The Villa Backpackers Lodge Reviews

34 Auckland St, Picton, New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Amazing staff and outstanding facilities

Cute hostel with a nice courtyard. I found it easy to meet people and the few bars/restaurants in town are really close by. Kitchen is great, bathrooms are fine, there's a hot tub too and free wifi

Great place to stay - good location, good accommodation, friendly and helpful staff.

Such a great Hostel! In Picton I would definitely stay there! Very familiar atmosphere and really nice staff!

I like the quiet atmosphere, feel very comfortable. The lounge is very comfortable as well. The wifi is very good to use. The property information on the hostel.com writes that they offer hot apple crumble with ice cream, but it seemed there weren't. I expected of it. It's a pity. I'm curious that why only offer breakfast during May to Oct?

Wonderful hostel! Would definitely recommend to anyone. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome, the atmosphere was very uplifting and you could see the effect it had on people who generally were very friendly.

This was the quaintest hostel I have come across in two months in Australia and New Zeeland. I have recommended this place already several times.

Lovely hostel between Picton town and the ferry terminal. Everything is within walking distance. Great wifi connection and apple crumble included in the price. Laundry facilities and hot tub both well used during my stay!

The staff here were fantastic, I'm particular the lovely German (owner?) On reception. Nice touch with the crumble too and nice to have good WiFi that's free! Definitely recommend it!

I really enjoyed my time at the Villa and almost extended my stay. Katrin was just amazing and a pure joy! We came from the Interislander and it was well passed the reception hours but she was still there to welcome us. Not only that, she even warm up her signature apple pie for us! She also gave us great recommendations in Blemheim. The room was a little tired but clean. The kitchen was well-equipped and there is a nice backyard where you can enjoy your breakfast outside!

Close to the ferries, helpful staff (woot woot Simon!), and a wonderful ambiance. I will stay here again on my way back over to the North Island and look forward to it! The hotties are a nice touch!