The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

A lot of noises during the early morning that cannot make you sleep.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Room had people living in it. Stink of stale urine throughout the room and had numerous cockroaches. Comfy beds and staff were very nice.

In my opinion,,it has to change the carpet floor to ceramic floor; clean the filters condictioner air (bad smell), insert the informatons about customers arrived by Forl Laudedade Airport.

wifi in roons is very very bad

It was a awful and nigthmare experience,Ill pay in advance , a roommate quick me off also accused me of snoring, intimidate me at the room and the response fron the staff was tha I was the one to be quick off of your property in very rude and bad maners, not only I deserve the reimburse what Ill receive but also a indemnization for the event, hopefully, I ll find better places for my future vacation.

Very filty hostel, cockroaches everywhere in the kitchen and rat outside in the garden. The rooms doesn´t get cleaned and old trash laying around. Most of the people that work there were not very friendly, didn´t even say hi to you. Didn´t like the atmosphere, that was all about getting as drunk as possible and otherwise not really socializing in another kind of way.

It was a great place. Very close to a lot of things. Walking distance to amazing restaurants and cafes.

• 29th May 2015

Security sucked.....I thought you had to have a foreign passport...??? Obviously not....

The hostel worthes it by its price and location. I was traveling as a couple and it was a good choice once we weren't with a car.

• 27th May 2015

It was good hostel but I think they should offer the locker I lost my shoes in there Except security, quite good hostel

• 16th May 2015

Not the nicest looking but the location is great.

• 16th May 2015
  • Romania

Had a great stay, room was perfect for what we needed, thanks!

Great place to stay, awesome location, staff were very helpful. Nice cooking space outside.

• 6th May 2015

Loved outdoor kitchen. Great place for any age group to stay. Good quiet place to sleep if this is what you want to do.

good location,very clean, good staff. not good: dont have rest room (wc), out off rooms, so after check out you must to go outside hostel for wc.

If you have lockers in the room to secure the safy of personal items. It would be much helpful!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • China

great location, had a good time besides one of the people in the room

Here's a list of what you need to know: - The wifi is not working in the rooms, it only works in the lobby. - The staff is rough. - The pool is not clean and it smells like garbage outside. - It's really close to the beach and other location of miami beach! - The beds are not comfortable at all, make sure you have your own pillow. The a/c works, but is very noisy For this price, I recommend you pay a little bit more to be somewhere else than in this hostel. I would definitely not recommend it.

• 22nd Apr 2015

As many other reviewers have noted, the walls are quite thing and sound carries astonishingly well. Hey, you didn't come to Miami to sleep, did you?? But, with a single street and charming, tree-lined pass through between you and the beach, 2 blocks from the strip, it is a fantastic value for your dollar. Staff were consistently helpful. Baddass Thea(?) was a delight, and when we left a dress behind in the closet it was held for us until we could return for it, 2 days later.

Really good location!