The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Every staff such a good person but it's not everything. First of all, bedbugs ruin everything. We're staying in hostels to have fun but if you are itching everytime, sorry that is not acceptable. And they are doing nothing about it. Second of all, you cannot lock the door when you're in bathroom. What is that ? The other thing is, i dont understand what kind of hostel is it because is no hostel sign aroud the building. If you dont have phone, it's imposible to find it.

I paid for the private bedroom and findout it was only a big bathroom. no privacy to use the toilet or the bathtub (there was no shower). what a joke.

• 11th Oct 2013

I loved it! the gratest people...

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

The staff were awesome, the hostel facilities were pretty standard, the whole place could of done with a proper clean. The hostel itself is actually about a 20 minute walk from Venice beach, so if you're expecting beachfront you will be a little disappointed. Also they have a problem with bed bugs.

• 27th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Chilled out! Free quick wifi! Bit of a walk to the beach but buses only $1. You have to walk if your taking surfboards. Great place though definetly stay again!!!

From the very moment you see the place, while being greeted by friendly staff you feel welcome and at home! The 13 person room is definitely the best choice... Variety of people, yet respectful space. The mornings were inspiring. Bring a friend, or go alone! Safe, clean, and just perfect.

• 14th Sep 2013
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Really friendly owner. Met cool people here.

Brilliant ! Well run ! Great staff. Kitchens perhaps a little small. But that would be my only gripe.

• 8th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Ian was an amazing host but Ughhh..those Bed bugs is a killer to the mood. Couldn't get sleep.

Very basic hostel in an average location. Not much going on but felt homey which is what we needed at the time. Nice staff, but crazy Serbian guy living there when we stayed, bit rude and over powering personality also obsessed with face off. Other than that, good stay.

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in a number of hostels that were both good and bad, and I have to say that Venice Beach Hostel is hands down my favorite one. From the moment I walked in the door the staff was warm and welcoming, and actually took the time to hang out and talk with the guests. The hostel feels more like a home for wayward travelers than just a place to crash. The atmosphere there really bred an easygoing friendly environment to talk and hang out. Awesome place.

• 27th Aug 2013

Worst hostel ever. There is better ones and chipper also with free shuttle bus to airport. Worst experience ever. I was not expecting anything fancy, because I knew that it was a hostel, but that was too much.

• 24th Aug 2013

Very good team, and very good relax atmosphere. I stayed just one night but will come back there without hesitation :)

Absolutely loved this place, the staff were absolutely lovely and made my stay in LA awesome!

• 19th Aug 2013

Really nice hostel. Little further from the beach but nice and safer area. Staff was friendly. I stayed on Washington Avenue,which is little bit away from the main building, but nice own tv room. Good way to meet people. I dont understand the negative reviews, the other hostels are worse and more expensive. I can tell because I stayed there too.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

This hostel is not in the location listed. Check your email. This needs to be changed ASAP and is unacceptable. The staff were cool and friendly. There is no privacy in this hostel. There are no locks on the bathroom or bedroom doors. It is far away from anything, you'll need to catch a bus everywhere which was fine with me as they are pretty cheap. Getting to the airport is REALLY easy from here. I think it was 1 dollar on the bus :)

Had incredible time here and I highly recommend it!! Short on showers but that is easily over shadowed by the staff and atmosphere. You are probably travelling after all. Only a 15 minute walk to Venice beach and super close to buses that take you anywhere. You should totally stay here!

• 14th Aug 2013

This is the worst hostel that I've ever stayed in (out of 25+) Staff are ok but: the two sites are a short distance apart and the security is absolutely non-existent. Anyone could walk in and out of either hostel -the second site does not have a self locking door and I walked into and around the main hostel without being challenged. As for the conditions in the main hostel: I have genuinely seen better homeless shelters: simply awful. I was actually shocked. Read other reviews before booking.

awesome hostel. staff for the most part were great. made some really cool friends, the vibe there is unreal. Venice beach in general is just a really cool place to check out. free breakfast was just cereal

• 5th Aug 2013

and toast ,jam, coffee, tea and orange juice.

All the beds had bed bugs! I didn't even had a real bed, the bed was foldable. You had to share the 2 bathrooms with girls and boys - no locks, so there was absolutely no privacy!!! No lockers in the room and no keys for the front door and dorm doors, so everyone can walk into your room.