The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Nice, relaxing hostel in a great area! The staff are great, very helpful.

• 22nd Jan 2015

The hostel is pretty nice. It's a big house that now is a hostel. The location is very good to. The staff were friendly. I had a great stay there. The mattress could be a little more comfortable, but it was ok.

15-20 min from the beach, clean, but crowded room and only two showers and toilets Breakfast alright, kitchen and living room nice Too expensive for what you get, old beds and uncomfortable mattresses, little weird that the staff sleeps in same room deposit actually a fee (so you still have to pay the whole amount when you arrive, unless you already have paid a deposit to hostelworld...)

Great hostel, lovely, helpful people. Perfect stay. Many thanks

• 16th Jan 2015

The bathrooms have no lock, there were only locks for the toylet part. I was not wake for the rush hours of the bathroom, but I think that it would not be enough. We even got the private room with bathroom, with consists of one big room with one toylet and one tub, no doors separating anything, no shower.

I liked this place so much the first time around, that when I had to go back to LA, I decided to stay here again. That pretty much says everything about the hostel.

The Hostel doesn't have a Reception Area, no Towels for free, no paper or towel to dry hands in the bathrooms, no heater in the dorms and hostel (which is bad during the winter), no living room to play games. The hostel is far from the beach. No cool and cheap places to go near the hostel. The staff is weird. They don't like to do the things with technology and they have non sense rules.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Only one bathroom with one toilet for an apartment for 10 guests can be pretty difficult. Its been also damn cold in the rooms, because you cant really close all windows. Ok, maybe california in december isnt such a good idea, but anyway, freezing at night with a paid roof over the head is sad. But to be fair: the furniture and location is pretty good :)

• 29th Dec 2014

Sorry that it was so cold, you just happened to visit during the coldest few days in 20 yrs These buildings are not really designed for cold weather but 80 f is forecast for Tuesday !

It's a really good hostel, it's like family house. The location is perfect for that people that want to visit venice beach and santa monica. The staff is nice, the help you in all you need and the treat you in a really friendly way. I had a good experience in this hostel so I recommend it to every traveler

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Staff were lovely and it's a real cosy place to stay. It's 15 minutes away from the beach (there's another one nearer to the beach but we were put up here instead because the other one was full) and close to a grocery store and bars.

Cool house! Just a bit expensive for what it is and a bit fr away from the beach an the city center.... but its a comfortable house for a few days of relax.

Fantastic atmosphere, nice personel. Had a great time!

This place has two addresses most likely you will not be able to check in with the listed address. Make sure to check your emails!! Staff were helpful and the area is good and it's easy to get to the airport!

We had our problems even in finding the hostel reception because the room was in a different building, half a mile away. They provide free parking, but it's the 2-hour-parking next to the street (we had a ticket after). The price is much too high for this shabby room (very small and unheatened). The bathroom was dirty with a carpet soaked up with water. When we talked to the employees there, they were not at all reasonable. A very bad deal (we are long term travellers and saw a lot of hostels).

The parking was 24/7 during your stay except for Monday when they street clean 7.30am to 9.30am - you parked directly below the sign informing you of the cleaning times _ we are sorry you got a ticket but you are responsible for your vehicle.

The kitchen is terribly dirty, microwave has 3 years worth of food in it. I had to change arrival dates and this angered the Hostel owner, I could understand that if the Hostel was at capacity, but it was empty. Not a pleasant experience.

• 19th Nov 2014

Changing the dates was not a problem - it was the hourly e-mails received for 3 days constantly changing dates which was very time consuming and that we are a hostel & not a hotel as we tried to explain.

Le prix est exorbitant à la vue de la prestation.. La chambre privative n'est pas isolée (les fenêtres ne ferment pas), le bruit du boulevard est constant. La propreté laisse à désirer, et la salle de bain est douteuse (le tapis de bain doit regorger de champignons..) La proximité de Venice Beach n'est finalement pas intéressante vu le prix. Le 2ème batiment (Yale Street) qui abrite les dortoirs semble plus accueillant.

When I stayed here, hot shower was broken!! So I could use only cold shower;(. But the staff is kind:). This is a nice hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Some people might not like it but I think that the fact that the hostel is set in what it looks like a big house makes it really cozy and welcoming. Staff is very helpful and kind and I didn't have any issues with dirt or anything like that. My stay was very pleasant and I made some really nice traveling memories there. The breakfast is good and the laundry machines have a fair price. I recommend it to anyone!

Hostel has a very great and relaxed atmosphere, and it's wonderfully located just a 10 minute walk away from Venice Beach.

The staff is outstanding and very welcoming! The way they have greeted me and went out of their way to show me the highlights of the surrounding, can definitely make a difference when staying in a new city! Thanks for that...

• 25th Oct 2014