The Times Hostel - Camden Place Reviews

8-9 Camden Place, Dublin, Ireland

Really friendly staff Great fun to stay Defiantly stay there again :)

• 4th Jun 2014

It's all good.

Great location and easy to get to so many places. Staff were very helpful with everything and just a very comfortable place to stay in general. Would definitely recommend it.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great location. Very nice staff and good kitchen!

Nice place...staff wasn't as informative and didn't know about some of the surrounding places, but very polite. Quite place.

As far as Hostels go, The Times, Camden Place was one of the best I have stayed at. The rooms were spacious, the beds were comfortable, the location was prime and the price was right. Reception was very friendly, helpful and available 24 hours. Breakfast was pretty standard, probably not worth the 3 euro as I've had better for free. Also, our washroom was somewhat dirty when we came in and the shower door didn't close all the way. Overall a very enjoyable stay. I Would definitely go back.

• 30th May 2014

It is what it is man...

Clean hostel with helpful staff. It feels rather cramped in the building and there isn't the most outgoing atmosphere. However would still recommend it.

It just nears the popular night clubs. Bit noisy even in 4AM.

It would have been nice to have individual lights for each bed, & a little shelf at each bed too. Plenty of well placed powerpoints though, & a lovely ensuite bathroom with a great shower.

The hostel has a great location!!! The staff is lovely, really kind and helpfull. From the start they recieved us with arms wide open. They offer us a great room with our own bathroom, everything nice and clean. You can get straight to the airport with a bus for 3€ more or less. I would really recomend this place.

• 20th May 2014
  • Spain

The hostel offers a number of activities. The staffs there are friendly and offers useful suggestions. The room is clean and has ensuite bathrooms. The downside is that most rooms faces the street. The nosie from bars on the street can make it hard to fall asleep. Also, the bathroom door is so loose that the smell and sound comes into the room easily.

• 14th May 2014
  • China

Very impressed! Staff were fantastic: helpful & friendly! Great location. Was upgraded to a 4 bed dorm for no charge. Room was spacious & comfy bed. Good kitchen and the free tea, hot chocolate, & coffee were appreciated in the chilly Irish rain! Free &/or social activities most (all?) nights. Great wifi though it only sometimes reached my bedroom. They printed my airline ticket for free. Would definitely stay here again!

I would say you definitely get more than your money's worth! The staff is extremely helpful and they do nightly events. The location is in the heart of Dublin and everything is walking distance. I would recommend this place to other travelers!

Great place to stay i had no complaints, the staff were lovely and very helpful, it had a good atmosphere and i enjoyed my stay.

• 5th May 2014

There's nothing much to say about this hostel, everything was great. If I have to find a downside, then the room was not that big and probably a cupboard or a shelf in the bathroom would have come in handy.

The hall surprised me, since I had read the reviews and I wasn't really expecting a dark room with a old couch. But the part with the rooms is extremely clean and I've never seen bathroom that big and clean in an hostel before. I had a very good time at this hostel, but there is no lockers for the luggage. It's at a good 10-15 mins from the zone with the pubs but it's on a straight road, so very easy to find the way back. People at the reception told me about nice place to lunch! Would go back!

I liked the hostel, and thought the location was good, and was glad to get wifi, although faster wifi would have been good. Unfortunately my room mates could not get wifi. The paint scheme in the room could be brighter and the fact that the sockets were so high up would have been an issue if I hadn't taken one of the bunk beds.

Times Hostel -Camdel Place is an excellent option considering value/money. The location is good, not at the heart of Dublin but everything is 15-20 min waliking. The breakfast is OK, they have the basics: cereal. milk, fruit, bread, cheese, tomato and jam. The staff is very friendly and nice. The rooms are tidy, they don't have a wardrobe tough, but there is a place for your luggage you just need to rent a lock at the front desk. There are activities pretty much every evening. I recommend it

Good location, good staff and free wifi etc. Did feel a little cheap, but I've stayed in much less comfortable places for more money so yeah I'd stay here again if bang for buck was my main concern. The staff were nice, up for a chat etc.