The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

The Walrus was the perfect place for my brief stay in London while I attended a conference. The staff were great and the breakfast was very welcome each morning!

Great location and friendly staff. Unfortunately it's too close to the (very noisy) train station, sleeping at night is difficult..

i stayed 1 night with my friend and we both enjoyed the hostel and the atmosphere there: u cant find a better hostel with the money you pay at Walrus. additionally we checked out in the morning but the staff still let us use the facility for all the rest of the day (shower, kitchen), that is very handy ... and finally staff is very helpful, highly recommended...

• 7th Mar 2014

Totally recommend.

Great recieving when we arrived with a tour of the hostel, tips of activities and suggestions of bars, restaurants and clubs. The staff were great during the stay. I'll definetly recommend the hostel for others.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

The staff were really nice and very helpful, it was really clean and a good location, but the beds were very uncomfortable. That's my only criticism.

The staff was fantastic - very kind, friendly, willing to help with directions or any issues. The only complaint I could make is the backache I was walking around with after sleeping on those springs.

• 24th Feb 2014

The stay was amazing. There can be some maintenance to the rooms a bit. The fan in my room look to be held together by a piece of paste or gum. Other than that i really enjoyed my stay. My room's amenities were especially squeaky (bed, door, etc.) but we all made due. The staff is impeccable and cleanliness is not at all an issue.

• 19th Feb 2014

Great staff, very helpful, clean rooms and sheets, plenty of breakfast and a fantastic location. Highly recommended!

• 8th Feb 2014

Location, it is actually impossible to get a better location in London. It's no more then a 5 minute walk to most the famous landmarks. The walk into the city ever day past parliament and the London Eye you can't go wrong! If your feeling lazy there's 2 tube stations within about 2 minutes. Staff is awesome, breakfast is good. I've been here before and will come here again. Always feels like home. Also a cool bar downstairs a great place to mingle with the locals.

Awesome location,a mighty fine spread for breakfast and great customer service by the lady who did the check-in, thanks!

• 31st Jan 2014

The water pressure in the showers wasn't very good, and the mattress was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. However the location was great, the breakfast was good and the staff were amazing, the combination of which more than made up for any other issues. I'd definitely recommend it.

Great staff, but small rooms! Still It's the best choice!

• 26th Jan 2014