Superb 746 Total Reviews
Superb 746 Total Reviews
The Wallaby House Hostel Located at Peljeska 5, , Zagreb.
Croatia
Zagreb Peljeska 5
94% 746
45.7988576 15.9979069
    Rooms available

24th May 2016

Nice hostel to stay in, but still a hostel. In the morning, bathrooms are quickly trashed (especially the one by the ladies only room...). Not the hostels fault, but makes brushing your teeth rather unpleasant when strangers' hair is clogging the sink. Cracker, the hostel owner, is a good dude; very friendly and helpful. Our room was too hot; not sure if we just couldn't figure out the air con or it was busted. Only stayed for one night, mostly just a place to sleep.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2016

If you're tired of being alone and not being able to socialise. Come here. Best hostel I ever stayed in. Bathrooms are a bit weird (stalls in a normal bathroom but it's not too bad). You can play drinking games with cracker and the other travellers at night or enjoy freshly made Crêpes in the morning, cook together or sleep in very comfortable beds. I would definitely not come back for Zagreb because it's super lame but the hostel was great! Loved it

Thats quite an honest review. Thanks for taking the time to write one. We're glad you enjoyed The Wallaby, wish you found some joy in Zagreb. Thanks for staying, CRACKER!

19th May 2016

Really chill hostel. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is energetic. Cracker, the owner, was full of good tips and suggestions on what to see and do and he made me feel welcome the second I arrived. They hosted a beer pong tournament the Friday night I was there and it was a blast. It's a little far (~25 mins walking distance) from the city center but that's the only downside. Would definitely recommend if you're in Zagreb.

Thanks for staying with us, we're glad you felt welcome. You did well at beer pong considering you were playing for 2. Hope you're enjoying the rest of your travels. CRACKER!

19th May 2016
7.7

Pretty good hostel. It's a little bit out of town but it's a great price. The staff is pretty cool and laid back.

Thanks for staying with us. CRACKER!

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
14th May 2016

Just as the name suggests 'House Hostel'. This was the only place that felt home in Europe during my vacation. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The hostel owner 'Kracker' is a very nice guy and the atmosphere of the common area is just amazing, makes you feel home. The other great thing was its location, ideally located 10 minutes walk from the main bus station ! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Would love to stay here if I get a chance to visit Zagreb again.

You're a champion mate. We're glad you enjoyed and extended your stay at The Wallaby. We do our best to make everyone feel at home here. The common room is one of our best features for sure. Thanks for the kind words and I hope your travels are going well. Take care, CRACKER!

14th May 2016

Great place to stay! Loved the staff.

Thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you love us. CRACKER!

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
12th May 2016

free cake and french fries d moment i arrive,location great,staff nice,only problem was i had 5 spanish roommate that so noisy,woke me up at 2-4am and again at 8-9am,worst nightmare & the staff was fixin the room at around 10:40 and i badly needed to sleep one hour before my check out at 12,i juz really wish they are sensitive enough to let me checkout 1st b4 they start what they had to do since they are aware i hadnt sleep at all-

Yes I agree, that group was extremely noisy. I'm sorry you had a bad sleep. Check-out was at 10am and we had to start cleaning the room to get ready for the next lot of guests. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope the rest of your travels have gone well. CRACKER!

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
12th May 2016

Really nice hostel to chill and relax. Spacious and clean. Quite near the bus station but you need to take a tram to the city. Staff were friendly and security was good.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay here. take care, CRACKER!

8th May 2016

A cozy, laid back hostel. Loved the pancakes. It was about a 20 min walk to the centre. Cracker and his staff were very helpful.

Thanks for the review. I hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your travels. Sorry we couldn't find your sandals. Take care, CRACKER!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5th May 2016

After travelling for two and a half months, I finally found a place like home! I actually felt like I was couchsurfing, not staying in a hostel! Cracker is a pure traveller and his passion for this hostel is crazy good! He knows what it is like to travel and he wants to give back the travelling community! You're welcome with warm smile and friendly banter. I planned to stay for 4 nights and ended up staying for 6. Do yourself a favour and support an Aussie battler that supports traveller. Cheers

You're a champ!! Thanks for the words and for hanging with us for so long, it was good times. Hope you are having a great time in Split. All the best mate and maybe we'll see you again. CRACKER!