The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, California, USA

It was my first time at a hostel and I really enjoyed it. met some awesome people who I hanged with most of my stay

• 3rd Jul 2013

I thought that this was a great hostel in terms of value for my money and close proximities to LAX airport and the beach in San Monica. I would recommend others to stay there if you like to stay close to a beach and shopping.

Cool friendly people and hostel staff

• 18th Jun 2013

Property is not in the location listed on hostel world, instead you receive an email after booking saying "hey we've temporarily relocated, here's our new address." Not acceptable. No locks on the rooms or in general, anyone could walk into the "hostel" and into the rooms if they pleased. 2 showers between how ever many beds also not acceptable. Guy who runs it very nice and helpful but whole set up just feels deceitful.

• 18th Jun 2013

I did my reservation for 7 days, paid for reservation and received document stating that the remainder would pay on the date of entry, for total consideration less the value for booking. To my surprise, the day of entry was charged at 100%. Even presenting the document, I received a bizarre explanation of fees I had to pay 2 x the amount of the booking and not got receipt.Even for the long period of seven days, was not granted discount provided on the site. There was no airport shuttle.

• 18th Jun 2013

The airport pick up works on the basis that you advise us of your arrival and call upon arrival - you didn't do that so how are we to know when you have arrived at LAX ! We explained that the price is plus tax, you paid by credit card and were given a receipt.

Not to bad. It's about a mile walk to the pier and beach or a bus is right there. A super market is close too. The bed was kinda like something from 50 years back but I got over it. I never woke up for it but I'd assume the breakfast was good. because it was free. Free food= good food. The staff was fine I guess. I pretty much just stayed on Venice beach the whole time. Price was a little high. That was the only thing I though "meeh" on. Otherwise it's not bad.

Very kind staff !! The place was big and the Internet worked well which is not the case in all the hostels... I am overally happy with my stay there !

Problem with address Easily confused with hostel down rd.many people cant find it.

• 8th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

Very disappointed, we had booked two nights but left after one. The hostel was about 2 miles from the beach which is not what we expected. Our room was in a separate Building to the actual hostel, about a 10 min walk. The room was next to a busy road which made sleeping near impossible. Beds were uncomfortable and very basic. Of the two members of staff the lady was pleasant and helpful, the only positive. Overall we were not happy and surprised with an overall rating of c 70% on your site,

• 2nd Jun 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

too noisy in the night, i woke up 2 times during 2 nights because of the LOUD noise

• 25th May 2013
  • South Korea

Good social setting good staff

Really nice atmosphere, as its a house made to a hostel. The bathrooms, where everybody can be in the room while you are on toilet or in the shower is a bit strange but really funny! Very nice staff. Very close to venice beach (15 mins walk). Great location to hang around and meet people!

It was a 30 minutes walk from Venice Beach, THEY HAD BED BUGS, and when I told them they only put me in another bed and the same night there was somebody else in that bed!! Michael and Inga were nice, but the place is not well managed, worst hostel I have stayed in so far for sure!! The beds are really uncomfortable too!! Bed bugs is a serious matter, when you find one you have to exterminate the whole place, no matter the cost, don't go there they need to exterminate the place! And they won't

This coming from a girl who while sitting next to me on the couch in the tv room FARTED out loud!

All in all, the hostel was nice. Information, however, is not very good. There are two locations, hostelworld.com has the wrong adress, check-in is in another place. The second place, where I slept, is like a real house with big bathroom, kitchen and living room (+ TV). But for breakfast you have to walk down to the other house. You can walk to the beach in 20min. Tax is not included in the prices! For the prices I ended up paying I expected a little more comfort. The bed was really unstable.

Everything's fine except one thing - changing of the rules. When I arrived I was informed that the day of departure if I leave my luggage after 2pm I would pay extra 5$ (quite surprising, but ok). The next day in the morning, the day of my departure, I was informed by another person from the staff that I would pay extra 10$. The situation was really unpleasant. Finally I paid 5$ (and I wouldn't have paid more because I hate if someone plays like that). This situation left a bad impression.

I had paid $4.33 on the internet, the site said the difference i was going to pay at the hostel was $23.67 misleading)the owner made me pay at $28 saying the rate didnt include tax, i felt cheated, I slept on a torn duvet and not clean, bed.was squeaky.all night worse with the person on top, The owner pretends to be nice but i didn't think so, he is all.about money and from a business point of view, he is going to lose. customers,improvement can be.done if constructive criticism is

very friendly salutation with a quick and informative overview for everything in and arround the hostel. the privat room was Big, but you had to pass the dorm to get in! inventary was rustic but nice. toast and cornflakes as breakfast (expected more!) and a vendor for Beer and Softies :) good food arround.just 20min. walk to Venice Beach - Bus also availible. Good Connection to the Airport 30min. with Big Blue Bus by 1$. finally I was very happy to have a nice Place for my stopover. Thanks a lot

Inga is the best :D had a great stay. Friendly and helpfull staff. Good location in LA. Venice Beach is great!

• 31st Mar 2013
  • Denmark

It takes 30 min to the beach by foot. In return it is a calm and safe surrounding. The stop of the blue line bus from and to the airport is 2 min away by foot. The atmosphere in the hostel is very pleasant.

• 30th Mar 2013

It has just 2 showers and 2 toiletts for 30 people. The matress are unconfortable and the blankets are really filthy Don't go there!!!

4 toilets and showers actually !