The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Amazing place to stay, right in the heart of London! It's easy to get to most of the major sites quickly. The staff was superb. Some of the nicest and most helpful people I've met! My only complaint was that the 18 bed dorm we were in did not have enough electrical outlets for everyone, and some of the other guests did not like sharing. We made do though! I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in London!!

• 24th Sep 2014

Ostello spettacolare, accoglienza ottima e disponibilita' impeccabile; La posizione e' perfetta ed e' molto vicina al centro(big Ben, Westminister ecc.). Pulitissimo, bagni accetabili. Il bar al piano di sotto e' il punto di forza dell'ostello. Esperienza bellissima!!!

Staffs are really nice!

The staff was always very friendly and accommodating. The hostel is near a train which can be heard at night, but earplugs solve that. London Eye, Big Ben and London Tower are all within walking distance. Some of the bathrooms are small and extremely low water pressure but they just remodeled bathrooms on the upper floor which are very nice. Fun bar and discounted drinks at another hostel down the way.

Alex, the owner was the greatest host EVER. Unfortunately, there was a young man/staff member during the day who was not friendly, my daughter had 3 bags to carry downstairs (no elevator) and he did not bother to help her with any of it, another guest offered to helped her with the luggage. But we would highly recommend this hostel. Thanks!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

We really loved this hostel. It is close to the underground, has a really fun bar on the main level and the staff are great! We had wifi in our room as well as the common areas. The bathroom layouts were a little weird (toilets without sinks, but showers with sinks) which made brushing our teeth a little difficult at times. I loved the laid back atmosphere in the Walrus bar, where we could hang out and meet other travellers. I would definitely stay here again!

Very close to train line but free ear plugs work fine. Bathroom floors get very wet and slippery. Excellent location. Free breakfast and great bar. Discounts on drinks and food close by. Would stay again. Not the Hilton, but not Hilton prices either.

This hostel was awesome! I was staying here a couple nights before I had to go to Manchester and was able to find it easy from the Underground. My luggage was unfortunately delayed and I asked if it was okay to forward the hostel's address to the baggage drop off so I could get it, and the statf was super nice in accomodating that. I felt super bad beause it came super late in the night but everyone was so great about it. I appreciated all of their help.

• 7th Sep 2014

The bar is a fun place to hang out, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the shower was in nice condition. The things that are wrong are difficult to fix. The room was very hot. It is right next to a train station and the trains are constantly roaring past. It is very, very loud. Also, there is only one outlet in each room and it's a little off the beaten path. Overall, our experience was okay, but we probably won't be back.

As always The Walrus is the perfect place to stay in London, I stay here everytime! You cannot beat this place for location! And the staff are always super friendly and helpful!

Everything was fine. The staffs were nice and thr location was perfect. Though the toilet and the shower facility was not that good, i enjoyed staying there.

This was my first hostel experience, and the staff was incredible! They were helpful, looked up places and printed off maps and directions, made recommendations, and were generally just very kind people. The beds were comfy enough, but the trains were loud, and closing the windows to drown out the trains made the rooms hot, so it was a bit of a catch 22. Still and all, I had a good stay there and they get a thumbs up from me.

• 2nd Sep 2014

the staff is great, the guys at the bar are really friendly but the facilities are not that great. bathrooms are too small that it is a difficult to get out of the toilet in the men's bathroom. the showers have no space to put things so you end up putting everything on the floor, the shower pressure is terrible and sometimes only really hot water comes or really cold water. there is no common room so hard to meet ppl and breakfast is average at best

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The team make you feel so welcome, the location is great, staff are beyond helpful, beds are comfy and breakfast was good. Anyone staying in London should stay here for sure! I'll be back again and definitely staying there.

• 31st Aug 2014

Una estancia inmejorable. Estuvimos en habitacion de 6 mixta en la ultima planta. la wifi funciona bien, la cocina esta bien y el desayuno es muy bueno: tostadas,mermeladas, cafe,leche cereales... la ubicación es 50 mts del metro y 5min andando hasta el bigben. El staff se esforzo por atendernos en español y siempre con una sonrisa. ojo, lo único malo, esta al lado de las vias del tren y en nuestro caso pasan junto a la ventana, nada que no solucionen unos tapones. TOTALMENTE RECOMENDABLE

Excellent location. They have a wonderful bar downstairs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is also very good. My room didn't have lockers but they were actually building it while I was there, it's probably ready right now.

I was initially greeted by very friendly and helpful staff and this continued throughout my stay. The atmosphere in the pub downstairs was laid back and relaxed and inviting. The facilities were clean and although the beds were a bit squeaky they were otherwise comfortable.

Staff were fantastic, helped out with anything and everything we needed facilities were kept clean. Only downside was that out room was up 4 flights of stairs. Overall great hostel.

AMAZING hostel, highly recommended. First time backpackers arriving at the walrus, staff were incredibly helpful and kind. They showed us to our room and were more than happy to help with questions, directions and even printing tickets, info etc. Has everything you need. Beds are comfy & rooms are quiet. I'm usually a light sleeper but was not bothered by the nearby train stations Waterloo & Lambert north. Highly recommended! Will make all the difference to your trip.

Great location , helpful very pleasant staff but the bathroom and shower facilities are not great but always clean. Plentiful breakfast lots of choice. Close ,to the Big Ben, Westminister Abbey and the tube.

• 20th Aug 2014