The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

The walrus is the best!!! It was my first experience at staying at hostels and I was really happy it was there! Jacob and the staff are awesome! The bar rocked and the people have a very good vibe! Plus excelent location! It can't get better!!

Everything was reasonably clean.The staff were fantastically friendly, I got the impression that they would be really helpful if you needed anything.The combination of trains passing close by and the bar downstairs meant things were pretty noisy until about 1.30ish. Would recommend this hostel if you'll be going out in the evenings (or drinking in the bar)and want a place with a good atmosphere, but it's not the best if you want somewhere quiet to get a good nights sleep before an early start.

• 13th Jun 2014

Absolutely loved the staff. The free breakfast is clutch. And I got insanely lost trying to find it in the middle of the night and I was able to call for directions and the guy stayed on the phone with me until I found the place. Loved the walrus hostel.

Great location, nice and clean rooms, nice bar with discount for hostel guests, 24hr store nearby ... All in all, good value for money

The best thing about the hostel is its location. If you are on a short trip to london then this hostel is highly recommended as most of the attractions are at walking distance and the atmosphere in the area is very happening. The staff is more than just good..really really friendly and welcoming. The facilities on offerr are not great but its worth it for the kind of money you'll be paying. Din't had any issues during my stay

• 11th Jun 2014
  • India

The staff is second to none. Phenomenal people.

Great hostel, fun bar.

Awesome staff very helpful and friendly! Great location easy to walk places or catch underground near by. Yum breakfast! Thanks walrus hostel

The showers could be better.

great hostel, met some great people, it was lots of fun

Staff were excellent, all incredibly friendly. Free maps of London that were actually detailed. The breakfast was your standard cereal, fruit and toast affair. It was all fresh, delicious and plentiful. Unfortunately the in room lockers were broken, only 2/6 were usable. A great, relaxed hostel with a chill vibe. Will come again.

Great Hostel! very good location, the staff is amazing! Alex, Jacob.. I can't remember the name of the other guy who stays in the nights..sorry!) so kind, so nice, helpful and funny, nice breakfast, nice playlist also! It could be noisy in the mornings but it´s not a big problem. I really recommend it! and next time.. I hope you have "nachos" everynight! =)

A great staff and the best location possible! What else do you need? Bar closes too soon!

It was amazing. We really had a good time ! Price, location, atmosphere, staff. All was good. And hot barmen... We'll come back soon.

• 29th May 2014

This was our second time staying at The Walrus. We had stayed at other hostels in London and The Walrus, by far, was the best one we stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. While the hostel is located next to a train station, the rail sounds could not be heard in the room we stayed in, but there were earplugs available if the sounds were too loud. The bar downstairs was relaxing & fun and as a hostel resident we got a nice discount on drinks.

Good location. Kind staff. A bit noisy from train.

The walrus was my very first time staying at a hostel, and it exceeded all my expectations in a good way. I thought I'm only paying for a bed to sleep on at night and a hot shower in the morning, but in the process I ended up with a good company and a trip I will never forget. The staff is as good and helpful as any 5 stars hotel, I will never forger when Jamie picked up my laundry from the dry cleaner on my last day there, because I got stuck, and couldn't make it before it closes.

Nice place. Good pub downstairs that's great for meeting other travelers. My only real complaint would be that the showers were hardly working while I was there--the water was either freezing or barely coming out. However, this place is a great deal, close to Westminster and a lot of other sites, and whatever it's not close to--you have Waterloo station quite literally right above you to take you anywhere you need to go!

Walrus was a decent plqce to crash for the night. Staying on the top floor was difficult wih no elevator. Not sure if they offer private rooms but i would recommend if they do. Quarters are very tight.

Brilliant! Had a lovely stuff, everyone is so friendly. Would gladly stay again!