The Victorian House

Fabulous 353 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2017
7.7

Nice hotel. Very good breakfast.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
4th Sep 2017
4.6

Due to a miscommunication with the room, we ended up having booked one less bed than required. After offering to pay full price for a cot, which was supposed to be a service they offer, and after the staff worker being rude and very inflexible, the only solution she could come up with was that we could not stay there at 8:30 PM. She gave us a refund, minus the deposit, and at least let us use the wifi to find another place to stay. Very inhospitable and inflexible.

29th Aug 2017

I thought this was a hostel but it's actually a hotel! A great surprise. Rooms are large and comfortable (I had a private twin ensuite) and had a tv and very comfortable beds. Wifi worked pretty well too. Breakfast is included in the price and is VERY good and generous. It's a continental breakfast with cold and hot options and has a dining area to enjoy in. I highly recommend VH! If you are coming from any direction it is up a steep hill so keep if you have lots of luggage a taxi is smart.

• Switzerland, Couple, 31-40
1st Aug 2017

Very nice hotel. It's quite central and you can go everywhere by foot. We had a nice room and everything was clean. The staff was friendly and helpfull and allowed us to leave the bags there even after checkout. The breakfast was included and very good! There was a big buffet with hot and cold food. There was everything you could wish. We would definitely come back!

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
30th Jul 2017

Great location, clean and spacious room, good breakfast- all in all amazing value for money if you just want a base for exploring Glasgow!

• Czech Republic, Mixed Group, 25-30
6th Jul 2017

In walking distance to the Central Station. Very nice staff, room was clean (well... my mother would have objections but I am not my mother). Oh and I love their super soft carpet. The best deal is the breakfast, continental or full Scottish. Energy for the entire day.

22nd Jun 2017

It was perfect for my parents' stay of one night during Glasgow's uni graduation period.

17th Jun 2017

Great location. Nice hotel-esque hostel. Not your traditional hostel but a pleasant stay.

• Australia, Female, 41+
8th Jun 2017

Really good value. Spotless white towels and very good buffet breakfast. Loads of steps up to the entrance and no elevator inside, so a struggle if you have too much luggage!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th May 2017
4.0

I would never reccommend this place to anyone. I had an awful experience at this B&B! The second I walked into the room there was a terrible smell. It was coming from the bathroom - I'm guessing mold! The staff was only okay and when we said something about the dewey room, there was no apology or compensation. Location was okay and breakfast was good, but not worth my stay there. I strongly believe there is a health issue with this place (or at least the room I was placed in).

×