The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

I absolutely loved The Walrus! The staff are super ridiculously friendly, the location is unbeatable (right next to the Waterloo station, 5 minutes from the London Eye), the bar is super fun to hang out in. It might not be the BEST hostel for solo travelers, but as part of a group it was perfect. I highly recommend the Walrus for everyone!

This was a very lovely stay! The staff is so helpful and warm. The beds are comfortable and the showers are good. I really enjoyed the breakfast and the kitchen facilities, too. I was at the hostel for work and it was not only super-convenient for that, but also gave me quick access to so many places for the in-between times. It was nice to be able to enjoy a pint before bed, so the bar downstairs (which did not disturb my sleep) was a really good bonus! :)

• 7th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, and cosy atmosphere.

bathroom sink is always stuck, no hot water at night

Amazing location! Only five minute walk from London Eye and Big Ben. Close to restaurants and bus stops. The 18 mixed bedroom was okay and clean. It also has very big lockers in the room which is very helpful. The bathrooms are really really bad though. I took a shower in two different showers and the water was super hot in both and definitely does not have enough showers for all the guests (I had to wait in the line to shower). The bathrooms were not very clean as well.

• 5th Dec 2014

First thing, yes, the place is right next to a major London station (Waterloo) and yes you can hear the trains. Doesn't bother me - I am a heavy sleeper. The location is otherwise very good and central - bearing in mind how big Central London is. The staff were great, and the pub downstairs helps the atmosphere. The facilities were variable in my experience, some needed better cleaning.

Fantastic staff and great location. Free breakfast was decent, also free towels and ear plugs provided. Ear plugs necessary as the hostel is almost directly underneath a railway bridge heading into waterloo station. Bar downstairs was great, discount given for hostel guests. Facilities otherwise not great - swaying bunk beds, not enough toilets/showers, on my floor the 1 toilet was blocked and the 1 shower was always cold. Ok for 1 night but I was happy not to be staying longer.

Good, not perfect, hostel to stay. Everything was OK, except for the noise from trains passing by. It is can be quite disturbing for somebody, especialy if he needs to sleep during the day.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff and location were really amazing. I highly reccommend staying here- the atmosphere was really good and it was easy to meet people. The only downfall was that the rooms were overheated which can be really uncomfortable to sleep in, but apart from that it was awesome :)

Everything would have been great apart from two things... Firstly at almost 2am we received a knock on our door saying that the rooms had been double booked and we were required to vacate. Luckily it was the staffs mistake and after checking realised that this was not the case at all. I dont think that it is good practice to start demanding that people vacate in the middle of the night without having your facts 100%.... The second was the railway works from 5am outside our window.

We had a great weekend in the Walurs Hostel. The London Eye is very colse to the hostel and the Hostel bar is very cool. In front of the door is the bus station and the subway station takes you only 5 minutes. I can recommend it.

Sorry, but there's no bathroom or toilets inside the rooms, no lifts for us to climb 4 floors upstairs carrying heavy luggage(the staff tried to help, but Jesus!), the beds rangs all time, people comes in the middle of the night waking us up, it's too expensive for lousy conditions. Pitoresque but not funcional. I hope you can get better!

I wasn't impressed with the facilities and not all the bathrooms had hot water but the kitchen was a very nice feature and the helpfulness and friendliness of the entire staff was so nice and refreshing to someone brand new in London.

• 20th Nov 2014

Amazing living room that is also a pub. The view on the railway can be romantic, but is not recommended for people who can't sleep if a train passes by every five mins. Breakfast is amazing, showers suck (forget about hot showers), which is not cool given the price

• 20th Nov 2014

All staff were friendly I highly recommend it here. I will be staying again.

• 20th Nov 2014

Loved the staff and atmosphere, but couldn't get warm water in the shower on the 4th floor.

Such a quality little place! I left behind something very valuable To me and was shipped to my home ADRESS the very next day! Btw I am arranging the P P sorry for the delay. Recommend to everyone!! Thanks walrus team😊

• 13th Nov 2014

I would think this is probably one of the best hostels in London. The part of town has a lot of eating nightlife and it's next to the Parliment, which to me was the coolest site in London. The staff double as bartenders for the very lively downstairs. You have to wake someone up afterhours for service so I felt bad about that. Staff and facilities are good. I especially liked this place because of the character. It just felt Londonish for some reason.

I've been traveling all around Europe and this was the worst hostel I stayed at. Really dirty and my room was incredibly cramped. And yes the trains that go by are really loud. I couldn't wait to leave this hostel after 3 nights there.

additional bathroom facilities would be a bonus, very friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6