The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Love the Walrus! The pub is a great gathering space to make friends and chat with the cool staff. Easy access to just about everything in central London, and there are convenient grocery stores and restaurants nearby as well. Thanks for a great stay, guys!

The Walrus is awesome. Best location, very affordable for London and the staff are great. The bar is fantastic and has a good vibe. Toilets, showers, kitchen and dorms are all a little small and worn down but you can forgive all that in a heatbeat because of the good points. Wouldnt think twice about staying here again.

Security coded locks are placed on every door, however people often leave them open. Yes, Waterloo train station is very loud, but you'll find if you're tired it's not an issue. The staff were absolutely incredible. Just amazing. The shower on the fourth floor is badt, definitely use the one on the third floor if you can.

Very good location and friendly staff, plus the free breakfast is always a good way to start the day ! Noisy of course because of the railroad just above the hostel and the room light was just above my bed so not the best for a resting sleep.

Clean room. The toilet did not flush properly. Other reviewers have mentioned noise from the train tracks passing near the hostel -- I recall hearing this but it did not bother me. There was no noise from the pub downstairs keeping me up, and I had a good night's rest. I would stay here again, although it would be nice if the toilet worked!

Very welcoming Clean Good location

Bed and room were great. Bathrooms, however, left much to be desired. Previous reviewer was right that toilets don't always flush. Location cannot be beat it's incredibly close to the London Eye and Westminster. In retrospect, a bit pricy but you pay for location. Overall the bed/room and location make it worth it.

• 30th Jan 2015

The Walrus was great! It was conveniently located (only 5 minutes from the London Eye and 3 minutes from the closest tube station) and had a great atmosphere. The bar downstairs was great and gave a discount for hostel customers. Although the bar stayed open late at night with loud music, the hostel room was very quiet and insulated well, so sleeping was better than I expected. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

this place was fantastic. very decent breakfast. amazing and friendly staff. they were so helpful and so approachable. the location was great. free towels and they printed off any tickets that you needed. really enjoyed my time here. will definitely stay here again when i visit london.

• 24th Jan 2015

Overall, this was a solid experience. The things that stood out to me were the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help out. In addition, the location was perfect for a quick exploration of London. Would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The staff is great, but located next to the station, this hostel is quite noisy at night !

• 22nd Jan 2015

Loved the place! Staff were so friendly and accomodating! Great atmosphere in the dorms and bar. Wifi was excellent. Good, walkable location as well as extremely close to the nearest underground. Thank you for having us! Breakfast was also a hit!

• 17th Jan 2015

This was my first time staying in a hostel. It was so much better than I imagined, the facilities were very well kept and clean, there were multiple security locks to get into the building, rooms, and storage areas, there were multiple bathrooms and they were always clean, and the people who were staying there were normal, friendly, and seemed to all keep good hygiene practices. The staff was fantastic, friendly, and helpful. When I visit London again, I will be staying here.

• 16th Jan 2015

Awesome location close to underground or just to walk over to Westminster. Keen staff, super friendly, felt quite safe. Would definitely go back there for a stay.

• 14th Jan 2015

Toilets had issues flushing, not enough outlets provided in 20bed dorm, alarm clock broken in private room, mold in some areas, and we got quite a draft from the solid brick wall next to our beds. Quality of the facilities aside, the staff was amazing. They were incredibly helpful and very friendly.

The staff at this hostel are great and super helpful. Don't expect much from the facilities, just expect a cheap hostel and you'll be fine. The toilets and showers are pretty much all broken and it stays loud late into the night, but the bar is nice.

The staff were wonderful!! Loved my stay there and will definitely keep it in mind next time I visit London!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

I stayed one night at this hostel with my girlfriend and we had a great time there, we really enjoyed the warm welcome we received by the staff. The breakfast was excellent and good enough to start the day off. The location couldn't be better just a couple of minutes walk from the London eye. I highly recommend it.

London is not a cheap city. So, it reflects in accomodation prices. Even if, I think Walrus prices should be little cheaper by the facilities it earns. For example, rooms and bathrooms aren't always clean. However, it really pays for the atmosphere and location. There is a bar downstairs that offers good drinks in a very nice enviroment. Lunch is also good.

Had such a great time staying at the Walrus. The Hostel was in a great location and had everything we needed. The staff were super helpful and probably the nicest people we've encountered so far on the trip. The atmosphere of the Hostel was really good and we met so many people.