The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Squeaky beds. Fine otherwise.

Clinton and the rest of the staff were great! Good location. I would definitely stay there again.

Pros: Staff were lovely, great security, good location a 5 min walk from Big Ben and the London eye, loved the free breakfast. Cons: the shower head in the 4th floor bathroom wouldn't stay in it the holder and it was quite frustrating, our room was boiling despite having a window open on a cool night and the pillows were too thin/flimsy. I'm not usually one to complain but I suppose you have to point out things that affect your stay negatively

Location is nice because it is close to Lambeth North, but it is loud in the evenings trying to sleep as all the trains into Waterloo go by outside the window.

I liked the attached bar because that was an easy way to meet people staying there

Very very good location! although the breakfast is quite simple, it's free and convenient to have it in downstairs pub. A little bit expensive in Saturday, but it took me only 15 min to walk to Buckingham Palace.

I enjoyed my time at the bar as the staff were very welcoming and friendly! The room was small though and bathrooms are not clean !!

My sister and I had a lovely time! The location is absolutely choice, free breakfast is always welcome, and the bar downstairs has a lovely atmosphere. The only thing I can say negative about this place was that the showers I used had pretty awful pressure and heat, though maybe there are some choice showers somewhere that I didn't know about. We stayed in the 22 bed room, which was perfectly fine, though it got a little toasty with all those bodies in one room in August. Would come again!

• 7th Aug 2015

I found my hostel experience here to be a huge disappointment. I found the facilities unclean, including many dirty toilets and a huge spider in my room. The lockers in the dorm rooms were way to small to store backpacks so I felt uneasy about security. I ended up leaving before my checkout date I was so uncomfortable.

• 6th Aug 2015

I loved staying a the walrus! The location was perfect, walking distance to a lot of amazing sights and also the underground tube. The staff were lovely, always ready to help you out, and there's also a nice selection of food for breakfast in the bar - the bar also has a great vibe. The only criticism is that the room was a little stuffy in the summer, and also that you can hear the trains and traffic at night (earplugs solves that). Overall, super happy with my stay at the Walrus :)

• 5th Aug 2015

Great situation for this Hostel. Very nice people. Please keep in mind that it is VERY close to Waterloo station (train tracks were a few meters from our bedroom).

• 2nd Aug 2015

great place at. walking distance from big Ben, London eye, nice neigborhood, near the train station, but not so close as to be disturbed by noise. Staff extremely helpful. great breakfast.

Awesome location, really affordable and really helpful staff.

Good hostel and even better pub!! Polite staff and the location could not be any better. Three minute walk from Big Ben. I'll be staying here again. Thanks guys!

Aweslme atmosphere with awesome staff. Definitely would come back

Right by the train station, so it can be kinda loud during the day. Not a lot of outlets either. Otherwise, it was fine

As other hotel & hostel are old in London... I understand how it can't be so clean. I highly praise the staffs, they are amazing, friendly and super helpful!

Very friendly and helpful staff! Love the bar too!

The staff were so nice - really went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and I have honestly never stayed in a place with nicer showers. The rooms do not have a locker big enough for large bags but you can store valuables at the front desk. I wanted to stay somewhere safe, clean and with a good atmosphere for meeting people - I couldn't have asked for a better fit :) Definitely will return

They should serve the breakfast 7 or 7:30am, not 8 am because some guests may check out earlier. They should follow up the toilets or showers well if there are out of order. Otherwise there are not enough for guests' use.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4