The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

comes as advertised. if you are looking for a normal hostel this is not it.. a little bit closer to camping. great staff. enjoyed sitting outside in the hottub looking up into the alps. dont get that view every day!

we LOVED it here , location was beautiful, supermarket across the road, hot tub ! best place to 'camp' ever- only downfall is you have to be quiet after 10pm but thats when u walk down to the other hostel anyway :) will definatly return ! - PS GO SKYDIVING IN INTERLAKEN !!

We had a blast at Balmer's Tent Village. We did have a problem with slugs and our clothes stayed very damp, but overall it was a very successful experience! Balmer's is GREAT especially for booking your activities in Interlaken!

• 25th Jul 2014

The Tent Village is a fun place to stay! The tents are comfortable, and the common area is very welcoming. Free tea is a great perk and there is a grocery store right across the street. The staff was helpful and buses stop right outside the campground. Wifi does not reach the individual tents, but it works well in the main area.

I can't begin to explain how much I LOVED the tent village, completely engulfed in mountains laying in the hot tub, nothing better then that, why spend any time inside when you're in Interlaken!! They have a community fridge and grill, straight up luxury camping! Great place to meet people :)!

I loved this place! Great atmosphere, great people and a great view! I would definitely stay here again.

Great location amongst the Swiss Alps BUT I was disappointed that you had to pay for a plastic cutlery set, the fridge was so full & clearly had never been cleaned out (same goes with the microwaves), the tent floors really need to be swept & the bunks were very rickety. I felt bad for the person on the top bunk as it's really high with no rail. The tent village is actually closer (walking distance & only 1 bus stop) to Wilderswil Bahnhof which has trains up to Lauterbrunnen & Grindlewald.

It was nice place to go once on the life time. The hamburger from the market front of the interlaken west station it was the best hamburger i ever had.

Taz was amazing and super helpful! Great location and a fun stay!

No lockers in tents. No one locks the tents but it does seem safe. Bedding isn't cleaned between people staying there. Showers were unclean.

• 11th Jul 2014

Tent Village is awesome! Best decision ever to stay there.

I absolutely loved the hostel, and every single thing about it! I would definitely go back if given the opportunity. My only complaint was the broken water heater, but that was hardly even an issue. I loved this place and it was definitely a highlight of my trip through Europe.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I was worried about being cold in the tents, but I was plenty warm and slept really well there. The staff were extremely helpful (Andy) and friendly. Overall, we had a great stay at in the Tent Village and I would consider going back.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Really cool place, staff were super helpful! The wifi was terrible. Had no hot water for the 3days we were there, which was really frustrating because they kept telling us it was fixed. The only hot water in the whole place was the hot tub. The owners should really sort that out because it appears that it's an ongoing issue that really isn't hard to fix. We were not told about the no hot water issue, if we had known we would have cancelled our booking immediately.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Only got to spend a night here because i screwed up my reservation (staff were super cool and patient about it, thank you!). Would definitely stay here again, super cool atmosphere and experience.

The Balmer's tent village was such a nice place to stay, right near the bottom of the mountains and easy access to transport into any towns nearby. Atmosphere was really friendly and the facilities were great. Just stressing that there is no kitchen at the tent village, only a grill you have to buy coals for, so if you plan on cooking your meals or having access to wifi you can easily do so at the Balmer's hostel in town.

Unique hostels settled right in the Alps! Very young crowd, but often in groups. If you are alone you will need to seek people out. The crowd can be loud but quiet hours are strictly enforced which is a plus of you need to sleep. Overall, can't beat the price and novelty of this place while in Interlaken. Slackline is also a huge plus!!!

i had an enjoyable stay in blamers tent,however we had very poor connection of wifi there, hardly usable at all, the staffs were helpful in suggesting places to go, and the postpone my skydiving date because of poor weather, all in all, the atmosphere is worth that extra walk, doesn't matter because we have bus services there as well

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Staff are brilliant and help create the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. They're so helpful and welcoming. We stayed in a private, double tent and it was fantastic. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. It's a shame the bar shuts at 10 but the town is a short walk away. The lockers are very pricey which was disappointing. The cleanliness of the Tent Village is impressive.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This place is good , wifi doesn't work well but other then that beds are comfy I love the atmosphere!

• 20th Jun 2014