The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Loved this hostel. Its alot better than the main balmers which has a lame club. Only thing is there should be an age limit. I didnt like little kids running around and waking me up at 7 am and jumping in the hot tub/pool. They should def have a 18 year old age limit.

Pros: not expensive for Switzerland. You can see mountains from the camp grounds. The staff is really nice. You get a free bus card. Has a pool, has games and tight rope. Really feels like a community. Store right across the street. Cons: during the day the tents get hot! I recommend taking a cold shower before bed so you don't feel too hot. The wifi isn't that good. But yeah I had a lot of fun here I made some new friends from other countries, and it's close to a beautiful lake. Stay here

Thanks for the review, I agree the tents get hot during the day, especially during the heat wave we were experiencing, glad you found a solution of a cold shower!

Nice place to saty and have fun .

We enjoyed our stay at The Tent Village. It's located a little bit away from the main part of town, but the bus was easy to use. The grocery across the street was nice as well. The facilities were good. Although quiet hours started at 10pm, we had a couple of nights with loud guest. Overall we enjoyed out stay.

One of the best Hostels I've stayed at so far. I love how it's right beside the grocery store and how we can use the other Balmer's hostel for free. There's lots to do for free from hiking up a mountain to mountain biking on the small pump-track to spending time in the hot tub. Beer was only 55 cents for tallboy (500mL) and there's an event at Balmer's Herberge every night. Barely spent any extra money in my 3 days there and had more fun than any other city overall.

• 24th Jun 2015

Thanks for the indepth review, I hope it helps other travellers! :-0 Safe travels!

Awesome place with great staff! A gas grill would be cool.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks for the great review, we will certainly keep that in mind!

Honestly, was not expecting much from Tent Village besides somewhere to sleep and I was overwhelming surprised. The staff was amazing, all very kind and helpful - also spoke English which was a plus for us. The beds were comfy, linens were nice, wifi was some of the best we had in Switzerland. Easy access to Balmer's Village which has a bar and other activities. Definitely would recommend and will be coming back!! Thank you!

Great stay. Staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful when looking for advice on what to do.

• 14th Jun 2015

Peaceful place, helpful staff. Would recommend

• Finland

I would not stay in the tents again. They are either cold or humid in the sunshine, the hot tub didnt work, everything closes at ten, there is no breakfast and no food options in the evening, they have a bar with very few drinks options....Better go to the real hostel as you will spend all your time walking up there anyway.

• 14th Jun 2015

Sorry to hear that the tent wasnt for you.As you are sleeping in tents its pretty normal for them to feel the outside weather. We have to close the village down at 10 pm due to Swiss regulations unfortunately, Breakfast is an option at the main hostel, and there are two large supermarkets across the road not to mention the free use of the bbq.The town is a short bus ride away too with many bars and restaurants (as is Balmers main hostel) We hope you enjoy the rest of your travel

Really cool unique place to stay! The tents have very comfy beds with plenty of blankets if it gets cool at night. Bar and outdoor areas are great. Very fast wifi in the common areas. Well located, grocery store right across the street. Definitely recommend this spot. A bit pricey for what you're getting but that's Switzerland for you...

Thank you for the great review!

Great place but there were absolutely a few setbacks. For one: upon arrival, but only realized the next morning, there was a yellow jacket nest in the corner of the tent. Waking up with my face 2 feet from 3 yellow jackets wasn't the start to the morning I had been hoping for. Also, the pool/bar/hot tub all close at or before 10PM so if you are looking for a similar alternative to Balmer's this is not it.

• 6th Jun 2015

We hope you let reception know so we could have a professional remove the hive. Being in a camp ground surrounded by nature they choose where to make their home..Switzerland has a very strict No noise after 10 pm which we have to respect, especially for those wanting to sleep, you are in a tent after all. Thanks for the review, by your score the few set backs werent so bad :-)

It was a great spot! Definitely was above my expectations for a camp ground, even though we stayed one night. Wish we could've stayed longer

We hope to welcome you back!

You get what is advertised. This is a hostel with a party atmosphere that is a bit outside of the city centre and is built around the concept of a camp. Read the description, if it sounds like something you would enjoy, book. If not, don't. Many of the complaints in the other reviews could've been easily avoided had they read the description of the hostel. The dude at reception was also extremely kind

Thank you for the honest and helpful review!

1 2 Next » last »