The Trip Hostel Reviews

Emilio Sader entre Blvd. Artigas y Av. Francia, La Pastora, Punta del Este, Uruguay

Best hostel experience I've had to date. Awesome atmosphere, perfect location and amazing staff. Marcelo really goes above and beyond to make sure all guests are having a good time! ended up spending the rest of my time here instead of moving further east like i had planned.

The Trip Hostel is like a charismatic ex-boyfriend, you're charmed by his carefree, pot-smoking attitude and fun ways so you overlook certain things. Like an ex-boyfriend, this hostel is good for a one night stand when you need somewhere convenient, cheap and guaranteed to be a good time, but you know he's not marriage material.

hahahahaha nobody wants to get married here! Let's live fun and free! We wish you a good husband hostel for the next stop. With love ... Gonzalo!

Marcelo and the other staff were really good. Helpful and created a great environment. Good vibes and location - got absolutely nailed by mosquitoes and there was a seedy old bloke there the whole time. Recommended

Best hostel experience thus far in South America. The atmosphere is incomparable and the staff incredible. STAY AT THIS HOSTEL!!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Thanx so much! Thanx for sharing your good vibes with all the hostel! ula ula teacher, we'll miss you!

Party hostel.. Music will go on until 2:00, impossible to sleep before that if you're staying in the 10 beds dorm.. Also no mosquito nets on the windows, no way to sleep if you so t have repellent.. The room had a water leak.. On the positive side the staff is excellent and the atmosphere is great nice common areas, just do t stay on the 10 bed dorm

Hi :) thanx for the review! It's true, we have fun and play music. In summer music won't go down for sure beofre 01.00 We are really sorry, it's part of the hostel soul. About mosquitoes, you're right, we'll work to improove that. Thanx again!

Quiet hours are 2:00 -10:00 but not enforced. There is loud music playing all night. Half the lockers in the room were broken. It rained one night and there was a leak in the roof that soaked a few beds in the dorm. The upside is the location in regards to the bus station and the staff which is fantastic. The hostel is definitely a party atmospher and you need to be ready for that if you want to stay here. Otherwise I would absolutely stay somewhere else.

Hi! Thanx for your review! The Trip is party atmosphere, of corse it is. Everyone should know that. Thanx again and we'll work hard to improove!

The best thing about this hostel was the staff! They were all friendly and helpful. The 12 bed female dorm realistically only has enough space for about 8 ppl max. But otherwise a good hostel

THanx for your review! Keep the good vibes!

Keep the good vibe and party mode.

Thanx man! We'll keep the good vibe and party mode. That is The Trip Hostel!

My time at the Trip Hostel was a highlight of my trip. The hostel is clean, has a great kitchen and hangout space, and is in an awesome location. What really made this hostel special though were the people. All the boys working at the hostel (especially Marcelo) are wonderful and really went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best it could be. All in all a great hostel with an chill vibe and incredible staff. I'm already wanting to go back.

• 17th Nov 2014

Thanx so much for your words! We are really happy that you could have a nice stay here. that's our main plan, people here having great times! Bless!!

Trip hostel was wonderful! I had an excellent time here. I actually arrived in Montevideo with food sickness, and I couldn't have been in a more comfortable location. The beds were comfy. The hostel is clean. A nice movie room (WITH NETFLIX). Breakfast was fine. Wifi worked throughout. The staff were incredibly kind and helpful.

Really relaxed, chilled out hostel, in a good location very close to the bus stop. Staff are all very helpful and the occasional bbqs are great.

The hostel is close to everything (restaurants, bus station, stores, etc). The staff is the best. I just would like to have more options of juice on breakfast.

• 16th Oct 2014

The Trip Hostel was a great place for a vacation with my friends and I for a couple of days in Punta Del Este. The staff was incredibly helpful and easy going, the building is unique and fun, and the people were awesome. They cooked a 25-man asado two days in a row and was some of the best meat I have tasted in a while. Thanks again for your time Marcelo and everyone else.

• 15th Oct 2014

Good people, good vibes.

My stay at The Trip was like no other, the first place ive stayed in with a really laid back vibe.. a big thanks to all the boys running the place, Diego, Fernando, Tommy, Gonzalo and Mercelo. thanks again.. Marcelo Marcelo Marcelo!

Great location near the bus station and the beaches. Very relaxed atmosphere, a fun place.

The hostel is super charming, close to everything you need. It is clean, organized. I really enjoyed the bthrooms, they are big, have good showers. The kitche is really well equipped. Even not being high season, my room was quite full. But the best part is definetely the staff, they made us feel super comfortable and helped us on every single thing we requested: buses, places to see, where to eat, where to stay in other cities in UY. Special thanks to Marcelo and Thamires, who were great to us!

Trip Hostel is a perfect Hostel!! Staff people are so amazing I loved that place! I really recommend!!

• 16th Aug 2014

Awesome staff, very helpfull. The hostel is in a great location, near everything you need.

Excellent hostel!! very good atmosphere, great location and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful! The staff and their friends were always around in a good mood making great effort to make our stay the best possible. And it couldn't have been better. I really recommend it!!

View all Punta del Este Hostels