The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

This was the first hostel I ever stayed in and it was an amazing experience. The staff were so welcoming and always willing to help. For a solo traveler, there are plenty of opportunities to make new friends as there are always people in the kitchen or bar to talk to. The location is perfect- I could walk to the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and many other attractions. Best of all, breakfast is free and delicious!!!

We stayed at the Walrus for 3 nights and had a great time. The hostel staff are super friendly and helpful and gave us tips for fun things to do in the area. The location is perfect with easy access to tube and multiple bus lines. With their daily drink specials (mojito Monday, beer Tuesday, and wine Wednesday) we were always guaranteed a good time!

• 28th Apr 2014

+Room & showers are very clean. Some staffs are very helpful. Bar is pretty fun at night. Perfect location. The hostel is surrounded with cheap supermarkets so it was very convenient for someone on the tight budget.. -I'm pretty sure I booked 18-bed room but why did I count 20 beds in my room? The hostel wifi doesn't work very well on the first floor so I ended up having to use the one from the bar. The bed & doors make a lot of noises. Not enough power outlet in the room.

A lot of stairs. The bedrooms open with a password. Located under a train line (think noise). Rooms have just tiny little lockers, which were all occupied when we arrived (seems they don't control), so our luggage had to stay outside. A 10-person room had just 2 outlets, which were located behind someone else's bed. The beds don't have individual lights, so you will have to look for your things in complete darkness if you arrive at night. Breakfast is just ok. Near Big Ben. Nice staff.

Very clean (and was fully booked)! nice laid out breakfast. Staff friendly and helpful. Would definatley recommend. good atmosphere too!

Great and friendly staff. Rooms/bed were pretty clean. Only down-side were the stairs. Lots of stairs to go up if you're on the top floor.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Stayed here for two weeks recently and really enjoyed the atmosphere within the hostel. Great people, great location! Would definitely stay here again when in london. Cosy kitchen is a great place to have a chat after a day sightseeing.

Good location, close to the metro and hire bike station. Staff is awesome, Alex and the guys are really cool. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Only annoying thing were the trains being very noisy.

The staff were friendly and very helpful with suggestions of where to go and what to see, and how to get there. After two weeks of backpacking through Europe this was one of our best hostels.

• 20th Apr 2014

Absolutelly great staff (probably the best during all my trip around Europe). I recommend this hostel 100%. It's right by the London Eye, really close to subway stations (underground). Great hostel.

I can't really fault this hostel, staff were very welcoming and helpfull, a superb location at a fantastic price. Definitely recommended. I did read about train noise and there was a bridge alarmingly close but didn't really notice the noise.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Location is superb, but the rooms are damn dirty!! Don't look under your mattress! At least, no bedbugs. No lockers for big backpacks. Breakfast, at easter day was amazing. Fresh bread, lots of good stuff. On the next day, it was really bad. Not even fruit. Another bad thing: male-only dorms. No mixed dorms. Why? What's the point? Why not female-only dorms and then mixed-dorms? I hate staying with a bunch of smelly guys. LOCK-OUT is not said on the description.

The location is good and the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bar also has a really good relaxed atmosphere. Definitely recommended to anyone passing through London

The hostel is great, and people there are very nice. Enjoy staying there.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

Charming hostel with super friendly staff in a great location at a fair price.

• 4th Apr 2014

The hostel has an awesome location. The staff is very friendly and helpful, you can hanging out with them at walrus bar :) Only one complain: the way to open the bedroom doors its annoying!!We always forgot the code!

Hostel is in a great location, don't think it can be better really like 2 minute walk to London eye, Big Ben, Parliament. Right between 2 Tube stations. Staff super friendly. Good free breakfast. Full Kitchen. Nice bar down stairs that lots of locals drink at, so a great place to meet locals. Was my 4th stay here well defiantly come back a 5th time.

Best staff I have ever come across by any means! Absolutely amazing how well they treated you. Only small issue was that the bed wasn't the most comfortable.

Staff very friendly and always ready to help, Location is amazing, only 5 minutes walk from the houses of parliament, I could even see the Big Ben from my window. The only problem is that the kitchen is quite small.