The Urban Age Reviews

130/6 Silom soi 8, Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel is out of the way of everything. It's really dark and dirty we were on the 6th floor and the showers and toilets were on the 4th so that was annoying. The staff were downstairs picking nits out of each other's hair for about an hour in front of us all. Just isn't a nice hostel we booked hear for when we came back but after 1 night we cancelled it and have booked a different one.

Our hostel is a simply style because we focus the cheap price for backpack guest who want the normal security and cleanness and the cheap price. For the guest want more facility and beautiful ,the other hotel is better choice to choose. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

No hot water. Room is dirty and bathroom is also dirty. Staff is so unfriendly that we cant get any information from. However its a one 6$ stay. I moved to another place which is much better.

We have the hot water on the 3rh & 5 floor. But on the 3rd floor we have been changing the new due to it does not work. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

If your budget is very tight, this might be a place for a bed with excellent transportation (metro/bts), other than that this might not be the choice of hostel for you. 1. Dorm room is located on the top floor of the hostel with limited or no existence of wifi. 2. I was there for 2 nights & the trash inside shower room remain untouched for the entire length of the stay. 3. The staff were good which is sad to see the state of the hostel is not on par with the service. 4. Cheaper to book on9.

About wifi we are setting on the 6 floor ,may be on October will be complete. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Thanks for the good stay. I really appreciated the towel service, and someone walking me up to my room. Will stay here again! :)

The rooms were grotty, dirty and smelly. This could be a good hostel if they cleaned, there was mould and fluff all over the windows, the floor was dirty and our bedsheets were wet, would never stay here again. The receptionist was friendly and let us keep our bags there which was a bonus

Great hostel with the most lovely receptionist ever! Nice chill area with free tea and coffee. The internet is sometimes dodgy and you don't have it in all the rooms. Overall delighted with the hostel and combined with the cheap room price you have a myriad of street food outside on silom road which is perfect for the penny pinching backpacker.

• 16th Jul 2015

Would be great to have wifi also in the 6th floor, where the backpackers are

We stayed in this hostel in 2011 and it was a very nice place, good location near the subway and very helpful staff. This year we stayed again and none of the previous staff but one girl was there, she is super nice but her english skills are not good. The rest of the staff never even sayed hello to us, just stayed all day long on the couches looking at their cellphones. The room was in really bad shape and the bathrooms too. It was really dissapointing to us.

We were put on the 6th floor, told wifi would be available but it only worked on the ground floor. The hostel had no lift and very tight to get your bags up. The beds had broken springs. Very hard to find location

Only stayed one night, good location for the Myanmar embassy and right next to patpongs night market and lumphini park

Decent hostel. Cheap price. WiFi is spotty.

It was pretty average really. Staff were nice and helpfull. But they turn aircon off from 1pm-5pm so room on 6th floor was very hot and stuffy during the day. My locker had same key as 2 other lockers. Can't use own padlock. So was nowhere secure for passport. In an area of lots of massage parlours and lady shows so you get lots of offers but very close sky train.

Hello, We have already installed the hasp with every locker ,so the guests can use their own padlock for the safety. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Stayed here a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. One key unlocks several of the lockers, was greeted with indifference when making a vacant staff member aware. Staff in general seemed miles away. Having started in India I've grown used to a certain amount of filth but the bathrooms stank. Lower bathrooms were much cleaner, suggesting designated cleaner couldn't be bothered with the stairs... Aircon off between 11-5. Much cheaper, and better quality hostels in equality decent locations

Getting run down each time I visit. I think this was my last time.

Great hostel. Great location. Overall I had a great stay. It is very inexpensive for the area and served as a great base. The beds were comfy and the rooms were a comfortable temperature to sleep in. The hostel is a bit dated but still quite nice. The only thing I didn't like was I accidentally put my key in the wrong locker and it opened. It seems that all the keys are identical. This should be fixed so that people that have valuables can feel safe leaving their stuff behind. Overall A+!!!!