The Travel Hub Reviews

15A-17A , First Floor, Jalan Balai Polis, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I really liked this hostel. It has a very convenient location - easy to get to from the airport and a lot of attractions within walking distance. The staff were mostly friendly. One lady on reception seemed quite disinterested but she wasn't rude and did answer my questions. I stayed in a single room which was very small and quite hot but had the necessities (bed and fan). The shared bathroom was clean and nice. Breakfast was fine but nothing special.

Really different rooms , with a little luck you get a good one.

• 24th Jul 2015

If you don't mind spending a bit the rooftop bar was an awesome atmosphere with a great view. If you stay on a Saturday they have a yummy free bbq set up! They offer free tea, water, wifi is ok and they have a computer for use. Bedrooms and bathrooms were basic. Location is right next to Chinatown and 5 min away from central market. Overall had an average stay, but make sure you know where you're going - a bit confusing to get there on first time.

Good stay in general, I would stay again. It was clean and secure, with good wifi and computer access. There was free filter water which was a huge bonus. However the staff weren't particularly nice, especially the western woman on reception in the evenings, she was pretty rude. Other staff were OK but very blunt, nothing like most of the places i've stopped in Malaysia.

My stay here was short but marvelous... if I come back this way, I will stay here :D

• 4th Jun 2015
  • rurnolan

The Location of the hostel is good, just a few minutes to the Chinese Quarter with a big market or the Central Station of the Monorail. I stayed in the 12 person dorm, every bed has it's own charging plug and a little lamp, that's very comfortable. There's a kitchen w, you get free coffee/tea and toast with jam for breakfast. I've found that there's no special atmosphere but it was nice. In general I would recommend it.

Met lots of great people here - the rooftop bar is great. Staff weren't great and our room did have to be changed because of some problem. Would go back, though!

Good value for money. I stayed one night and found the hostel to be clean and well taken care of. The staff are friendly and the rooms are cheap and cheerful.

Decent place to stay in KL for a decent price. Close to Paser Seni MRT station and the GOKL station (free bus round the inner city). 12 bed dorm is ok, not the greatest beds as they are quite squeaky. Nice rooftop bar in the evenings and have been doing free BBQs on saturday nights which makes a good atmosphere.

Brilliant!no faults at all,very clean and cosy, loved the bar upstairs and the bar manager hes really nice and easy going!gutted we didnt book in time again this time so book in advance you wont be disappointed. staff are friendly&helpful, saw them even removing cushion covers and washing them!seems newly renovated :) loved it ! thankyou :)

I just stayed here for a night, but I wish I had stayed at this hostel more. The hostel was good on cleanliness. Atmosphere was very friendly. I luckily went on Saturday when they had this rooftop barbecue party. I met quite a few people during the party and all were friendly. I found one of the staff member a bit unfriendly but others were very hospitable. All in all a big thumbs up!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • India

Really nice hostel would stay again. Had private room and it was very nice. Bed was comfy. Only thing would be that the toilets need to be cleaned more apart from that it was very good.

It was really nice stay! I loved rooftop bar and the atmosphere is really good.

Staff were good, which always makes the difference. Stayed in the single room with air con - beds are comfortable, although small. Great rooftop bar - nice social hostel.

The hostel has a really great atmosphere. The common area and the rooms look nice. China Town, Central Market and some temples are within walking distance. The nearby Metro station makes it easy to also visit other destinations. Easy internet access via computer and Wifi was good in both the common area and the rooms. All in all a really good place to stay :)

While the facilities were good, the service from the staff were quite poor. While on the Hostelworld site the staff states friendly, helpful, assists with airport dropoffs, they were neither. The staff could not help us with directions to a restaurant, nor did they assist us with any service to the airport and declined to provide us with even a cab number. Moreover on our last day there, the AC broke down and water was dripping from the ceiling to the beds. The staff did not care when informed.

need to improve breakfast and clean sheet, information.

A part of the hostel is freshly renovated, the other part where i had my room was not. My room and floor was very shabby. So try to get a room in the renovated part. Everything else was exceptional good and i would go there for another time.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels