The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Can't complain here, great location, great people, great cheap eats in the area to

This hostel is vert Nice it looks like a house but everything is open and they have only 2 mixed bathrooms it's not convenient and annoying ..the location is very good !

This is the worst hostel I have ever been in. The staff is unfriendly, all the doors open and the rooms very dirty. I caught bedbuks there!

• 27th May 2014

Stayed during a busy period so were told that we were staying at the 'overflow' location. It was the one advertised but, it was basically just a flat with 2 long term stayers so really it just felt like we were encroaching on their space. Only 1 toilet/ shower room so getting access to it was hard work with 6 people staying here. Free breakfast and all other advertised facilities are at the other location. No atmosphere. Some staff were nice, mostly we just felt in the way. NOT worth the price.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful. My friend and me slept together in one bed it was small and very uncomfortable. There were only two bathrooms for approx. 26 persons.

This is a party hostel. If you want to have a good nights sleep to get up at a decent time the next morning this is not the place for you. The outside common area is directly below the rooms so it can be very loud throughout the night. The beds are very uncomfortable.

• 23rd May 2014

Great host Ian, very professionel , spend THE time to make sure we knew THE area, facilitet, What to se. Very helpfull and a great place to stay :) Sincerly tina and Kenneth

• 10th May 2014
  • Denmark

breakfast too late 9-10am

• 9th May 2014

Staff..One member VERY unenthusiastic, didn't have much to say..I was only notified on the day that I would be staying in the 'extra building' that the hostel has.. Which is a tatty house, really not worth the $35 I paid a night..You couldn't call it a hostel, it was a house with beds thrown in, a couple of dodgy camper beds too, bad wifi connection and a good 20 minute walk to the beach, not great when I was expecting a 5 or less, overall left me with a disappointing 2 days to end my trip.

• 27th Apr 2014

Is was old and crappy

• 25th Apr 2014

Average stay for a hefty price! I guess Los Angeles can be quite pricey, however I still don't think this is good value for money.

• 16th Apr 2014

I took a risk to stay in venice after reading bad reviews. But it's completely opposite, dont believe review and relax. Around the world hostels are suppose to budget with friendly atmosphere. Thanks venice Beach hostel and ian. My experience, Book 2 days and get free ride from airport. Its in very good location and Mr. Ian made my los Angeles easy by providing city tips. Everything is available from cable tv to bike rental. Breakfast include and free wifi. I got full day tour in luxury van

Great staff :) make you very welcome....need to sort out the toilet situation and reception thing out . If they had a reception and female male toilets n showers, or at least locks , would b best hostel in Venice!!!

One gripe was the size of the security lockers, couldn't fit my work laptop in to lock it up. If there was a few extra large lockers available would be great!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

- Address on the website doesn´t match the actual address and there isn´t any indication that it 's a hostel; - They said it was 15min walk to the beach, when actually it´s at least 30min; - Hygiene is not good and my friend woke up scratching; - I asked for a private room with bathroom and our room had no separation between the bedroom and bathroom (no privacy to use the toilet). And it had no shower (only a bathtub). - Lady (owner) it was really rude. - Too expensive for the quality

• 24th Feb 2014

Had an awesome time here, the staff and travellers are friendly. Easy to get to from airport by public bus, then it's easy to get around LA with public buses/metro. Beach is a short walk away. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are clean. Free breakfast is an added bonus and the hostel is close to restaurants for lunch/dinner.

• 20th Feb 2014

- First issue, the address registered in this page is not the same, i think this is a scam , i mean i all the time was thinking that we will be in the other address a few blocks from the beach. - Bad service. - Bad attitude of a few people of the front desk - The bathrooms were with out look - We find people who were high - My friends and me book for 2 days but we only stay one and we did not get any refund. I never recommend at all this hotel

Your final word sums up the problem, we are not a hotel !! You booked the cheapest beds in a 13 bed dorm, you were a more senior group who had never stayed in a hostel before, we put you in a 8 bed dorm at no extra charge and offered assistance with directions to the Mormon assembly. We tried !!!

The staff at the hostel is very friendly and helpful. Also the common areas are really nice. The rooms are large and leave enough space for everyone.

My girlfriend and I booked the double room at the Venice beach hostel for one night. Immediately after booking I received an email stating that the owner had two locations one on Venice beach (as advertised) and another which was pretty far from the beach and not mentioned in the ad. This was disappointing as there wasn't much nearby and was misleading. The 'double room' didn't have a double bed but 2 folding single beds pushed together and the toilet was in the same room as the beds.

• 19th Jan 2014

We rented a private room and it was a glorified walk in closet/bathroom with two cots jammed inside. Not exactly what we expected. I would never stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2013