The Times Hostel - Camden Place Reviews

8-9 Camden Place, Dublin, Ireland

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, staff were super friendly! Beds were comfy and I loved the free dinner!

Super staff! New beds and duvets! Who-hooo! The large lockers under the bed were perfect for storing my pack. The bathroom , en suite, was large and the shower had a big rain head.

Everything we needed. Spot on.

As the saying goes .... Location, location, location. I guess that is the reason for the much higher price. The cost was more than double the most I have ever paid for a hostel stay. (Over100 nights) I think because of the cost, I set my expectations way to high. What I found was an average hostel. There wad nothing bad but nothing sensational either to justify the cost. By 17:00 my bunk was still not ready which I found odd. I repeat, there is NOTHING wrong here except the cost.

Noisy at night! People were singing and screaming, can't sleep well.

The staff at this hostel were lovely! Austin and Javier really made our stay here fantastic. The hostel is in a great location, within walking distance of tons of great bars and restaurants and shopping!

Location was absolutely perfect for my first time in Dublin. The atmosphere wasn't as social as I had hoped, but they do have events every night to help facilitate that! Everything was clean and staff was very friendly/helpful!

This place is great, they do pretty much everything right!

i had a great time. don`t forget to bring earplugs, street is very noisy

Small litter bin in rooms would be handy ,

We had a great stay at Times Camden. Austin, the night porter, was wonderful! Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable enough. We loved the location as we could walk most places we wanted to go. Only issue would be the nighttime noise as there are four clubs in the area but they do offer free ear plugs at the front desk. I would definitely stay here again. They have lots of great things going on nightly like a wine and cheese night, free dinner night and pub crawl as well.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Was a nice place and good stay, but hostel offered few activities and the age mixture was tilted towards 40 and up. Didn't see that at all yet in other hostels.

there where no free access to internet on computers!

• 16th Sep 2015

Would have loved to had stayed longer, looked like a fantastic place to meet people, we got in late and only had 1 night, might have to come back to experience everything this place has on offer! Comfy beds, plenty of power sockets and a nice hot shower, very happy traveller!

This was the first hostel I ever stayed in and it was Amazing! They had great events in the evening to meet people, the staff were always their to help. I wanted to recognize someone I particular, a fellow Canadian staffer; I was checking out very early in the morning and My shuttle was late by about 15-20 Mins and I had a flight to catch, the staffer, with out even me asking him called the shuttle twice to see what was taking so long - very much appreciated and not missed. Thank you!!

They have a "free" thing every evening like cheese and wine or cookies and ice cream. It's great to meet people and start the conversation! Good location Friendly staff. Good communal space. Bathroom could use a small shelf next to the sink :)

The hostel was well-located with friendly staff and with some side activities. Rooms were basic but clean. Nevertheless, it can be very noisy outside during the night (although they provide earplugs). Another minor point was the breakfast, which was very basic. Overall it's an ok hostel if you want to visit Dublin for a couple of days.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Exactly what a hostel should be: simple, affordable, clean, convenient, friendly.

• 10th Sep 2015

Actually love this place. Stayed here about a year ago and a few things have changed since but all for the better it seems. The whole place has been painted a cool purple and seems like the rooms had just been redone also. Breakfast was great and they still have different events on every night. I got a lovely dinner when I was there (Wednesday). Staff seemed to know there stuff about Dublin. I will be back again next time I am in Dublin. P.s. The guy singing the guitar with everyone in the co

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Barbados

This hostel was outrageously over priced. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and due to my circumstances was forced to pay 62 euro!! I had no other option as I had an early morning appointment and I found it a humiliation to have to pay this price. This hostel took full advantage of a busy weekend in Dublin and exploited people in need of accommodation. This a prime example of rip off Ireland. It's disgusting and I vow never to stay in this place or any other like for the rest of my life. Pathetic.

• 5th Sep 2015