The Terrace Hostel Reviews

24-B 3rd Street West, 3a Calle Poniente #24-B, Antigua, Guatemala

Great atmosphere, the shared bathroom wasn't so comfortable...

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Lovely staff and nice, clean rooms. Breakfast in the morning was great too. Lacked a bit of atmosphere, people tended to keep to themselves.

Lo mejor su hospitalidad y el personal amable, un lugar bien ubicado, muy recomendable...

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Overall awesome experience! Super helpful staff and incredible location. The only downside is the one restroom located per floor... having up to 12 people share one bathroom can be a challenge :/

The terrace bar is really really nice - great view of the volcano. We were allowed to bring up our won wine and cheese to consume on the terrace which was good. Didn't particularly enjoy the food there, but the location is so great many restaurants and everything else are all walking distance.

I agree with the comments about the weird smell in the bathrooms, but it can be easily overlooked considering you won't spend much time in the rooms outside of sleeping, anyway. The staff was nice, the bar great, and my room was cleaned after each of the four nights I stayed (smell notwithstanding, of course). I'll definitely stay here again when I head back to Antigua!

la cama no estaba en buena calidad, así como el hostal se veía un poco viejo y descuidado. por el resto bien, sobretodo las vistas de la terraza impresionantes

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Spain

Rooms very basic, but just need a place to rest your head because there's so much to do. Mixed dorm stank and I got it clean enough to breath. Dorm rooms have open windows pretty much anyone familiar with the place could get through. There's a GREAT bar on GREAT volcano-view rooftop patio open to public, which puts a lot of foot traffic past dorm rooms (day and night). Was a little rough to get shut-eye. Front door locks after hours with security guard. GREAT bar w/ GREAT FOOD across street.

Neither myself not the 3 people I was with enjoyed this hostel and we all moved after one night and would not have stayed at all except that it was very late at night when we arrived. There are signs advising you to lock your belongings but lockers are scarce. Shared bathroom on our floor was awful and I would not recommend this hostel unfortunately especially for the price. Antigua has many hostels and you can find better value for your money. The terrace view was awesome though.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

fun party hostel, great food in the restaurant, public bar on terrace, lovely views, helpful staff

Serious lack of electrical plugs, which wasn't so practical. The staff and terrace balcony though, were both great. We would recommend giving it a go!

Thank you everyone for a terrific time. Raby- soooo great. Thanks again guys.

Bloody good!! Great staff and great times.

I am sorry to say that this place has the most disgusting bathrooms we have seen on our entire trip. The staff was very helpful and friendly though. It was very loud every night in the hostel until late due to drinking games. Hence, I would call this place party hostel.

Clean and worth the money. Added perks of terrace hangouts and excellent views of the mountains. Highly recommended for an easy going 20-something traveler who is okay with a bit of noise around!

Terrace Hostel was good overall. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice, but basic. This is a pretty social hostel with many planned activities, which makes it easy to make friends. My one complaint is that the bathrooms could have been cleaned more often. They smelled fairly bad throughout our week long stay and were a bit gross.

The terrace hosel has amazing staff that makes you feel right at home and are eager to help you with your onward travel plans. Also amazing parties at night