The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

I only stayed one night in this hostel but my overall experience was a good one and the location cannot be beat! It is a 5minute walk from the Westminster bridge! The staff was wonderful, informative, and friendly and they took the time to call a taxi for me on the night I was leaving. I highly reccomend this host!

Excellent location, friendly staff, free towel rental. My only (minor) complaints were that the shower I used didn't have much hot water (though this was a 6:30am so maybe the boiler wasn't on yet), and the lockers were a bit small and flimsy. Overall, very good.

Enjoyed my time staying at The Walrus. Admittedly, the amenities are not the greatest. Some of the toilets took some effort to flush. And as other reviewers pointed out, it's a bit loud at night with Waterloo station right outside your window. But the staff and bar are great and breakfast provided a nice start to every day. Would stay again.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very good. Location was convenient. Being offered free earplugs was new for me. Would have liked a reading light in the bunk but at least there was a convenient mains outlet for bringing ones own light.

Staff was great and accommodating and even let me check in early. Atmosphere is great because of the bar downstairs where even locals visit- great for a solo travelers to meet others. Unfortunately, the hostel is a bit run down (for some this may just add to the hostel's charm) and isn't the cleanest. Also not enough showers on each floor. Quite far from London attractions and not the best surrounding area for places to eat, go out, safety etc. not a bad place but there are better for same price

I had a lovely time there. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel to stay at for price and location, staff was very friendly and helpful. Downstairs bar was usually busy in case you are looking to meet people.

Very good location and not a too bad a price for London.

Within 10 minutes walking to Westminster Abbey, London Eye, and 30 seconds from Lambeth North Stn. Amazing location, and even better people! The staff are very welcoming. You even get a discount on drinks, and free breakfast! Definitely worth staying here.

• 22nd Mar 2015

The staff are willing to help you all things in your trip. Good location near the main attractions. No lift, exhausted if you have the big luggage

Nice clean place, was first hostel of our trip and the staff was super friendly. They held our bags since we got in early and advised us of some nearby things to do until we could check in. Bar is hopping at night but you cant hear it from room. I was not bothered by the train noise at night at all. Great location, couple minute walk to the waterloo station and you can get all around london from there. only downfall is they dont serve food, but the hostel down the street does with a discount!

The location is amazing. You can see everything In walking distance. Good discount at the bar.

• 19th Mar 2015

kind staff.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Prime location. Staff were great and very friendly. Beds were hit or miss whether you got a good one that had springs left in it. Room 11 the 22 bed room was so noisy. Between the train right outside and the door slamming closed on its own every time people came in or out of the room. Surprisingly, you couldn't really hear the bar full of people right underneath us. Our window wouldn't close either so the train and sirens were loud. Breakfast was basic but great 😄. lockers were okay.

The water in the showers on the second floor would get extremely hot - like too hot to stand - and would not turn cooler again despite trying to readjust with the dial. But other than that your hostel was excellent and I've already booked another weekend with you in June!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »