The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

We had a great weekend in the Walurs Hostel. The London Eye is very colse to the hostel and the Hostel bar is very cool. In front of the door is the bus station and the subway station takes you only 5 minutes. I can recommend it.

Sorry, but there's no bathroom or toilets inside the rooms, no lifts for us to climb 4 floors upstairs carrying heavy luggage(the staff tried to help, but Jesus!), the beds rangs all time, people comes in the middle of the night waking us up, it's too expensive for lousy conditions. Pitoresque but not funcional. I hope you can get better!

Amazing living room that is also a pub. The view on the railway can be romantic, but is not recommended for people who can't sleep if a train passes by every five mins. Breakfast is amazing, showers suck (forget about hot showers), which is not cool given the price

• 20th Nov 2014

All staff were friendly I highly recommend it here. I will be staying again.

• 20th Nov 2014

Loved the staff and atmosphere, but couldn't get warm water in the shower on the 4th floor.

Such a quality little place! I left behind something very valuable To me and was shipped to my home ADRESS the very next day! Btw I am arranging the P P sorry for the delay. Recommend to everyone!! Thanks walrus team😊

• 13th Nov 2014

I would think this is probably one of the best hostels in London. The part of town has a lot of eating nightlife and it's next to the Parliment, which to me was the coolest site in London. The staff double as bartenders for the very lively downstairs. You have to wake someone up afterhours for service so I felt bad about that. Staff and facilities are good. I especially liked this place because of the character. It just felt Londonish for some reason.

I've been traveling all around Europe and this was the worst hostel I stayed at. Really dirty and my room was incredibly cramped. And yes the trains that go by are really loud. I couldn't wait to leave this hostel after 3 nights there.

additional bathroom facilities would be a bonus, very friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere

Great location and amazing staff! Really, they were all extremely nice and helpful, helped out with everything they could! The location is perfect and we could barely hear the sound of the trains.. Everything would be perfect if it weren't for the lack of shower rooms and the bed bugs in the room we stayed. Everyday would be a huge wait for showers and the rooms need to be cleaned and in desperate need of fumigation, bed bugs are unbearable!

The staff was always nice and really helpful! The location of the hostel is excellent for the price you pay! The only problem was the water pressure in the showers was sometimes poor and some showers were quite small. If you are light sleeper ask for the earplugs because a lot of noise can come from the street/train station.

LOVE this hostel! You walk right into a cool bar setting. The staff is very nice, youthful, and helpful. Location is PERFECTION just near the center of the city. I met some awesome people just chilling at the bar and I really couldn't have been happier with my hostel experience in London here at The Walrus!

Kitchen is terribly small for the size of the place, almost don't want to use it when it's so crowded. The place feels a bit grungy, dim lighting in dorms. I had to wait for a shower every day. Wifi was good. Breakfast was decent. Staff were great!

This is a fine place - well priced, great staff, comfortable bedding. Pub on the bottom floor is a great place to hang out, lots of locals coming in as well. Discount on drinks for hostel stayers! Location could not be much better for the price - 10 minutes from Westminster, five from Tube station. It is an older building and a bit dingy, adjacent railroad tracks a bit noisy at night. It is clean enough though. Staff is GREAT.

Staff was brilliant, well done girls. :)

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Staff & location great! The rest? Well, you decide. a) No soap or paper towels in toilet room for ALL 3 days of my stay b) Extreme noise from train station c) Room not vacuumed or swept, & trash not emptied before arrival. d) Shower is terrible with a VERY weak flow, and good luck with getting hot water unless you shower at 6 A.M.....in which case you may get scalded because the water temperature is very difficult to adjust So....NO, I would not recommend this hostel.

• 22nd Oct 2014

The Walrus had a great vibe with a bar downstairs to meet people from all over the world. The staff was very welcoming and the rooms were clean. The complimentary breakfast was great to have on the go too! Loved my stay here

• 18th Oct 2014

Great bar area which is also one of the common areas. I was in a 18 bed dorm and there was still plenty of space and I didn't feel super cramped. There could be more showers for the amount of beds there are and the showers could be a little cleaner. Staff is amazing. The bar prices are pretty good. The beds are actually super comfortable.

Everything was very good. Price - location the best. Cycle tours every morning. Good maps for first-comers. Friendly stuff, even after the door closed.

Clean. Great location and friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6