The Wallaby House Hostel Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

It's defiantly tough to choose one 'best' hostel out of my entire europe trip but I think out of all of them this hostel was the single best accomadation/experience I've had. The owner has traveled a bunch himself and knows how to welcome guests as well as knows what a good hostel should offer. Look no further for good lodging in zagreb.

That's a true blue, fair dinkum Texas endorsement!! You helped add o the experience. Cheers and thanks for your details, I'll be sure to hit you up if I'm ever back in The Loan Star State. Keep living the dream. CRACKER!

If you are a bag-packer and/or you schedule to get Zagreb lately in the night that's definitely your place! The ratio money:location is just astonishing + the reception works 24/7!

Thanks for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay for the 7 hours you were here. All the best with your studies. CRACKER!

As soon as we arrived the owner greeted us happily, made us comfortable and offered teas and coffee. If you're looking for a laid back hostel with all of the essentials in a great location (less than 10 min walk from bus station) I'd highly recommend staying here 😊

My fellow Queenslanders, it was nice meeting you both. I hope you are now in the drinking mood and preparing yourself for Australia Day. All the best with the rest of your travels and thanks for the love. CRACKER!

Such a lovely place with a very homely feel to it. Kracka the owner is very nice and helpful. Free pancakes on Tuesday's !!

Thanks mate. I put your picture up on our FB page in the Boomerang Album. Hope you made it to your next destination ok. Thanks for staying with us and for your nice review. CRACKER!

Best staff I have ever met. They will make you feel at home and at ease in the hostel. Plus they're great for a laugh. Great common facilities and very comfortable beds. If you're going to Zagreb stay in this Hostel. Keep up the good work Cracker and Mat!

• 13th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The best ever!!! Cheers mate. We had a great time hanging with you guys. We hope you're still having a blast wherever you are. Thanks for the kind words. CRACKER!

I had a great time staying at this hostel, I was welcomed by the owner and the staff with a drink and pancakes. Everybody there was so happy and relaxed. The hostel has a really good atmosphere with a large open plan common area so the guests can mingle and chill out. The rooms and facilities are really clean and the showers have hot water. (Unlike some hostels I have stayed at) The location is perfect as it is only about a 7min walk from the bus station. Thanks guys for a great time.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Mate, it was a pleasure having you here, twice. I hope you had a great time in Vienna rolling around in the hay. You're probably back into routine now but if you're ever back this way we'll make pancakes again, even if it's not Tuesday. Cheers, CRACKER!

Excellently clean and especially there are really cool and nice staffs. Hope more people come and enjoy the atmosphere. 비수기라 사람이 많지 않았지만 스태프들이 그 공간을 잘 채워주고 있습니다. 정말 친절하고 유쾌한 사람들과 지낼 수 있어서 즐거운 시간이었습니다.

Thank you so much for staying with us. We had a great time chatting and drinking with you. Safe travels. CRACKER!

fun and enjoyable

Thanks for spending Christmas with us. We're glad you had a good time. Hope the rest of your travels are going well. CRACKER!

Huge common room, close to bus station. Thanks for the pancakes!!!

• 21st Dec 2015

This is one of the nicer hostels I've been to in Europe. It has a new owner, but he's had a lot of experience in hostels and has a great staff. They were very friendly. There is no self-laundry, only a laundry service-so keep that in mind if that bothers you. The rooms were very large, nice and well heated. Kitchen is well supplied and the place has a good atmosphere. It's in a great location, close to city/bus. There are a couple of free food nights (Fry-Day, crepe day) filled with junk food.

Thanks for staying with us for so long. Hope the rest of your travels are going well. CRACKER!

Great facilities, great atmosphere, friendly staff. You're one of a kind Cracker. Cheers

I loved this place and would honestly recommend it to my friends. I felt like I came to my friend’s house.Staff is excellent, especially the owner who was with us, in the common room, introducing people to one another and making everyone feel welcome, and I have to say, when you are travelling alone you appreciate hostels where you can just hang and talk with people.My room was big, clean and warm. Wooden floors! and a comfortable bed. Close to the bus and tram station.Just Great!

Loved my time at The Wallaby. I arrived early in the morning and they gave me pancakes before my check in. I drank every night with the staff and shared travel stories. The owner has lots of funny stories from his travels. This place felt very homely. Would love to stay here again.

• 1st Dec 2015

My favorite hostel during my trip in Croatia. Less than 10 min walk from bus station and easy to find. Friendly staffs. Well equipped kitchen. Doris & Cracker invited everyone for homemade pancake party with cherry spirit drink. Doris also helped me making bus reservation and allow me to leave my luggage for 4 days. Spacious common/dinning area and outdoor balcony. Complimentary coffee and tea. Lots of information and city map are free. Warm and spacious dorm.

This hostel was really great, and genuinely felt like a home. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly! They didn't have annoying extra costs like most hostels that charge you for towels or borrowing a hairdryer and made pancakes one night and did shots too. Location is great being so close to bus station and short walk into city or a mere one Euro tram ride! Cannot fault this hostel.

The House Hostel really has a nice atmosphere to it. The staff there and the owner are really kind and cool people. Happy to help and made an effort to make sure we had a nice stay. The hostel itself has a great set up with plenty of room in the living area and communal kitcheb for people to hang out and have a good time. Would recommend this place to anyone heading to Zagreb.

• 14th Nov 2015

The place was very cute and the new owner was super nice. Would definitely stay there again. Wish there was locks on the private room doors tho. Had people walking into our room quite a bit by accident.

Great hostel with a homely feel to it! The kitchen and common area encourages everyone to get to know everyone and have a drink together and the music coming through the speakers constantly adds to the atmosphere. Would 110% recommend. Also the owner Cracker is a legend!

Essentially just a big house. Thought it was off season the atmosphere during my first night was killer. It would be even more insane during high season when more people were staying. Kitchen is probably the best ive used during my 5 months of travels. Big, well equipped with plenty of season/herbs and such. 20 minute walk from the station which isnt that far tbh.

The beds were very comfy

• 10th Nov 2015