The Urban Age Reviews

130/6 Silom soi 8, Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

I just wanted a cheap place, close to the BTS station and this place did the trick. I liked being able to do my own laundry, although the tumble dryer is extremely expensive so I draped my clothes over my bed. Not a great social area, but overall not bad if all you need is a bed for the night.

Good deal

Got back to this place after 4 years when I liked it. My feelings now were more average but the staff and the location are as great as they used to be. Only thing that really angered me was the tour (Floating Market). I know the hostel doesn't operate it but it's also their interest that they pick a reputable operator or tell you in advance that you need to pay more and more money to see what you actually expect. In other words, it's same type of scam that warning signs in hostel warn you about.

If you want a good location and a very cheap price, but not so clean facilities, you will be happy. It is an old building, but I am pretty sure with a bit of work you could make it look way better and cleaner

Centally located in the heart of Silom neighborhood, restaurauts, shops, groceries all around. The night market of Patpong is just down the street. One metro station Silom 150 m away and one MRT station Sala Daeng 100 m away. At this price, the best deal in central Bangkok. The dorms are in the 6th floor & there is no lift !

great hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

The dorm room and shared bathroom were filthy, not to mention up six flights of stairs. We were only there for one night but the other guests we were speaking to told us about all the bed bugs and cockroaches they had seen. Despite this, friendly staff, good location and free tea and coffee. Not bad if you're only staying a night or two, just not the cleanest place you'll find.

About the bedbugs or cockroaches you mention ,because of some guests ate the snack or dessert. And some of them remain on the floor. We have cleaned every day and spray the chemical for protection every month. But this issue all the guest in the room have to help keeping clean together. For 6 floor hostel ,almost hostel in this area are same. ^.^ ^.^ ^.^

The hostel is average but the staffs very friendly and always smiling. Wifi is good in first floor but it was not working in six floor.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

My second stay here. Centrally located in Silom (very close to Sala Daeng BTS and Silom MRT). Easy to make friends and to plan trips with fellow travellers. Only down : dorms are in the 6t stage without lift. But still, excellent option in Bangkok.

very friendly and helpful staff, strategic location

I think this is a great little hostel for when you only have a couple of days and don't need lots of extra facilities. I love the location as it's close to the BTS and MRT. There's a night market right on your doorstep as well as lots of other shops and restaurants. If you want to spend time in the Khao San Road area it is a bit far away but easily doable if you have the inclination to visit (but not if you want to spend most of your time there). I returned to the hostel on several occasions.