The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

It's always a great place to stay. Great location and good value for money. I always stay here when I'm in central London and I would definitely recommend it to people. Breakfast is very good. The only negative is I wish they'd sort the shower out.

The staff are amazing at The Walrus! They will point you in the right direction and give you lots of useful information.

This hostel is great, you must stay here if you are looking for something very close to all the main attractions as it is only a few minutes walk from Westminster bridge which takes you over to Big Ben and the abbey etc. Staff are super friendly and always happy to help and always greet you each time you pass through. Breakfast is included, which is always a plus and they have a small kitchen upstairs. Bathrooms and rooms are very spacious and tidy! Once again location is the best!

staff are very friendly

The Walrus was a very cool place to stay. We were a 10 minute walk from the eye and Big Ben, which was fantastic, and it was easy to get there from Warwick Airport. The only downside is the 24 person room was very warm and the temperature of the showers was not consistent. Also, the bathrooms could use and update, as most the toilets were old and the rooms themselves had the same feeling to them. I would stay here again for location.

The Walrus was an amazing hostel. The staff are super friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the morning breakfast was good, and the facilities were more than satisfying. I felt very safe staying there and I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in London. It is a two minute walk from the tube and is right in the centre of the city! I would definitely return.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very good hostel, amazing location, security and staff, there is a bar under the hostel with well priced drinks. Also has a great hostel vibe, only negative would be that right beside the hostel are are constant trains going by from 4am-1am but it is possible to sleep through them without to much trouble, just bring ear plugs Very good hostel though! I definitely recommend it

My friends and I had an incredible three days at the Walrus Hostel. The staff is amazing, especially the beautiful bartenders, Victoria and Angela (who makes one of the best mojitos I've ever had). The hostel is located about a 3 minute walk from parliament square. I didn't meet a single unfriendly person at the hostel Really I can't recommend this place enough.

Great location right by Westminster. Museums and other attractions are a simple bus or Tube ride away. Staff was exceptionally friendly. The rooms are above the bar, which had much cheaper pints (£3.50) than I was expecting for central London. Minor cons: Not enoguh bathrooms (1 toilet on each floor, and 1 was out of order while we stayed so sometimes had to go up two floors to use a toilet), and the kitchen didn't have some basic cooking essentials such as oil.

• 1st Jun 2015

The shower rooms were great - very clean with updated showers. Bathrooms were fairly dirty and we had one that wouldn't really flush. Hostel felt secure with locks on every door. The bar downstairs was a great place to hang out and meet people and grab a couple of good priced drinks. Nice basic brrakfast included as well. All in all, good experience and i would stay there again.

waterloo station is really extremely close - you hear every train and tube. the beds also make noise and shake everytime you move in your bed

The staff make this hostel the best in my opinion. The location is central and perfect but the staff kindness and willingness to help goes beyond what I could have asked for. They made this American feel right at home.

• 29th May 2015

Great stay, thanks very much.

Solid hostel. Cleanliness and not having a proper locker are the downfalls. Otherwise good 7.5 out of 10.

Overall excellent. Could use a few more showers maybe.

As a solo traveler, The Walrus provided the perfect atmosphere to meet folks and grab drinks. Nice staff and good rooms. It can be a bit loud since it's close to the train station, but worth it for the atmosphere and proximity to things to do in London.

Amazing staff, bar, location (if you don't mind the train),and nice rooms. Sylvia was awesome and very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay and wish it was longer. The bar was perfect and had great service. The train didn't really bother us because we had ear plugs. Can't wait to go back!

• 17th May 2015

a bit noise.

• 16th May 2015

The hostel itself was okay, but we were very irritated when we booked an ensuite and it only had a shower, no toilet. It wouldn't have been so bad if there hadn't been someone puking in the toilets every night. Some people just don't know how much they should drink in the bar below the hostel.

Could do a better job with cleaning the bathrooms and showers. Also, this hostel is very dated.

• 14th May 2015