8.4
Fabulous 1,383 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 1,383 Total Reviews
The Walrus Hostel Located at 172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London.
England
London London SE1 7RW 172 Westminster, Bridge Road
84% 1383
51.5000340 -0.1144391
    Rooms available

• Canada, Male, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

We booked The Walrus for 2 nights and ended up extending it for a third. The location was fantastic, right near Waterloo train/metro station which was so key to getting everywhere around London. The breakfast was great every morning and helped us a lot with saving some cash. The staff was amazing, very kind to us and helpful with our dumb questions. The bar was full every night, but the noise never bugged us in the room. My only complaint is that the trains are very loud at all times of the day.

• KyleWatkinson
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2016

Great place, met and made some memories I will never forget. Great place to go! Would highly recommend it, the building and facilities have great charm.

12th Apr 2016
6.9

This stay was okay. Definitely bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. The Waterloo trains are loud, and the beds extremely squeaky. I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm and barely ever saw anyone. They were gone when I got up at 9 and asleep when I got back at 11. The only place to hang out is a bar, which is nice in the morning with breakfast, but not really my thing in the evening. As a solo female, I never felt unsafe, and the location is easy walking distance to lots of London attractions.

9th Apr 2016

Overall great location and staff was very helpful! The bar has good deals and breakfast was included which was awesome

9th Apr 2016

Great hostel very close to Waterloo train station and the tube. you can walk to the Big Ben. The rooms are isolated so you almost don't listen the closed railway.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Mar 2016

it was in a convenient spot for walking around the city. The staff was very informative. The only problem I had was none of the showers worked too well, it would go from nice temp to extremely cold then insanely hot. But I guess it's because the building is so old. And the oven and microwave in the kitchen smoked everytime anyone used it. But in the end it was worth the stay! Thanks for having us

24th Mar 2016
7.1

I had stayed at the Walrus a couple of years ago and returned here for two nights at Easter when my preferred place to stay South of the River wasn't available. It is a pub and hostel combined with rooms upstairs in an older building just short of Waterloo station a couple of minutes from Westminster Bridge. Great location for the major sights e.g. London Eye, Westminster etc. Rooms I have stayed in were a bit tight for space but for a couple of nights it was OK as a back up hostel option.

• USA, Male, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

Very friendly staff. Cannot beat the price for the location. Five minute walk from the underground, discounts at the bar and great food around the place sells itself.

5th Mar 2016

This was one of my most positive hostel experiences in Europe! As a solo traveler, I met fun and exciting folks in the bar downstairs and the drink prices were not bad in comparison with other places in London). It is nestled in a quiet but perfectly located neighborhood just minutes from Big Ben. The staff was incredibly kind and gave me free samples of beer when I ordered a beer she thought I may not like (Olde English). She was right. Comfy beds and amicable people!

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2016

the location is great, and so is the staff :) also, the breakfast is really complete and the pub is always exciting ! the only drawback is the shower, kind of cold, but ok!