The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Is was old and crappy

• 25th Apr 2014

Average stay for a hefty price! I guess Los Angeles can be quite pricey, however I still don't think this is good value for money.

• 16th Apr 2014

I took a risk to stay in venice after reading bad reviews. But it's completely opposite, dont believe review and relax. Around the world hostels are suppose to budget with friendly atmosphere. Thanks venice Beach hostel and ian. My experience, Book 2 days and get free ride from airport. Its in very good location and Mr. Ian made my los Angeles easy by providing city tips. Everything is available from cable tv to bike rental. Breakfast include and free wifi. I got full day tour in luxury van

Great staff :) make you very welcome....need to sort out the toilet situation and reception thing out . If they had a reception and female male toilets n showers, or at least locks , would b best hostel in Venice!!!

One gripe was the size of the security lockers, couldn't fit my work laptop in to lock it up. If there was a few extra large lockers available would be great!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

- Address on the website doesn´t match the actual address and there isn´t any indication that it 's a hostel; - They said it was 15min walk to the beach, when actually it´s at least 30min; - Hygiene is not good and my friend woke up scratching; - I asked for a private room with bathroom and our room had no separation between the bedroom and bathroom (no privacy to use the toilet). And it had no shower (only a bathtub). - Lady (owner) it was really rude. - Too expensive for the quality

• 24th Feb 2014

Had an awesome time here, the staff and travellers are friendly. Easy to get to from airport by public bus, then it's easy to get around LA with public buses/metro. Beach is a short walk away. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are clean. Free breakfast is an added bonus and the hostel is close to restaurants for lunch/dinner.

• 20th Feb 2014

- First issue, the address registered in this page is not the same, i think this is a scam , i mean i all the time was thinking that we will be in the other address a few blocks from the beach. - Bad service. - Bad attitude of a few people of the front desk - The bathrooms were with out look - We find people who were high - My friends and me book for 2 days but we only stay one and we did not get any refund. I never recommend at all this hotel

Your final word sums up the problem, we are not a hotel !! You booked the cheapest beds in a 13 bed dorm, you were a more senior group who had never stayed in a hostel before, we put you in a 8 bed dorm at no extra charge and offered assistance with directions to the Mormon assembly. We tried !!!

The staff at the hostel is very friendly and helpful. Also the common areas are really nice. The rooms are large and leave enough space for everyone.

My girlfriend and I booked the double room at the Venice beach hostel for one night. Immediately after booking I received an email stating that the owner had two locations one on Venice beach (as advertised) and another which was pretty far from the beach and not mentioned in the ad. This was disappointing as there wasn't much nearby and was misleading. The 'double room' didn't have a double bed but 2 folding single beds pushed together and the toilet was in the same room as the beds.

• 19th Jan 2014

We rented a private room and it was a glorified walk in closet/bathroom with two cots jammed inside. Not exactly what we expected. I would never stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2013

The best hostel I ever stayed. Friendly, clean and safe. Feels like home atmosphere. Definitely will stay again.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Russia

the hostel doesn't have the best location, 20 min walk to beach.. But the staff is super friendly, it feels kinda like hanging out with the family in the evening. It's clean and nice.

Would definitely come back

m ost enjoyable. Excellent atmosphere.Staff and guests friendly and helpful. Convenient to all services.A memorable stay for all the right reason

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Chilled as hostel, great place for newcomers to LA

I came from Barcelona and I had an excellent time, good location, it's a kind of familiar hostel and amazing staff, always stay tuned to help you. Totally recommend.

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Spain

There are just much better Hostels in the area, if you dont mind people walking in on you in the shower or rampant fleas in your bed, then this is definitely the hostel for you.

Every staff such a good person but it's not everything. First of all, bedbugs ruin everything. We're staying in hostels to have fun but if you are itching everytime, sorry that is not acceptable. And they are doing nothing about it. Second of all, you cannot lock the door when you're in bathroom. What is that ? The other thing is, i dont understand what kind of hostel is it because is no hostel sign aroud the building. If you dont have phone, it's imposible to find it.

I paid for the private bedroom and findout it was only a big bathroom. no privacy to use the toilet or the bathtub (there was no shower). what a joke.

• 11th Oct 2013