The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

The only good thing about this spot is where it is and its cheap enough. But its painted like mental hospital The kichen where u store your food was full of ants which ment when we went back to our food it was full of ants and we had to throw it out also cockroches about 2inchs were in the kitchen too.the walls were paper thin as well. Wifi only in the lounge area. The beds were comfortable enough anyhow. Good laundry facilities.

I stayed there a couple of nights, and the hostel has a very good location and it cheap. I stayed in a room with 4 beds, everything was cleaning.

Wifi in rooms is a must instead of just the lobby.

Great value for money! Easy walk to Ocean blvd and the staff are extremely helpful. Rooms are clean as well as bathrooms. Only problem- no blankets. If you are a cold person like me, bring your own blankets.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

Excellent place! Could use better lichen and cooking. Everyone was cooperative.

• 22nd Oct 2015

I work in the hotel industry for many years and staying at Tropics made me feel a little disappointed with the treatment, specially from the management. I have stayed in many hotels and hostels in several countries and I've never been treated so bad as in this. I was behind the the pool area looking for some different plants when the manager came to me and said: "Get out of here! This is not a place for guests." The education makes the difference everywhere! Here, Taey makes the difference!

• 20th Oct 2015

Very good Hotel in a great location. Very close to the beach, a supermarket, souvenir shops uand shopping districts. All the tours we booked picked us up in front of the hotel. The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. The pool is nice as well and not crowded. Would definitely stay there again!

They refused my stay because i did notbhave a passport causing me extreme grief. As an american citizen traveling from north florida there is no reason to bring my passport. Trip destroying cavaets like that should be boldly disclaimed.

good hostel for the money you pay

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Romania

We enjoyed our stay at Tropics. Very good value for money in an excellent location just off Miami beach, right alongside all the more expensive hotels. The kitchen and pool area were basic but useable and staff were friendly even though they weren't very well informed on how to get to places around Miami. There also isn't anywhere to lock up your valuables. Overall though it felt safe and we had a great time.

Great location, great pool, free wifi.

This hostel is perfectly located in south beach & there is a huge pool in back with fridges & a cooking area so you can save $ & buy your own food! Great place and affordable!

Staff down to earth and very friendly! Location, location, location!! Prices very reasonable for value!

Great good value hostel in a great location. Didn't use the pool as arrived late and left early but looked great. Near bus stop so easy bus in and out from Miami International airport. Would use again!

A lot of noises during the early morning that cannot make you sleep.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Room had people living in it. Stink of stale urine throughout the room and had numerous cockroaches. Comfy beds and staff were very nice.

In my opinion,,it has to change the carpet floor to ceramic floor; clean the filters condictioner air (bad smell), insert the informatons about customers arrived by Forl Laudedade Airport.

wifi in roons is very very bad

It was a awful and nigthmare experience,Ill pay in advance , a roommate quick me off also accused me of snoring, intimidate me at the room and the response fron the staff was tha I was the one to be quick off of your property in very rude and bad maners, not only I deserve the reimburse what Ill receive but also a indemnization for the event, hopefully, I ll find better places for my future vacation.

Very filty hostel, cockroaches everywhere in the kitchen and rat outside in the garden. The rooms doesn´t get cleaned and old trash laying around. Most of the people that work there were not very friendly, didn´t even say hi to you. Didn´t like the atmosphere, that was all about getting as drunk as possible and otherwise not really socializing in another kind of way.