The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

I can't really fault this hostel, staff were very welcoming and helpfull, a superb location at a fantastic price. Definitely recommended. I did read about train noise and there was a bridge alarmingly close but didn't really notice the noise.

The location is good and the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bar also has a really good relaxed atmosphere. Definitely recommended to anyone passing through London

The hostel is great, and people there are very nice. Enjoy staying there.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

Charming hostel with super friendly staff in a great location at a fair price.

• 4th Apr 2014

The hostel has an awesome location. The staff is very friendly and helpful, you can hanging out with them at walrus bar :) Only one complain: the way to open the bedroom doors its annoying!!We always forgot the code!

Hostel is in a great location, don't think it can be better really like 2 minute walk to London eye, Big Ben, Parliament. Right between 2 Tube stations. Staff super friendly. Good free breakfast. Full Kitchen. Nice bar down stairs that lots of locals drink at, so a great place to meet locals. Was my 4th stay here well defiantly come back a 5th time.

Best staff I have ever come across by any means! Absolutely amazing how well they treated you. Only small issue was that the bed wasn't the most comfortable.

Staff very friendly and always ready to help, Location is amazing, only 5 minutes walk from the houses of parliament, I could even see the Big Ben from my window. The only problem is that the kitchen is quite small.

I loved it, great place to stay in London.

Only complaint was that most of the showers were cold in the morning. I slept in an 18 person room, which was risky, but it was more than okay. The breakfast was basic but sufficient and good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Luggage storage was free after checkout. The bar was cozy and wonderful. Location was perfect for what I needed.

Excellent breakfast, good clean bed sheets.

The Walrus was the perfect place for my brief stay in London while I attended a conference. The staff were great and the breakfast was very welcome each morning!

Great location and friendly staff. Unfortunately it's too close to the (very noisy) train station, sleeping at night is difficult..

i stayed 1 night with my friend and we both enjoyed the hostel and the atmosphere there: u cant find a better hostel with the money you pay at Walrus. additionally we checked out in the morning but the staff still let us use the facility for all the rest of the day (shower, kitchen), that is very handy ... and finally staff is very helpful, highly recommended...

• 7th Mar 2014

Totally recommend.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Croatia

Great recieving when we arrived with a tour of the hostel, tips of activities and suggestions of bars, restaurants and clubs. The staff were great during the stay. I'll definetly recommend the hostel for others.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

The staff were really nice and very helpful, it was really clean and a good location, but the beds were very uncomfortable. That's my only criticism.

• 27th Feb 2014

The staff was fantastic - very kind, friendly, willing to help with directions or any issues. The only complaint I could make is the backache I was walking around with after sleeping on those springs.

• 24th Feb 2014

The stay was amazing. There can be some maintenance to the rooms a bit. The fan in my room look to be held together by a piece of paste or gum. Other than that i really enjoyed my stay. My room's amenities were especially squeaky (bed, door, etc.) but we all made due. The staff is impeccable and cleanliness is not at all an issue.

• 19th Feb 2014

Great staff, very helpful, clean rooms and sheets, plenty of breakfast and a fantastic location. Highly recommended!

• 8th Feb 2014