The Tent Village Reviews

Gsteigstrasse 80, Matten bei Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

We really enjoyed our stay. The facility was kept very clean, they enforced the 10 pm quiet time, the beds were comfortable and clean, and the staff was great. The other guests were also all very nice. Balmer's had some very nice touches like a free concert one evening, and free walking tours of Interlaken three evenings a week. I would highly recommend them!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Perfect stuff! Not a camping, not a hotel but both at the same time! I would gladly come back there next time Only point: sleeping with an american flag above my head is quite disturbing (room New york) ;-)

This is a great place to stay and super cheap for Switzerland. A grocery store 2 min walk and they give you a bus pass. It's a great party and chill out atmosphere (whatever your looking for) it's a large place. The only negative I can say is they make you pay for utensils and don't give ice for your drinks ... Very minimal negatives. Stay here.

Overall good value for the price. The bus ticket that was included was very helpful getting around the city. The facilities weren't great because well, it's a tent village. The bunk beds were small and high with no ladders ( I just put the mattress on the floor). The atmosphere was chill and comfortable. Would stay again.

comes as advertised. if you are looking for a normal hostel this is not it.. a little bit closer to camping. great staff. enjoyed sitting outside in the hottub looking up into the alps. dont get that view every day!

we LOVED it here , location was beautiful, supermarket across the road, hot tub ! best place to 'camp' ever- only downfall is you have to be quiet after 10pm but thats when u walk down to the other hostel anyway :) will definatly return ! - PS GO SKYDIVING IN INTERLAKEN !!

We had a blast at Balmer's Tent Village. We did have a problem with slugs and our clothes stayed very damp, but overall it was a very successful experience! Balmer's is GREAT especially for booking your activities in Interlaken!

• 25th Jul 2014

The Tent Village is a fun place to stay! The tents are comfortable, and the common area is very welcoming. Free tea is a great perk and there is a grocery store right across the street. The staff was helpful and buses stop right outside the campground. Wifi does not reach the individual tents, but it works well in the main area.

I can't begin to explain how much I LOVED the tent village, completely engulfed in mountains laying in the hot tub, nothing better then that, why spend any time inside when you're in Interlaken!! They have a community fridge and grill, straight up luxury camping! Great place to meet people :)!

I loved this place! Great atmosphere, great people and a great view! I would definitely stay here again.

Great location amongst the Swiss Alps BUT I was disappointed that you had to pay for a plastic cutlery set, the fridge was so full & clearly had never been cleaned out (same goes with the microwaves), the tent floors really need to be swept & the bunks were very rickety. I felt bad for the person on the top bunk as it's really high with no rail. The tent village is actually closer (walking distance & only 1 bus stop) to Wilderswil Bahnhof which has trains up to Lauterbrunnen & Grindlewald.

It was nice place to go once on the life time. The hamburger from the market front of the interlaken west station it was the best hamburger i ever had.

Taz was amazing and super helpful! Great location and a fun stay!

No lockers in tents. No one locks the tents but it does seem safe. Bedding isn't cleaned between people staying there. Showers were unclean.

• 11th Jul 2014

Tent Village is awesome! Best decision ever to stay there.

I absolutely loved the hostel, and every single thing about it! I would definitely go back if given the opportunity. My only complaint was the broken water heater, but that was hardly even an issue. I loved this place and it was definitely a highlight of my trip through Europe.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I was worried about being cold in the tents, but I was plenty warm and slept really well there. The staff were extremely helpful (Andy) and friendly. Overall, we had a great stay at in the Tent Village and I would consider going back.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Really cool place, staff were super helpful! The wifi was terrible. Had no hot water for the 3days we were there, which was really frustrating because they kept telling us it was fixed. The only hot water in the whole place was the hot tub. The owners should really sort that out because it appears that it's an ongoing issue that really isn't hard to fix. We were not told about the no hot water issue, if we had known we would have cancelled our booking immediately.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Only got to spend a night here because i screwed up my reservation (staff were super cool and patient about it, thank you!). Would definitely stay here again, super cool atmosphere and experience.

The Balmer's tent village was such a nice place to stay, right near the bottom of the mountains and easy access to transport into any towns nearby. Atmosphere was really friendly and the facilities were great. Just stressing that there is no kitchen at the tent village, only a grill you have to buy coals for, so if you plan on cooking your meals or having access to wifi you can easily do so at the Balmer's hostel in town.