The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Hands down the best place to stay in London as a backpacker. Will recommend to anyone and everyone.

• 29th Apr 2015

We had a great time at the walrus!! Upon arriving, the staff offered us free maps and made sure we were all prepared with the necessities(towels,converters,earplugs). Our room as on the 4th floor and there is no elevator. The free breakfast was simple but tasty. There's a discount on drinks for guests as well s the horse and stable just down the road. There we met Grant, who was super friendly and offered to take a few of us out before the Camden pub crawl,which was a blast! Definitely recommend

Very dedicated Staff! Creating an excellent atmosphere!

I only stayed one night in this hostel but my overall experience was a good one and the location cannot be beat! It is a 5minute walk from the Westminster bridge! The staff was wonderful, informative, and friendly and they took the time to call a taxi for me on the night I was leaving. I highly reccomend this host!

Excellent location, friendly staff, free towel rental. My only (minor) complaints were that the shower I used didn't have much hot water (though this was a 6:30am so maybe the boiler wasn't on yet), and the lockers were a bit small and flimsy. Overall, very good.

Enjoyed my time staying at The Walrus. Admittedly, the amenities are not the greatest. Some of the toilets took some effort to flush. And as other reviewers pointed out, it's a bit loud at night with Waterloo station right outside your window. But the staff and bar are great and breakfast provided a nice start to every day. Would stay again.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very good. Location was convenient. Being offered free earplugs was new for me. Would have liked a reading light in the bunk but at least there was a convenient mains outlet for bringing ones own light.

Staff was great and accommodating and even let me check in early. Atmosphere is great because of the bar downstairs where even locals visit- great for a solo travelers to meet others. Unfortunately, the hostel is a bit run down (for some this may just add to the hostel's charm) and isn't the cleanest. Also not enough showers on each floor. Quite far from London attractions and not the best surrounding area for places to eat, go out, safety etc. not a bad place but there are better for same price

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »