The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Nice place. Good pub downstairs that's great for meeting other travelers. My only real complaint would be that the showers were hardly working while I was there--the water was either freezing or barely coming out. However, this place is a great deal, close to Westminster and a lot of other sites, and whatever it's not close to--you have Waterloo station quite literally right above you to take you anywhere you need to go!

Walrus was a decent plqce to crash for the night. Staying on the top floor was difficult wih no elevator. Not sure if they offer private rooms but i would recommend if they do. Quarters are very tight.

Brilliant! Had a lovely stuff, everyone is so friendly. Would gladly stay again!

Fantastic one night stay at The Walrus. I typically avoid hostels at all costs, but found my stay in a 10 bed mixed dorm surprisingly great. The staff are astounding, the atmosphere is so London, the facilities are decently clean and beds are relatively comfortable! Breakfast is your average toast/cereal/coffee/juice but sufficient nonetheless. The only pitfall is being above a tube track so it is rather noisy at all times though I can sleep through anything. Will definitely return!

• 21st May 2014

it's so noisy since it's not soundproof and near to the train station. i'm a light-sleeper so it is hard for me to sleep well. however, overall, it's a nice hostel. good location and nice staff.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere. Right next to the rail station but we got use to it after a while (kinda rhythmic and soothing). We were able to drop out bags off before check in which was really nice because we didn't want to lug those around for half a day.

The staff is excellent, even if it is in the city center of London, the problem is that there is the train station near it. Passage of train until very late. The breakfast was excellent and finally the comfort of beds is average.

The best part it was the location of it, just right in the middle of London.

This place was great! The staff literally bend over backwards to help you out (free printing, cheap beer, good advice). Felt very at home here and it's close to the waterloo tube station.

Definitely will book again, this place is great, staff brilliant, friendly etc..

The most friendly staff ever :)) They made my vacation even better :) If i ever come back to London I will definetly go to Walrus hostel. Keep up the good work :)

• 15th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Train constantly going by the hostel makes it extremely loud. Even with earplugs, we found it difficult to sleep.

The ground level is a really cool bar with great atmosphere. You get a discount on drinks while you stay there. The actual hostel is a little run down. The mattress I slept on was terrible. I stayed in the 18 person room. It wasn't too bad except one person was snoring the whole night so no one was able to sleep. The showers in our room were also not working. The lockers sucked as well. For 1 or 2 nights it's not bad. Location is great!!! Staff was very nice and helpful!

Our 1 night stay at Walrus went well. We arrived before check-in and were able to store our backpacks in the luggage room while we explored the area on foot. Can't ask for a better location. Would be nice if the lockers in the room were slightly bigger (we both had carry-on size backpacks that wouldn't fit). Some noise from train tracks, bar and road traffic/sirens but we slept just fine even without earplugs. Staff were great, atmosphere in the bar in the evening was nice. Would stay again!

Great little hostel in London above a pub- decent breakfast, fairly easy to meet people at the bar downstairs. Close to many key London sights (big ben, Westminster abbey, south bank, etc.). Shower and bed facilities were a bit below par when compared to other European hostels, but good wifi. Friendly, helpful staff- Would stay again!

Great place, superb location! (5 min walk to the Big Ben), staff was really helpful and welcoming, they are always available and happy to help you or tell you where to go or what to see, very nice people . I highly recomend staying at this hostel, this is definetly as good as it gets.

• 4th May 2014
  • Mexico

The staff was friendly and very keen to help. The room was good, clean, well lighted and ventilated. I like it has a pub downstairs, yo can have a beer there and afterwards if you go to sleep you don't feel the noise of it.

19 lads on a stag do for three days was good for what we needed

• 2nd May 2014

Small hostel in good location, very nice staff and good breakfest.

It's got everything you need. Great location, really helpful staff, good pub on the first floor, amazing breakfast, not too expensive. There should be a bigger locker, though. My backpack wouldn't fit in them.