The Times Hostel - Camden Place Reviews

8-9 Camden Place, Dublin, Ireland

It's in a quiet area but also next to the luas and st stephens green.

Good stay, 15 min by walk to the city centre.

• 9th Oct 2014

This hostel has a really funky, friendly and social vibe without becoming a party hostel (where you never sleep). The rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped and this would have to be one of the best kitchen set ups I have seen and it was well maintained. The only downside for me was not having a separate communal toilet downstairs in the common room as with shared en-suites in dorms, having a backup is often very handy. Overall, would happily stay here again.

Really enjoyed myself here. Nice clean place, I will be recommending it.

• 15th Sep 2014

Nice shower, clean rooms. Very well located. Friendly staff. Everything was very much fine. Recommended!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

There was nothing really in the kitchen, utensil wise. We had to hunt around for things. Kitchen was pretty dirty, but it's very spacious. Great location though!!

I had a really comfortable stay at the Camden Place. The location is just incredibly handy - bad parking, but you get that in the whole inner city.

• 4th Sep 2014

Noisy nightclub/disco in neighbourhood during nighttime

Great apart from the puker in our room :D

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel! hostel is clean and staff are very helpful and friendly! I would come again!

Nice kitchen and couches, friendly staff and a really convenient location: just off a main road, but still mostly hidden from strangers, in an alleyway. The only annoying thing was this nearby bar which, on one of the nights I was there, decided to play loud music until 4 in the morning. Also I forgot to mention that the bed I was in squeaked unpleasantly at the tiniest movements. It seemed to be the ladder. I expect it could be fixed.

It's confusing with all the different Camdens in the area to find the hostel and parking to unload gear wasn't very good. Other than that the rooms were alright not the most comfy beds and it was quite noisy at night. Good standard breakfast . Friendly and helpful staff :) nice common areas.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Lovely staff, spacious rooms with lockers, good wifi, and incredible kitchen!! About a 15 min walk from main city but it's definitely manageable. Only downside is that it's not the easiest place to meet people as the common room is just a few couches near a corridor, but other than that it was fantastic! Would come again :)

Internet sucks if more than 5 people want to connect. Get rid of your airport router and get a heavier duty one to fix this. The bunk beds are the short (vertically) type so you hit your head anytime you sit up in the bottom bunk. There are obviously no age restrictions and families use this as a cheap motel. Nothing like having some parents give you the stink eye because they brought their 16 yo daughters to what is supposed to be a backpackers. I would not stay here again.

Great location.

Excellent hostel, great staff, good location, kept very clean and the events are a nice touch. Would definitely stay again!

• 9th Jul 2014

Times hostel is great! Its clean and had good common areas. Its about 10/15 main walking to the centre of Dublin. The staff is very helpful, giving you good tips on where to go. I will definitely come back!

Was up for a concert the staff were very helpful telling us what bus to get and where to go. Cosy place. I would recommend it.

• 7th Jul 2014

Loved this place. I arrived on free dinner night and that's always a plus. Staff were the best and was in a good location. I will be back here again for sure.

• 7th Jul 2014

It was the best place I have ever stayed. All are awesome.

• 5th Jul 2014