The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

it must be cleaned everyday. the location is good. near the bus stop,the mall and the beach. but i stayed in a dorm. its a hostel. but there were so many old people. if u want to make some new young traveler. i dont recommed here.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Nice little hotel near the sea... The only thing i did not like was the girl at night evening reception. I had to make a phone call but i lost my adapter while travelling. When i askt her if i could use her adaptor she first told me she did not have one. When i told her it was the same one she was using on her tablet she told me a other excuse. When i left the reception to go buy a new adapter she immediately start playing games on her tablet again

My one small quibble with this hostel, as I have with most places in the USA, is the complete absence of any re-cycling facilities. Most people that use a hostel are used to this in other countries, it would be nice to have some here. Otherwise good value for money. The cooking facilities are very good.

• 9th Sep 2014

Tropics was a great stop in South Beach, The staff (Taey) were awseome, and the outdoor kitchen was a great hang out.

great location and fantastic price. the only issue is that the kitchen wasn't highly equipped. needs an oven and more kitchen ware at minimum. some more facilities like movies on a night or free walking tours might be good also

The pool is way nicer than the pictures show. You couldn't find a better location. Equal distance from bar areas, clubs and the beach. All within five minute walk. Staff was good especially Tay.

• 27th Aug 2014

Ok. Good. Good friends on the hostel.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Staff perfect, perfect location, pool, clean. The only one problem the noise after 10 pm.

• 1st Aug 2014

You could do with a toaster I the kitchen area. Also the bathroom window don’t open so air fresheners might be an idea. Otherwise great place. The staff were amazing. Especially with my boyfriend asking a million questions

Restroom needs to be cleaned at hostels daily... They need a printer, even if u sell the print-outs, its a basic thing to have....

This was a very good stay for a good price! Location, big rooms and funny and friendly staff.. If any comments they could do more to bring travelers togeather and staff should have more tourist info. But that is just extra points.. The Tropics gets my vote and i would stay there again! Love from Iceland to Miami Tropics staff!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

Great location and friendly staff. The common areas are not very comfortable and they could use some tabletops/desk like areas. No lockers in room is a drawback. No way to print. Since travelers often need to print travel documents that is a big drawvack. Otherwise, friendly and clean. I'll be back.

Fantastic location! Right next to South beach and plenty of shops - only thing no supermarkets had to shop in pharmacies! Staff weren't overly helpful. If you want somewhere as a base and don't plan to be there all the time then go here! Good for a budget - we stayed in private double ensuite, very clean but basic :) shame the road works were outside - made no adjustments for accessibility so maybe ring ahead if you need help or have heavy bags. Overall: great!

The Tropics is a funny mixture of a hotel and a hostel and isn't quite either. We stayed in a private room, which was very clean, however the bed was uncomfortable and the walls were very thin, so we woke up a few times to noise in the night. On the other hand, the location is great (only a couple of blocks away from South Beach) and the staff were very helpful in fixing problems with our room, calling a taxi for us and recommending places to eat. Also, we loved the pool!

The best fact is the ubication and how confortable and clean was the room.The personal staff was very kind and charmy hiring me a taxi to the airport even though the taxidriver charged me more money than they told me.I would advice people to book this hostel in Miami.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Some persons of the staff have been very friendly, others not. The rooms are very tiny, as are the beds. There is no space to put your things. You have to put everything on the floor. On the floor there is a very dirty carpet. I did not find any friends in the hostel, there was no group activity offered. The walls are very thin so you hear everything. And I had to ask for towels. All in all I did not enjoy my stay. Moreover there were construction works right in front of the hostel.....

• 22nd Jun 2014

Good location! Really close to the beach. The hostel didn't have free parking, but there was public parking just around the corner $16/day. Our room smelled a bit strange, but it was clean.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

You get what you pay for. A quiet hostel right in the middle of South Beach, great location with ok facilities. I will definitely be back for my 3rd stay.

Great location and good value for money on South Beach. Excellent pool and friendly staff. Not a 'party place' but full of a wide range of people from backpackers to old couples. Rooms ok but tired, as are the bathrooms.

Very simple, but OK for a couple nights.