The Villa Backpackers Lodge Reviews

34 Auckland St, Picton, New Zealand

Good experience here but small showers, and the room I stayed (4 dorms beds) was very wet.

A cool, homey hostel. During the busy time of the year, this hostel would be a great pick with the outdoor areas and what not. Would stay there again.

great hostel! for sure I will go back again!

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Was frustrated about the snoring but that's not the hostels fault.

Best night I had here. People always make.it, but hostel was awesome

We were there for the first night of the apple crumble season. Would stay here again.

The hostel was a weird set up- with toilets and showers in random places throughout the hostel, Im particularly thinking of the one bathroom that is also the laundry room and also the walkway to reception. It had a nice outdoor area however people were not respectful of the quiet hours policy and it was not enforced....I think because the people who were out there were the people who worked there. Shower in the morning had a giant hole right in the wall. Kitchen was the only good thing here.

We loved this place! The atmosphere was so nice, and the staff was very helpful. + free bike rental, jacuzzi etc.

Nice hostel, free wifi, could have better security for rooms but would stay here again

I loved the charm and quaintness of this place. Felt like a home, rather than a temporary accommodation. Loved the little garden out back, and the lounge, and ask the little nooks and crannies with small knick knacks. The staff was also exceptional. Really took the time to answer all my questions and assist me. Possibly because it seems that they are all travelers themselves. Great location as well, close to the harbor and the small shops in the main part of town, as well as a grocery store.

Great place to stay with a friendly and cosy environment. The staff were very helpful and everything was very clean. Great facilities and a lovely outside area to dine, read, chill or socialise. Large rooms and ok beds. No lockers available in the room I was in but reception are more than happy to look after valuables etc. Would definitely return if I came back to Picton.

Great hostel, very friendly atmosphere. Clean and comfortable. In a great location for Picton.

Nice hostel, central location, beautiful gardens to chill out in, can get a bit noisy though. Kitchen facilities were excellent. Mattreses on the beds were not very good, very thin. Other than that would recommend.

This hostel had a very nice homely feel. We enjoyed relaxing in the garden especially in the treehouse! It is a shame that the security was so poor as our room had the window at the front of the house which was always wide open and could be easily climbed through (even though we kept shutting it!) The staff were helpful in suggesting local walks to go on.

Very nice hostel, cute, clean and safe, we enjoyed to stay there.

Sadly during my stay, I was disappointed that two German people got drunk and vomited all over the bed next to mine. Staff delt with it in a reasonable way

• 17th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Really cosy place! Nice garden with alot of hangout spot!

amazing! one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Beautiful kitchen with a stunning garden to eat dinner, have some coffee, and meet new people. I was so impressed by this hostel, and the staff were awesome with finding me things to do during my stay!

Overall it was just a great place to stay. I can't really think of anything negative at the moment.

The Villa is a fine place to stay. My one criticism is that if placed in the back house, you don't have access to the main building after hours. The small house does have its own facilities, but it does not have as many as the main house nor the atmosphere of that house. Moreover, if leaving early in the morning, there is no way to return your keys inside the main house as instructed--you are locked out of the key return area! I had to leave my keys with someone else, hoping they were returned.