The Victorian House Reviews

212 Renfrew Street, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

Very comfortable hotel and a good price. I would book it again!

Worth getting up for breakfast as the breakfast is excellent.

• 30th Dec 2015

Very smelly ensuite facilities, walls, floors and toilet-need a very good deep clean and scrub. Whole underground room stank of damp-decor needs doing as looks dirty and scruffy. Lights(for fire safety) do not go out so had to cover top of rail to get to sleep as room did not go fully dark. Heating did not go off so room too hot had to lodge a book in window to provide ventilation.Reception staff ok, dining staff pleasant.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Reception was friendly but lady serving breakfast not. Our first time in Scotland, was keen to try kippers and haddock advertised on the board, it was also recommended by one of the staff. But the lady at the kitchen counter was so unfriendly and looked so over her job that I didn't bother. Room was good but the 2nd room we stayed in on our way back to Glasgow (Sat 17 Oct) shower did not drain water properly! Also the smell of cooked breakfast permeating in the hotel was not nice at all!

good location, is easy to get to the sight spots, clean room and great breakfast.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • China

I enjoyed my two night stay at the Victorian House. The location was great. Easy walk to the center of Glasgow. Breakfast was great. No elevator so be prepared to carry your bags up A LOT of stairs. We had a room facing the street, it was a bit noisy, but I slept with ear plugs so it wasn't a problem at night time. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

This is a charming, quaint guesthouse. I stayed here for a few nights and found it quiet, but relaxing. 10-15 minute walk from from most destinations. The continental breakfast had a lot of variety and was quite good.

View all Glasgow Bed and Breakfasts