The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

I can't really fault this hostel, staff were very welcoming and helpfull, a superb location at a fantastic price. Definitely recommended. I did read about train noise and there was a bridge alarmingly close but didn't really notice the noise.

More like a hotel than a hostel. Location is superb, but the rooms are damn dirty!! Don't look under your mattress! At least, no bedbugs. No lockers for big backpacks. Breakfast, at easter day was amazing. Fresh bread, lots of good stuff. On the next day, it was really bad. Not even fruit. Another bad thing: male-only dorms. No mixed dorms. Why? What's the point? Why not female-only dorms and then mixed-dorms? I hate staying with a bunch of smelly guys. LOCK-OUT is not said on the description.

The location is good and the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bar also has a really good relaxed atmosphere. Definitely recommended to anyone passing through London

The hostel is great, and people there are very nice. Enjoy staying there.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

Charming hostel with super friendly staff in a great location at a fair price.

• 4th Apr 2014

The hostel has an awesome location. The staff is very friendly and helpful, you can hanging out with them at walrus bar :) Only one complain: the way to open the bedroom doors its annoying!!We always forgot the code!

Hostel is in a great location, don't think it can be better really like 2 minute walk to London eye, Big Ben, Parliament. Right between 2 Tube stations. Staff super friendly. Good free breakfast. Full Kitchen. Nice bar down stairs that lots of locals drink at, so a great place to meet locals. Was my 4th stay here well defiantly come back a 5th time.

Best staff I have ever come across by any means! Absolutely amazing how well they treated you. Only small issue was that the bed wasn't the most comfortable.

Staff very friendly and always ready to help, Location is amazing, only 5 minutes walk from the houses of parliament, I could even see the Big Ben from my window. The only problem is that the kitchen is quite small.

I loved it, great place to stay in London.

Only complaint was that most of the showers were cold in the morning. I slept in an 18 person room, which was risky, but it was more than okay. The breakfast was basic but sufficient and good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Luggage storage was free after checkout. The bar was cozy and wonderful. Location was perfect for what I needed.

Excellent breakfast, good clean bed sheets.

The Walrus was the perfect place for my brief stay in London while I attended a conference. The staff were great and the breakfast was very welcome each morning!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »