The Towne Hotel Reviews

40 George St, Po Box No. 4808, Nassau, Bahamas

they do not technically have hot water, just room temperature. generally everything was good.

The staff were just lovely and I enjoyed the atmosphere, I will stat again!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I really liked the staff. They were so nice and accommodating. The free breakfast could use some variety. I was a bit disappointed at the selection. Some food I'd like to see are; french toast/waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. You could tell the building was old, but the staff kept it clean and I loved the space by the pool.

Staff was awesome, nice clean place clean and close to all the action downtown, would stay again on next trip to the Island

• 14th Mar 2014

A handy place in the centre, safe, really close to everything!

• 19th Feb 2014

Nice, basic hotel in a good location. Restaurant and bar downstairs. Locked front door.

The nicest staff ever ! I lost my key the first day, they gave me a new room(a bigger one) without charging anything. The rooms are okay and it's really good located!

• 30th Jan 2014

This wasbmy second stay at Towne Hotel, specifically for the location you are less than 5 min walk from everything downtown Nassau. The first night i had a room in the corner and there was so much noise I could barely get any sleep. So for the second night i asked to change rooms and they gave me a room around the courtyard, which was smaller but apparently newly renovated, and much quieter. The staff is super attentive.

A very comfortable and friendly place to stay.The bar and restaurant are good value and the staff voulant't be friendlier.

• 20th Jan 2014

Lot of mixed reviews about this place, but I booked anyway. I'm Canadian and well traveled. This place was really clean and the room was quite nice. Air conditioner blows ice cold air. There is a fridge and a TV. Comfy bed. Good bathroom. Sort of like a motel room at home, nothing fancy but a comfortable place. The big plus was that all the rooms have a balcony with chairs in the sun. Felt secure. Staff was a bit edgy sometimes. I'd recommend this place if you're planning your own trip to Nassau

The hotel was what it was , hostelworld . .com is a total rip off. I just paid at the desk , when I return from my vacation I will seek a full refund, if not refunded, I will forward to visa's fraud dept.

• 28th Dec 2013

Wonderful people, amazing country, and if you go, try to be there for the Junkanoo parade on Dec 25th! The hotel is practically in the middle of the festivities :)

Lovely local culture represented in art in lobby. So interesting and accommodating. Will return and recommend.

• 17th Dec 2013

Terrific Hotel for an extended stay . Or overnight. We have been coming to stay here for seven years. Lovely professional staff.

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

N o hot water - problems with shower -TV reception not very good

• 6th Nov 2013