The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

Great location and friendly staff. The common areas are not very comfortable and they could use some tabletops/desk like areas. No lockers in room is a drawback. No way to print. Since travelers often need to print travel documents that is a big drawvack. Otherwise, friendly and clean. I'll be back.

• 13th Jul 2014

Fantastic location! Right next to South beach and plenty of shops - only thing no supermarkets had to shop in pharmacies! Staff weren't overly helpful. If you want somewhere as a base and don't plan to be there all the time then go here! Good for a budget - we stayed in private double ensuite, very clean but basic :) shame the road works were outside - made no adjustments for accessibility so maybe ring ahead if you need help or have heavy bags. Overall: great!

The Tropics is a funny mixture of a hotel and a hostel and isn't quite either. We stayed in a private room, which was very clean, however the bed was uncomfortable and the walls were very thin, so we woke up a few times to noise in the night. On the other hand, the location is great (only a couple of blocks away from South Beach) and the staff were very helpful in fixing problems with our room, calling a taxi for us and recommending places to eat. Also, we loved the pool!

The best fact is the ubication and how confortable and clean was the room.The personal staff was very kind and charmy hiring me a taxi to the airport even though the taxidriver charged me more money than they told me.I would advice people to book this hostel in Miami.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Some persons of the staff have been very friendly, others not. The rooms are very tiny, as are the beds. There is no space to put your things. You have to put everything on the floor. On the floor there is a very dirty carpet. I did not find any friends in the hostel, there was no group activity offered. The walls are very thin so you hear everything. And I had to ask for towels. All in all I did not enjoy my stay. Moreover there were construction works right in front of the hostel.....

• 22nd Jun 2014

Good location! Really close to the beach. The hostel didn't have free parking, but there was public parking just around the corner $16/day. Our room smelled a bit strange, but it was clean.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

You get what you pay for. A quiet hostel right in the middle of South Beach, great location with ok facilities. I will definitely be back for my 3rd stay.

Great location and good value for money on South Beach. Excellent pool and friendly staff. Not a 'party place' but full of a wide range of people from backpackers to old couples. Rooms ok but tired, as are the bathrooms.

Very simple, but OK for a couple nights.

The location is very good you just had to cross the street to reach the Beach. This Hostel is near to the ocean Drive, Washignton Ave. Espanola Way, The beach. The swimmingpool area is very nice but it close at midnight The staff was cool excepted one guy..

The hotel looks like it has not been renovated for the last 30 years. The staff was polite with one exception. The guys name is Jonathan (or something very similar). I have never, NEVER, experienced such an unfriendly and arrogant reception guy. This opinion was shared by several other guests of the hotel. No thank you, no please, arrogant answers to questions of hotel guests just disgusting. Apart from that only the location of the hotel is good. In total I wouldn't recommend it

• 20th May 2014

no coffee, nos towel. Very basic,

The location is very good!

Clean and relatively spacious, a bit older building but it has been well taken care of. Friendly staff and great location!

it was a good experience, i loved the pool. many space into the room. clean enough and friendly staff.well located. a/c works. value for money is really good

worth of the money. location is excellent.

• 7th May 2014
  • Turkey

The location is the best part, just right in the heart of south beach.

"Location" isthe word for this hostel

Great location