The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Had an amazing stay and the venice beach hostel, great staff and awesome travellers were staying here which made it lots of fun. Only down fall was that someone had stolen some clothes that we had left to dry on the balcony of one of the dorm rooms. Not the hostels fault but really was a downer of the trip

only one is positive : the location ! the security:any one can gets in and one without being disturbed / staff (shift night): a way behind expected. the guy didn't know that I paid a deposit and have me paying the full price for two nights, and charged me 5$ for using a visa card/ the motel is dirty, and the kitchen is disgusting, the walls are creepy. the rooms were stuffed with people and stuff all over the floor, I had truble getting to my bed. no plugs in the rooms not recommended!!

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff were great, very helpful and kind. The hostel had a home vib to it which I enjoyed. The other guests were really nice. The location is good, close to grocery shopping and convenience. It's not the cleanest hostel I've been to but I still really enjoyed me self! Thank y'all :)

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

We felt unsafe the whole time. The beds were falling apart and there was little to no security

• 18th Jul 2014

Very good hostel

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Chile

We chose to stay at friends place instead and left Venice Beach Hostel after just a few hours. My mistake not to read the reviews before booking this place - they all seem to be true.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Do not stay here!!! There simply isn't enough space in this comment box to express how disgusted we were with the place! It's an absolute disgrace!

nur eine toilette

4 actually.

Miss one thing in this youth hotel, one phone who working..

The staff were extremely friendly, very nice atmosphere, feels like a home more then a hostel.

I loved this hostel!! It has a great atmosphere and everyone is so lovely. The staff are like your friends and it really feels like a big home. Whilst the facilities are nothing flashy, they are clean and comfortable. I stayed at the house that was further away from the beach. It was about a 15 minute walk so we rented bikes from them. Recommend renting bikes anyway so you can go up to Santa Monica. Was very sad to leave and can't wait to go back sometime. Would eagerly recommend this hostel.

Staff were all really friendly and helpful and kitchen had great facilities with really good breakfast. Bathrooms were clean with good showers and we didn't have any issues in waiting for them but I can see how that could be a problem. There were quite a few mattresses on the floor where people had to sleep on which I wouldn't be happy about!! Location isn't bad but the address on hostel world is wrong which meant we spent an hour walking around trying to find it! Not signposted at all...

It's really not a good place to stay in LA

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Can't complain here, great location, great people, great cheap eats in the area to

This hostel is vert Nice it looks like a house but everything is open and they have only 2 mixed bathrooms it's not convenient and annoying ..the location is very good !

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is the worst hostel I have ever been in. The staff is unfriendly, all the doors open and the rooms very dirty. I caught bedbuks there!

• 27th May 2014

Stayed during a busy period so were told that we were staying at the 'overflow' location. It was the one advertised but, it was basically just a flat with 2 long term stayers so really it just felt like we were encroaching on their space. Only 1 toilet/ shower room so getting access to it was hard work with 6 people staying here. Free breakfast and all other advertised facilities are at the other location. No atmosphere. Some staff were nice, mostly we just felt in the way. NOT worth the price.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful. My friend and me slept together in one bed it was small and very uncomfortable. There were only two bathrooms for approx. 26 persons.

This is a party hostel. If you want to have a good nights sleep to get up at a decent time the next morning this is not the place for you. The outside common area is directly below the rooms so it can be very loud throughout the night. The beds are very uncomfortable.

• 23rd May 2014

Great host Ian, very professionel , spend THE time to make sure we knew THE area, facilitet, What to se. Very helpfull and a great place to stay :) Sincerly tina and Kenneth

• 10th May 2014