The Villa Backpackers Lodge Reviews

34 Auckland St, Picton, New Zealand

Close to the ferries, helpful staff (woot woot Simon!), and a wonderful ambiance. I will stay here again on my way back over to the North Island and look forward to it! The hotties are a nice touch!

We stayed her for 1 night. We got a twin room, which is out of the main building

Great location and easy to get to straight off the ferry. I was a bit cranky after my long drive from Auckland and ferry ride, however after checking in at the Villa I couldn't help but smile. The staff were friendly, warm and welcoming. Hot apple crumble and ice cream was a nice touch- there is a real homely feel. I stayed in a private room- clean with a heater and hairdryer as added frills. Note- you have to give a $20 bond for a key. Also there was no off road parking- all on main road.

This is one of the best hostels we've stayed at in NZ. It had a family-feel to it, but still had all the facilities you could possibly want. The staff took the time to chat with us, find out where we were going, as well as give us great advice for our trip on the Queen Charlotte Track. And the apple crumble truly is tasty!

Handy location for catching the Interisland ferry, nice staff, good overall facilities and best of all it has a spa!

• 9th Mar 2014

This was the best Hostel we stayed at during our Australasia/Japan trip (15 hostels). It was a very well appointed venue with even a fitness room and hot tub! The best about it was the manageress, Katrin who, with a light touch, maintained an air of authority, efficiency and extreme friendliness despite her youth. Loved the garden.

• 24th Feb 2014