The Terrace Hostel Reviews

24-B 3rd Street West, 3a Calle Poniente #24-B, Antigua, Guatemala

We have booked two nights in a 4 beds room, we were in 2 couples. I emailed the hostel before to make sure we would stay together. When we got there, we had the surprise that one man was already in our room and we would have to split. They did not let us know before hand, just when we got there. The hostel did not remove the guy to another room, and they simply thought we would be ok with it - not acceptable. Bathrooms were dirty.

• 6th Nov 2015

Good hostel, great view, friendly staff for the most part. Amazing view, ok wifi, no free breakfast or kitchen for guests. Jose is the man. All around can't wait to go back!

Nice rooftop terrace with a great view over the surrounding volcanoes. Comfortable and clean beds. Super nice staff, food and drinks are a little overpriced, though.

There wasn't much space for hanging out with other people in the hostel. Only 1 shower per floor. Breakfast was tasty though!

My second time in Antigua, and staying at The Terrace. I stayded for 8 nights. it's cheap, has a bar, and is a great place to meet people and have fun. The staff is very helpful and nice :) This is a place for FUN! it's not the place to stay if u'r looking for comfort, cleanliness and a quiet place, but I def.would recommend this hostel

Best view in Antigua, great food/drink and divine staff...

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure having you!!!

Apart from the amazing view and the cheap happy hour beer this place wasn't as good as I expected from the high ratings. The food in the terrace bar was very bad and basic and loads of non-guests in the bar. The room was OK i guess, though only 2 bathrooms for the whole place.

Sorry to hear that we weren't for you. Most of our guests love meeting people at the bar from other places in Antigua!! Locals and tourists alike can socialize and learn about people from other cultures.

Great atmosphere, the shared bathroom wasn't so comfortable...

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Lovely staff and nice, clean rooms. Breakfast in the morning was great too. Lacked a bit of atmosphere, people tended to keep to themselves.

Overall awesome experience! Super helpful staff and incredible location. The only downside is the one restroom located per floor... having up to 12 people share one bathroom can be a challenge :/

The terrace bar is really really nice - great view of the volcano. We were allowed to bring up our won wine and cheese to consume on the terrace which was good. Didn't particularly enjoy the food there, but the location is so great many restaurants and everything else are all walking distance.

I agree with the comments about the weird smell in the bathrooms, but it can be easily overlooked considering you won't spend much time in the rooms outside of sleeping, anyway. The staff was nice, the bar great, and my room was cleaned after each of the four nights I stayed (smell notwithstanding, of course). I'll definitely stay here again when I head back to Antigua!