The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

Clean and relatively spacious, a bit older building but it has been well taken care of. Friendly staff and great location!

it was a good experience, i loved the pool. many space into the room. clean enough and friendly staff.well located. a/c works. value for money is really good

worth of the money. location is excellent.

• 7th May 2014
  • Turkey

The location is the best part, just right in the heart of south beach.

"Location" isthe word for this hostel

Great location

Staff can be helpful

The location is excellent. Close to beach , shopping, buses and resturants. The hostel is worth the money, I stayed in a room for 2 ppl. The room was clean, cleaning everyday but the bathroom would need some renovation soon. I would also wished for better service from the staff. Absolutly worth the money, you get what you pay for.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Nice staff, clean and perfect location! I will come back next year!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great location, one block from the beach. The room was a bit on the shabby side but was bright, clean and airy. The beds were comfortable, we had 2 chest of drawers and a table. We had an ensuing and the room was cleaned daily. The receptionist Kirsten was fantastic - she was really welcoming and great about helping us organise our day trips and recommending places to eat.

Staff were very helpfull on advising where to go and what was local to the hostel. The location of the hostel was the best part about it, just a 5 min walk to ocean drive and the beach.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great place to stay, about the location. Close to Espanhola Way

there are not any locker but everyone was pretty good about leaving everyone's stuff alone

If you are a USA citizen make sure you still bring your passport or student ID. The man at the front desk gave me an attitude and said I couldn't check in with my state ID. I think we were both having bad days but regardless he could have just told me that I needed a school ID to check in and not passport. Good location on Collins to walk to beach and clubs if need be. Outdoor pool area and lobby are very nice. Not bad if you need a few nights to crash in one of the most expensive cities.

The guy at the reception was very unfriendly and "service" was an foreign word to him. Moreover, the room was really poor and the facilities even worse.

• 21st Mar 2014