The Travel Hub Reviews

15A-17A , First Floor, Jalan Balai Polis, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Really good value hostel, spotless, situated in china town and it's at walking distance from all the main attractions. There's a nice roof top where you can have your free breakfast every morning.

A special thanks to Sam and Mustafa for making my trip completely worth while! These two staff members went above and beyond my time there- they gave their personal time to show me and a friend around the city and the waterfalls since there wasn't enough people for an official tour through the hostel. No need for them to do that, but they did just because they wanted to help!

Warning! Young single female travelers BEWARE. The 1st male receptionist,@ my arrival, mocked my question about security/advice of woman waking alone from station. On my last night, another male receptionist (ihad only exchanged greetings before) came 2my room, tried to offer me beer

We only stayed one short night but we enjoyed ourselves at The Travel Hub. We liked all the comfy couches and the roof terrace a lot - there's a lot of social space. The dorms are comfy and clean, the free tea and coffee is pretty horrible and the breakfast is simple, but still it's nice that they're free! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was great - right next to the markets and food courts of Chinatown.

Great time. Very respectful and welcoming people. Very clean place too. I recommend 100%

• 15th Aug 2014

Really good all-round hostel, excellent location!

Rooftop terras was amazing, and the big showers are awesome! The staff was friendly and helpfull.

• 3rd Aug 2014

If you want to move guests around to make more money at least have the decency to be upfront about it. It isn't good enough to say you are moving someone to a better room and trying to sound smooth. When someone has been travelling the last thing they want to do is move rooms. And at least have the smarts not to say to the guest that they shouldn't be so serious about it. It's throwing petrol on the flames. Sam, you are clued up. Have a chat with your offsider. He's got a bit to learn from you.

Sam the hostel guy was excellent! This is definitely a great place to stay in Kuala Lumpur. We were placed in the new section of the hostel, which really was exceptional value (considering other places we stayed in KL). The room had a raised bed (which did require a climb up a ladder), new sofas and a new TV. The shared bathrooms were spotless. We have no complaints about this hostel at all.

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful. My girlfriend and I had a great week here. Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to KL!!

The Travel Hub was a great Place to stay, it was close to the busses and Train station and the staff was excellent

Bedsheet smells good and clean.Wastebasket is always empty. Staffs are friendly. The guest house is near the chinatown and opposite a police station.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

A great place to spend my last night in KL. Loved watching the WC final on the roof!

I had a very nice stay at " The travel hub". The location is excellent and a couple of minutes walk from the train station and Chinatown. I would recommend to anyone wanting a cheap place to stay in the middle of Chinatown. The rooms are very small, but for myself it was not a problem and nice to have a room to myself.

Friendly staff didn't seem to mind my late check in!

Most important thing is, this place located in center of Kuala Lumpur, so it was easy to take any kind of transportation to all the other places. In addition, a clean place with nice staff. Special thanks to Ms.Sandy, for being kind and supportive during my stay.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Great hostel in a convenient location, 5 minutes from the monorail and Chinatown. The staff were good enough to set up a TV for the World Cup. It's always appreciated when the bunks come with individual reading lights and plug sockets too. Lockers are provided as well. Only negative is that the beds were pretty squeaky and let out an almighty creak when you settle down on them. Fortunately they're comfortable, just noisy. Overall a solid hostel.

This hostel was a good place to stay. It is located a street away from Chinatown and it is easily accessible by public transportation. The staff were friendly and helpful. AC in the dorm rooms was very good. The beds were a bit squeaky just so you know. Overall it was a good place to stay and we would stay there again.

The owner was very helpful and friendly with tips on what to do and see around Malaysia. I am allergic to gluten and they brought me some gluten free bread for breakfast. The aircon in the room worked really well. Downside, they had televisions in the room but they did not connect to any channels and the kitchen is limited without any cooking facilities.

Best location right next to all transport and china town. Staff are very friendly and helpful in any way. The place is very clean. Comfortable bed with fluffy pillow, a little squeaky though. Some beds have a light and plug which is great and lots of sitting areas, very sociable smoking area as well. Will definitely recommend and it's cheap.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels