The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

The staff is second to none. Phenomenal people.

Great hostel, fun bar.

Awesome staff very helpful and friendly! Great location easy to walk places or catch underground near by. Yum breakfast! Thanks walrus hostel

The showers could be better.

great hostel, met some great people, it was lots of fun

Staff were excellent, all incredibly friendly. Free maps of London that were actually detailed. The breakfast was your standard cereal, fruit and toast affair. It was all fresh, delicious and plentiful. Unfortunately the in room lockers were broken, only 2/6 were usable. A great, relaxed hostel with a chill vibe. Will come again.

Great Hostel! very good location, the staff is amazing! Alex, Jacob.. I can't remember the name of the other guy who stays in the nights..sorry!) so kind, so nice, helpful and funny, nice breakfast, nice playlist also! It could be noisy in the mornings but it´s not a big problem. I really recommend it! and next time.. I hope you have "nachos" everynight! =)

A great staff and the best location possible! What else do you need? Bar closes too soon!

It was amazing. We really had a good time ! Price, location, atmosphere, staff. All was good. And hot barmen... We'll come back soon.

• 29th May 2014

This was our second time staying at The Walrus. We had stayed at other hostels in London and The Walrus, by far, was the best one we stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. While the hostel is located next to a train station, the rail sounds could not be heard in the room we stayed in, but there were earplugs available if the sounds were too loud. The bar downstairs was relaxing & fun and as a hostel resident we got a nice discount on drinks.

Good location. Kind staff. A bit noisy from train.

The walrus was my very first time staying at a hostel, and it exceeded all my expectations in a good way. I thought I'm only paying for a bed to sleep on at night and a hot shower in the morning, but in the process I ended up with a good company and a trip I will never forget. The staff is as good and helpful as any 5 stars hotel, I will never forger when Jamie picked up my laundry from the dry cleaner on my last day there, because I got stuck, and couldn't make it before it closes.

Nice place. Good pub downstairs that's great for meeting other travelers. My only real complaint would be that the showers were hardly working while I was there--the water was either freezing or barely coming out. However, this place is a great deal, close to Westminster and a lot of other sites, and whatever it's not close to--you have Waterloo station quite literally right above you to take you anywhere you need to go!

Walrus was a decent plqce to crash for the night. Staying on the top floor was difficult wih no elevator. Not sure if they offer private rooms but i would recommend if they do. Quarters are very tight.

Brilliant! Had a lovely stuff, everyone is so friendly. Would gladly stay again!

Fantastic one night stay at The Walrus. I typically avoid hostels at all costs, but found my stay in a 10 bed mixed dorm surprisingly great. The staff are astounding, the atmosphere is so London, the facilities are decently clean and beds are relatively comfortable! Breakfast is your average toast/cereal/coffee/juice but sufficient nonetheless. The only pitfall is being above a tube track so it is rather noisy at all times though I can sleep through anything. Will definitely return!

• 21st May 2014

it's so noisy since it's not soundproof and near to the train station. i'm a light-sleeper so it is hard for me to sleep well. however, overall, it's a nice hostel. good location and nice staff.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere. Right next to the rail station but we got use to it after a while (kinda rhythmic and soothing). We were able to drop out bags off before check in which was really nice because we didn't want to lug those around for half a day.

The staff is excellent, even if it is in the city center of London, the problem is that there is the train station near it. Passage of train until very late. The breakfast was excellent and finally the comfort of beds is average.

The best part it was the location of it, just right in the middle of London.