The Villa Backpackers Lodge Reviews

34 Auckland St, Picton, New Zealand

I loved the charm and quaintness of this place. Felt like a home, rather than a temporary accommodation. Loved the little garden out back, and the lounge, and ask the little nooks and crannies with small knick knacks. The staff was also exceptional. Really took the time to answer all my questions and assist me. Possibly because it seems that they are all travelers themselves. Great location as well, close to the harbor and the small shops in the main part of town, as well as a grocery store.

Great place to stay with a friendly and cosy environment. The staff were very helpful and everything was very clean. Great facilities and a lovely outside area to dine, read, chill or socialise. Large rooms and ok beds. No lockers available in the room I was in but reception are more than happy to look after valuables etc. Would definitely return if I came back to Picton.

Great hostel, very friendly atmosphere. Clean and comfortable. In a great location for Picton.

Nice hostel, central location, beautiful gardens to chill out in, can get a bit noisy though. Kitchen facilities were excellent. Mattreses on the beds were not very good, very thin. Other than that would recommend.

This hostel had a very nice homely feel. We enjoyed relaxing in the garden especially in the treehouse! It is a shame that the security was so poor as our room had the window at the front of the house which was always wide open and could be easily climbed through (even though we kept shutting it!) The staff were helpful in suggesting local walks to go on.

Very nice hostel, cute, clean and safe, we enjoyed to stay there.

Sadly during my stay, I was disappointed that two German people got drunk and vomited all over the bed next to mine. Staff delt with it in a reasonable way

• 17th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Really cosy place! Nice garden with alot of hangout spot!

amazing! one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Beautiful kitchen with a stunning garden to eat dinner, have some coffee, and meet new people. I was so impressed by this hostel, and the staff were awesome with finding me things to do during my stay!

Overall it was just a great place to stay. I can't really think of anything negative at the moment.

This is a nice hostel with good all around facilities. The TV room with sky sports was a bonus as we wanted to watch the tennis. The biggest frustrations were people sat outside the dorms smoking and there are also a lot of flies but this is just a general Picton thing I believe. Just round the corner from the town and next door to a nice bakery too.

Lovely hostel, if a little dated looking (not that I care but some people do)! Staff were fabulous- happy to help. Didn't like the atmosphere much as many people kept themselves to themselves but that's not the hostels fault. Wifi is good. Would have liked better and cleaner showers though- mine was either scalding hot or freezing cold! Close to supermarkets and offer pick up and drop off to the ferry.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Amazing staff and outstanding facilities

Nice hostel, good slightly dated faciltys but couldn't really conplain. Would defiantly stay here again

Cute hostel with a nice courtyard. I found it easy to meet people and the few bars/restaurants in town are really close by. Kitchen is great, bathrooms are fine, there's a hot tub too and free wifi

Great place to stay - good location, good accommodation, friendly and helpful staff.

Such a great Hostel! In Picton I would definitely stay there! Very familiar atmosphere and really nice staff!

I like the quiet atmosphere, feel very comfortable. The lounge is very comfortable as well. The wifi is very good to use. The property information on the hostel.com writes that they offer hot apple crumble with ice cream, but it seemed there weren't. I expected of it. It's a pity. I'm curious that why only offer breakfast during May to Oct?

Wonderful hostel! Would definitely recommend to anyone. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome, the atmosphere was very uplifting and you could see the effect it had on people who generally were very friendly.

This was the quaintest hostel I have come across in two months in Australia and New Zeeland. I have recommended this place already several times.