The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

Nice location, close to the beach. Big kitchen and common area to chill.

The staff is great. Such nice and helpful people. The hostel is party if you want, but I had classes every day 8am and had no problem getting asleep. Not that much noise and the fan is cool enough, so staying in the 11$ room is perfectly fine. A 10 for me this hostel!!

• 10th Jan 2015

Location is perfect, the rest is up to standard. But a good place to stay over the nignight!

Its a really nice hostel for staying a few nights. Its clean, staff is nice and the food is decent. However it has very much a party atmosphere and there is not enough space to hang and just drink a beer, read a book and chat with people.

A part from the internet that would not always connect and the hair dryer that most of the times was not available, our experience was absolutely great. Lovely staff, very helpful and great atmosphere.

• 31st Dec 2014

not a lot of activities

• 28th Dec 2014
  • China

If this were a yacht, I'd name it -LE PETIT PRINCE- location, location, location. No HDTV, no toaster, no lockers, no geyser, no prob. Still the patio kitchen has a feel of provence I favored. Unforgettable holiday holidaying with an ABBA touch that may not last forever.

The location is great; just a few steps from Lincoln Road and very close to many clubs. Double private room in which we stayed was spacious and clean. Swimming pool is a plus. Only thing wifi was not working At all in our room at 3d floor but only in the lobby.

1. Room key was not available at time of check in 2. Prior tenant's sheets still left on bed and we had to clear it ourselves 3. Mixed bedroom not recommended for female lodgers as most tenants were male and some were intimidating (after coming back drunk) 4. We came in a party of three and swapped rooms between ourselves. Staff woke one of us up abruptly early in the morning at about 6 am she was asked to leave the room immediately without seeking clarification

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Great hostel in a great location. The facilities offered were great, a place to cook if you are on a budget or South Beach is just on your doorstop to explore. The reception was manned 24/7 so you felt secure and it was nice to know there would be someone there if you needed them. All the staff I talked to were fun and helpful. The room itself was fine, could maybe do with a lick of paint but for the price it was spot on - nice Art Deco features. Would highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Dec 2014

Its a very quiet hostel and not really a place to meet new people. However the pool area is really nice. The rooms and bathrooms are not clean and there are no safety deposits in the room!

Amazing place to stay. The staff are very friendly yet professional and strict that helps Miami vacation crowds in control especially on weekends. They have strict rules and guests abide by them which make others feel secured. We paid 18$ a night in a four bedroom dorm. So we didn't really expect a lot. However, there are no lockers for your personal belongings. Diff cultures and guests indeed made my trip more exciting. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Will stay there again.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • India

The price of the room is too high for the quality of the accommodation. The rooms are quite old, the carpet stinks and the shower doesn't have any pressure. The location is very good and the garden area as well. The staff is OK fine.

People at the reception were very nice and gentle.

• 28th Nov 2014

Nice place . perfect location and good facilities at the Kitchen ! Next time I am at south-beach I will stay at this place again...

All of the staff were great....polite and courteous! A few homeless people like to hang out on the patio outside. I mentioned to the man at the desk at night.....he told me don't worry about it, their harmless. The guy was borrowing cigarettes, starting conversations with the guests trying to get into their personal business.

there are no lockers.

The location was great - the hostel was close to the beach, shops, and all sorts of things. The hostel had adequate facilities (kitchen, laundry etc), and it's cool they had a pool! My room and bathroom were cleaned daily which was great. Air-con was cold in my shared dorm, the option of a light blanket with the sheets would have been appreciated.

Great location, nice pool, you have everything just Around the corner.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Spain

my bad was really uncomfortable and I had a back pain while trying to sleep on that mattress although I stayed in a private room! the pillows were not comfortable either!! the rooms are also extremely outdated. some improvement is needed in the bathrooms...