The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

The wi-fi had a poor connection, though I understand that the number of people accessing it can have an effect. The shower stall that was not a glass door was also prone to cutting out mid stream. Otherwise, my experience with the hostel was alright.

LOVED this hostel! Great location- you can walk to most major sites and the surrounding neighborhood is very cool with plenty of food options. Rooms are clean and spacious with comfy beds, and the staff is so welcoming and helpful without being intrusive. The hostel is located above a bar, but the hostel itself was never noisy. Definitely recommend!

Decent enough location, 5 min walk from an underground station which was all you needed. Walkable from London Eye. The pub downstairs was lively and fun. Limited number of working toilets and showers but overall was a very good hostel.

Location was excellent People were respectful Sleeping accommodation and patterns were observed

Great for backpacking, the Walrus Hostel was in a really good location right across the Thames from Big Ben and other local attractions. The bar downstairs was a cool pub atmosphere.

Fun place, great staff and a nice atmosphere. The location was somewhat far from nightlife on a weekday.

Staff were absolutely amazing! Would definitely stay again!

Very well located directly at Waterloo Station (however next to the tracks, so you might bring earplugs), cosy furnishing and comfy beds, very helpful staff, pub downstairs, free breakfast - one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Loved staying here! Met some really cool people and the staff was great! Breakfast was awesome every morning, too!

It is at an excellent location, walking distance from Big Ben and the river. We spent 3 days in the 6 mixed with washroom and 1 day in the 6 mixed with shared washroom. The shower was lots cleaner ensuite, but we have to use the shared bathroom all the time. We had bit problem with the locker inside the room. One locker was too thick for our common pad lock. The stuff are fantastic, very friendly and very helpful on directions. There were free breakfast came with the stay, which is very simple.

• 30th Apr 2015

Hands down the best place to stay in London as a backpacker. Will recommend to anyone and everyone.

• 29th Apr 2015

We had a great time at the walrus!! Upon arriving, the staff offered us free maps and made sure we were all prepared with the necessities(towels,converters,earplugs). Our room as on the 4th floor and there is no elevator. The free breakfast was simple but tasty. There's a discount on drinks for guests as well s the horse and stable just down the road. There we met Grant, who was super friendly and offered to take a few of us out before the Camden pub crawl,which was a blast! Definitely recommend

Very dedicated Staff! Creating an excellent atmosphere!

I only stayed one night in this hostel but my overall experience was a good one and the location cannot be beat! It is a 5minute walk from the Westminster bridge! The staff was wonderful, informative, and friendly and they took the time to call a taxi for me on the night I was leaving. I highly reccomend this host!

Excellent location, friendly staff, free towel rental. My only (minor) complaints were that the shower I used didn't have much hot water (though this was a 6:30am so maybe the boiler wasn't on yet), and the lockers were a bit small and flimsy. Overall, very good.

Enjoyed my time staying at The Walrus. Admittedly, the amenities are not the greatest. Some of the toilets took some effort to flush. And as other reviewers pointed out, it's a bit loud at night with Waterloo station right outside your window. But the staff and bar are great and breakfast provided a nice start to every day. Would stay again.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very good. Location was convenient. Being offered free earplugs was new for me. Would have liked a reading light in the bunk but at least there was a convenient mains outlet for bringing ones own light.

Staff was great and accommodating and even let me check in early. Atmosphere is great because of the bar downstairs where even locals visit- great for a solo travelers to meet others. Unfortunately, the hostel is a bit run down (for some this may just add to the hostel's charm) and isn't the cleanest. Also not enough showers on each floor. Quite far from London attractions and not the best surrounding area for places to eat, go out, safety etc. not a bad place but there are better for same price

I had a lovely time there. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel to stay at for price and location, staff was very friendly and helpful. Downstairs bar was usually busy in case you are looking to meet people.