The Urban Age Reviews

130/6 Silom soi 8, Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

Thanks for the good stay. I really appreciated the towel service, and someone walking me up to my room. Will stay here again! :)

The rooms were grotty, dirty and smelly. This could be a good hostel if they cleaned, there was mould and fluff all over the windows, the floor was dirty and our bedsheets were wet, would never stay here again. The receptionist was friendly and let us keep our bags there which was a bonus

Would be great to have wifi also in the 6th floor, where the backpackers are

We stayed in this hostel in 2011 and it was a very nice place, good location near the subway and very helpful staff. This year we stayed again and none of the previous staff but one girl was there, she is super nice but her english skills are not good. The rest of the staff never even sayed hello to us, just stayed all day long on the couches looking at their cellphones. The room was in really bad shape and the bathrooms too. It was really dissapointing to us.

We were put on the 6th floor, told wifi would be available but it only worked on the ground floor. The hostel had no lift and very tight to get your bags up. The beds had broken springs. Very hard to find location

Only stayed one night, good location for the Myanmar embassy and right next to patpongs night market and lumphini park

Decent hostel. Cheap price. WiFi is spotty.

It was pretty average really. Staff were nice and helpfull. But they turn aircon off from 1pm-5pm so room on 6th floor was very hot and stuffy during the day. My locker had same key as 2 other lockers. Can't use own padlock. So was nowhere secure for passport. In an area of lots of massage parlours and lady shows so you get lots of offers but very close sky train.

Hello, We have already installed the hasp with every locker ,so the guests can use their own padlock for the safety. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Stayed here a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. One key unlocks several of the lockers, was greeted with indifference when making a vacant staff member aware. Staff in general seemed miles away. Having started in India I've grown used to a certain amount of filth but the bathrooms stank. Lower bathrooms were much cleaner, suggesting designated cleaner couldn't be bothered with the stairs... Aircon off between 11-5. Much cheaper, and better quality hostels in equality decent locations

Getting run down each time I visit. I think this was my last time.

Great hostel. Great location. Overall I had a great stay. It is very inexpensive for the area and served as a great base. The beds were comfy and the rooms were a comfortable temperature to sleep in. The hostel is a bit dated but still quite nice. The only thing I didn't like was I accidentally put my key in the wrong locker and it opened. It seems that all the keys are identical. This should be fixed so that people that have valuables can feel safe leaving their stuff behind. Overall A+!!!!

Cool location, right off a main street in Silom area. The night market is literally 30 ft from the hostel. I wouldn't say the hostel was cute or stylish, but it was mostly clean (just kind of old) and bed was comfy. The co-ed 2 bed dorm is interesting...! It's kind of intimate if you're a guy/girl..=) The staff lady was sweet and helpful. Downstairs has a little sitting area with couches, wifi, and free coffee. I like quirky hostels that aren't too touristy, so I liked this one.

^-^ ^-^ ^-^

This hostel unfortunatly was a bit of a let down. the room was damp and smelt and the bathrooms were unclean. However we were greeted nicely by the receptionist when we arrived late at night.

Really nice hostle looks a bit run down but the facilities are all in good condition! Helpful staff and close to the BTS and night market so good location! Definatly recommend!

← Back to search results