The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

It was amazing. We really had a good time ! Price, location, atmosphere, staff. All was good. And hot barmen... We'll come back soon.

• 29th May 2014

This was our second time staying at The Walrus. We had stayed at other hostels in London and The Walrus, by far, was the best one we stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. While the hostel is located next to a train station, the rail sounds could not be heard in the room we stayed in, but there were earplugs available if the sounds were too loud. The bar downstairs was relaxing & fun and as a hostel resident we got a nice discount on drinks.

Good location. Kind staff. A bit noisy from train.

The walrus was my very first time staying at a hostel, and it exceeded all my expectations in a good way. I thought I'm only paying for a bed to sleep on at night and a hot shower in the morning, but in the process I ended up with a good company and a trip I will never forget. The staff is as good and helpful as any 5 stars hotel, I will never forger when Jamie picked up my laundry from the dry cleaner on my last day there, because I got stuck, and couldn't make it before it closes.

Nice place. Good pub downstairs that's great for meeting other travelers. My only real complaint would be that the showers were hardly working while I was there--the water was either freezing or barely coming out. However, this place is a great deal, close to Westminster and a lot of other sites, and whatever it's not close to--you have Waterloo station quite literally right above you to take you anywhere you need to go!

Walrus was a decent plqce to crash for the night. Staying on the top floor was difficult wih no elevator. Not sure if they offer private rooms but i would recommend if they do. Quarters are very tight.

Brilliant! Had a lovely stuff, everyone is so friendly. Would gladly stay again!

Fantastic one night stay at The Walrus. I typically avoid hostels at all costs, but found my stay in a 10 bed mixed dorm surprisingly great. The staff are astounding, the atmosphere is so London, the facilities are decently clean and beds are relatively comfortable! Breakfast is your average toast/cereal/coffee/juice but sufficient nonetheless. The only pitfall is being above a tube track so it is rather noisy at all times though I can sleep through anything. Will definitely return!

• 21st May 2014