The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Overall, this was a solid experience. The things that stood out to me were the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help out. In addition, the location was perfect for a quick exploration of London. Would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Loved the place! Staff were so friendly and accomodating! Great atmosphere in the dorms and bar. Wifi was excellent. Good, walkable location as well as extremely close to the nearest underground. Thank you for having us! Breakfast was also a hit!

• 17th Jan 2015

This was my first time staying in a hostel. It was so much better than I imagined, the facilities were very well kept and clean, there were multiple security locks to get into the building, rooms, and storage areas, there were multiple bathrooms and they were always clean, and the people who were staying there were normal, friendly, and seemed to all keep good hygiene practices. The staff was fantastic, friendly, and helpful. When I visit London again, I will be staying here.

• 16th Jan 2015

Awesome location close to underground or just to walk over to Westminster. Keen staff, super friendly, felt quite safe. Would definitely go back there for a stay.

• 14th Jan 2015

El hostel es un bar, y arriba estan las habitaciones. Las duchas estan muy venidas a menos. No te dan sabanas, solo un covertor. El desayuno esta incluido y esta bastante bien.

Toilets had issues flushing, not enough outlets provided in 20bed dorm, alarm clock broken in private room, mold in some areas, and we got quite a draft from the solid brick wall next to our beds. Quality of the facilities aside, the staff was amazing. They were incredibly helpful and very friendly.

The staff at this hostel are great and super helpful. Don't expect much from the facilities, just expect a cheap hostel and you'll be fine. The toilets and showers are pretty much all broken and it stays loud late into the night, but the bar is nice.

The staff were wonderful!! Loved my stay there and will definitely keep it in mind next time I visit London!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

I stayed one night at this hostel with my girlfriend and we had a great time there, we really enjoyed the warm welcome we received by the staff. The breakfast was excellent and good enough to start the day off. The location couldn't be better just a couple of minutes walk from the London eye. I highly recommend it.

London is not a cheap city. So, it reflects in accomodation prices. Even if, I think Walrus prices should be little cheaper by the facilities it earns. For example, rooms and bathrooms aren't always clean. However, it really pays for the atmosphere and location. There is a bar downstairs that offers good drinks in a very nice enviroment. Lunch is also good.

Had such a great time staying at the Walrus. The Hostel was in a great location and had everything we needed. The staff were super helpful and probably the nicest people we've encountered so far on the trip. The atmosphere of the Hostel was really good and we met so many people.

1 shower room and toilet on a floor Kitchen was too small But step was very nice and wonderful location

It could not be better! A great staff! Even the train does not disturb this place with its noise! I will come back as soon as possible!

The hostel was good but not great. Staff are very friendly and helpful. However the facilities aren't great. My bed was squeaky and a bit wobbly I had a top bunk. My mattress had a indent in the middle which meant I didn't sleep that well. I had to sleep over my pillow to fill the gap. I was on the first floor and the bathroom does not have heating so when you get up to use the loo in the middle of the night it's absolutley freezing. Apart from that location is great and breakfast is good too!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The staff was amazing!! The greatest people on Earth! Always helping you out with a big smile. The location is also great. The bar was very nice as well and the prices were good for London. But the amenities were awful. First, we were supposed to be in a room of 18 but there were 20 beds in our room. Second, the ladies bathroom on the first flood was not heated. It was cold enough that you thought your genitals might freeze and fall off. The bedroom was also cold. The kitchen was too small. Etc.

I just have to say thank you for everythink, I had an amazing time in London staying in the walrus.

There should be more toilets and showers, there were queues to use them. The location has advantages and disadvantages. It is perfect for the New Year's Fireworks, as it is at a walking distance to the London Eye and Big Ben. However, it is next to tunnel, a railway and an underground station, so the atmosphere of the area is not so good. You can still find ways to avoid walking inside the tunnel to get to the main points of interest. Very helpful staff and would stay there again.

Very helpful friendly staff, good location very walkable distance from a lot of places or right near the tube.

The Hostel is very well located. Walking distance to main attractions. Room was OK but not so much outlets to be used. Internet in the room did not work. Hostel was slightly old and dirty. Bathroom was a catastrophe. Luckily we have booked only for one night.

I absolutely loved The Walrus! The staff are super ridiculously friendly, the location is unbeatable (right next to the Waterloo station, 5 minutes from the London Eye), the bar is super fun to hang out in. It might not be the BEST hostel for solo travelers, but as part of a group it was perfect. I highly recommend the Walrus for everyone!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6