The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Great location amongst the Swiss Alps BUT I was disappointed that you had to pay for a plastic cutlery set, the fridge was so full & clearly had never been cleaned out (same goes with the microwaves), the tent floors really need to be swept & the bunks were very rickety. I felt bad for the person on the top bunk as it's really high with no rail. The tent village is actually closer (walking distance & only 1 bus stop) to Wilderswil Bahnhof which has trains up to Lauterbrunnen & Grindlewald.

No lockers in tents. No one locks the tents but it does seem safe. Bedding isn't cleaned between people staying there. Showers were unclean.

• 11th Jul 2014

Tent Village is awesome! Best decision ever to stay there.

I absolutely loved the hostel, and every single thing about it! I would definitely go back if given the opportunity. My only complaint was the broken water heater, but that was hardly even an issue. I loved this place and it was definitely a highlight of my trip through Europe.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I was worried about being cold in the tents, but I was plenty warm and slept really well there. The staff were extremely helpful (Andy) and friendly. Overall, we had a great stay at in the Tent Village and I would consider going back.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Really cool place, staff were super helpful! The wifi was terrible. Had no hot water for the 3days we were there, which was really frustrating because they kept telling us it was fixed. The only hot water in the whole place was the hot tub. The owners should really sort that out because it appears that it's an ongoing issue that really isn't hard to fix. We were not told about the no hot water issue, if we had known we would have cancelled our booking immediately.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Only got to spend a night here because i screwed up my reservation (staff were super cool and patient about it, thank you!). Would definitely stay here again, super cool atmosphere and experience.

The Balmer's tent village was such a nice place to stay, right near the bottom of the mountains and easy access to transport into any towns nearby. Atmosphere was really friendly and the facilities were great. Just stressing that there is no kitchen at the tent village, only a grill you have to buy coals for, so if you plan on cooking your meals or having access to wifi you can easily do so at the Balmer's hostel in town.

Unique hostels settled right in the Alps! Very young crowd, but often in groups. If you are alone you will need to seek people out. The crowd can be loud but quiet hours are strictly enforced which is a plus of you need to sleep. Overall, can't beat the price and novelty of this place while in Interlaken. Slackline is also a huge plus!!!

i had an enjoyable stay in blamers tent,however we had very poor connection of wifi there, hardly usable at all, the staffs were helpful in suggesting places to go, and the postpone my skydiving date because of poor weather, all in all, the atmosphere is worth that extra walk, doesn't matter because we have bus services there as well

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Staff are brilliant and help create the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. They're so helpful and welcoming. We stayed in a private, double tent and it was fantastic. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. It's a shame the bar shuts at 10 but the town is a short walk away. The lockers are very pricey which was disappointing. The cleanliness of the Tent Village is impressive.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This place is good , wifi doesn't work well but other then that beds are comfy I love the atmosphere!

• 20th Jun 2014

It was a generally nice hostel with good facilities. I appreciated that reception was always open. When I arrived I thought there would be no way that two bathroom stalls would be enough for everyone but I never had to wait in a line so I guess I was wrong! It was nice to know that we could use all of the other hostel's facilities though we were only told this on our second day.

• 18th Jun 2014

With a great view of the mountains and a staff so knowledgable about the area that they quickly planned my two-day itinerary, the tent city has a great atmosphere for young travelers and was a great place to stay in Interlaken

We had a great time at the Tent Village. You can enjoy the pool, hot tub, fusball, tv, bar, slack line and more. Everything is clean and the staff helpfull. You have also access to Balmers hostel. The only con is that the kitchen is at the Balmer Hostel (10minutes walk) and that they close the hot tub at 9pm if i remember well. I reccomend this place to have a great time in Interlaken.

The shower is very small and if the sun is shining it´s very hot on the toilett

- missing a good coffee machine ;)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

So great atmosphere and facilities (Sad that we were too busy exploring Interlaken and had no time to enjoy them). Be prepared for the bugs and snails you are gonna meet in the tent. But we actually went well with these little friends lol

Amazing place to stay, it is a tent village so it is hard to rate it as a hostel as far as security and facilities. It was a fun place to stay and the tents were satisfactory. Cool idea!

Staff is very helpful and informative on activities near Interlaken.