The Urban Age Reviews

130/6 Silom soi 8, Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

Cool location, right off a main street in Silom area. The night market is literally 30 ft from the hostel. I wouldn't say the hostel was cute or stylish, but it was mostly clean (just kind of old) and bed was comfy. The co-ed 2 bed dorm is interesting...! It's kind of intimate if you're a guy/girl..=) The staff lady was sweet and helpful. Downstairs has a little sitting area with couches, wifi, and free coffee. I like quirky hostels that aren't too touristy, so I liked this one.

This hostel unfortunatly was a bit of a let down. the room was damp and smelt and the bathrooms were unclean. However we were greeted nicely by the receptionist when we arrived late at night.

• 19th Feb 2015

Really nice hostle looks a bit run down but the facilities are all in good condition! Helpful staff and close to the BTS and night market so good location! Definatly recommend!

Nice hotel with friendly staff and great location, 5 to 10 minutes walk from a BTS and a MRT station. Not quite as cheap as some other hotels in which I stayed, but still affordable and good value for money. I much preferred staying in the Silom area to the Khao San area, for the transport links. I also recommend going to Sala Daeng Street, Soi 2 (close to Sala Daeng BTS station), which has plenty of restaurants and stalls at lunch time, which appear to cater more to Thais than tourists.

Hope to see you in the nedt time. ^.^

It was quick an easy both check in and check out. many would say that it is dirty, well no it isn't at all it's just old a bit not well maintained i guess. over all i would strongly recommend if you need to stay aroud that area.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Algeria

Thank you for visiting our hostel. ^-^

I stayed in this hostel (more like a guesthouse actually) with a friend and we had a great time. For sure there are hostels with more and maybe better facilities. But when you are in Bangkok you pretty much use the hostel for three things: sleep, shower and laundry. Wifi very good btw. I would give a "very poor" in cleanliness if I see a rat running around or a few bugs.. So this place is pretty ok. Shower: slightly warm, but nice. Wouldn't recommend it for people that wants to meet people.

Do not stay here unless you want to be eaten alive in bed. I ended up getting lymes disease from one nights stay and I had my own liner! Enough said!

The Siamese Twin Room is quite big and nice, but only one shared bathroom+toilet on the floor. Great location and 5-minute walking distance to BTS station.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Great place in the modern part of Bangkok. Staff very nice and helpful!