The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Definitely recommend staying here. They have the best staff... so helpful and accommodating. I felt very safe, and the location was ideal for seeing central London. The hostel will provide you with free earplugs, which you may need if your room is next to the subway trains. I had a wonderful stay and will definitely return on my next trip to London.

So gooooooood!!!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• 30th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Fantastic staff.always very helpful and cheerful. There's a few water leaks around the hostel but I'm sure they already know that. Beds are comfortable. The rooms need better circulation. Way too hot & styff in No.11 even with all the windows open. Overall pretty decent hostel.

It's always a great place to stay. Great location and good value for money. I always stay here when I'm in central London and I would definitely recommend it to people. Breakfast is very good. The only negative is I wish they'd sort the shower out.

The staff is amazing. The guys are very friendly and nice. The location is the best, it's close many places.

Personnel trés gentil! Bien située pour visiter la ville, mais juste à côté de la rail de train, donc très très bruyant pour dormir... Mais le reste est bien!

I arrived around 3PM and the staff were not helpful at all. He only gave me the check in paper and walked me to my room. He didn't tell me any thing about the facility and where the shower room is.

방이 넓어서 짐 풀기도 좋았고 와이파이도 잘되서 좋았습니다. 그리고 사물함도 있어서 자물쇠로 잠궈서 쓰면 되가지고 좋았고.. 가격대비 정말 만족했습니다. 그리고 저는 잘때 예민하지가 않아서 괜찮았지만 바로 옆에 기차지나가는 소리가 들려서 예민한 사람은 잠을 못 잘 수도 있을 것 같습니다. 조식도 나름 괜찮았고.. 빅벤이나 런던아이가 근처에 있고 역도 근처에 있어서 이래저래 여행하기에 저렴한 숙소였고 전반적으로 좋았습니다

The staff are amazing at The Walrus! They will point you in the right direction and give you lots of useful information.

With only small annoyances like the noise of the bar and tube and having to find an available toilet or shower that wasn't stopped up it was a great experience for my granddaughter and me. The location is central and easy to travel to and from via the tube. Having a kitchen was great, saved us alot of money! Beds were decent and roommates nice. The best thing about The Walrus is the staff, esp. Alex. I don't think he ever sleeps! Thx to them all for a great stay!

• 17th Jun 2015

This hostel is great, you must stay here if you are looking for something very close to all the main attractions as it is only a few minutes walk from Westminster bridge which takes you over to Big Ben and the abbey etc. Staff are super friendly and always happy to help and always greet you each time you pass through. Breakfast is included, which is always a plus and they have a small kitchen upstairs. Bathrooms and rooms are very spacious and tidy! Once again location is the best!

Localização excelente, porém alguns funcionários se preocupavam mais com as menininhas do que em tratar bem os clientes

Achei que o staff não foi muito gentil, principalmente os do turno noturno. Os banheiros as vezes estavam muito sujos. Mas a cama é boa e a localização é muito boa por isso acredito que é um bom hostel, apesar do valor em libra ficar um pouco acima dos demais que fui durante a minha viagem.

• 12th Jun 2015

staff are very friendly

The Walrus was a very cool place to stay. We were a 10 minute walk from the eye and Big Ben, which was fantastic, and it was easy to get there from Warwick Airport. The only downside is the 24 person room was very warm and the temperature of the showers was not consistent. Also, the bathrooms could use and update, as most the toilets were old and the rooms themselves had the same feeling to them. I would stay here again for location.

The Walrus was an amazing hostel. The staff are super friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the morning breakfast was good, and the facilities were more than satisfying. I felt very safe staying there and I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in London. It is a two minute walk from the tube and is right in the centre of the city! I would definitely return.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very good hostel, amazing location, security and staff, there is a bar under the hostel with well priced drinks. Also has a great hostel vibe, only negative would be that right beside the hostel are are constant trains going by from 4am-1am but it is possible to sleep through them without to much trouble, just bring ear plugs Very good hostel though! I definitely recommend it

My friends and I had an incredible three days at the Walrus Hostel. The staff is amazing, especially the beautiful bartenders, Victoria and Angela (who makes one of the best mojitos I've ever had). The hostel is located about a 3 minute walk from parliament square. I didn't meet a single unfriendly person at the hostel Really I can't recommend this place enough.

Great location right by Westminster. Museums and other attractions are a simple bus or Tube ride away. Staff was exceptionally friendly. The rooms are above the bar, which had much cheaper pints (£3.50) than I was expecting for central London. Minor cons: Not enoguh bathrooms (1 toilet on each floor, and 1 was out of order while we stayed so sometimes had to go up two floors to use a toilet), and the kitchen didn't have some basic cooking essentials such as oil.

• 1st Jun 2015

The shower rooms were great - very clean with updated showers. Bathrooms were fairly dirty and we had one that wouldn't really flush. Hostel felt secure with locks on every door. The bar downstairs was a great place to hang out and meet people and grab a couple of good priced drinks. Nice basic brrakfast included as well. All in all, good experience and i would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6