The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

The location is excellent. Close to beach , shopping, buses and resturants. The hostel is worth the money, I stayed in a room for 2 ppl. The room was clean, cleaning everyday but the bathroom would need some renovation soon. I would also wished for better service from the staff. Absolutly worth the money, you get what you pay for.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Nice staff, clean and perfect location! I will come back next year!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great location, one block from the beach. The room was a bit on the shabby side but was bright, clean and airy. The beds were comfortable, we had 2 chest of drawers and a table. We had an ensuing and the room was cleaned daily. The receptionist Kirsten was fantastic - she was really welcoming and great about helping us organise our day trips and recommending places to eat.

Staff were very helpfull on advising where to go and what was local to the hostel. The location of the hostel was the best part about it, just a 5 min walk to ocean drive and the beach.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great place to stay, about the location. Close to Espanhola Way

there are not any locker but everyone was pretty good about leaving everyone's stuff alone

If you are a USA citizen make sure you still bring your passport or student ID. The man at the front desk gave me an attitude and said I couldn't check in with my state ID. I think we were both having bad days but regardless he could have just told me that I needed a school ID to check in and not passport. Good location on Collins to walk to beach and clubs if need be. Outdoor pool area and lobby are very nice. Not bad if you need a few nights to crash in one of the most expensive cities.

The guy at the reception was very unfriendly and "service" was an foreign word to him. Moreover, the room was really poor and the facilities even worse.

• 21st Mar 2014

No lockers in the rooms. Nice pool.

The location of this place is fantastic and it's a relaxed setting for South Beach. Not a party hostel, which is a good thing. The lady working the desk was fabulous, but the other staff were "okay". Not all that friendly. The room was a good size and the outdoor area is nice. The bathrooms, though, were kind of brutal. I hoped they'd be cleaner. Overall, things were pretty average.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Good located to get around South Beach, however not a such safe place where to leave your stuff (no lockers, no control where you leave your stuff in the "luggage room").

It was very old but clean.

1 2 Next » last »