The Wallaby House Hostel

9.2
Superb 1145 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Jul 2017

I have stayed in this hostel twice and it will not disappoint, one of the more social hostels I have visited, it's a nice building with great common areas. The only issue is the location as stated in the description it's quite a walk from the centre but the local stores have everything you need and trams are easy to use

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
17th Jul 2017

A great small hostel with true Aussie charm and spirit. Friendly staff who feel like a family and are more than happy to welcome new people into the bunch. Great value pub crawls etc. on offer too! The owner, Cracker, is very much involved in the daily runnings of the hostel and couldn't be more friendly and helpful. All in all one of our favourite hostels worldwide - 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a charming, social hostel experience. Thanks guys, we loved our time at Wallaby!

• nicolehewettnh4135
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

Such an amazing hostel, great staff and great atmosphere! Feels like a home without trying to be. This hostel is perfect for solo travellers. By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. You'll want to leave this place!

14th Jul 2017

Pretty much the best hostel i've ever been to, when it comes to atmosphere. The staff and the people there were so nice and helpful the whole time i stayed there. There is a huge common area where you can meet other guests and also a nice outside area where you can relax for a while. The hostel is very clean and also not that far away from the center. The only little downside is that the next real supermarket is a bit far to walk. I would definitely come back here!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

What a great place!! One of the best hostels I've stayed in my travels. Friendly staff, great atmosphere will definitely be coming back to stay!

12th Jul 2017

I liked my stay at the Wallaby. It's a curious place to stay, there is a party feel with bar crawls, music, relaxed Aussie vibe, and yet they're respectful of guests who have a different mentality. I got two good nights sleep. There was a very friendly welcome. The location is a little out of the centre but the tram system makes that irrelevant for me. The negatives are that the rooms aren't locked, there are no individual lamps, and the bathrooms need a facelift. I would recommend overall.

Thanks A man for this detailed review. We are glad you had a good time here and recognized our positives and our negatives. I'd say one of the reasons you had 2 good nights sleep is because 7 other people in the room didn't have lamps on and seven other people in the room weren't locking and unlocking the door throughout the night. Cheers! CRACKER!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

The Wallaby is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff and atmosphere are amazing. They put in so much effort to make sure you have a good time. I'd recommend staying here. Loved it. Special mentions to Cracker, oscar, my Adelaide compadres and a kinda funny looking Canadian girl.. ;) much love.

All Canadians are funny look'n ay? Thanks for hanging with us and for helping to make The Wallaby great! All the best, CRACKER!

9th Jul 2017

The hostel is super friendly and social - everyone greeted me upon my arrival and was willing to chat - and I loved how convenient it was to the bus station. The bathrooms were a little crowded for the size of the hostel, but otherwise I enjoyed my short stay. Considering I was only in Zagreb as a stopover for Plitvice Lakes, I was very happy with the hostel.

Why thank you. We found you super friendly and was very happy with you too. Cheers, CRACKER!

9th Jul 2017
6.3

It's located right beside the bus station. Good place to stop when trying to get south to Split/Hvar because it is so close. But, it's pretty weird...trying too hard to be a "home".

It’s actually not that hard to make this place a home, it’s quite easy. First of all the building is an actual house, so that helps a lot. Secondly, I am the father in this home and i have 4 wives that help me keep the place clean and tidy. They are not actually all my wives, it’s illegal to have that many, but I treat them like my wives, the sex is amazing. Then we have 35 foster children that come and go daily. We make their beds, do all their laundry, clean up after them, talk to them about their problems and just be there for them. 99% of children that come through this place get along and enjoy the home that we have built, as you can see by the 1100 plus nice letters they have written us. And then there is you, the black sheep, the one who doesn’t fit in or chooses not to play with the other kids. You arrived late at night and chose not to catch up with the other kids who were out playing in the city and then you leave early the next morning while one of your mothers was making pancakes. Then you go and write something like this. You have upset my wives, your mothers. Why would you do such a thing? I want you to go to your room and think about what you’ve done. CRACKER!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2017

Wallabies has a fantastic vibe and really great staff who are very welcoming. From family dinners to beer pong, it has a lot to offer and kinda feels like home away from home for Aussies. It is a bit out of the city so you do have to walk or catch a tram in but that is relatively easy to do and the facilities are good enough. Would recommend!

Thanks for staying and for writing a review. We are out of the city so if location is your thing do not stay here people. We are a house of FUN! So a short tram ride to the city is a small price to pay for great times. Read all about us. CRACKER!