The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Location, it is actually impossible to get a better location in London. It's no more then a 5 minute walk to most the famous landmarks. The walk into the city ever day past parliament and the London Eye you can't go wrong! If your feeling lazy there's 2 tube stations within about 2 minutes. Staff is awesome, breakfast is good. I've been here before and will come here again. Always feels like home. Also a cool bar downstairs a great place to mingle with the locals.

Awesome location,a mighty fine spread for breakfast and great customer service by the lady who did the check-in, thanks!

• 31st Jan 2014

The water pressure in the showers wasn't very good, and the mattress was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. However the location was great, the breakfast was good and the staff were amazing, the combination of which more than made up for any other issues. I'd definitely recommend it.

Great staff, but small rooms! Still It's the best choice!

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Actually, i stayed at Horse and Stables because was a problem in the bedroom in Walrus. And i recommend, great staff, it's clean and it's realy close to underground.

• 24th Jan 2014

Great location, friendly helpful staff, great bar with discounts for those staying there. Well stocked kitchen, with a fully working oven. Bar is mainly filled with locals, which can be great if you want to sample a traditional English bar setting on a Friday, Saturday night! Breakfast was decent and seeing as it was free, you cant really complain. Great coffee. Met some really great people, had a really great time. No communal area specifically for backpackers other than the kitchen.

• 24th Jan 2014

need a hanger for clothes in the room

Was very happy with my stay here, the fact that its so close to the main attractions is great! Only thing for me was that i was staying at the 4th floor, and with my super heavy suitcases (the stairs are pretty narrow as well) it sucks to take them up/down, however michael in the reception helped me take them up (thank you so much), but taking them down myself in the morning wasnt that funny. the staff is great, and either than that i dont really have anything negative to say about this place.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay in the hostel The walrus that I had booked many months ago because they had a inconvenience with the roof of the room that I had chosen. so they decided to move me to another hostel. This hostel was the Horses&Stables which is half block away from the The Walrus Hostel and it was ok. Breakfast included, small rooms, no kitchen, and you can't buy food and eat in there. There is a bar downstairs and they offer a 10% discount. No places to watch tv, such as living roo

All perfect except for the cleanliness, just one toilete for floor and its very durty

the reception/bar staff were extremely friendly and very helpful, the 18 bed mixed dorm was an okay-average room due to their lack of space and lack of electrical socket in the room. the bathroom upstairs was clean and what an amazing hot shower! there are underground station and also bus stop nearby this hostel. also they offering discount at the bar downstair.

Amaaaaazing location! Near lots of things! We could walk to big part of places! The people were friendly and helpful! Nice breakfast and great beds! It won 100% on safety because my boyfriend forgot his iPhone in the bathroom and when we realized it was already with the staff! It lost a few points because the garbage can in the bathroom could be changed a little more often! We loved and recommend the place!

• 22nd Dec 2013

It was the first hostel I have ever stayed in and it was definitely a very good experience. I felt very welcomed and comfortable.

Great place, amazing place, great location. Showers coulduse a little bit of mantinance. Also, they seem to think that the 10% to make a reservation is a fee to hostelworld, hope you can strighten that out because they charged full price. Anyways, had a great time, would go back :)

Great hostel. The pub at the reception is amazing. I'm anxious to get back there. Very clean and excellent atmosphere in everywhere.

Great staff, good atmosphere and good location. Showers could use a little bit of manteinance, but otherwise ok. Great time and great place.

The breakfast was decent, and the location is good...but I'm not terribly sure what all the positive reviews for this place were about, to be honest...the bathroom on the first floor outside our room was like using an outdoor latrine--no lights, windows open (it was December, and it was freezing) and shutters slamming (terrifying!)...our room was dark and unclean and we couldn't wait to get out of there first thing in the morning. The staff was very friendly.

Really cool hostel, very good location. I loved everything about it, except for the lack of elevator! The bar is super cool, and the staff is simply the best (even if they love Coldplay, what can you do...) :))) Would definetly come back, thanks so much for everything!

Excellent location. Close by the tube and walking distance to lots of attractions. Helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in London. Thank you for making my stay in London this pleasant! :)

Such an interesting stay at the walrus, be wary it is incredibly close to the train. And some windows are slightly ajar permanently, you can get free earplugs. I recommend doing that. The staff are some of the best I have encountered very friendly and knowledgable. The bar is a great place to hang out and they provide a very nice discount as well as free breakfast