The Villa Backpackers Lodge Reviews

34 Auckland St, Picton, New Zealand

Wonderful hostel! Would definitely recommend to anyone. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome, the atmosphere was very uplifting and you could see the effect it had on people who generally were very friendly.

This was the quaintest hostel I have come across in two months in Australia and New Zeeland. I have recommended this place already several times.

Lovely hostel between Picton town and the ferry terminal. Everything is within walking distance. Great wifi connection and apple crumble included in the price. Laundry facilities and hot tub both well used during my stay!

The staff here were fantastic, I'm particular the lovely German (owner?) On reception. Nice touch with the crumble too and nice to have good WiFi that's free! Definitely recommend it!

Close to the ferries, helpful staff (woot woot Simon!), and a wonderful ambiance. I will stay here again on my way back over to the North Island and look forward to it! The hotties are a nice touch!

We stayed her for 1 night. We got a twin room, which is out of the main building

Great location and easy to get to straight off the ferry. I was a bit cranky after my long drive from Auckland and ferry ride, however after checking in at the Villa I couldn't help but smile. The staff were friendly, warm and welcoming. Hot apple crumble and ice cream was a nice touch- there is a real homely feel. I stayed in a private room- clean with a heater and hairdryer as added frills. Note- you have to give a $20 bond for a key. Also there was no off road parking- all on main road.

This is one of the best hostels we've stayed at in NZ. It had a family-feel to it, but still had all the facilities you could possibly want. The staff took the time to chat with us, find out where we were going, as well as give us great advice for our trip on the Queen Charlotte Track. And the apple crumble truly is tasty!