The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

The staff is competent and helpful, and the location is very good, within a walking distance from the Palace of Westminster. What is missing in this hostel is a common area (such as a TV room) where one could spend quiet moments. The pub (as expected, and just like any other pub in Europe) is very noisy in the evenings.

Plan to visit Walrus again next trip. Great and super nice staff ... responsive and focused on everyone's needs.

everything was perfect but don't expect too much on beds and showers

Excellent location with a friendly and helpful staff. Beds are clean and comfortable, and there's a terrific (but expensive) bar downstairs. However, the placement next to the train tracks is intolerable. Anyone looking for a decent night sleep should bring earplugs and pray they don't get the a room on the top floor. The hostel would do well to install AC units and noise isolating windows (they can even raise their prices to cover it) for the benefit of their guests.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Bathrooms were dirty. Most the time the toilets were clogged, when they weren't they didn't flush well. Shower was too tiny. I could barely move and put on my clothes after and I'm a small girl. Top floor wasn't a shower it was a bathtub. The Window was see through so I had to crouch in the bathtub in the dark. The bathtub didn't drain fast, so I stood in a dirty bathtub of water. The positive was extremely friendly staff. My sheets were stained and she changed them right away. Good bar too.

It was incredibly hot while I was there...so a room with 20 something bunks and no windows was pretty awful.

This is a great place to stay, it is well located, the staff is excellent because they are really friendly. If i go lo london again, for sure i will book at warlus.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

the staff are really friendly and were happy to answer any questions you have. they had a nice bar but they don't serve food. its fine since they are places nearby to have you meals. walking distance from the popular sights. the only issue some people might not like is that you can hear the trains and vehicles go past at night so its a little noisy when youre trying to sleep. and the showers at my level were under maintenance so i had to go to the next level which can mean long waiting times.

This was my first stop on my Eurotrip and I liked everything thing about the hostel. The best thing was the staff, everyone was so chill and helpful. I took their *free bike tour (pay what you want), the bikes were great and the guide very knowledgable. He even let us tag the graffiti walls after. The bar downstairs is also a plus, it's a great place to meet locals and other travelers. I would recommend the hostel to anyone :)

SUPER nice staff, everyone was so helpful!

• 15th Jul 2014

The Walrus Hostel is terrible. (only good location) Shower wasn't working on our floor and was being renovated (tradies working from 9am each morning which woke us up) Window in our room did not shut properly and we were next to the train tracks which were extremely loud and hard to go to sleep. No fan or air con in the room so it was extremely hot 24/7. The basin in the room did not work. This place is a straight up dive, avoid at all costs.

Not so bad

Staff were friendly and helpful, however, after coming back to the hostel after a night of sightseeing, we were feeling grossed out by the hair and pubes in the sheets. It seemed like they had not been cleaned since the last people. The staff gave free earplugs with the room, however, they didn't block out the noise from the trains going past the window. Wouldn't stay again.

A few of the lockers in our room were broken and so only two of them actually were lockable. Also, at times there were not enough showers/bathrooms which I understand you can't really change but it was a little frustrating at times. Apart from these things it was a lovely hostel, everyone was really friendly and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Lovely staff. Great atmosphere and location.

• 6th Jul 2014

Absolutely amazing location! 5 minute walk to Big Ben and the London Eye! The staff here are some of the friendliest and helpful people I've encountered at hostels. Beds are super squeaky and bathrooms are small, but everything makes up for it. I would definitely stay at this hostel again.

Ok so I LOVED this place. It's basically an English pub with a hostel on top but you don't hear noise of you need sleep. The only negative was that the lockers weren't big enough for a backpack which meant you needed to store your stuff under your bed so being a padlock or something. The staff was amazing though!

Very good location, Excelent staff, Poor kitchen and showers

• 2nd Jul 2014

Hard to find the first time, but after that you are 15 minutes walking from the big ben. The crew is very friendly and you have discounts in the bar below the hostel. Careful for asking a nightlife advice, they sent us to the gay neighborhood in London

It's very good hostel, the pub is very funny and beer is good