The Tropics Hotel and Hostel Reviews

1550 Collins Ave, Miami, USA

This was a very good stay for a good price! Location, big rooms and funny and friendly staff.. If any comments they could do more to bring travelers togeather and staff should have more tourist info. But that is just extra points.. The Tropics gets my vote and i would stay there again! Love from Iceland to Miami Tropics staff!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

Great location and friendly staff. The common areas are not very comfortable and they could use some tabletops/desk like areas. No lockers in room is a drawback. No way to print. Since travelers often need to print travel documents that is a big drawvack. Otherwise, friendly and clean. I'll be back.

Fantastic location! Right next to South beach and plenty of shops - only thing no supermarkets had to shop in pharmacies! Staff weren't overly helpful. If you want somewhere as a base and don't plan to be there all the time then go here! Good for a budget - we stayed in private double ensuite, very clean but basic :) shame the road works were outside - made no adjustments for accessibility so maybe ring ahead if you need help or have heavy bags. Overall: great!

The Tropics is a funny mixture of a hotel and a hostel and isn't quite either. We stayed in a private room, which was very clean, however the bed was uncomfortable and the walls were very thin, so we woke up a few times to noise in the night. On the other hand, the location is great (only a couple of blocks away from South Beach) and the staff were very helpful in fixing problems with our room, calling a taxi for us and recommending places to eat. Also, we loved the pool!

The best fact is the ubication and how confortable and clean was the room.The personal staff was very kind and charmy hiring me a taxi to the airport even though the taxidriver charged me more money than they told me.I would advice people to book this hostel in Miami.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Some persons of the staff have been very friendly, others not. The rooms are very tiny, as are the beds. There is no space to put your things. You have to put everything on the floor. On the floor there is a very dirty carpet. I did not find any friends in the hostel, there was no group activity offered. The walls are very thin so you hear everything. And I had to ask for towels. All in all I did not enjoy my stay. Moreover there were construction works right in front of the hostel.....

1 2 Next » last »