The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Good hostel and even better pub!! Polite staff and the location could not be any better. Three minute walk from Big Ben. I'll be staying here again. Thanks guys!

Right by the train station, so it can be kinda loud during the day. Not a lot of outlets either. Otherwise, it was fine

As other hotel & hostel are old in London... I understand how it can't be so clean. I highly praise the staffs, they are amazing, friendly and super helpful!

Very friendly and helpful staff! Love the bar too!

• 12th Jul 2015

The staff were so nice - really went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and I have honestly never stayed in a place with nicer showers. The rooms do not have a locker big enough for large bags but you can store valuables at the front desk. I wanted to stay somewhere safe, clean and with a good atmosphere for meeting people - I couldn't have asked for a better fit :) Definitely will return

They should serve the breakfast 7 or 7:30am, not 8 am because some guests may check out earlier. They should follow up the toilets or showers well if there are out of order. Otherwise there are not enough for guests' use.

A great place to stay!! Great location, great personnel, great atmosphere at the bar. I had such a wonderful time there!! Thank you people for making me so welcome. I'll definitely be back there one day!!

Pro's: All doors leading in had coded locks. The staff were very friendly and always wanted to help. 5-10 minutes from tourist areas. Free small breakfast. Con's: A leaky roof left our hallway pooled with water a majority of our stay. They bunked me and my wife in separate bunks... luckily good roommates helped us fix that issue. Directly next to a train track. Its very noisy and lasts almost all day. Bar downstairs so theirs no real quite zone. Facilities are outdated and dirty.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Definitely recommend staying here. They have the best staff... so helpful and accommodating. I felt very safe, and the location was ideal for seeing central London. The hostel will provide you with free earplugs, which you may need if your room is next to the subway trains. I had a wonderful stay and will definitely return on my next trip to London.

Fantastic staff.always very helpful and cheerful. There's a few water leaks around the hostel but I'm sure they already know that. Beds are comfortable. The rooms need better circulation. Way too hot & styff in No.11 even with all the windows open. Overall pretty decent hostel.

It's always a great place to stay. Great location and good value for money. I always stay here when I'm in central London and I would definitely recommend it to people. Breakfast is very good. The only negative is I wish they'd sort the shower out.

The staff is amazing. The guys are very friendly and nice. The location is the best, it's close many places.

I arrived around 3PM and the staff were not helpful at all. He only gave me the check in paper and walked me to my room. He didn't tell me any thing about the facility and where the shower room is.

A great place to stay on a budget. I was in a room for 22 people, however as it was a huge room it didn't look crowded. Bunks are two high, unlike many other hostels in London which have bunks three high. Great free breakfast, free wi-fi and very helpful staff.

The staff are amazing at The Walrus! They will point you in the right direction and give you lots of useful information.

stayed for 6 nights in the 10-people room, which was a bit moulded. It was next to the railway so it was quite noisy. But it would be fine if you have the ear plugs. However, with the extremely helpful and friendly staff, great location (next to London Eye and Waterloo station) and free breakfast, there is nothing to complain at this price. Therefore I would recommend Walrus Bar and Hostel to the travellers.

With only small annoyances like the noise of the bar and tube and having to find an available toilet or shower that wasn't stopped up it was a great experience for my granddaughter and me. The location is central and easy to travel to and from via the tube. Having a kitchen was great, saved us alot of money! Beds were decent and roommates nice. The best thing about The Walrus is the staff, esp. Alex. I don't think he ever sleeps! Thx to them all for a great stay!

• 17th Jun 2015

This hostel is great, you must stay here if you are looking for something very close to all the main attractions as it is only a few minutes walk from Westminster bridge which takes you over to Big Ben and the abbey etc. Staff are super friendly and always happy to help and always greet you each time you pass through. Breakfast is included, which is always a plus and they have a small kitchen upstairs. Bathrooms and rooms are very spacious and tidy! Once again location is the best!

staff are very friendly

The Walrus was a very cool place to stay. We were a 10 minute walk from the eye and Big Ben, which was fantastic, and it was easy to get there from Warwick Airport. The only downside is the 24 person room was very warm and the temperature of the showers was not consistent. Also, the bathrooms could use and update, as most the toilets were old and the rooms themselves had the same feeling to them. I would stay here again for location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4