The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Excellent stay. Staff was extremely helpful. Very walkable location with easy access to the tube.

• 2nd Sep 2014

This was my first hostel experience, and the staff was incredible! They were helpful, looked up places and printed off maps and directions, made recommendations, and were generally just very kind people. The beds were comfy enough, but the trains were loud, and closing the windows to drown out the trains made the rooms hot, so it was a bit of a catch 22. Still and all, I had a good stay there and they get a thumbs up from me.

• 2nd Sep 2014

the staff is great, the guys at the bar are really friendly but the facilities are not that great. bathrooms are too small that it is a difficult to get out of the toilet in the men's bathroom. the showers have no space to put things so you end up putting everything on the floor, the shower pressure is terrible and sometimes only really hot water comes or really cold water. there is no common room so hard to meet ppl and breakfast is average at best

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The team make you feel so welcome, the location is great, staff are beyond helpful, beds are comfy and breakfast was good. Anyone staying in London should stay here for sure! I'll be back again and definitely staying there.

• 31st Aug 2014

Excellent location. They have a wonderful bar downstairs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is also very good. My room didn't have lockers but they were actually building it while I was there, it's probably ready right now.

I was initially greeted by very friendly and helpful staff and this continued throughout my stay. The atmosphere in the pub downstairs was laid back and relaxed and inviting. The facilities were clean and although the beds were a bit squeaky they were otherwise comfortable.

Staff were fantastic, helped out with anything and everything we needed facilities were kept clean. Only downside was that out room was up 4 flights of stairs. Overall great hostel.

AMAZING hostel, highly recommended. First time backpackers arriving at the walrus, staff were incredibly helpful and kind. They showed us to our room and were more than happy to help with questions, directions and even printing tickets, info etc. Has everything you need. Beds are comfy & rooms are quiet. I'm usually a light sleeper but was not bothered by the nearby train stations Waterloo & Lambert north. Highly recommended! Will make all the difference to your trip.

Great location , helpful very pleasant staff but the bathroom and shower facilities are not great but always clean. Plentiful breakfast lots of choice. Close ,to the Big Ben, Westminister Abbey and the tube.

• 20th Aug 2014

Awesome staff, had a great time. Would recommend it. Only thing is probably get really drunk so you can sleep through the noise coming from the trains

Kind staff i ever visited

staff were awesome, arrived at 11pm and were happy to meet us which was a relief, has easy access to rooms and a bar with food ect down stairs so has everything you need aswell as a tube station around 300m away which is idel

• 18th Aug 2014

Staff was great! We were the OLDEST people there but didn't feel uncomfortable. Bedding was crisp and clean. The location is excellent, near the London Eye and the Thames, and the price was good value...but, the location is also directly over a train switching location, so we could hear the trains about 20 hours a day. For a quieter place, we might have tried the "sister" hostel, a few blocks away from the trains, the Horse & something.

I think the atmosphere and the staff are awesome, being in the 4th floor and a big suitcase was a bit troublesome because there is no elevator, also as the power outlets were not suffiicient for so many people, but overall i think it´s one of the best hostels in London, location can´t be beat and the bar is awesome! as well as the guys were always super helpful about anything i needed. Thanks!

This place is great! Location is amazing and the staff is super friendly and helpful. I got there really early and they gave me breakfast. A little noisy because of the proximity to the train, but nothing earplugs can't put up with.

This is not a hostel but a residence for -high school- students... There is curfew! You are charged for almost everything and check-out time is too early.. From my eurotrip this was the most expensive hostel and the worst experience. Location is not that good, "far" (in a venetian scale) from the train station...

Me and my brother stayed in this hostel for a couple of nights and we left like we've been living there for ages! You feel at home in every way. The only thing to point out was that some of the bathrooms were on maintenance and there were only a few for all the guests, but we managed, we saw that people would rather shower in the morming so we would shower in the evening ahahah Keep up with the good work!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in London. It is extremely close to an underground station, the staff makes you feel welcome. The shower is good. I did not get to use the kitchen facilities, but it seemed to be well equipped. The breakfast is fantastic and had even fruits and biscuits. The only bad side is that the trains pass really close to the hostel, so it can be quite noisy sometimes. Definitely recommend this one.

Great, great, great staff. Location near the Big Ben (excellent!!). Train station near (noisy)... but its ok for me...

The staff is competent and helpful, and the location is very good, within a walking distance from the Palace of Westminster. What is missing in this hostel is a common area (such as a TV room) where one could spend quiet moments. The pub (as expected, and just like any other pub in Europe) is very noisy in the evenings.