The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Well it is located at the mountain and field view.. I like it a lot! And you can see people playing with the Paragliding, I tried it myself too. You can access to everywhere by bus, do ask for the destination and bus number, it is very easy. Please go for the Lake Brienz or Lake Thun by cruise, another great experience.

The tent located at an excellent place and has a great view around ,I would like to recommend here to my friends!!!

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Taiwan

Amazing location with incredible views of the Swiss Alps. Bar area with hot tub is really cool. However, relatively expensive considering you're staying in a very basic tent?

Extremely clean.. actually better than some indoor hostels! We stayed in a private dorm and really enjoyed it. The only problem was that I would reverse how you have your dorms set up. You have your DORMS in the back part of the area and the PRIVATE ROOMS in the front part. I would reverse that, as the people staying in the dorms want to hang out and be a bit more loud, as the people staying in the private ones may prefer to be a bit more secluded... plus it is louder near the front area.

This place is amazing!!!! The staff are awesome and I had such a good time here. We ended up staying an extra night because we loved it that much

If you are looking for a good atmosphere and nice people to meet - this is the place. planed to stay for a day and ended up staying for three. It's a very nice hostel and it is planed very good so you have almost every thing the same as in a regular hostel. showers are a bit cold at night so plan to take one in the morning. also it's a bit far from the city center (bus or 20 min walk).

Completely recommend this hostel. Doesn't even feel like a hostel. Nice clean tents, nice bathrooms, and a GREAT view.

• 14th Aug 2013

Been traveling for a month and a half and this was our favorite hostel so far! Right in the mountains beside a horse farm, awesome atmosphere and everyone is way friendlier than everywhere else we've been. Super clean, big cozy blankets, and good location right beside the mountains. Hammocks, clean hottub, pool, bar. We wanted to stay forever

This accomodation suits only bachelors. For family, this is strictly not recomented. Because: 1) There is no security 2) Noise always 3) Very cold inside 4) Not cleaned

Unique place to stay : cool to stay in tents in the mountains; bring something warm: gets cold at night. also bring your own lock for lockers people had a lot of trouble with the pay ones. The hostel could benefit from providing a list of activities and directions on how to get to those places. you are kinda on your own with that. overall cool experience. great location with grocery store and bus stop across the street DO the PARAGLIDING

It was a nice and convenient location, the facilities were not great (no kitchen) but you could go down the street to the other hostel which was useful. Would recommend it for a good cheap hostel.

we came here for 2 days its now been 10. its absolutely beautiful good vibes and the staff are awesome special shout out to Kerstin and Andi. will definatly be back again

We are first time tent experience, and it is a great moment staying there. We have booked for a private room and it's cleanliness beyond our expectation. Toilet are good value for what you paid. It's is only 3 or 4 bus stop away from interlaken west to alight at overland shopping, rather far if you are traveling with your luggage which is about 20minutes walk.overalll a good experience!

• 11th Aug 2013
  • Malaysia

BEST HOSTEL EVER

The facilities were very poor.The Cot provided was shaking and we could not sleep entire night.When we enquired about this hotel staff told us this is a cheap accommodation and nothing more should be expected. Room was full of leeches and snails.Night till 3 o clock people were partying and making too much of noise. So altogether we had a bad experience

• 8th Aug 2013
  • India

This place is the tits. Andy and Kirsten by far made our stay most enjoyable, not to mention all the other staff as well. Booked three nights and ended up staying two weeks, felt at home and will be coming back. Full use of the hostel down the road which is not far. Loved our stay at the tent village and would recommend it to anyone. 10/10

Fun place, why stay at another hostel for more hot tubs and great times in a chill environment

• 7th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had a great time at the this hostel, because for me the atmosphere was perfect. It's a very easy place to make friends and have a good time. The bedding was acceptable considering its a tent hostel, and there were lockers for security. Because this tent hostel was a part of a proper hostel down the road, facilities could be used there and there was also a good night club there. Warning for those who prefer comfort, peace and quiet - this is not for you.

• 6th Aug 2013

It so nice. Because I never use like that village. Are you want new something? Just do it!

This is one of the best experiences I have had traveling (I've been traveling for almost three months). I had an emergency while there, and the staff continually showed support, gave advice, and did what they could to help me solve things. I would not have been able to take care of the issue by myself, being in a foreign country, and my gratitude to them is tremendous. The hostel has a great atmosphere--the layout is perfect for meeting people. Facilities are clean for a campsite. Awesome place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4