The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

We think they should improve the locker system and add more toilets

Thank you for the message, we are currently looking into a system where a tent...yes a tent...can be locked both from the inside and outside, until then we do offer lockers where you can safely store all your valuables.

This place was so awesome to stay at! The staff was great and so helpful. Good location, near bus stop and train stations. I would love to stay here again!

we would love to welcome you back!

More blankets in the tents!!!

we have plenty if you ask reception crew :-)

Amazing value for money!! Free unlimited wifi, showers, and really cheap accommodation. The dorms are in tents, obviously, so it's a bit chilly, but if you have a sleeping bag or rent linens you're set. Staff is brilliant and very accommodating; about as nice as you get. i checked out in the morning and left all my things behind for a full day hike, and it was no problem at all. Came back to new friendly faces that even helped me get set up to go to my new hostel. Absolute gem, will come again!

We look forward to welcoming you back! Let us know when you are returning! :-)

I have stayed at this place with a group of friends 7 years back and this time I stayed 3 nights with my wife, the place hasn't changed at all. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The place has a hot tub, griller for bbq, tents are amazing and real value for money. This time we met the owner Uncle Eric, lovely fellow, gave us coins as a souvenir!! If you are looking for a place where you want to pay really less money but still want to have a good time just next to the mountains....

• 5th Sep 2015
  • India

we would love to have you back, please contact us for a free upgrade next time you choose to visit us!

Great little hostel. You get what you pay for. Walking distance to everywhere needed and amazing views of the alps from the hostel grounds.

• 5th Sep 2015

Glad you loved the views as much as we do! Thank you!

Was bummed the hot tub water was changed the day we arrived so too cold to use but very nice place for the cost. Does get cold at night so pack/wear something warm. Staff very nice and helpful. provided recommendations on their favorite hikes in the area and provided accurate weather reports!

sorry to hear you didnt get a chance to jump in the hot tub, when we clean it we really have to empty it so it does take a day or so to hear up again,..we also have one at the main hostel for next time!

I like this tent village, it would be great if it were in summer days. breakfast is great we really enjoy it the girl staff is really helpful and lent me her bike for the morning

Happy to hear you had a good time at the tent village!

Pase dos noches, es increible la ubicacion, con una vista muy linda a las montañas. Recomiendo sin dudas si quieren pasar unos dias en interlaken a buen precio.

everything is excellent...:-)

• 29th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

very fun hostel, can walk anywhere, fun, friendly, and informative staff. It is easy to meet people and has great vibes!

Lovely place in a great location

thank you! glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Awesome tent village surrounded by the Alps. Excellent value for money. Comfortable bed with extra blankets for cool nights. 10 minute walk to the main Balmer's hostel, 15-20 minutes into the center of town. We loved staying here!

• 22nd Aug 2015

Great value for the price. Andy, the day receptionist, was one of the coolest and most helpful receptionists I've come across. Bus stop (free bus pass) and grocery store (cheap) next to tent village. Had a wonderful 4 nights here hiking and canyoning. If you don't like the atmosphere at the tent village, walk to the Balmers hostel and hang out there. The tent village has my recommendation.

This was a fun place to stay for a night, really beautiful location and very comfortable for a tent. Didn't feel hugely secure but there are lockers for valuables which was helpful.

For the location for the price this hostel did the job. Really beautiful scenery a quick walk or bus ride to the mountains. They give you a free bus card as well which is nice. It's a bed in a tent so don't expect anything more, but it's comfortable enough. There's no kitchen to cook in and they seem to charge you for every little extra thing you might need but shops are right across the street for food and drinks so all in all a good way to affordably see the Swiss alps!

Good value for money

If you come thinking that it's more like camping, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The place is really clean considering it's a tent village. Also the staff is amazing! They were all so helpful/kind. The atmosphere of the entire village is really nice. Bring your own lock for the free lockers though, because the tents don't lock from the inside so you should definitely lock up all valuables in the main area (or sleep with it). Also it was really cold at night when I stayed, be aware of weather!

Perfect! I love the staffs, they were very friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks for making us feels like home. I would definitely return.

it was our pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back!