The Urban Age Reviews

130/6 Silom soi 8, Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

Centally located in the heart of Silom neighborhood, restaurauts, shops, groceries all around. The night market of Patpong is just down the street. One metro station Silom 150 m away and one MRT station Sala Daeng 100 m away. At this price, the best deal in central Bangkok. The dorms are in the 6th floor & there is no lift !

great hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

The dorm room and shared bathroom were filthy, not to mention up six flights of stairs. We were only there for one night but the other guests we were speaking to told us about all the bed bugs and cockroaches they had seen. Despite this, friendly staff, good location and free tea and coffee. Not bad if you're only staying a night or two, just not the cleanest place you'll find.

The hostel is average but the staffs very friendly and always smiling. Wifi is good in first floor but it was not working in six floor.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

My second stay here. Centrally located in Silom (very close to Sala Daeng BTS and Silom MRT). Easy to make friends and to plan trips with fellow travellers. Only down : dorms are in the 6t stage without lift. But still, excellent option in Bangkok.

very friendly and helpful staff, strategic location

I think this is a great little hostel for when you only have a couple of days and don't need lots of extra facilities. I love the location as it's close to the BTS and MRT. There's a night market right on your doorstep as well as lots of other shops and restaurants. If you want to spend time in the Khao San Road area it is a bit far away but easily doable if you have the inclination to visit (but not if you want to spend most of your time there). I returned to the hostel on several occasions.

Best location, very near to BTS station. Nice staff at reception speaks English, she helped us with info we needed. I stayed in a dorm on 6th floor with no elevator, that's fine with me. However, the iron bunk beds are very shaky and dangerous with lot of crackle noise which is very uncomfortable for other sleeping dorm mates. They have to fix those ASAP. Free hot beverages at reception, I enjoyed hot chocolate everyday I was there. Overall, it's okay, can maintain better by fixing few things :)

in the room there was a big stink of mold probably date from the air conditioner. perhaps the filters should be changed or at least clean. I found the structure below my expectations, one of the worst hostels I've stayed in over the years.

It is not the stink of mold. W have already cleaned the filter of air-con. It is ok now. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

It's a rundown building, but it's clean and functional. Dorms on the 5th floor without lift. Absolutely central (for real Bangkok, not for Khao San area), location very convenient. Nearby a Citi Bank with free ATM use.

Urban Age Hostel is perfectly located close to a skytrain BTS station and the metro, as well as surrounded by a night market and many bars for going out. The hostel provides towels, a cheap washing machine, dryer, good wifi and free coffee

Thank you so much for your comment. We hope to service you in the near future.

I only stayed here for one night in a two bed room and was good for what I wanted. Great value for money. Had a locker by bed for valuables and air con.

The Urban Age hostel is okay if you want to stay there for one or to nights. you can go everywhere very fast. But the rooms are not very nice, the beds not very confortable and the toilet/shower are okay but with cold water incl. I never really saw staff or other people around there.

Overall I was impressed with the quality of this hostel as it is very clean and the beds are nice and big compared to other hostels I stayed at. The staff was very helpful and speaks good English! The location is excellent as it is walking distance to Sala Daeng BTS station. :)

A very typical hostel with a typical hostelfeeling :) Small common areas, basic common spaces and facilities, the room and the bed seemed quite used, but the BTS location and the near nightlife makes the hostel very useful.

Thank you for your comments. ^-^

you get what you pay for. this place has cheap double rooms which are quite clean and comfortable. the location is good. don't expect someting amazing but to have a good sleep and then discover bangkok this is a good place to stay.

The hostel is okay if you want to stay in a 'cheap' place for a night. But even the 5 euro's they ask, is way too much for the value you get. The bunk beds are okay but move a lot. There are only staircases, and 6 floors up. The staff is really not helpful. When you ask for something you have to wait until they are in the mood to do it (which in my experience was after waiting long times). It was okay for just one night, but I would not recommend this place.

Really helpful staff. It's already been our 3rd time here and we enjoyed every stay in this place.

I tried 6-bed mix room and 2-bed mix room. I prefer the 6-bed one as the ventilation is better (places are larger u will feel less crowded). It is a building with 6 floors, no lift or escalator. Some people hate walking staircases but I am fine with it. Cleanliness is acceptable.

A pretty decent hostel I'd be happy to stay at again. The location is great for the Silom area of town (including Patpong as well as the business area). The room was reasonable, if dated, and the staff were friendly and gave helpful advice. Wifi was generally pretty reasonable, although on some occasions our devices couldn't get a connection.

Hello, Thank you for your advice ,we will check the Wifi for the better service. ^-^