The Times Hostel - Camden Place Reviews

8-9 Camden Place, Dublin, Ireland

Nice kitchen and couches, friendly staff and a really convenient location: just off a main road, but still mostly hidden from strangers, in an alleyway. The only annoying thing was this nearby bar which, on one of the nights I was there, decided to play loud music until 4 in the morning. Also I forgot to mention that the bed I was in squeaked unpleasantly at the tiniest movements. It seemed to be the ladder. I expect it could be fixed.

It's confusing with all the different Camdens in the area to find the hostel and parking to unload gear wasn't very good. Other than that the rooms were alright not the most comfy beds and it was quite noisy at night. Good standard breakfast . Friendly and helpful staff :) nice common areas.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Lovely staff, spacious rooms with lockers, good wifi, and incredible kitchen!! About a 15 min walk from main city but it's definitely manageable. Only downside is that it's not the easiest place to meet people as the common room is just a few couches near a corridor, but other than that it was fantastic! Would come again :)

Internet sucks if more than 5 people want to connect. Get rid of your airport router and get a heavier duty one to fix this. The bunk beds are the short (vertically) type so you hit your head anytime you sit up in the bottom bunk. There are obviously no age restrictions and families use this as a cheap motel. Nothing like having some parents give you the stink eye because they brought their 16 yo daughters to what is supposed to be a backpackers. I would not stay here again.

Great location.

Excellent hostel, great staff, good location, kept very clean and the events are a nice touch. Would definitely stay again!

• 9th Jul 2014

Times hostel is great! Its clean and had good common areas. Its about 10/15 main walking to the centre of Dublin. The staff is very helpful, giving you good tips on where to go. I will definitely come back!

Was up for a concert the staff were very helpful telling us what bus to get and where to go. Cosy place. I would recommend it.

• 7th Jul 2014

Loved this place. I arrived on free dinner night and that's always a plus. Staff were the best and was in a good location. I will be back here again for sure.

• 7th Jul 2014

It was the best place I have ever stayed. All are awesome.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel was awesome! However, I suggest booking a private room if you're not really into partying and hearing others come back from partying... The staff was awesome and the hostel was very clean!

Great staff. The metal bunkbeds were a little squeaky, but the bed was clean and comfortable. There were small lockers big enough for a backpack, but no lockers for your luggage. The kitchen is huge and I would've loved to cook there had I been staying more than one night.

Great place to have a rest when visiting Dublin!!

The hostel was perfect, the staff were amazing and were so helpful answering every small/big query I had! The location was very central, it was right next to a bus which takes you to the airport and also 5 mins walk to the main tourist area of Stephens Green. As I was with my friends we went partying during our stay, the hostel is very near some cool bars and clubs so it was very handy to find with the help from staff. I will be definitely be staying here again!!! Thanks guys!

• 17th Jun 2014

Is definitely a good place to stay in very nice city.

Had a nice stay here, staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a four bed dorm ensuite, which was great, very clean bathroom. The location could be a little better, but I would stay here again for the decent room and nice people. Good place!

Great hostel! Quiet, clean, and comfortable and very close to all the attractions in Dublin. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back.

We liked this place so much we came back here for the last couple nights of our trip before we left Europe. Great location as well as super friendly staff and I think it's a great deal for what you pay for!

Excellent staff great location I highly recommend staying here

• 10th Jun 2014

Clean hostel. Okay wifi. A little walk to the centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3