The Victorian House

8.5
Fabulous 345 Total Reviews

• Czech Republic, Mixed Group, 25-30
6th Jul 2017

In walking distance to the Central Station. Very nice staff, room was clean (well... my mother would have objections but I am not my mother). Oh and I love their super soft carpet. The best deal is the breakfast, continental or full Scottish. Energy for the entire day.

22nd Jun 2017

It was perfect for my parents' stay of one night during Glasgow's uni graduation period.

17th Jun 2017

Great location. Nice hotel-esque hostel. Not your traditional hostel but a pleasant stay.

• Australia, Female, 41+
8th Jun 2017

Really good value. Spotless white towels and very good buffet breakfast. Loads of steps up to the entrance and no elevator inside, so a struggle if you have too much luggage!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th May 2017
4.0

I would never reccommend this place to anyone. I had an awful experience at this B&B! The second I walked into the room there was a terrible smell. It was coming from the bathroom - I'm guessing mold! The staff was only okay and when we said something about the dewey room, there was no apology or compensation. Location was okay and breakfast was good, but not worth my stay there. I strongly believe there is a health issue with this place (or at least the room I was placed in).

21st Apr 2017
8.0

The Victorian House is a charming hotel. Our double bed private was just what we needed after staying in hostels for two weeks. It was clean and comfortable enough. The Scottish breakfast is quite nice and a great way to start each morning. And unfortunately, the dining area is the only place to meet other travelers. The hotel's location is okay, but it's an uphill climb from the city centre. Sadly, one staff member was rude to us on multiple occasions during our stay. She was on dining staff.

17th Apr 2017

I was ready to move in. Turned a one night stay into a 3 night stay. By far the best value I found on my trip. Great location right next to art school and independent film theater, city center, etc. Breakfast was awesome, lots of choices. Room was cute and bright with coffee/tea service. There are a lot of stairs to get to the 3rd floor, which might not work for some people, and you have to leave your key at the front desk every time you leave, which is a little strange, but otherwise perfect.

• joanneedwards9970
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
17th Apr 2017
7.1

Fair room for what you pay! Comfortable beds, clean bathroom, good location.

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

We had a 3 bed private room and it actually came with 2 bedrooms which was a nice surprise. It's not your typical hostel- much more of a hotel like, which meant you can enjoy your privacy. Everything was very clean and bathroom was spacious and clean. I would stay here again. If you were the type of person who wants to Stay in the hostel or meet people in it I don't think it's the place for you but if you're looking for a place to sleep hotel style this would fit your needs.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
24th Mar 2017

Really great place to stay, great location, about £23 in taxi from the airport, very central, but it is a really steep hill. Breakfast was great, staff were very friendly. It is a budget place but no complaints from me n my sister. I'd definitely stay there in I'm in Glasgow again.