The Travel Hub Reviews

15A-17A , First Floor, Jalan Balai Polis, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The male staff here are extremely rude, they barge into rooms at all hours of the day without knocking even after 11pm to "check who has paid etc" when it's clearly on their computer system! They also just open the door to rooms then shut them again??? A number of guests had money stolen whilst we stayed here and the staffs behaviour suggests to me it was them! They also walk in

Good location for access to public transport, other than that not much to shout about. Staff friendly enough, but it is pretty basic. The rooms and bathrooms through the door on the right at the top of the stairs are vastly better than the other rooms. If I were to stay there again, I would try and book one of those instead.

If you want a great location near Chinatown I would definitely recommend this hostel. Clean, efficient and nice.

These hostel was my best experience with hostels ever. It is just a few minutes away from the monorail so the location is perfect, there is no noise. It is located right next to the China town. Rooms where so pretty and comfortable, we took a room for three girls and it was just perfect. The staff itself couldn't be better. Lady that owns the hostel threw a barbecue party on the roof and it was super fun. There was even a contest in eating strange local food :) Definitely the best!!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Bathrooms weren't very clean and it was very noisy with doors banging, very loud conversations and shouting until very late. The dorm beds creaked so whenever someone moved around it made a lot of noise.

• 14th Sep 2014

I picked the room to myself, small but adequate and clean. Close location to everything. Would recomend to stay here.

Love coming back to this place.

hostel was ok, but staff was not very friendly and gave wrong information about Taman Negara (they said in September is high season and we would have trouble finding an accommodation if we don't book beforehand, which was absolutely not the case!), another staff member seemed to be on drugs

Wonderful stay, great staff, great location, great tours! Thank you!

• 28th Aug 2014

Really good value hostel, spotless, situated in china town and it's at walking distance from all the main attractions. There's a nice roof top where you can have your free breakfast every morning.

A special thanks to Sam and Mustafa for making my trip completely worth while! These two staff members went above and beyond my time there- they gave their personal time to show me and a friend around the city and the waterfalls since there wasn't enough people for an official tour through the hostel. No need for them to do that, but they did just because they wanted to help!

Great place, a short stroll from the monorail station and the markets.

We only stayed one short night but we enjoyed ourselves at The Travel Hub. We liked all the comfy couches and the roof terrace a lot - there's a lot of social space. The dorms are comfy and clean, the free tea and coffee is pretty horrible and the breakfast is simple, but still it's nice that they're free! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was great - right next to the markets and food courts of Chinatown.

Great time. Very respectful and welcoming people. Very clean place too. I recommend 100%

• 15th Aug 2014

Really good all-round hostel, excellent location!

Rooftop terras was amazing, and the big showers are awesome! The staff was friendly and helpfull.

• 3rd Aug 2014

If you want to move guests around to make more money at least have the decency to be upfront about it. It isn't good enough to say you are moving someone to a better room and trying to sound smooth. When someone has been travelling the last thing they want to do is move rooms. And at least have the smarts not to say to the guest that they shouldn't be so serious about it. It's throwing petrol on the flames. Sam, you are clued up. Have a chat with your offsider. He's got a bit to learn from you.

Sam the hostel guy was excellent! This is definitely a great place to stay in Kuala Lumpur. We were placed in the new section of the hostel, which really was exceptional value (considering other places we stayed in KL). The room had a raised bed (which did require a climb up a ladder), new sofas and a new TV. The shared bathrooms were spotless. We have no complaints about this hostel at all.

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful. My girlfriend and I had a great week here. Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to KL!!

The Travel Hub was a great Place to stay, it was close to the busses and Train station and the staff was excellent

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels