings.

Ah....you were here on the 4th July.. we did have a group unfortunately and recommended all the other guests come and join the 4th July festivities at the main hostel to avoid the private party.Next time you come please mail me and I will be able to tell you if we have groups then or not :-)) Safe travels!

I thought the tent village was very nice. The tents got cool at night and people were respectful and quiet. This is a good place to meet and interact with people, but the common area closes at 10 so you can still get good sleep!

You can see great views from the tent village. It has a cozy atmosphere and you can easily spend an afternoon there.

interesting hostel in a beautiful location. Really cheap for something in Switzerland, would recommend if you're on a tight budget! This is essentially on a camping ground so don't expect anything too crazy fancy but it's definitely a fun time

The village has a picturesque location surrounded by the mountains, close to restaurants, close to the main hubs of several outdoor-adventure companies, and across the street from two grocery stores. Our private tent was a great deal price-wise, everything was very clean considering it is a tent village, and the communal areas create a fun/friendly atmosphere. They could use more and larger lockers, a larger communal refrigerator, and fans.

Happy to hear you had a good time, yes fans would have been helpful during the heat wave which we were not expecting! Thanksfully it has cooled down to our normal summer temperatures.

Loved this hostel. Its alot better than the main balmers which has a lame club. Only thing is there should be an age limit. I didnt like little kids running around and waking me up at 7 am and jumping in the hot tub/pool. They should def have a 18 year old age limit.

Pros: not expensive for Switzerland. You can see mountains from the camp grounds. The staff is really nice. You get a free bus card. Has a pool, has games and tight rope. Really feels like a community. Store right across the street. Cons: during the day the tents get hot! I recommend taking a cold shower before bed so you don't feel too hot. The wifi isn't that good. But yeah I had a lot of fun here I made some new friends from other countries, and it's close to a beautiful lake. Stay here

Thanks for the review, I agree the tents get hot during the day, especially during the heat wave we were experiencing, glad you found a solution of a cold shower!

Nice place to saty and have fun .

We enjoyed our stay at The Tent Village. It's located a little bit away from the main part of town, but the bus was easy to use. The grocery across the street was nice as well. The facilities were good. Although quiet hours started at 10pm, we had a couple of nights with loud guest. Overall we enjoyed out stay.

One of the best Hostels I've stayed at so far. I love how it's right beside the grocery store and how we can use the other Balmer's hostel for free. There's lots to do for free from hiking up a mountain to mountain biking on the small pump-track to spending time in the hot tub. Beer was only 55 cents for tallboy (500mL) and there's an event at Balmer's Herberge every night. Barely spent any extra money in my 3 days there and had more fun than any other city overall.

• 24th Jun 2015

Thanks for the indepth review, I hope it helps other travellers! :-0 Safe travels!