The Times Hostel - Camden Place Reviews

8-9 Camden Place, Dublin, Ireland

Nice place and staff.Noisy at wk coz people make party in the Hostel...

I highly recommend this hostel. It was spacious and the location is excellent. The staff is also very friendly. Just FYI, the mattresses are pretty terrible. This didn't actually end up being an issue for me, but it is something to keep in mind if you have a bad back. The only issue I had with this hostel was that the shower almost never had hot water (we tried at various times of the day as well). I ended up having to shower in the bathroom by the reception, even though I'd paid for ensuite.

Very Clean. Nice smal 4 bedded female onlyl room with shower and toilet. Travellers very considerate to others in room. Good location near pubs and shops and easy walking distance to Grafton St and O'Connell st.

If you can avoid it, don't stay in the 10person dorm!! Super dirty and smelly. But all the other rooms are lovely! Clean, quiet, fresh. Once we moved rooms we loved the hostel a lot more. Staff we're so kind over Christmas that we felt like part of the family. HUGE kitchen and a great lounge that you can meet everyone in. Great place to stay. Would do it again.

Great place for a stop in Dublin

• 3rd Dec 2014

I stay here every time I am in town and they never let me down. Thanks guys

매일 저녁 호스텔에서 준비해주는 이벤트가 달랐다 내가 간날은 와인과 저녁을 제공해주었고 아주 좋았다

Really enjoyed our stay here, staff were very friendly and the facilities available were outstanding, especially considering how cheap it was to stay! Really enjoyed it here and would definitely come again.

• 14th Nov 2014

very noisy in the rooms since it's just next to the living room area. Do not go if you want to sleep early.

They charge for everything, including 3€ for a breakfast of toast and cereal. Not the cleanest being as the kitchen is always dirty. Shower is faulty. Lots of people getting drunk and high, and lots living there..if that's your thing, go for it.

Good place to stay for a night or two. Friendly staff, clean bed. Only slight problem I had was when using wifi on my phone. Wouldn't work for me up in my room but worked as soon as I went downstairs (but my friends iPhone wifi worked in up in our room!)

Excellent hostel, great staff. Good location, kept very clean and the events are a great touch guys. Would definitely stay here again.

The sheets were a little sketch on the side of cleanliness, just make sure they're without stains. Also, the blinds were not very good for the bathroom, it felt like the people across the way could look through the blind slats and see into the bathroom, slightly uncomfortable. But the common areas were great, very comfy couches. Plus, I liked your book selection =)

Being a lot older than the average hostel resident I felt that I would be out of place but there were people of all ages from young children to myself a pensioner. The atmosphere was very friendly and I would recommend this hostel.

• 27th Oct 2014

I've had the best time in Dublin and staying at the hostel definiteley contributed to that. I travelled by myself and stayed at a 4 bed mixed dorm. Everything was clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, kitchen is well equipped and there is a good supermarked around the corner. Only downside was that it is very noisy, but that's my only negative comment. I didn't think that is was difficult to meet other people, as other people who stayed here might have mentioned that in their comments.

Farther out from the city-about 15-20 minutes walk to any major destination. The hostel seemed extremely dated and could use some upgrades. It was also difficult with only one bathroom (that had shower, toilet, and sink altogether) for a room of 10 people. Definitely could use some work with keeping it and the lounge clean as well. The staff were amazing though and helped us book our tours as well as gave us suggestions for places to go, etc. An older crowd in general at the hostel as well.

• 23rd Oct 2014

This was an excellent choice for a quick stop in Dublin!

I had a wonderful stay! My four-bed, female, en suite room was very clean and comfortable. As a solo female traveler, safely is important to me and Times-Camden and the surrounding area exceeded my expectations. I NEVER felt unsafe. The location is good in relation to the major sites/must dos. The atmosphere was welcoming and fun. A friend suggested this hostel and I will definitely pass on the recommendation! Next time I'm in Dublin, I will most certainly stay here again!

It's in a quiet area but also next to the luas and st stephens green.

Good stay, 15 min by walk to the city centre.

• 9th Oct 2014